Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: BLURRY  (Read 35839 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re:BLURRY
« Reply #300 on: July 19, 2007, 06:29:58 PM »

Oh!  And Oscar Castro-Neves was married to one of the "Cy" sisters of Quarteto em Cy, can't recall which right now.  (But of course y'all knew that).  ;)  And Marco Valle's wife Anamaria sang with him.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

FJL

« Reply #301 on: July 19, 2007, 06:33:51 PM »

Who ya gonna call - Gut Busters

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #302 on: July 19, 2007, 06:45:47 PM »

For the most part I just have a little giggle, until something really strikes me funny, and then I laugh so hard I can’t breathe.  This is the moment my laugh becomes distinctive, it comes from the combination of gasping for air, laughing out loud, gasping for air, etc.  The longer this continues and the more I become at risk for dying from laughter, the louder I become & the worse I sound.

While we were still in high school Keith found a solution for this, only during movies & shows, he hit me on the arm. ;D

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #303 on: July 19, 2007, 07:20:44 PM »

'night

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #304 on: July 19, 2007, 07:31:30 PM »

The Last Starfighter
at Theater at St. Clements:

Fri 9/28 (not sure what time)
Sat 9/29  - 1 pm
Wed 10/3 -  9 pm
Fri 10/5  - 1 pm
Sat 10/6 - 9 pm
Sun 10/7 - 4 pm

The Brain from Planet X
at The Acorn:

Sep 20th- 8:00 pm
Sep 21st- 8:00 pm
Sep 25th- 1:00 pm
Sep 26th- 4:30 pm
Sep 28th- 4:30 pm
Sep 30th- 8:00 pm

Such Good Friends
at The Julia Miles:

Friday, September 28, 2007 @ 8pm
Saturday, September 29, 2007 @ 1pm
Sunday, September 30, 2007 @ 4:30pm
Wednesday, October 3, 2007 @ 4:30pm
Wednesday, October 3, 2007 @ 8pm
Saturday, October 6, 2007 @ 1pm
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 08:10:38 PM by Noel »
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #305 on: July 19, 2007, 07:33:24 PM »

Thanks for the YouTube links, DR 3DDIFFUSION....very interesting.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #306 on: July 19, 2007, 07:37:12 PM »

DR MATTH - I liked EASY TO WED more than you did.  I am in complete agreement that none of the cast is a patch on the original.  I thought Esther was a bit miscast - but Lucy, Van, and Keenan were so very much fun.

"That dame is worth ninety eight cents....boiled down."

"What d'ya mean fake marriage.  He says 'I do', I say 'I do' and the judge says 'You bet you do' and we're married!!"
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #307 on: July 19, 2007, 07:53:09 PM »

Has anyone heard from DR DakotaCelt lately?
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #308 on: July 19, 2007, 08:19:04 PM »

What a wonderful picture of OzDerek. How nice to see him again!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #309 on: July 19, 2007, 08:20:06 PM »

Very cute picture of OzDerek. I'm sorry our paths did not cross.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #310 on: July 19, 2007, 08:21:02 PM »

I just got back home from finishing painting the office walls. I was skeptical at first but I think I will like the color.

If not, there's not much wall to be seen, anyway!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Matt H.

« Reply #311 on: July 19, 2007, 08:21:38 PM »

I was amused in EASY TO WED that they let Esther slip into a pool two times VERY briefly.

And that number that she and Van do in gaucho costumes? Why are they part of the floor show?

I was more disappointed with the transfer than the movie.

Matt H.

« Reply #312 on: July 19, 2007, 08:23:35 PM »

I did finish EASY TO WED when I went back down. Then, I put in NEPTUNE'S DAUGHTER again to see the Betty Garrett musical number outtake which I had never seen before. Nothing wrong with it, but it clearly wasn't needed in the picture, and didn't really show her off too well.

Matt H.

« Reply #313 on: July 19, 2007, 08:25:43 PM »

Next, I put in the second disc in the ELIZABETH I set. This is the one with Hugh Dancy as Lord Essex. He richly deserved his Emmy nomination last year for his performance. I also loved Toby Jones as Cecil's son.

Matt H.

« Reply #314 on: July 19, 2007, 08:26:56 PM »

Next came another MOONLIGHTING episode with a very easy to see through mystery as an old sweetheart comes back into David's life, asking the agency to help her find missing jewelry but which quickly becomes threats on the woman's life. The old flame was played by Dana Delaney.

Matt H.

« Reply #315 on: July 19, 2007, 08:28:41 PM »

I completed my evening with the new AMC drama MAD MEN. It's set in a 1960 ad agency, and what sexist pigs these men were! And everybody's smoking like chimneys. And some surprises sprung throughout the hour. John Slattery played the big boss, and nice to see Bryan Batt as a guest star, mid-level ad man.

