Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WORLD IS A CIRCLE  (Read 29089 times)

Jennifer

Re: THE WORLD IS A CIRCLE
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2009, 08:22:40 AM »

DR Vixmom glad you had a somewhat easier night last night.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2009, 08:24:43 AM »

Just because the other driver is uninsured doesn't mean he doesn't have assets which can be liquidated to pay a judgment.  Trust me, I know from experience.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Cillaliz

« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2009, 08:32:33 AM »

I'm sure Cillaliz might have some more scholarly advice, but my recommendation is hie thee to a doctor today, whether or not you feel "fine."  That way you're setting the foundation for your untold millions of newfound lawsuit wealth.

You can do that, but if he's uninsured you'd have to see if he has any assets and if not then the claim would be against your own insurance.  I've had several accidents.  All but one was the other guys fault.  Other than the accident where I had whiplash and my dad settled for almost nothing (he wasn't in pain so apparently he wasn't concerned)  I have never sought any medical etc because I wasn't hurt.  Insurance companies are usually very quick to settle property only claims, just be sure you aren't hurt first (trip to doctor may be good for that). If your vehicle is totaled (which it sounds likely) and you don't have any injuries, you may have the $$ for a new car within days.  You will have to waive medical, but when I wasn't hurt, I was happy to do that to get a new car right away.

This does not constitute legal advice, blah blah blah
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 08:42:32 AM by Cillaliz »

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2009, 08:34:36 AM »

I ended up having a can and dozing off again for another couple of hours.

So I am now well rested but with nothing to report.
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2009, 08:41:26 AM »

I ended up having a can and dozing off again for another couple of hours.

So I am now well rested but with nothing to report.

So....the can stayed down?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Cillaliz

« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2009, 08:41:36 AM »

DR cillaliz re: addison being on Grey's and Private Practice last night. I don't really consider what they did last night a cross-over. The week before was a cross-over. But last night it was just addison on Grey's. So i barely watched it. Although i did see Private Practice.

She was on Grey's a lot last night.  My comment was because on both shows no one listened to her and she really had a bad time

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2009, 08:53:29 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  Still pretty stuffed up so I doubt I'll do any singing today, but you never know.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2009, 08:54:05 AM »

Excellent vibes and xylophones to DAW for no pain and much gain.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2009, 08:58:39 AM »

As someone involved in a major accident with an "uninsured" driver, I can tell you that sometimes people have quite a little bundle stashed away, even though they choose not to pay their car insurance.  Just sayin'.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2009, 09:07:06 AM »

Good morning!

Oy! What a morning. It's cold! But more importantly, my DSL was cold and DEAD this morning. SOmehow between the time I left the house for my errands and got back home, it was back on-line again. But it was a morning lost. Oy!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2009, 09:11:32 AM »

DR Jose, when you're awake, call me.

DR elmore - Check your email.  But I'll still call you.  

I got your note after we talked! So we're off for the movie, which is fine with me, even though I'd love to see THE SEARCHERS on a big screen again. I lament the passing of all the revival movies houses in Manhattan with the development of the videocassette and DVD. When I moved here in 1979, I could go to the Carnegie Hall Cinema, where I saw revivals of PSYCHO, GIGI, Laurence Olivier's THE BEGGAR'S OPERA, and others; the Mark 4, where I saw Bob Hope's THE CAT AND THE CANARY; the Regency, where I saw MUSIC IN THE AIR and THE CAT AND THE FIDDLE; the Thalia, where I saw most of John Waters' early films and a lot of Pasolini and others. I miss all of that.

Note to bk:

I think this might make for an excellent topic of discussion one day. I can't tell you how many wonderful films I got to see for the first time in the revival theater we had in Charlotte back in the 1970s and 1980s. (it was called the Visulite.) It had a BEAUTIFUL glass enclosed projection room slightly above where the audeince sat so you could see the projectionist at work in there if you wanted. Oh, those were the days!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ginny

« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2009, 09:21:56 AM »

Back around 2000, the library from which I just retired installed a new projection system in our auditorium that made it very easy to show DVDs on the big screen.  We contracted with a licensing agency and started a series called Monday Movies that's still going on.  Until I got creeped out by a homeless guy who'd watch me instead of the movie, I served as projectionist from time to time.  I especially liked showing Damn Yankees and Singin' in the Rain.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2009, 09:26:02 AM »

Good morning!

Oy! What a morning. It's cold! But more importantly, my DSL was cold and DEAD this morning. SOmehow between the time I left the house for my errands and got back home, it was back on-line again. But it was a morning lost. Oy!

That's what happened to me yesterday - I hate when that happens.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2009, 09:26:33 AM »

DR Jose, when you're awake, call me.

DR elmore - Check your email.  But I'll still call you.  

