Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: OLDER THAN SPRINGTIME  (Read 22107 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:OLDER THAN SPRINGTIME
« Reply #150 on: December 19, 2006, 05:09:49 PM »

...All I need is fratricide guilt.  Oy!
Frankly, fratricide guilt would be an improvement over the current state of things.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Tomovoz

« Reply #151 on: December 19, 2006, 05:39:17 PM »

Good to see TCB on line. Does that mean you are moved in to your "new" residence?

I hope DR DtM will post again regularly. Great to see him back.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 05:39:58 PM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #152 on: December 19, 2006, 05:45:19 PM »

DR Elmore:  I'm very much angered by MacBeth.

Give me his address.  I will -- at some point in the future -- turn up on his doorstep and knock the snot out of him.

DR RonPulliam, that's the best offer I've had all day!  Thank you, kind sir.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #153 on: December 19, 2006, 05:59:15 PM »

Oh, yes, the TOD:  the first 30 years of my life was a series of public embarassments I refuse to relive or divulge.  I'm glad I survived them.  As for the ones after, I'm not drudging them up for anyone; you'll have to wait for the memoirs.

Yours?  Or Mr. Barnum's?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #154 on: December 19, 2006, 06:07:43 PM »

Hey, edisaurus, you never answered my query of two days ago re editing.

I believe I asked what tape format you shot on and how soon you needed it. These two things would determine whether I could help out, based on my work schedule, the schedules of various post houses and equipment availability/compatibility. If these line up, I would be happy to donate my time to such a worthy project! (And I'd get to see it!)

Maybe my message got lost in the ether, but that was my intended answer.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: December 19, 2006, 06:20:47 PM »

Shot on Beta SP.  Don't need it that quick - would love it if you were interested.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #156 on: December 19, 2006, 06:26:41 PM »

On the "rapidshare" page are you clicking on "free"? You should then wait a few seconds for a "ticket" then you should be able to easily download  your song or album.

I know not why it is not working for you.

Yep--did that.  Try the Jewish Jingle Bells link and tell me what happens with you.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Edisaurus

« Reply #157 on: December 19, 2006, 06:32:30 PM »

This was a rather embarassing incident from my childhood when I was 5:

My big brother who was 7, was mad at my parents and convinced me I should be mad at them, too, although I don't remember why. He decided we should run away from home. Since he was my only sibling and we did everything together, I agreed to run away. And since I had better handwriting, he wanted me to write the note.  

Dear Mom and Dad, I wrote. "Cross out the dear," said my brother.
I worte that we were running away and signed it "Love, Amy and Brad". He then told me to cross out 'love". After finishing the note, we took off and wandered through the neighborhood ofr a few hours until we got hungry, and realized we hadn't brought any food, so we went home.  Our parents were still asleep and never knew we had left!

The embarassing part was when they found the note later in the day. I didn't remember to destroy the evidence upon our return. They tormented us with that for quite some time!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #158 on: December 19, 2006, 06:36:10 PM »

Shot on Beta SP.  Don't need it that quick - would love it if you were interested.

Perfect---the main thing at that point would be finding a system with enough drive space. My gardening show has wrapped so once I finish a demo I'm doing for them, there should be enough space to do a half at a time. How long does it run, time-wise that is?

I guess I should be discussing this off-list as not to bore the rest of the gang...

Cillaliz

« Reply #159 on: December 19, 2006, 06:37:34 PM »

I got home tonight, made some liver and onions...yummy, I was just settling in for a nice evening when the phone rang. It was the alarm service from the office telling me the alarm had gone off and asked if I would respond to meet the police and go in to see if someone was there.  It has never gone off in the 5 1/2 years I've worked there. I knew that the secretary who forgets everything was the last to leave and had been specifically told not to turn on the alarm because the other lawyer was going to be very late in court.

Well, the alarm people just told me I needed to go down there and the police would be waiting. So I said give me 10 minutes to get there. When I arrived, no police, no one, just a dark office...so I unlocked the door, turned off the alarm and went in, looked around, everything was fine (as I expected) and came home.  I called and left a message for the other lawyer and about a half hour later he called me. Turns out the secretary turned on the alarm after he specifically told her not to.  So when he got back from court at 6:30 PM, the alarm went off. He talked to the company and all was supposedly well, but they forgot to tell me...so I went to the office.

