Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: WHAT TAKES MY FANCY  (Read 46417 times)

Cillaliz

Re:WHAT TAKES MY FANCY
« Reply #150 on: February 18, 2007, 03:09:43 PM »

Hello all, I'm back from my trip to see Samantha in LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS. Man, that girl has talent.  I never quite expect the amazing performance that she gives, and she's only 18.  She was Audrey and was great as was Seymour and the Dentist (who is the high school principal in real life)  

Cillaliz

« Reply #151 on: February 18, 2007, 03:11:14 PM »

You knew it was community theater when the Doo Wop girls came out...lol, there were 6 of them, all over 40 and all about 30-40 punds overweight in skin tight black outfits that showed many more bulges and curves than we needed to see.   The sound wasn't good for them either. Maybe that's a good thing.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 03:11:32 PM by Cillaliz »

Ginny

« Reply #152 on: February 18, 2007, 03:12:12 PM »

In the meantime, where in tarnation IS everyone?

Well, I've been in my kitchen with DR Elmore and DH Richard, eating nachos and listening to...THE BRAIN FROM PLANET X!!!!

Larry just left - we had a delightful visit and he gave us a song-by-song description of the Brain production as we listened to his copy of the CD.  I love the recording and can hardly wait for my own to arrive.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #153 on: February 18, 2007, 03:12:22 PM »

Make that Pounds over weight...punds, pounds....you get the picture

Cillaliz

« Reply #154 on: February 18, 2007, 03:13:37 PM »

I listened to THE BRAIN on the way up and found it thoroughly enjoyable.  I listened to SPRING AWAKENING on the way back and didn't like it nearly as well.  I'm still glad I'm going to see it from an on stage seat, but the music didn't thrill me

François

« Reply #155 on: February 18, 2007, 03:14:14 PM »

50th annivesary card.... I don't know how that happened.

Well, I guess they thought you were the best Spelling Bea of the group!! :o :o ;) ;) 8)

Cillaliz

« Reply #156 on: February 18, 2007, 03:14:34 PM »

I"m not teasing the Doo Wop girls for being over weight, but good heavens they could have found more flattering costumes

Cillaliz

« Reply #157 on: February 18, 2007, 03:15:31 PM »

The Girls are very glad to see that I am home.  Unfortunately, they didn't clean the house while I was gone....

Cillaliz

« Reply #158 on: February 18, 2007, 03:16:44 PM »

With so much to watch on TV, I don't know if I will get to cleaning the rest of the house until tomorrow.  I told my parents that the kitchen, bathrooms and bedrooms will be very clean. As for the rest of it, if I don't get to it they will just have to adjust.

Cillaliz

« Reply #159 on: February 18, 2007, 03:17:33 PM »

The roads weren't so good yesterday. Lots of blowing snow and ice. Many cars in ditches etc.  With the exception of one short stretch, they were much better today

François

« Reply #160 on: February 18, 2007, 03:17:56 PM »

You knew it was community theater when the Doo Wop girls came out...lol, there were 6 of them, all over 40 and all about 30-40 punds overweight in skin tight black outfits that showed many more bulges and curves than we needed to see.   The sound wasn't good for them either. Maybe that's a good thing.

Little Shop of HORRORS all right!! :o :D ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #161 on: February 18, 2007, 03:18:16 PM »

DR Elmore, I was thinking about you yesterday. Glad things went well...hugs and vibes to you!~~~~~~~~~~

Ginny

« Reply #162 on: February 18, 2007, 03:33:07 PM »

DR Cillaliz - glad you made it safely there and back and that you had fun seeing your niece in the show.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #163 on: February 18, 2007, 03:33:48 PM »

I'm looking forward to tonight's Grease posts - I'm sure they're a lot more entertaining than the show.

And a reminder that at six in the morning (or something like that) TCM will be showing the complete uncut Pepe.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: February 18, 2007, 03:46:30 PM »

I've been totally MESMERIZED by various/sundry movies on my plasma HDTV.

I put in "There's No Business Like Show Business" and did a quickie tour...focusing on the musical numbers.

WOWZER!

SENSORY OVERLOAD!

Everything is SO big...and so clear...amazing.

I was watching a non-widescreen, but digital transmission of "Frasier" the other night.

In one scene, Frasier entered his apartment....and there on the coffee table was this amazingly vibrant vase of tulips.  They just popped on the lower part of the screen.   Later, in another scene, Niles and Frasier are standing behind the couch and on the table behind them, next to the fireplace (to the right) was this fantastic glass bowl....one bright, vibrant color on the inside and a dark, vibrant color on the outside.

I've seen this episode several times....and NEVER noticed these items before.

