Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: ORDER IN THE NOTES  (Read 25390 times)

Ben

Re:ORDER IN THE NOTES
« Reply #150 on: November 15, 2003, 07:51:43 PM »

TD, I think we can find room for you in the house. It's nine rooms with an art studio, a great bathroom and a wonderful kitchen. There is a sunning area on the roof and a swing on the front porch and a big yard for Anastasia.

Ben

« Reply #151 on: November 15, 2003, 07:52:41 PM »

Oops, that pushed us over to page 6. Unless the left coaster start adding their posts, I don't think we're going to hit 200 today, let alone 300 but we did good this week.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2003, 07:53:25 PM by Ben »

td

• td
« Reply #152 on: November 15, 2003, 08:16:13 PM »

TD, I think we can find room for you in the house. It's nine rooms with an art studio, a great bathroom and a wonderful kitchen. There is a sunning area on the roof and a swing on the front porch and a big yard for Anastasia.

Wonderful offer from wonderful, dear readers, but, being six-foot-two, I wouldn't even fit a toe into A DOLL'S HOUSE  (Oh! A Henrik Ibsen reference)!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #153 on: November 15, 2003, 08:17:23 PM »

Reminded me of Monica's fancy dollhouse in that famous FRIENDES episode where Phoebe brings ghosts and stuff to put in Monica's dollhouse. Hilarious.

Yours looks even more elaborate and impressive! What a great hobby!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

td

• td
« Reply #154 on: November 15, 2003, 08:24:47 PM »

Oh, Matt, you certainly won't be disappointed in the transfer to dvd of the first TERMINATOR film. . .I actually watched it late last night.

Oh, well, back to Stone's JFK - - nothing against the film, but, I feel that the entire scene with Mr. X (Donald Sutherland) is unecessarily padded; sure it presents some good points not taken elsewhere in the film, and uses the term "plausible denial," still, adding yet another conspiracy theory detracts from the tale of the man willing to test all his beliefs in a futile courtroom battle. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #155 on: November 15, 2003, 08:26:37 PM »

DR TCB - Allison who?  ;D  And you didn't let me know if you wanted Incendiary Blonde on your tape after Betty's interview.

Oh yes, Jrand, yes!  Please!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Matt H.

« Reply #156 on: November 15, 2003, 08:38:59 PM »

Looking forward to the new TERMINATOR DVD. I really prefer it to either of the sequels, and this new edition should be JUST what the DVD doctor ordered.

I remember going to see JFK on Christmas Eve afternoon the year it came out, and then driving 35 miles to my parents' house for Christmas Eve dinner and present swapping. I was so blown away by the movie that it's all I could talk about that evening. I had the original laserdisc issue of the movie, and I bought the original flipper DVD of JFK and have not re-dipped with it. I was VERY pleased when I redipped on AMADEUS from flipper to new Special Edition. I suspect JFK will look worlds better on the new one, too.

Tomovoz

« Reply #157 on: November 15, 2003, 08:43:06 PM »

I know you will all be excited to know I am back. another Record fair without me purchasing anything. What sort of collector am I? I did come home with a gift from a fellow collector of 60's pop - a John D Loudermilk album.
In answer to a question (!) posed by a Dear Reader" I was NOT singing "Oh Fatherland" or any such patriotic  or jingoistic song as I rode my tricycle.  I thought the photo would be a nice contrast to the rather black of my last childhood photo from the Sunburnt country.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

« Reply #158 on: November 15, 2003, 08:51:39 PM »

Well, I think I'm going to head off for bed. It's almost midnight, not a sound on the pavement (an, ugh!, CATS reference). Hope everyone has a good rest of the evening. Take care, all.

Tomovoz

« Reply #159 on: November 15, 2003, 08:57:42 PM »

I prefer to think of it as amost a T S Eliott quote - then you can remove the "ugh".
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

wlajb

• What would I do if I had not met you.
« Reply #160 on: November 15, 2003, 09:03:27 PM »

Greetings, all.  I HAVE posted a few times before.

Been here forever...since the site that dare not speak its name first came online...and followed BK over here on the first day.  

Needless to say, I know more about you than you know about me.  But that may changing.  

And, I don't think I'm over 900 years old...yet.  But didn't know my profile had a boo boo until Francoise mentioned it in the room once.  (but the profile changing was frozen....maybe I should FIX it)  <G>

Tomovoz

« Reply #161 on: November 15, 2003, 09:06:37 PM »

Mark my words that all sounds familiar. Perhaps we will hear from JB-NY and Robbie as well. As you may have gathered, this a friendly place and the posts don't really have to be in line for a literary prize.
James Thurber 1957

wlajb

« Reply #162 on: November 15, 2003, 09:10:03 PM »

Gee...this will take me up to post #2 on the new board.  WHERE ARE MY STARS!!!   Well...my typing goes downhill as the evening extends...but the spirit is willing....may even make "five" posts tonight.  (who knows)  

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #163 on: November 15, 2003, 09:19:48 PM »

I just read Mr Valley's post and .... whoever thinks BB, as in Brent Barrett, and NOT Brigitte Bardot, is a tenor is wrong; we all know BB is a baritone...

