Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down

Author Topic: IN A STATE  (Read 30310 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:IN A STATE
« Reply #300 on: February 20, 2006, 08:25:08 PM »

Here's another:

The telephone ring and Lena picks it up.

"Hello, Lena!  It's Ole!  You will never guess where I am calling from!  I'm in the car!  I bought one of those new fangled car phones.  I'm talkin' to you while I am drivin' home!"

And Lena says, "Oooh, Ole--be careful!  They just announced on the radio that there's a nut out there who's driving on the wrong side of the highway!"

And Ole says, "A nut!  Hell, there must be a hundred of 'em!"

Oop Nort Dere
This should take you a minute or two!!!!!

If you can read this, you are a TRUE MINNESOOTIN!
* Ven Two Minnesootins Meet Oop Nort On Da Lake Fichen!

Haydair
Lobuddy
Benearlong?
Coplhours
Crieps, cetchenenny?
Yepgoddafew
Vairdayittn?
Oberdair
Kindarday?
Valleyeennordern
Ennysiztooum?
Cuplapowns
Oofda, ittenard?
Yepsordalike
Vahchaoozindalindyrik?
Ohyeahdonchano
Fichenondaboddum?
Rydoopneardaboddum
Howdeeperya?
Bouttvenyfeet
Oh, Vachadrinkin?
Hadacouplabeers
Velligoddago
Tubad
Seeyaround
Yeahtakideeze
Guluk
Yoobetcha
Da Ent!!!

If you can't read this, translation can be supplied by Opp Nort
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #301 on: February 20, 2006, 08:26:04 PM »

CSI: MIAMI was a rerun, but it was my favorite episode thus far this season, so I didn't mind rewatching it. Just as marvelous the second time as the first.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #302 on: February 20, 2006, 08:26:30 PM »

Here's another:

The telephone ring and Lena picks it up.

"Hello, Lena!  It's Ole!  You will never guess where I am calling from!  I'm in the car!  I bought one of those new fangled car phones.  I'm talkin' to you while I am drivin' home!"

And Lena says, "Oooh, Ole--be careful!  They just announced on the radio that there's a nut out there who's driving on the wrong side of the highway!"

And Ole says, "A nut!  Hell, there must be a hundred of 'em!"

I like that one too.  Here's a link to 4 pages of them  http://www.norskarv.com/jokes1.htm

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #303 on: February 20, 2006, 08:26:36 PM »

The cover is the drawing of Sammy alone.  I'll try Night Song tomorrow and let you know.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #304 on: February 20, 2006, 08:27:24 PM »

That one is mild...

Where ya from Dan?

I live in Philadelphia, born and bred in Camden, NJ.  And I have attachments to Wilkes-Barre, PA.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

« Reply #305 on: February 20, 2006, 08:27:39 PM »

In addition to getting CARDS ON THE TABLE on the DVR during the night, I at some point today recorded I REMEMBER MAMA off TCM. It's been many years since I've watched this entire film, and I look forward to seeing it again at some point this week.

Cillaliz

« Reply #306 on: February 20, 2006, 08:28:41 PM »

Oop Nort Dere
This should take you a minute or two!!!!!

If you can read this, you are a TRUE MINNESOOTIN!
* Ven Two Minnesootins Meet Oop Nort On Da Lake Fichen!

Haydair
Lobuddy
Benearlong?
Coplhours
Crieps, cetchenenny?
Yepgoddafew
Vairdayittn?
Oberdair
Kindarday?
Valleyeennordern
Ennysiztooum?
Cuplapowns
Oofda, ittenard?
Yepsordalike
Vahchaoozindalindyrik?
Ohyeahdonchano
Fichenondaboddum?
Rydoopneardaboddum
Howdeeperya?
Bouttvenyfeet
Oh, Vachadrinkin?
Hadacouplabeers
Velligoddago
Tubad
Seeyaround
Yeahtakideeze
Guluk
Yoobetcha
Da Ent!!!

If you can't read this, translation can be supplied by Opp Nort

Oh geez, I can read the whole thing. I really don't like Northerns and I normally don't fish on the bottom, but I'll take a beer

Matt H.

« Reply #307 on: February 20, 2006, 08:28:57 PM »

The cover is the drawing of Sammy alone.  I'll try Night Song tomorrow and let you know.

I'm reasonably sure that's the reissue, then. But thanks for trying. I really appreciate it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #308 on: February 20, 2006, 08:29:22 PM »

Oh geez, I can read the whole thing. I really don't like Northerns and I normally don't fish on the bottom, but I'll take a beer

Walleyes are good, though

Jed

« Reply #309 on: February 20, 2006, 08:29:47 PM »

Due to the recent improvement in employment status for both DG Ann and myself, we have found ourselves in the market for a new apartment.  Our current one-bedroom shoebox was just fine and dandy when it was Ann's by herself, and has sufficed for the two of us, but we would be much happier with a little more space.  And by golly, I do believe we've found our new home.