I'm telling ya....discovering NEW things in old shows/films is gonna be a HUGE thrill...not to mention a time-consuming endeavor.

And to think many young folks...and soon, older folks, too...just take all this for granted.

Some days I feel like I was born in the dark ages.

Talk about kids and candy stores!  I am so happy for you.

I'm back from a lovely visit with DR Ginny and DH Richard.  I always have a good time with them, and DR Ginny offered an amazing plethora of treats, from nachos to heavenly coffee to cake and more!  We listened to The Brain.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

François

« Reply #165 on: February 18, 2007, 03:46:40 PM »

The Girls are very glad to see that I am home.  Unfortunately, they didn't clean the house while I was gone....

That has aways been the problem with cats, but I've heard it's the same with dogs!

Everybody Ought To Have A Maid! ;)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #166 on: February 18, 2007, 03:46:59 PM »

DR elmore - Something tells me the Macbeth's still keep cans of Cream of Mushroom Soup and bags of Potato Chip Crumbs in their cupboard.
Magic Mommy and her hubby consider such things too goormay.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

François

« Reply #167 on: February 18, 2007, 03:48:18 PM »

TCM will be showing the complete uncut Pepe.

:o :o :o

TMI!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #168 on: February 18, 2007, 03:49:17 PM »

Just started a discussion on the BRAIN page, but will save my other comments for the review.

What is The Brain page?  Have I stayed too long at the fair and missed something?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

François

« Reply #169 on: February 18, 2007, 03:50:36 PM »

Magic Mommy and her hubby consider such things too goormay.

I love Eydie Goormay, don't you?!

Quite a dish! ;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #170 on: February 18, 2007, 03:51:31 PM »

Hello all!  

DRElmore, OMG--I can not express how sorry I was to hear the news about your dad!

If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.

DR Danise, I've wondered where you've been and how you are!  You are kind to ask.  I am fine and surviving.  All I ask of you is what I ask of all my friends: thrive and prosper.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: February 18, 2007, 03:52:02 PM »

And lend me a million! ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #172 on: February 18, 2007, 04:02:33 PM »

I would love to join everyone in NYC in June, but that is too close to opening my office.  I will need to save all my nickels and dimes.  My trip March 1st may be the last for awhile.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #173 on: February 18, 2007, 04:19:42 PM »

It took me a minute to figure out the Brain page, but if you go to the amazon listing, they now have like little mini-discussion boards for each listed item.  Jrand started one for The Brain.  It's toward the bottom of the listing page.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #174 on: February 18, 2007, 04:27:10 PM »

Good Evening!

Back from quite a nice walk.  I just ended up walking up 145th, took a left on Broadway, and kept walking.  And walking.  All the way down to Columbus Circle (59th St.).  There were a few gusty periods along the way, but, all in all, it felt 'comfortable' - at least as far as a winter in NYC can be comfortable.  -And there were even two brief snow flurries - very pretty.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #175 on: February 18, 2007, 04:28:51 PM »

I did make my bakery stop:  Georgia's Bake Shop (89th & Broadway).  Double-Chocolate-Chip Cookie.  Sooooo good!

Hmm... Maybe I'll stop by Levain tomorrow... Those are some amazing cookies there!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #176 on: February 18, 2007, 04:35:58 PM »

And since I was down at Columbus Circle, I made a stop in Whole Foods.  It was crazy as usual, but the lines for the cash registers were short - and not snaked through the bakery section like they usually are.  So, I was able to stock up on some staples for the week.

And once I got back to the apartment, I made sure to do something I haven't done in a while - and should have - I stretched.

I set up my yoga mat in the living room, and did a good 30 minutes of stretching and some yoga poses.  And it's amazing just how much that session of stretching has helped.  My sciatica has been acting up the past couple of weeks, and I've also been dealing with some very tight hamstrings and lower back muscles.  But after the stretching I just did....  Hmmmm...  I actually feel taller.  -And I probably am since my hamstrings aren't causing extra tension on my spine.  Note to self: Stretch every day!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #177 on: February 18, 2007, 04:39:22 PM »

DR George - Ah, "The Steps".  I'm guessing the pianist was either Danny Binstock or Howard Breitbart.  Danny is dark-haired and cute.  Howard is handsome and muscle-y.  -And a freakin' amazing pianist!

Do you have a program/cast listing from last night?  I'm wondering which set of "Steps" are on the road right now. Since they're based out of DC, I have lots of friends who are "Steps".
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #178 on: February 18, 2007, 04:40:50 PM »

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #179 on: February 18, 2007, 04:41:45 PM »

I wrote a page, and shall now try to watch a motion picture on DVD.  And I need my Milk Dud fix.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Up