Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: VAMPING  (Read 24375 times)

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
Re:VAMPING
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2006, 09:11:15 AM »

A couple Mancini free downloads here. "Mancini's Angels" which is a lot of 70s TV themes, and the soundtrack to GUNN. Not the Peter Gunn TV shows but the 1967 feature film GUNN, with only two tunes repeated from the TV show. Also some Stan Freberg if anyone's a fan...

http://bentrecords.blogspot.com/

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2006, 09:16:34 AM »

And for FJL...
Someone's posted an mp3 of Jack Wild singing "A Friend in You" (aka "A Fwiend in You") from H.R. Pufnstuf.

http://blow-up-doll.blogspot.com/

MBarnum

« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2006, 09:16:48 AM »

It's out on DVD already if that makes a difference to you.

Oh! LOL! I guess I could rent it tonight then!

MBarnum

« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2006, 09:19:13 AM »

MBarnum!
Major Bollywood soundtrack downloads here...
http://lellebelle.blogspot.com/

Holy masala! Thanks Rodzinski! I guess I will be making me some new CDs! And would you believe me if I told you I have seen a couple of those movies?  :D
« Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 09:22:32 AM by MBarnum »

MBarnum

« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2006, 09:22:16 AM »

I have now de-mossed my front yard and part of the back yard. I shall now clean up this junkyard...I know that underneath it all is a very nice living room with some cool retro furniture...if only I could see it all.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2006, 09:30:27 AM »

I've been cleaning up my den/home office here, but every once in a while I find myself exhausted and have to sit down--I think I'm still a wee bit dehydrated.  I'm trying to sort through some old computer software and whatnot--do I really need to keep hold of all the boxes from The Sims games?  Plus, I came across a couple of CDs that I had bought but never listened to.  Ach!  Clutter!  It's the bane of my existence!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2006, 09:41:20 AM »

Good Morning!  Good Afternoon!

Another slow, lazy morning here for me.  But since I have nothing to do today, well...

I guess I've finally "accepted" my "between gigs" status.  Nothing wrong with that.  And I really am "between gigs" right now...  And once my next gig starts, who knows when it will end, so...

However, there are a couple of "shoeboxes" here that I've been meaning to sort through, and I think I actually might take care of that chore today.  We shall see...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2006, 09:46:59 AM »

...And I also think I'm gonna go ahead and stay down here through Monday and head back Tuesday morning.  This is my last chance for any extended visit, and there really is, alas, plenty of stuff for me to sort through down here.  I also want to spend some time with my nieces and nephews.

And speaking of the little devils, here's my nephew and one of my nieces:
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2006, 09:52:48 AM »

Well the handy man called and cancelled. Maybe that will be the title of MY next book  The Day the Handy Man Stood Me up

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2006, 09:53:01 AM »

What are they rockin' out to on the headphones?

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2006, 09:55:42 AM »

Who can wreck a weekend
When there's so much to do
by cancelling his plans
and bugging out on you?

The Handy Man
The Handy Man Can

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2006, 09:58:04 AM »

Thanks for the birthday wishes! I am, indeed, still around, Dear Reader Laura. Nice to see your faces, dear people of HHW. I have to admit I've lurked on occasion - but did not get faces with the posts. Suddenly, in the non-lurk mode, I see you all (or the ones here at the moment) once again. You look swell.
For those of you who get the Independent Film Channel - The Independent Spirit Awards are on live and unedited today at two. Worth TIVO-ing. Much better than the Oscars, IMHO. Totally casual and crazy and quite unscripted. And this year, with most of the same players as the Oscars. The nightime rerun on AMC (or one of the other movie channels - can't remember) is edited and not as much fun. Will return to lurk later today. Thanks again for the wishes!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 09:59:33 AM by Panni »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2006, 09:58:40 AM »

I did manage to get a nice night's sleep last night - I think I actually got eight hours.

Cillaliz

« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2006, 09:58:49 AM »

TOD - I've seen all of movies nominated for best picture and best director
I haven't seen Hustle and Flow, so I didn't see Terrence Howard's performance for best actor, but I've seen the rest
I"m planning to see Transamerica today or tomorrow, but I haven't seen Mrs. Henderson Presents or Pride and Prejudice so I'm a little lacking in the best actress category
I've seen all the best supporting actor and all the best supporting actress except June Bug with Amy Adams

Cillaliz

« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2006, 09:59:46 AM »

Hi Panni!!
Happy Birthday, great to see you

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2006, 09:59:59 AM »

And only because my name has been mangled more times than I care to remember in playbills and programs...

It's "Rachel Weisz" - no "t" in the last name.  -Although the pronunciation of "Weitz" is basically the "translation" of "Weisz".  ;)

And "Jake Gyllenhaal" - And I wonder how much pressure he had early on in his career to change his last name to something "simpler".

*And I keep wanting to add extra "n's" to both Hoffman(n) and Huffman(n).

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2006, 10:01:40 AM »

Happy Birthday, Panni!
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2006, 10:02:39 AM »

TOD con't
Who I think will win
Best Picture - Brokeback Mountain
Best Director - Ang Lee
Best Actress - Reece Witherspoon
Best Actor - Phillip Seymour Hoffman
Best Supporting Actor - George Clooney
Best Supporting Actress- Rachel Weisz

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2006, 10:05:39 AM »

What are they rockin' out to on the headphones?

I'm not sure.  Maybe it was the demos for Lestat?  ;)

However, my sister-in-law sent that pic to me with the caption, "How I get my peace and quiet at home now."

