Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WAXING NOSTALGIC  (Read 19338 times)

MBarnum

Re:WAXING NOSTALGIC
« Reply #150 on: August 29, 2006, 10:22:32 PM »

LOL! Cactus Flower is my buddy Mark's favorite movie.

Yes, James Best is quite good in THE KILLER SHREWS...I wonder how he feels about that film? LOL! Personally I have always loved it.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #151 on: August 29, 2006, 10:23:11 PM »

So who decides what order the songs are put on the LP?  I mean, when it's not a soundtrack or cast album?

Would it be the singer, the A/R guy, the producer....some albums flow....some jolt and bolt along....

Anybody have any favorite album flows?

I really love the Neil Diamond....Soulimon album....now I can't remember the name of it....it has Sweet Caroline on it.....

Neil Diamond!  Damn....now I have to find it a play it!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #152 on: August 29, 2006, 10:23:47 PM »

LOL! Cactus Flower is my buddy Mark's favorite movie.

Yes, James Best is quite good in THE KILLER SHREWS...I wonder how he feels about that film? LOL! Personally I have always loved it.

I think I might like it better if I could understand ONE WORD that that Swedish girl is saying.  8)

MBarnum

« Reply #153 on: August 29, 2006, 10:24:23 PM »

And the poster is just too, too good!

Hmmm...I wonder how Ingrid Goude managed to get top billing?

MBarnum

« Reply #154 on: August 29, 2006, 10:25:42 PM »

I think I might like it better if I could understand ONE WORD that that Swedish girl is saying.  8)

JRAnd56, you and I were probably the only two people who ever even cared about what she said....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #155 on: August 29, 2006, 10:25:49 PM »

Rehearsal went pretty well tonight.  Director's father was having surgery, so I was in charge....and I was CHARLES IN CHARGE....

It is now running like a clock....well more like a sundial....but everyone knows what he/she should be doing now.  I also told them that we paid royalties on the whole play so they weren't saving us any money by not saying ALL the lines.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #156 on: August 29, 2006, 10:26:27 PM »

Bet the producer could answer that.  :P

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #157 on: August 29, 2006, 10:27:30 PM »

Boy my face looks fat in my bio photo....must be the camera.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #158 on: August 29, 2006, 10:29:02 PM »

DR MBARNUM....the hotel where Allison and the director and Forrest Tucker stayed in San Juan was the Caribe Hilton which is featured in THE LAST WOMAN ON EARTH.

Funny to watch that movie and imagine that Miss Allison Hayes and Mr Bill Crispel probably had a few dinners there....and a couple of drinks....although Mary Jane did not DRINK....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #159 on: August 29, 2006, 10:30:01 PM »

Wednesday here.....Senior Day at Goodwill....30% off....I need to find some shoes for Mayella Euell.  That girl is like Caldonia - she wears size 10!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #160 on: August 29, 2006, 10:32:01 PM »

Back from doing what are hopefully the final fixes - we checked the two final stories after doing the corrections, and they seemed to be fine.  We printed out one full copy and I'll give that the once over all day tomorrow - then I have to write the dedication and the acknowledgment pages, and then we'll send the book off on Friday.  Very exciting.

We also went out afterwards and I must say we had an absolute yummilicious dinner at Hamburger Hamlet.  More about that in the notes.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #161 on: August 29, 2006, 10:45:33 PM »

TOD: I have no memories of record stores.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #162 on: August 29, 2006, 10:54:23 PM »

Well...tomorrow afternoon, I'm meeting with my realtor and I'm going to make an actual, offical offer on a condominium!  I'm hoping that what I offer is enough...it's, of course, less than what they're asking, but it hasn't sold in three months.  Hopefully that'll be an incentive for them to accept the offer. :-\

And why are so darned many forms??  Why can't I just sign one form for everything and be done with it all?? ;)

« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 10:57:16 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #163 on: August 29, 2006, 10:56:11 PM »

Talk about being nervous!  All the questions...all the questions that I don't even know to ask!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #164 on: August 29, 2006, 10:58:49 PM »

And with that, I'm off to bed (much earlier than usual).  I need to get to work real early and I'd like a fighting chance. ;)

Good night, all!  ;D

« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 10:59:10 PM by George »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #165 on: August 29, 2006, 11:48:02 PM »

My vinyl experience comes from when I was a kid. We always had records about and I loved rebelling against my mother's fixation with Patsy Cline....

We did not really have record stores so to speak in our area until the mid 1980s in the part of ND where I grew up.  You could usually get records at  Alcoa or Kmart. The first album I bought was {oh god I am embarrassed about this} was Rick Springfield. However, my taste did improve and I got a number of movie soundtracks and browsed other artists.

I was more into tapes for they were more readily accessible in this area.  
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #166 on: August 29, 2006, 11:58:54 PM »

One nice thing about the old records stores, you had a far better variety of stuff than you find in stores with CDs today.

Hmmm discovered folk, classical and world music through records... I even have a first pressing of the CHieftains, released in 1963 on the Claddagh label.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #167 on: August 30, 2006, 12:05:29 AM »

Listening booths in this area are a rather new occurrence. Neither RecordShop in GrandForks nor Popplers had them. However, when Recordtown came into the area some years ago they did have stations for sampling CDs.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #168 on: August 30, 2006, 12:06:48 AM »

I did get a curious album from a friend of mine who used to live in Ireland. It is a recording of Pope John Paul II surrounding his visit to Ireland in 1979. It even has the Chieftains on it.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #169 on: August 30, 2006, 12:08:33 AM »

When I was in the Seattle area some years ago visiting rellies, their was a store called Galway Traders that had CDs and a freindly cat. It was a neat shop.

I love Puss n Books in Redmond.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #170 on: August 30, 2006, 12:09:33 AM »

George, it is called ego and that is why you have to sign the forms!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #171 on: August 30, 2006, 12:12:12 AM »

THere is a store, and for the life of me I cannot remember the name of it, in St. Paul that used to sell used books and older LPs... It was a FUN store to browse and explore. My friend Katie and I spent three hours in there one day. You could even pop an LP on the turntable and have some interesting tunes floating through the air while you browsed. However, I draw the line at BARNEY!!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #172 on: August 30, 2006, 12:12:59 AM »

One of my first classical music LPs, was James Galway. I also was into Canadian Brass for a while.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #173 on: August 30, 2006, 12:16:33 AM »

So who decides what order the songs are put on the LP?  I mean, when it's not a soundtrack or cast album?

Would it be the singer, the A/R guy, the producer....some albums flow....some jolt and bolt along....

Anybody have any favorite album flows?

I really love the Neil Diamond....Soulimon album....now I can't remember the name of it....it has Sweet Caroline on it.....

Neil Diamond!  Damn....now I have to find it a play it!

I was a kid at the time... ABBA!!!

I also loved my James Galway music also. Wonderful flautist.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #174 on: August 30, 2006, 12:17:53 AM »

Wonder if I could get this to page 7 before bk comes... < smile >

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #175 on: August 30, 2006, 12:19:22 AM »

I am glad I went back and looked at this closer. I had just flipped through some of the posts and I misread it...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #176 on: August 30, 2006, 12:21:37 AM »

I have a very eclectic music collection ranging from Classical to rock... Variety tends to lead to exploration. I like to try different genres. I do have to say, i have become hooked on Sondhiem and Andrew Lloyd Webber.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #177 on: August 30, 2006, 12:22:08 AM »

VAnity

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #178 on: August 30, 2006, 12:22:23 AM »

SAnity....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #179 on: August 30, 2006, 12:22:38 AM »

Post...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up