Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: A BROKEN RECORD  (Read 30071 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: A BROKEN RECORD
« Reply #150 on: February 05, 2009, 01:26:43 PM »

Oh, you already watched it....never mind. I didn't care much for it, other then a few spots that I thought were pretty funny...the first film, I thought, was much better.

I thought the penguins walked away with the first one. This one was more evenly balanced with interest in more than what the penguins were up to. I'd say I may have liked the second one marginally more than the first, but these Dreamworks films don't have the depth of feeling or intricacy in storytelling that the Pixar films have. The Nana character really got on my nerves.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #151 on: February 05, 2009, 01:26:55 PM »

Page Six Dance!!!

Tomovoz

« Reply #152 on: February 05, 2009, 01:27:20 PM »

Margaret Thatcher's illegitimate mixed race child Rebecca has emailed me, offering to deposit several million pounds into my American bank account as soon as she perishes from cancer.

So she already has her mother's heart.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #153 on: February 05, 2009, 01:30:05 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Greetings from Memphis!
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #154 on: February 05, 2009, 01:33:46 PM »

Last night we finally watched our saved episode of BURN NOTICE.  This is such a great show, Keith's favorite marginally beating out THE CLOSER.  It is now a tie with me.

We still have last weeks episodes of HOUSE & NIGHT RIDER to watch & this weeks LIFE.

Last night we also watched the NIGHT RIDER episode from two weeks ago.  Surprisingly it was excellent & we hope it represents better scripts in the future.  A number of the cast have been dropped this season leaving our four favorite characters, & it seems to be working.  We had often said we wished the show focused more on these people.

td

• td
« Reply #155 on: February 05, 2009, 01:35:15 PM »

Heigh-ho, heigh-ho, it's off to work I go. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #156 on: February 05, 2009, 01:36:10 PM »

The flight in was smooth and uneventful. I even napped a bit. Once I landed at MEM, I went ahead and had lunch at the airport since I wasn't in the mood for Catfish Cabin (yet). -It's the only dining option near the hotel. So, I've already had a generous helping of the Neely's Interstate Bar-B-Que - pulled pork, cole slaw and beans.

The hotel is running shuttles to and from Beale Street today, so I'm pretty sure I'll be having some Gus' Fried Chicken for dinner. And then I might see a local production of THE LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA if I'm not in too much of a food coma by then. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #157 on: February 05, 2009, 01:39:19 PM »

Oh! And I ended up sharing a row with E&T DR Joy on the plane ride down here.

*I'm just hoping Monkey wasn't too much of a bother. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #158 on: February 05, 2009, 01:50:48 PM »

Jose lucky you getting a chance to see Joy.

Jane

« Reply #159 on: February 05, 2009, 01:53:05 PM »

I saw a cute Chow puppy while hiking today.  He had a beautiful, luxurious black coat.  It felt heavenly to run my hands through his fur.  We passed him on the trail three times & stopped to visit.  Sherlock was very good with him.

On the way home we stopped at the market & saw a neighbor pushing his little dog in the shopping cart. ;D

Matt H.

« Reply #160 on: February 05, 2009, 01:55:34 PM »

Last night we finally watched our saved episode of BURN NOTICE.  This is such a great show, Keith's favorite marginally beating out THE CLOSER.  It is now a tie with me.

We still have last weeks episodes of HOUSE & NIGHT RIDER to watch & this weeks LIFE.

Last night we also watched the NIGHT RIDER episode from two weeks ago.  Surprisingly it was excellent & we hope it represents better scripts in the future.  A number of the cast have been dropped this season leaving our four favorite characters, & it seems to be working.  We had often said we wished the show focused more on these people.

Last week's KNIGHT RIDER was supposed to be a reboot for the show, NBC's last ditch effort to rescue the show and capture a wider audience than it has so far commanded. So far, nothing seems to be working. It finished fourth in the time slot last night.

Matt H.

« Reply #161 on: February 05, 2009, 01:57:24 PM »

I'm going to hop off-line now and write up what I've watched so far today. Then, back down to finish off my work project for the day.

WBBL.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #162 on: February 05, 2009, 01:58:44 PM »

! ! ! ! !  TRAVEL VIBES FOR DR JOSE  ! ! ! ! !