:)

They both love music, and I'm sure the headphones have cut down on the usual cacophony in that household.  -Which is a very good thing right now since Veronica, my sister-in-law, is expecting her third child in a few months.  -Yeah, another niece or nephew on the way!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2006, 10:11:40 AM »

Hmm...

While reading Page 2, I came across the following exchange:

I just ate some cereal that MBarnum introduced me to when he was out here: FiberOne. I mix it with cinnamon Life.

That FiberOne is very good for you DR Rodzinski! LOL!

When are they coming out with the sequel? FiberTwo?

Which was immediately followed by:

It's out on DVD already if that makes a difference to you.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #80 on: March 04, 2006, 10:15:08 AM »

I had a bow of Cheerios for breakfast, but I just made myself a pan of scrambled eggs.  Yummmm--real food sure is good!

It's always good to have some protein with your morning carbs.  I usually cook up an egg to go with my oatmeal.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #81 on: March 04, 2006, 10:16:47 AM »

While eating my bowl of Kellog's ALL BRAN (boy, aren't we all getting old!) I spent 25.00 on Ebay!

So... You Eat, Therefore You Spend?
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #82 on: March 04, 2006, 10:17:46 AM »

Who I would like to win.....

Best Picture - Capote or Good Night and Good Luck - Brokeback Mountain was ok,  but it wasn't my favorite, and they were sheepherders - there isn't a cow in the movie

Best Director - hmmm not sure.

Best Actress - I want to say Felicity Huffman, but I haven't seen it yet. Reece Witherspoon was good and I can see why she's nominated but not having seen all the others, I was a little surprised she's been winning everything.  

Best Actor - Philip (only one "l" I missed that before) Seymour Hoffman - I thought he was incredible - he absolutely became Truman Capote.  When I heard he was playing Capote and having seen a lot of his other work, I just couldn't imagine it, but he blew my socks off.

Best Supporting Actor - I would pick David Strathairn - I loved his Murrow

Best Supporting Actress - I think there were some great performances here. I loved Frances McDormand in North Country, but I always love Frances McDormand, Rachael Weisz, however kept me intrigued and interested in wanting to know why her character was murdered,  and she had that something that I can't describe - I would give it to her.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #83 on: March 04, 2006, 10:21:51 AM »

Well. totally done with that house, I still have Mucho to do in this one, but there's no hurry for that.

BTW_ the plumber sent his bill and charged me for installing something I installed.  He promised to cut me slack on the bill and didn't. He will be receiving a phone call and a strongly worded letter and the bill needs to be fixed.  And his company will never be allowed in my house again.  

I would give him a big earful...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Cillaliz

« Reply #84 on: March 04, 2006, 10:24:16 AM »

Now that the Handy man stood me up (I'm really not sad about this, I'm ready for a day off)  I'm considering doing a double feature of TRANSAMERICA and PARADISE NOW. PARADISE NOW is only here for 3 showings, so I have to go today if I want to see it.

Has anyone seen either of these?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 10:25:35 AM by Cillaliz »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #85 on: March 04, 2006, 10:25:36 AM »

I'm up, I'm up... I think...

I seem to have a work hangover today.  Yesterday was so intense, I feel kind of zonked today.  But for all the madness, I can't wait for Monday.

This weekend, I have to get out the invites to my sister's bachelorette party, do my laundry (desperate situation, esp. considering most of my clothes don't fit me anymore, so the "bottom of the barrel" clothes are really not cool), do my taxes, and maybe go in to work for a couple hours just to get organized and re-arrange Nikole's (the former assistant) desk.  I didn't touch it on Friday because I didn't want to be a usurper and make her feel resentful; but I want to be ready for next week and I just don't feel ready at this point.

Sending courage and patience vibes to DR Joy!!

I hope all goes well next week! .... and with your sister's shower!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #86 on: March 04, 2006, 10:28:25 AM »

As for my Oscar Picks...

Out of the major contenders, I saw "Brokeback Mountain" first, and then caught up on the rest of them.  -And most of them I've seen in the past couple of weeks.  Seeing the so-called front-runner first and then the so-called underdogs has been very interesting in regards to the awards race and speculations.  It really does seem like their could be a lot of surprises tomorrow night, at least in regards to a "Brokeback Sweep".  -Remember what happened with "The Color Purple"?
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #87 on: March 04, 2006, 10:32:17 AM »

...And I also think I'm gonna go ahead and stay down here through Monday and head back Tuesday morning.  This is my last chance for any extended visit, and there really is, alas, plenty of stuff for me to sort through down here.  I also want to spend some time with my nieces and nephews.

And speaking of the little devils, here's my nephew and one of my nieces:

DR Jose, they are precious!!

I love the grin on your niece, she is adoreable...

Cillaliz

« Reply #88 on: March 04, 2006, 10:34:30 AM »

Interesting about what you saw first. I saw CRASH first, then GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD LUCK, then SYRIANA, then BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN, then CAPOTE, then MUNICH.  To me, saying that you really like MUNICH feels like cheering when the answer is the Hindenberg and you get it right.

All the best picture nominees are pretty depressing this year, actually

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #89 on: March 04, 2006, 10:34:33 AM »

And for FJL...
Someone's posted an mp3 of Jack Wild singing "A Friend in You" (aka "A Fwiend in You") from H.R. Pufnstuf.

http://blow-up-doll.blogspot.com/

I have the theme song from a gal on another board who posted it....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up