The upside of this is that this is the same secretary who I had SOOO many problems with, but who the other secretary covered for and together, they made it seem like it was my fault, and I was just unreasonable (I was asking that my work be done correctly, imagine that)  

The other lawyer now gets what I was dealing with and has finally figured out what's up.  The incompetent one is going to be there without her cohort to cover for her for 2 weeks. I will be gone for one of them. It will be interesting to see what happens while I'm gone.  I do all my own work because of the situation, the other lawyer relies almost totally on the secretaries to do things for him. He's aware now that all the work the incompetent one does is checked and fixed by the other secretary and will watch things, but he's really worried.  That's what happens when no one listens to me.   I have a feeling things may be getting better very soon.....
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 06:38:48 PM by Cillaliz »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #160 on: December 19, 2006, 06:40:42 PM »

Show runs about one-hour and fifty minutes sans intermission.  First half about sixty-five minutes, second act about forty-five.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #161 on: December 19, 2006, 06:41:24 PM »

Shortly I shall take Merrill to Ye Olde Airport, and I'm praying that rush hour traffic will have abated, especially on the way back.

FJL

« Reply #162 on: December 19, 2006, 06:46:20 PM »

Edi and BK - Oh, please discuss as much of this as you're willing to here on the board.  This is a glimpse into an area that I suspect will fascinate many of us, and those for whom it gets too technical will I'm sure recognize those technical posts and just skim them.

Cillaliz

« Reply #163 on: December 19, 2006, 06:48:38 PM »

Edi and BK - Oh, please discuss as much of this as you're willing to here on the board.  This is a glimpse into an area that I suspect will fascinate many of us, and those for whom it gets too technical will I'm sure recognize those technical posts and just skim them.

I agree, it's far from boring!

FJL

« Reply #164 on: December 19, 2006, 06:50:18 PM »

Workplace justice vibes for Cilla!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #165 on: December 19, 2006, 06:51:28 PM »

I certainly don't mind reading about it! :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #166 on: December 19, 2006, 07:15:35 PM »

Cillaliz-good vibes, or should I say bad vibes, the secretary screws up royally while you are out of the office-lol-that’s a new one for me.

Elmore- I hope your father takes some extra legal action to prevent MacBeth from turning your family into the Jarndyce family.

‘night  

Edisaurus

« Reply #167 on: December 19, 2006, 07:39:03 PM »

This is a glimpse into an area that I suspect will fascinate many of us

And I'm guessing you like to watch paint dry, too?   :)

BK, if you want to "send in the clones", and keep your master BETA (I know, I know) and send me notes of what you would like to accomplish, I will do it...providing I don't have to read about how bad my mastering job is in your notes!  ;)

(I am not an online editor but I will do my best to make it look as good as I can.)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #168 on: December 19, 2006, 07:47:08 PM »

True Hi Fidelity as opposed to the Phony High Fidelity on MANY of the albums available from the 50's

Glad you like my Santas, DR MATTH.  Unfortunately....that's all I have.

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #169 on: December 19, 2006, 07:47:54 PM »

Let's talk about albums we are still waiting for:

The Piano Stylings of Rhoda Penmark

In True Stereo!  Bring it on.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #170 on: December 19, 2006, 07:55:55 PM »

Let's talk about albums we are still waiting for:

SING-A-LONG WITH MITCH:  THE HITS OF THE 80'S
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #171 on: December 19, 2006, 08:01:20 PM »

I knew I had that pic stashed away on here somewhere.  That's much better for the time being.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #172 on: December 19, 2006, 08:01:35 PM »

Came across this on another board... A Swedish soapfan was posting caps and he posted a grouping of four pics and i noted a familiar face...

« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 08:02:08 PM by DakotaCelt »
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #173 on: December 19, 2006, 08:02:53 PM »

NOte the gent in the santa hat!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #174 on: December 19, 2006, 08:04:02 PM »

I want to thank you all for the vibes of health--I've been feeling them at work all day long!  It feels great to be back!
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #175 on: December 19, 2006, 08:05:18 PM »

I see Sandy Claws!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #176 on: December 19, 2006, 08:05:52 PM »

DR CILLA LIZ - this should indeed be an interesting two weeks around your office.

Practice up on saying "I told you so."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #177 on: December 19, 2006, 08:06:09 PM »

I remember that avatar DR DtM!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #178 on: December 19, 2006, 08:06:38 PM »

Elmore, I send vibes of support and I agree with Ron, Macbeth irritates me also.

I pray that it wont be that way for me when my dad passes on. He is still hanging in there and each day is a blessing.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #179 on: December 19, 2006, 08:07:36 PM »

It is a very familiar person as santy Claus!!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up