Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: METAPHORS  (Read 54904 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:METAPHORS
« Reply #150 on: May 15, 2008, 01:54:46 PM »

Jane!
Sure enough, it was a Bernese puppy named Buckley. He was SO soft...his fur was like cotton! And he had one blue eye!

I told our neighbor about Sherlock and she said that it was a genetic trait common to that breed, and she was glad because she got a good deal since the breeder couldn't breed him.

Did you mean uncommon?

HOW CUTE!!!  Now you know why we/Sherlock used to get mobbed when he was a puppy, & that I'm not exaggerating.

I sure would like to know what she considered a good deal.  It seemed to us our only break  was getting dog who would otherwise have been a show dog.  There wasn't a special price due to his blue eye.;D

Might Buckley be from California?  I don't remember where Sherlock's half brother with the blue eye is currently living.  Any chance your neighbor allow you to share a photo of him?  

Ginny

« Reply #151 on: May 15, 2008, 01:56:36 PM »

The best thing about my mid-afternoon doctor's appointment (aside from a clean bill of health) is that there wasn't time for me to get back to work.  I came home and have been puttering for the past couple of hours.  Even watching Oprah - her guests are Tina Fey and Amy Poehler.  Now I want to go see Baby Mama.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #152 on: May 15, 2008, 02:02:04 PM »

Got some writing to do, and then I'll head back down to continue with the extras on THE THIEF OF BAGDAD. I'm on the Michael Powell audio interviews next.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #153 on: May 15, 2008, 02:03:05 PM »

Well, it's probably too late, but ***DENTAL VIBES*** to DR Ron Pulliam!

It's never too late for you, my slippypaw friend!

I have not, yet, regretted my changeover to a new not-owned-by-the-insurance-company dentist.  It has been a bit of an expensive venture (compared to the nearly free treatments of the past).  But at least the work NEEDING doing is being DONE (the insurance outfits claim they do everything needing doing and that the insurance covers it all except a small co-pay.   The insurance company dentists, however, let me know I needed some things insurance simply would not allow and that they were not using the most advanced equipment or materials that would benefit me).  
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #154 on: May 15, 2008, 02:04:31 PM »

From MBarnum:Have you not seen THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING, THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING? :o  He was so cute in that.

Jane, do you recall the scene where the ingenue (blonde girl) had given Law a piece of chocolate cake?  After he took a big bite, he grinned and had chocolate all over his teeth.   :D
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 02:05:15 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #155 on: May 15, 2008, 02:05:19 PM »

I think mine is supposed to be deposited tomorrow.  I can only hope. :)

