Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: JUGGLING  (Read 19632 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:JUGGLING
« Reply #150 on: October 12, 2005, 03:24:59 PM »

Not on topic (what's new?).  
DP Colin and I watched "Holes" last night. It seems such a natural progression for Voight's Midnight Cowboy character. I had not read the book nor seen the movie before. Quite enjoyed it.

It has been awhile since I saw HOLES and am trying to remember more about Voight's character in the film that led you to say that.  Funny I don't think I have a problem remember Midnight Cowboy.  Guess it is that age related problem ;D

Jane

« Reply #151 on: October 12, 2005, 03:35:29 PM »

The drywall guy has convinced Keith we need to trade in our SUV for a truck-Groan.  I am not a fan of truck but the guy says they are really comfortable now like the SUV’s.  Keith says we will use my car for trips but we can’t always.  If we go to Portland for Christmas we will need the truck or SUV to get over the mountain pass, same goes for traveling to LA in the winter.  

Keith does have a good argument for this.  At the moment our trash is collected at the end of our driveway.  In November that service will change to the end of our road.  We must use their very large garbage barrel that will only fit into a truck.  This also doesn’t make sense because our neighbors down the main road were given a smaller can by the trash collectors.  They also have once a week pick up while we only have every other week.

Tomovoz

« Reply #152 on: October 12, 2005, 04:12:35 PM »

Voight's cowboys were both self deluding naive drifters - acting out a role but not really living it! I liked both characters!!

I could see the midnight cowboy drifting into crime to survive.  

Of course that maybe that I wanted to see that! To me both characters had vunerability cloaked in false bravado.

Some great lines in "Holes" - the real name of the Voight character being "Marion" for a start.
Cute musical reference to the Happy Days theme in the film also.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #153 on: October 12, 2005, 04:17:32 PM »

Hello people.  DtM and JRand you made me laugh for the first time today  Thank you!!

Not to bore you withthe details but because of various people being intentionally obtuse and difficult,  followed by a breakdown of the photocopier, followed by the fact that I had to drive 30 miles in the drving rain while everyone was rushing home for Yom Kippur, I ended up up being 15 minutes late to my closing this afternnoon, plus being soaking wet when I got there thanks to the SUV driver who thoughtfully  plowed through a puddle at 43000 MPH in the parking lot raising a wave to rival any off the Atlantic coast.

I no sooner get in the room, spread out my papers then the lights go out... then they go on....
 then they go out and stay out.

We are in ac onfernece room with no windows, no emergency lights, the phones no longer work, and this office has no flashlights .  One of the secretaryies has a blueberry scented decorative candle which she agrees to donate to the cause and we, all nine of us,  gathered around that, and using that and the light of our cellphones managed to get the closing done in only twice the time it would have taken if we had light.

Foortunately at the last moment the electricity doid come on for theall important photocopying of the checks or we would have had to hold everything  over until tomorrow.

On the bright side my hair smells delicously like hot blueberry pie
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: October 12, 2005, 04:30:51 PM »

Is this Yom Kippur?  Such a Jew I am.  Okay, I atone, I atone.

Rehearsal was fun - just worked on specifics rather than running the show.  I'm back with Kevin on Friday, when we'll do a complete run.

vixmom

« Reply #155 on: October 12, 2005, 04:38:05 PM »

A few years ago my office manager gacve me front row three tickets to "The Greatest Show On Earth" Ringling Borthers & Barnum & Bailey  Circus.  Vixdad  couldn't come fpr some reason I do not remember , so I brought my Mom.  She had not been at the circus since she was a little girl and I don't know wo loved it more, she or the Vixter (who was about 8 at the time)

The  "head clown" was the same one on the DIsney circus tape that the Vixter watched over and over when she was little and he posed for picture with her, much to her delight

vixmom

« Reply #156 on: October 12, 2005, 04:39:22 PM »

Is this Yom Kippur?  Such a Jew I am.  Okay, I atone, I atone.

Rehearsal was fun - just worked on specifics rather than running the show.  I'm back with Kevin on Friday, when we'll do a complete run.

I was wondering if you would have new notes or if you were fasting and abstraining from sundown to sundown... I guess that answers my question!

MBarnum

« Reply #157 on: October 12, 2005, 04:39:28 PM »

Vixmom, what a day!!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #158 on: October 12, 2005, 04:40:57 PM »

Mmmmm...I just ate one of my favorite quickie dinners--Ellio's pizza, baked in the oven right on the rack.  Dessert will be a pack of Little Debbie's Yo-Ho knockoffs.