I got your note after we talked! So we're off for the movie, which is fine with me, even though I'd love to see THE SEARCHERS on a big screen again. I lament the passing of all the revival movies houses in Manhattan with the development of the videocassette and DVD. When I moved here in 1979, I could go to the Carnegie Hall Cinema, where I saw revivals of PSYCHO, GIGI, Laurence Olivier's THE BEGGAR'S OPERA, and others; the Mark 4, where I saw Bob Hope's THE CAT AND THE CANARY; the Regency, where I saw MUSIC IN THE AIR and THE CAT AND THE FIDDLE; the Thalia, where I saw most of John Waters' early films and a lot of Pasolini and others. I miss all of that.

Note to bk:

I think this might make for an excellent topic of discussion one day. I can't tell you how many wonderful films I got to see for the first time in the revival theater we had in Charlotte back in the 1970s and 1980s. (it was called the Visulite.) It had a BEAUTIFUL glass enclosed projection room slightly above where the audeince sat so you could see the projectionist at work in there if you wanted. Oh, those were the days!

If I don't end up forgetting, it shall be tomorrow's topic.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2009, 09:28:10 AM »

We had quite a few revival houses in LA - the Nuart, the Vista, the New Beverly, one on Wilshire Blvd. near MacArthur Park (I always forget the name of it), the Encore on Melrose, and on and on.  It's one of the ways in which Nudie Musical got its cult.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2009, 09:28:52 AM »

Of course, the Nuart is still with us, but not so much a revival house anymore.  In fact, the only real revival house is the New Beverly.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2009, 09:34:51 AM »

Good Afternoon!

...Or I could go back to bed for another or two, and once I was up again, make some breakfast - a hearty ball of oatmeal topped with a healthy dash of cinnamon and some canned cherries (courtesy of the mother of one of my roomie's). :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2009, 09:35:55 AM »

Feeling much better now.  Not that I was feeling "not better" earlier, just still a little too drowsy and a little "head-stuffed".
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2009, 09:45:51 AM »

We had quite a few revival houses in LA - the Nuart, the Vista, the New Beverly, one on Wilshire Blvd. near MacArthur Park (I always forget the name of it), the Encore on Melrose, and on and on.  It's one of the ways in which Nudie Musical got its cult.

It was at the Thalia, in 1980, that I saw THE FIRST NUDIE MUSICAL. I had such a good time that I went back for the last showing.

DR Jose, I just left you a phone message.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2009, 09:47:07 AM »

Most of my DVDs are packed away, but I'm going to try to watch the last 2 episodes of the most recent NIP/TUCK set this weekend...and I was sent a copy of ELEGY, which I'd like to watch.

But, most of my time these days is being taken up with packing for the Austin move.
We don't have a floor any more.  Just boxes.

:-\
You can dream…or you can do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2009, 09:48:09 AM »

DR elmore - Got your message... Thank You!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 09:56:40 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2009, 09:53:05 AM »

I got your note after we talked! So we're off for the movie, which is fine with me, even though I'd love to see THE SEARCHERS on a big screen again.

Truth be told, the movie theatres in MoMA are more like screening rooms - the screens are not "big".  They're sort of a like a more comfortable version of the theatres down at IFC, Quad 4, etc.  But, I guess they are still 'big'.

*I always seem to miss the weeks that the Ziegfeld shows the classic movies there. Of course, there's always Thursday nights at Chelsea Clearview Cinemas ("Where dreams come true") with Hedda Lettuce. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2009, 09:55:30 AM »

DR cillaliz re: addison being on Grey's and Private Practice last night. I don't really consider what they did last night a cross-over. The week before was a cross-over. But last night it was just addison on Grey's. So i barely watched it. Although i did see Private Practice.

The "crossover" only applied to the "Grey's Anatomy" portion of last night's line-up.  Yes, Archer (Grant Show) was on "Private Practice" again, but the episode was very self-contained otherwise.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2009, 09:58:21 AM »

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2009, 10:08:48 AM »

Well... I need to get ready for the rest of my afternoon.  I'm playing a brief workshop/rehearsal/class in a few hours, and even though I've played the music before, it would probably be a good idea to look at it again before I step into the room. (Thus, no "Searchers" for me.)

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2009, 10:12:49 AM »

What did others think of Changeling?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2009, 10:13:25 AM »

Just had a nice chat with Sean McDermott, who said the show went really well - two standing ovations and an extra encore, so that's good.

Ben

« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2009, 10:14:06 AM »

I didn't see The Changeling

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2009, 10:14:12 AM »

Also, had a call from Matt Ashford - he'd gotten snowed in and couldn't get home and had no reception to call and let us know.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2009, 10:16:36 AM »

Thanks for the story from Russ & Daughters.  The ending gave me a chuckle.  We always feel so bad for dogs left tied up.  At least this family did the right thing by keeping watch over the dog.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up