! ! ! ! !  TRAVEL VIBES FOR ANTHONY  ! ! ! ! !

DITTO AND DITTO!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #163 on: February 05, 2009, 02:15:17 PM »

I just finished THE RED LEATHER DIARY; what a great book!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 02:20:37 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Kerry

« Reply #164 on: February 05, 2009, 02:19:52 PM »

I'm off to reflect and dream of great meals since I have not hit the TOD yet today.  It is so hard sometimes to separate wonderful food from just a wonderful gathering of people and possibly mediocre food.  I have a tendency to look at the event as a whole rather than individual elements.
I like boat races.

Jane

« Reply #165 on: February 05, 2009, 02:33:13 PM »

Last week's KNIGHT RIDER was supposed to be a reboot for the show, NBC's last ditch effort to rescue the show and capture a wider audience than it has so far commanded. So far, nothing seems to be working. It finished fourth in the time slot last night.

I'll let you know if I like it.  It will be a shame if the show finally becomes good only to be canceled.

MBarnum

« Reply #166 on: February 05, 2009, 02:37:16 PM »

I keep forgetting to add some additional vibes to DR Tomovoz, so I am now doing so!

Just always remember that the good health vibes are there whether I post them or not!

George

« Reply #167 on: February 05, 2009, 03:04:18 PM »

Koalas Little French Boys for all!         :)

I'll take one! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #168 on: February 05, 2009, 03:07:33 PM »

Yeah, how come we haven't had more posts re topic of the day?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #169 on: February 05, 2009, 03:12:31 PM »

It's pouring rain.  I had to go ship an important package - happily the post office wasn't crowded.  Since the contract is signed and sealed, I guess I can reveal that the Kritzerland limited edition cast album (for you dear readers' ears ONLY) is Anya, The Musical Musical, with a score by Rachmaninov and Wright and Forrest, starring Constance Towers.  Hoping the album master is in good shape - that's the only unknown at this point.  The soundtrack, which will be released concurrently with Anya, I'm not quite ready to reveal yet, other than to say it's a major coup and it's from one of my all-time favorite 1960s films, one I wrote about not all that long ago, late last year.   There are quite a few tapes on this title, including what looks like to be an album master for an album that was never released, plus session tapes, so we'll probably be able to have some nice bonus material. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #170 on: February 05, 2009, 03:13:00 PM »

I think I'll try to mush on and write a few more pages, although five isn't bad.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: February 05, 2009, 03:13:13 PM »

I had two tuna sandwiches for lunch.

George

« Reply #172 on: February 05, 2009, 03:18:38 PM »

Thanks, everyone, for the vibes and prayers for my sister. Her next-door neighbor is also having chemo treatments; they were diagnosed the same week.

~~~Vibes for DR Laura's Sister and Her Sister's Next-Door Neighbor!!~~~

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #173 on: February 05, 2009, 03:28:20 PM »

Very cool news about ANYA, BK!  I happened upon a copy of the LP years and years ago at a thrift store but it was so badly scratched that I didn't bother to buy it.  I always regretted it because the only other copy I ever saw again was at a rare book store in Philly for $75. 

Can't wait to order this one!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Cillaliz

« Reply #174 on: February 05, 2009, 03:42:48 PM »

TOD - not sure I can answer that.  Whether I have a great meal often depends on the company I'm with or how hungry I am or what mood I'm in.  So, I don't really remember...

George

« Reply #175 on: February 05, 2009, 03:45:29 PM »

Very cool news about ANYA, BK!  I happened upon a copy of the LP years and years ago at a thrift store but it was so badly scratched that I didn't bother to buy it.  I always regretted it because the only other copy I ever saw again was at a rare book store in Philly for $75. 

Can't wait to order this one!

Neither can I!  This is great!

Jane

« Reply #176 on: February 05, 2009, 03:49:06 PM »

Congratulations Bruce!

FJL

« Reply #177 on: February 05, 2009, 03:52:49 PM »

MBarnum - Thanks for including Skip's cooking in your list for the TOD!!!!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #178 on: February 05, 2009, 04:10:19 PM »

Good news about ANYA....and hmmmmmmmmmmm.....wondering what the other title could be.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #179 on: February 05, 2009, 04:10:37 PM »

Glad to see new episodes of the NBC comedies this evening....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up