That person should also listen to Mr Warlow to widen his appreciation.....

I have no idea whether you are being tongue-in-cheek or what,  François!   ;D

Brent Barrett IS a tenor, or he's under some misperception that he is since he's a member of Broadway Tenors.  But he does have a lovely baritone.

Of course, Anthony Warlow is an incredible tenor with an enormous range.  Just to hear him sing "Some Enchanted Evening", one would think him a baritone.

You mean that Brent Barrett can sing, too?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Tomovoz

« Reply #164 on: November 15, 2003, 09:20:20 PM »

I think 50 posts give you a fence wlajb!- particularly if they're strung out.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #165 on: November 15, 2003, 09:22:44 PM »

Prepare yourself for the disappointment of no great change at 300 posts TCB.
James Thurber 1957

François

« Reply #166 on: November 15, 2003, 09:23:07 PM »

Well, WELCOME (back) WLAJB!

Nice of you to post and join our family!

Now.... us French guys are ... touchy about the spelling of our names!

I'm a he si it's François with NO e at the end!

NBD, no big deal!

Now, I hope divarobbie who's also lurking will join us too!

Ain't that just too too for a saturday night, BK?

BK? Where are you?
Sigh! He's gone!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #167 on: November 15, 2003, 09:27:25 PM »

Good evening, folks. It's been a busy day of theater-going for us. Our tickets for a tour and a community theater were both for today. I have nothing else to add to today's topic.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

wlajb

« Reply #168 on: November 15, 2003, 09:32:21 PM »

sorry....Francois...no slight meant...Hope no insult rendered....Just bad typing.  

Doesn't BK disappear for hours and comes back to berate us for NOT typing?   Hey.....what's with that....<g>  

Tomovoz

« Reply #169 on: November 15, 2003, 09:34:28 PM »

DR Laura. Since when has a day's topic been relevant to the post? What theatre. Did you enjoy the show? The culture starved of Oz and other places are anxious to know. And speaking of bats. A fruit bat (flying fox) incinerated itself on a Power device of some kind on Friday and as a result 200 homes were without power - there were fires in some  and one home was half destroyed. Needless to sat - the bat is far from well. They are beautiful creatures but causing great problems to the trees in Melbourne's botanical gardens.
James Thurber 1957

wlajb

« Reply #170 on: November 15, 2003, 09:37:01 PM »

And I was waiting for BK's take on Bette's "Gypsy" take....he promised for today....<sigh>  Which I never found here.  (Though the reading is taking longer.)  After all, this IS the BEST site on the internet for theater, food, friends, theater, food, and the usual trying to type well.

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #171 on: November 15, 2003, 09:38:52 PM »

wlajb, I like you already! Welcome to the POSTING side of the cookie jar. What flavor are you?

DR Laura: Every time I see your icon picture, I smile. It's just so out of the ordinary, I love it. :)

TCB: Have I mentioned that you crack me up? Just thought I'd share that. And I LOVED the pictures from the other day (Hello, Dolly!), they were great shots, and the quality was excellent too! You have a very happy-looking face. DR Jose has one too, someone posted a picture of him a few weeks ago (I believe it was Tom), and every time I saw it, I couldn't help but smile. It was infectious. That's what your pictures did to me. Thank you!

And with this, I'm off to sleep. Another 5 hours of running around at work tomorrow! Luckily it's with the gorgeous cook, and not the perverted busboy!
...Walk in the sunshine...

wlajb

« Reply #172 on: November 15, 2003, 09:41:34 PM »

Fruit bats?   OMG.   We just had arsonists in los angeles....that burned for weeks.   But at least the rain and snow in the mountains killed all that.  (BAD BATS....BAD BATS)

Tomovoz

« Reply #173 on: November 15, 2003, 09:43:17 PM »

DR Swishy: Jose is so infectious it appears he has been quarantined. Most unseemly but the world of Camelot is not for us mere mortals to understand.
James Thurber 1957

wlajb

« Reply #174 on: November 15, 2003, 09:43:27 PM »

tipping Swishy...already.....is $20 too much on a $10 tab?

Tomovoz

« Reply #175 on: November 15, 2003, 09:45:46 PM »

I don't think there was a connection to "Bat Boy" which has finished its season here in Melbourne (a fun show too).
James Thurber 1957

wlajb

« Reply #176 on: November 15, 2003, 09:47:12 PM »

Is the book of camelot playable?....Lost track of what edition is out there for performing......

wlajb

« Reply #177 on: November 15, 2003, 09:51:13 PM »

thanks for karma....btw

wlajb

« Reply #178 on: November 15, 2003, 09:52:56 PM »

Anyone have any opionions on "fields of ambrosia"?  Haven't seen this topic on here.  But "interesting" show"

Tomovoz

« Reply #179 on: November 15, 2003, 09:54:28 PM »

Will the book of Camelot ever be playable - so much there that is wonderful but it always seems so LONG. It never ceases to move me at the end but that may be  the relief that indeed it has finished. At least the cast album is not a chore to listen to - and I still prefer the OBC.
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up