I got a note last week from the IRS telling me I should be getting a check in the next 6 weeks!

~~~Sooner-Rather-Than-Later Check Depositing Vibes for for DR Larry!!~~~

:)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: May 15, 2008, 02:06:08 PM »

I guess I'll go to the mail place and see if there's any mail.  Then must stop at Staples to get some envelopes, then I shall eat something fun.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #157 on: May 15, 2008, 02:06:26 PM »

Good Afternoon!

-Is this a slow news day here on HHW?  ;)

No, you're just experiencing jet lag.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #158 on: May 15, 2008, 02:08:05 PM »

I have to admit that I'm relieved some of these are finishing up their seasons tonight. Thursday night is just TOO jam packed with shows, and trying to stay up with them all is daunting.

May I respectfully disagree?  Thursday is the night I LIVE for all week long!  When these shows are gone/in reruns, my Thursdays will be a void.  And my weekends will be the lesser for not having the Thursday night shows I couldn't watch when they aired available to watch on my DVR.

Sigh.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 02:09:08 PM by Ron Pulliam »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #159 on: May 15, 2008, 02:11:12 PM »

I was thinking this morning about which shows I'll drop from my viewing next season. (I dropped WITHOUT A TRACE and HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER last year).

I'm leaning right now toward dropping both CSI and CSI: MIAMI as well as BOSTON LEGAL next year. (BOSTON LEGAL has already announced that next year will be its last year, but I may not hang around any longer.)

I watched the first minute or so of last night's "Boston Legal" and deleted it from my DVR.  All of a sudden, I just wasn't interested in it at all...and I don't care.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #160 on: May 15, 2008, 02:11:56 PM »

California's Top Court Overturns Same-Sex Marriage Bander Brucer

The Republican Governor has said he will uphold it.
The Republican Governor said he is opposed to any ballot initiative (schemed for November) to overturn it.
Republican Governors appointed 6 of the 7 Court Justices

The same Republican Governor was against it a year ago when San Francisco Mayor Newsom declared gay marriages legal.

Maybe the Republican Governor recognizes that his butt is whipped by his confrontational alienation of every major demographic in the state (teachers, law enforcement, fire departments and now, gay professional ins ALL walks of life, many of them well-heeled and influential).  Many of them are, whether he realized it at first or not, are among his rich Republican constituents.

In California, gay money talks.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 02:14:23 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Jane

« Reply #161 on: May 15, 2008, 02:14:13 PM »

Jane, do you recall the scene where the ingenue (blonde girl) had given Law a piece of chocolate cake?  After he took a big bite, he grinned and had chocolate all over his teeth.   :D

They were sooooo cute together :)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #162 on: May 15, 2008, 02:15:16 PM »

I watched the first minute or so of last night's "Boston Legal" and deleted it from my DVR.  All of a sudden, I just wasn't interested in it at all...and I don't care.

Good for you.  Been there, done that, and don't regret it for a minute.  When it's over, it's just OVER!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #163 on: May 15, 2008, 02:16:03 PM »

I guess I'll go to the mail place and see if there's any mail.  Then must stop at Staples to get some envelopes, then I shall eat something fun.

Just the other night, I stopped at Envelopes and got some staples.  Is this a small world or what?

;)

Jane

« Reply #164 on: May 15, 2008, 02:16:47 PM »

DR Edi, which eye is blue on Buckley?

A not so cute photo of Sherlock at 8 weeks.  He did not enjoy posing for photos on that grooming table.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #165 on: May 15, 2008, 02:17:09 PM »

MICHIGAN TEEN SELLS 17,328 BOXES OF GIRL SCOUT COOKIES

Guess the Vixter has her work cut out for next year!

der Brucer

Well, she'd better find a whole lot more groups/forums to rely upon 'cause I don't think even this bunch could handle buying/eating THAT many cookies.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #166 on: May 15, 2008, 02:17:34 PM »

Oh, sorry, Jose.

Am I grossly underestimating your capacities?

:D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #167 on: May 15, 2008, 02:18:56 PM »

LOL, DR elmore3003.  

We had brown tap water last night too, when we got home.  They were apparently flushing hydrants in our neighborhood yesterday.

You'd better hope that brown water was the flushing of fire hydrants and not backwash from sewers!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #168 on: May 15, 2008, 02:19:40 PM »

DR Edi, which eye is blue on Buckley?

A not so cute photo of Sherlock at 8 weeks.  He did not enjoy posing for photos on that grooming table.

What a gwumpy puppy.

Ben

« Reply #169 on: May 15, 2008, 02:23:32 PM »

DR Ben the “do not call” list does not keep you safe from politicians or non-profit organizations.

I know. The problem is it's not political calls or nonprofits that are calling. I'm getting obvious sales calls from companies that have never called me before and I have never used their product or purchased anything from them over the phone or in any other way. They just ignore the Do Not Call list and I guess get enough victims from the boiler room phone calls that they are willing to pay fines for not adhering to the DNC rules.

As I said, now, if I don't know the name or phone number or if it's blocked or "unavailable" I don't answer the phone and people who know us and call us know to leave a message if they get the machine.

Jane

« Reply #170 on: May 15, 2008, 02:27:11 PM »

Another baby photo - 8 weeks.

Jane

« Reply #171 on: May 15, 2008, 02:29:43 PM »

I'm rather surprised the solicitors don't apologize and get right off, as they do when I tell them their call is illegal.  

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #172 on: May 15, 2008, 02:31:08 PM »

What a gwumpy puppy.

Might think he'd been to the dentist!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jane

« Reply #173 on: May 15, 2008, 02:42:40 PM »

Grumpy puppy is going to happy tomorrow when I take him hiking again.

Jane

« Reply #174 on: May 15, 2008, 02:43:49 PM »

His blue eye was much darker back then.  It is so light now sometimes people comment on his white eye.

Jane

« Reply #175 on: May 15, 2008, 02:46:26 PM »

The thermostat says it is 92 degrees outside.  I didn't have time to change out our flannel sheets yesterday.  I had better do that now.  

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #176 on: May 15, 2008, 02:55:59 PM »

I knew it was Bernese...I shouldn't type while I'm in session!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #177 on: May 15, 2008, 02:56:33 PM »

I gotta tell you.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #178 on: May 15, 2008, 02:56:55 PM »

Bought some envelopes and had some Carny's dogs for lunch.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #179 on: May 15, 2008, 02:56:59 PM »

It was too dark to tell but the next time I see him, I'll find out. He lives around the corner from me, so his owner said we should see them a lot!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up