It's a nice two bedroom with a load of storage space, a bigger living room than we currently have, a kitchen that two people can actually stand in at once (as opposed to our current postage stamp), will soon be equipped with free high-speed internet, and has a lovely, large balcony with a very nice view of both the water and mountains.  Our rental application is in, and we have an appointment to sign the lease tomorrow night.  We even get the first month's rent free!

One other interesting thing about this particular place... we'll be sharing a living room wall with some guy who goes by the name of TCB... ;D
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Matt H.

« Reply #310 on: February 20, 2006, 08:30:11 PM »

If BK were here and saw all the folks that are signed on now, he might have opened the chat room!

MBarnum

« Reply #311 on: February 20, 2006, 08:31:11 PM »

Then this might be a good time for me to tell about fixing my downstairs toilet today.  I had to yank out the old ballcock and insert a new doohicky.  It's a pleasure to flush it now.   :)

Yanking out the ballcock is always the most difficult part.

Cillaliz

« Reply #312 on: February 20, 2006, 08:31:55 PM »

BK should be happy about the number of posts when he gets back

Matt H.

« Reply #313 on: February 20, 2006, 08:32:28 PM »

Due to the recent improvement in employment status for both DG Ann and myself, we have found ourselves in the market for a new apartment.  Our current one-bedroom shoebox was just fine and dandy when it was Ann's by herself, and has sufficed for the two of us, but we would be much happier with a little more space.  And by golly, I do believe we've found our new home.

It's a nice two bedroom with a load of storage space, a bigger living room than we currently have, a kitchen that two people can actually stand in at once (as opposed to our current postage stamp), will soon be equipped with free high-speed internet, and has a lovely, large balcony with a very nice view of both the water and mountains.  Our rental application is in, and we have an appointment to sign the lease tomorrow night.  We even get the first month's rent free!

One other interesting thing about this particular place... we'll be sharing a living room wall with some guy who goes by the name of TCB... ;D

Well, congrats on the new digs. And now we'll know when you talk about your neighbor just exactly whom you're talking about.

Cillaliz

« Reply #314 on: February 20, 2006, 08:32:47 PM »

Congrats!  

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #315 on: February 20, 2006, 08:34:36 PM »

I was on the edge of my seat for about 75% of '24' tonight, and the other 25%, I was just squirming out of anxiety.

Oh!  Your fella is feeling better?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #316 on: February 20, 2006, 08:34:48 PM »

So I was warned ahead of time in my internet research.  But as it turned out I had no problem what-so-ever.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 08:35:06 PM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

MBarnum

« Reply #317 on: February 20, 2006, 08:35:24 PM »

Congrats on the new home environment Jed and Ann! That is fantastic!

TCB, isn't it nice to have the kids close by!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #318 on: February 20, 2006, 08:35:43 PM »

A page 11 dance

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #319 on: February 20, 2006, 08:37:22 PM »

DR Cilla, I hear ya....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #320 on: February 20, 2006, 08:38:10 PM »

BK should be happy about the number of posts when he gets back

HE might collapse from SHOCK!!!!!!!!

Posting Nirvana has stuck!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #321 on: February 20, 2006, 08:38:18 PM »

There goes the neighborhood!
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #322 on: February 20, 2006, 08:38:42 PM »

Great news, DRs ANN & JED!!  Remember don't take your OLD broom to your new house.  Buy a new broom...or better yet, DRTCB....make them a present of a new broom AND a box of salt!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #323 on: February 20, 2006, 08:39:30 PM »

I'm catching a bit of the ice dancing tonight -- some of the music choices seem a bit bizarre.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #324 on: February 20, 2006, 08:40:00 PM »

Congrats on the new place, Jed and Ann.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #325 on: February 20, 2006, 08:40:10 PM »

DR Jed and Ann, congrats on the new apartment!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #326 on: February 20, 2006, 08:40:14 PM »

DR MATTH - it IS the reissue.  Sammy sounds smooth and mellow...and it is on the Capital Orange label....I think the original would be on the Capital black label with the rainbow rings like the old Beatles albums...and the fine print on the back says....manufactured by Columbia House under license from Capital Records...says the same thing on the label.  I think I have a Record Club edition of the album!

Matt H.

« Reply #327 on: February 20, 2006, 08:40:36 PM »

Oh!  Your fella is feeling better?

Unfortunately, no.   :-\

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #328 on: February 20, 2006, 08:40:46 PM »

So I was warned ahead of time in my internet research.  But as it turned out I had no problem what-so-ever.

Practice, practice, practice.
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #329 on: February 20, 2006, 08:40:58 PM »

Told ya we was sensitive, DR DAKOTA CELT.  8)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up