Hey!--I never claimed to be an epicurean here!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

vixmom

« Reply #159 on: October 12, 2005, 04:41:28 PM »

Well I must brave the pouring rain again to retreive my beloved daughter from confirmation class.

vixmom

« Reply #160 on: October 12, 2005, 04:44:47 PM »

Vixmom, what a day!!

I am taking tomorrow off to recover!! Actaully I am taking tomorrow off becasue the Vixter has no school because the public schools close  her for Yom Kippur .  So I am taking the day off and we shalll spend it together.

BTW Jason thanks fpr5 your vibes earlier!! :-*

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #161 on: October 12, 2005, 04:45:21 PM »

The listings are now national listings, not regional ones, and you're instructed to visit the on-line listings to get specific schedules for your local stations.

I gave up my subscription to the print TV Guide more than a year and a half ago.  The on-line guide is much better...in my humble opinion.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #162 on: October 12, 2005, 04:48:06 PM »

I'm on break from the unpacking and steaming of the costumes from the tour of The Full Monty.  Our call time was 9:00 a.m., then we had a lunch break from 1:00 - 2:00 p.m., then we worked until 3:30.  We have to be back and wearing all black at 5:30 p.m.  That's one of the longest single-show days that I can remember working.  But hey, I'm getting paid!  And if we go over 8 hours on this one day, we get overtime! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #163 on: October 12, 2005, 04:49:00 PM »

I've never really been a fan of clowns.
the exception of course would be Ben's DP "Ant".
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #164 on: October 12, 2005, 04:49:48 PM »

Favorite TOD songs:

Magic to Do from PIPPIN
Magic by Miss Olivia Newton-John

Old Black Magic by the McGuire Sisters
It's Magic by Miss Doris Day

I love the first two songs, but my favorite version of "Old Black Magic" is by Janis Siegel with Fred Hersch.  They play with the rhythm/meter and several times they go into 5/4 time!  Pretty darned cool. :)

vixmom

« Reply #165 on: October 12, 2005, 04:49:48 PM »

Mmmmm...I just ate one of my favorite quickie dinners--Ellio's pizza, baked in the oven right on the rack.  Dessert will be a pack of Little Debbie's Yo-Ho knockoffs.

Hey!--I never claimed to be an epicurean here!

Vixdad is working late and she had confirmation class at 6:30  so we stopped ata  diner.  We each had a beef burger, no bun, no lettuce, no tomato, a plain burger, we each had a baked potato, with butter, no sour cream no chives,
no bacon bits, a plain baked potato.  She had a small coke I had a cup of coffee.

They charged us $18.00 for this feast!   Last time we'll be going to THAT diner!!  And now I really must fly or my dd shall be waitng in the rain

Stay dry all!!

George

« Reply #166 on: October 12, 2005, 05:13:31 PM »

It's 5:15 and I have to be down at the theater in 15 minutes!!  I haven't even changed yet!  I'm off and I'm no longer house-sitting, so I'll be able to catch up tonight after I get back...or maybe early tomorrow.  I don't know how long I'll have to stay tonight.  Later!

Jane

« Reply #167 on: October 12, 2005, 05:28:15 PM »

I gave up my subscription to the print TV Guide more than a year and a half ago.  The on-line guide is much better...in my humble opinion.

I should have done that.  I miss the compact size of the old guide.  They should have made changes to their format years ago, I'm just not sure this is an improvement.  

Jane

« Reply #168 on: October 12, 2005, 05:29:48 PM »

Thanks Ozman.  May I call you that from now on? :)

Vixmom I hope you have a relaxing evening and a better tomorrow.  

Jane

« Reply #169 on: October 12, 2005, 05:34:17 PM »

Vixmom, I know all about places charging the same even when don’t want the extra’s.  I’m glad you left the unhealthy stuff off of the potato.  Tell I Vixter I said next time try the Garden burger, not Bocca, and eat her veggies.  

Danise

« Reply #170 on: October 12, 2005, 05:38:48 PM »

Sorry to pop in and out but I had to work late tonight and by the time I get home at six thirty, cook dinner, do the dishes, etc, etc it’s after seven.  I feel like I’m so far behind on everything but I’m not catching up on anything!

I have yet to unpack—I threw the suitcases in the back of the Bonnie until I can get to them.  

As I told you on Saturday morning, DR Elmore, the government sets up flu shots for us and today was our day.  It didn’t even sting but my arm is sore now and I feel kinda flu like and tired.  That will pass.

Thanks for all of the info about the zoo, DR Ben and Vixmom.  I’ll be sending something as soon as I get a moment.  For a four day work week this one is taking forever to be over.  

I also wanted to thank you for the song lyrics, DR Vixmom.  I remember our Dr. Paul Bearer who did “Creature Feature” on Saturday afternoons going into the castle music room and singing those.  Dr. Paul passed away some years back and I miss him.  “I’ll be lurking for yooouuu!”  

Glad to hear about your compliment, DR Ginny.  My things are still packed.  I’ll get to them sometime.

I was never a fan of the circus.  I realized at an early age that it wasn’t “fun” for the animals to stand on their heads and do those tricks they make the poor animals do and that’s all I have to say on that subject.  

I guess the closest circus I do like is “The Seven Faces of Dr. Lao”.  

I had a cup of my rose tea this morning.  I’m somewhat disappointed as it didn’t taste like rose at all.  It was good, just not the flavor I expected.  

Mood rings.  That brings back a memory of my Dad.  He bought both of his ladies (Mom and I) one of the first ones that came out.  He said he wanted us to have them so we could stick our hands out the door before he’d step in to see what our moods were.  If they were bad, he would go someplace else!

Favorite magician:  David Copperfield

Thank you for the address and name of the Zoo lady, DR Vixmom.  I also had a very lovely time.  I keep looking at my watch and thinking about what I was doing last week at the time.  Sigh.  Why are the good times over so quickly?

I hope you all get dried out.  I don’t want to hear about any DR’s being sick with a cold from all that wet weather.  

I really must say good night now.  

Laters!  
 :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #171 on: October 12, 2005, 05:46:58 PM »

Mood rings.  That brings back a memory of my Dad.  He bought both of his ladies (Mom and I) one of the first ones that came out.  He said he wanted us to have them so we could stick our hands out the door before he’d step in to see what our moods were.  If they were bad, he would go someplace else!

That is really cute.  I see where you get your sense of humor.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #172 on: October 12, 2005, 05:47:34 PM »

It's 5:15 and I have to be down at the theater in 15 minutes!!  I haven't even changed yet!  I'm off and I'm no longer house-sitting, so I'll be able to catch up tonight after I get back...or maybe early tomorrow.  I don't know how long I'll have to stay tonight.  Later!

Gee, George, I hope you, at least, stay long enough for the full monty.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #173 on: October 12, 2005, 05:47:56 PM »

I did respond while Danise was still here, except when I clicked on post I was disconnected from the site.

Jane

« Reply #174 on: October 12, 2005, 05:52:10 PM »

I finally took a short walk today.  It was so nice and quiet and I didn’t see a single person.  I heard a few cars along the main road, spooked a pair of ducks and a few birds.  The loudest sounds were my footsteps crunching down on the leaves.

Jane

« Reply #175 on: October 12, 2005, 05:56:08 PM »

Bruce I don’t know why you enjoy staying in Times Square.  I felt very claustrophobic walking around there. Maybe you just don’t stay long enough for it to bother you.  I did visit the relatives at the Double Tree and their rooms were very nice.  However, I didn’t care for the lobbies or the security set up.  I suppose some find that comforting.

Tomovoz

« Reply #176 on: October 12, 2005, 05:58:19 PM »

Thanks Ozman.  May I call you that from now on? :)

Better than Tin Man I guess.  Ok with me if DR PennyO does not have the sole rights.

Tomovoz was from DR WFO!
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #177 on: October 12, 2005, 06:09:16 PM »

Bruce I don’t know why you enjoy staying in Times Square.  I felt very claustrophobic walking around there. Maybe you just don’t stay long enough for it to bother you.  I did visit the relatives at the Double Tree and their rooms were very nice.  However, I didn’t care for the lobbies or the security set up.  I suppose some find that comforting.

Well, Jane, even though you weren't talking to me; I love staying in Times Square.  For me (and this is purely personal), Times Square is the heart of the city.  It makes me feel like I have come home.  Staying in Times Square for a night or a week or even a month recharges my batteries.  
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Tomovoz

« Reply #178 on: October 12, 2005, 06:16:57 PM »

Colin and I will quite likely return to the Milford Plaza again.  We found it convenient.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #179 on: October 12, 2005, 06:18:52 PM »

We may even get to Joe Allens this time.  Last time we could only afford to press our noses against the window pane. The exchange rate makes for very expensive eating in New York!
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up