Edisaurus

« Reply #316 on: July 19, 2007, 08:32:00 PM »

I got more CLOSER scripts today. Yes, this week's episode wasn't the strongest of the season, but I can say that the rest of the season looks fantastic---best yet!

Jason

« Reply #317 on: July 19, 2007, 08:32:50 PM »

Greetings from Kentucky...finally.

Basically, what Jose said. And then some. My flight out of O'Hare wasn't 20 minutes late, after all. It was nearly 2 hours late - most of which was spent sitting on the tarmac waiting for passengers, waiting for a mechanic (!) and then waiting to line up and wait to take off. We had been warned that the lavatory was not working on the plane, but none of us expected to be stuck on said plane for three hours. I think we finally rolled into Louisville - with bladders full and in the middle of a thunderstorm - at 6:00. We were supposed to arrive at 4:10. Then, to top it all off, because of the rain and lightning, the crew was unable to get our luggage off the plane. My parents and I waited until 7:30 to get my luggage before we decided to leave just so we could return later to pick up my bag. And when did airlines stop serving snacks? Sure, I could've bought a $3 candy bar from the very unfriendly flight attendant, but what happened to the free pretzels!?!?

This is the last time I will fly on American Airlines.

The stress has taken its toll on me today. I told myself I was going to vacation from Weight Watchers this week, but I went ahead and wrote in all the food I've eaten today just to find out what the points added up to. I get 31 points per day, and today alone I've eaten over 85 points!! That's how easily one can overeat. I will have to be far more responsible tomorrow, vacation or not. See, FJL...I don't always have self control! But those Krispy Kremes and the Red Robin Chili Chili Cheeseburger with Garlic Parmesean Steak Fries sho' were tasty!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 08:37:02 PM by Jason »

Jason

« Reply #318 on: July 19, 2007, 08:33:37 PM »

I completed my evening with the new AMC drama MAD MEN. It's set in a 1960 ad agency, and what sexist pigs these men were! And everybody's smoking like chimneys. And some surprises sprung throughout the hour. John Slattery played the big boss, and nice to see Bryan Batt as a guest star, mid-level ad man.

According to the email Bryan sent me, he's a regular on the show - not just a guest star. Good for him!!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #319 on: July 19, 2007, 08:34:31 PM »

I'm glad you finally got home, DR Jason.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Cillaliz

« Reply #320 on: July 19, 2007, 08:36:50 PM »

Now that I know Jason is home I can go to sleep.....

Well, I thought it sounded good anyway.....I am glad you made it, Jason. Have a great time, you can always lose the vacation weight later.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 08:37:14 PM by Cillaliz »

Jason

« Reply #321 on: July 19, 2007, 08:39:03 PM »

Oh, and my parents' new house is lovely. I never imagined, however, that they'd have too little furniture to fill it! I don't think they imagined that, either... I'll be sure to take pictures.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #322 on: July 19, 2007, 08:42:37 PM »

DR Jason - So, no Chik-Fil-A today?

-Glad you finally made it home.  *And I guess you could consider yourself "lucky" - a non-working lavatory can be used as a reason to ground a flight.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #323 on: July 19, 2007, 08:43:13 PM »

DR JRand - Well, I should see Baayork and a few other ACL alumni next week, so... I shall see what I can do for you.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jason

« Reply #324 on: July 19, 2007, 08:44:42 PM »

No...no Chik-Fil-A today. Maybe tomorrow. And homemade fried chicken is tomorrow night. Mmmm...

I wondered how they could get away with a non-working lavatory... And it turns out that ours was one of the last flights to land in Louisville before the airport basically shut down because of the storm. They were actually bussing people to the Cincinnatti airport just so people could get to their destinations!!

Still, this has been one of the worst travel experiences I've ever had.

3DDiffusion

« Reply #325 on: July 19, 2007, 08:48:00 PM »

Still, this has been one of the worst travel experiences I've ever had.

I'm not one for frivolous law suits, but seems to me every passenger on that plane with a non-functioning toilet deserved to get free snacks at the very least, and a free ticket at the very most.

Why not try writing to them and complaining? You might get a free ticket out of it.
I never look back. It distracts from the now.
---Edna Mode

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #326 on: July 19, 2007, 08:49:22 PM »

Good Evening!

Back from dinner with Steve.  We ended up going for Chinese food at Peking, a small chain of restaurants that have been around for years in Richmond.  Steve was really in the mood for scallops, and the kitchen very happily accommodated our request to add scallops to the Hunan Shrimp.  Very good.

And although I had been thinking of heading back to Bev's Ice Cream tonight for dessert, once we passed a DQ, well... We both had medium Blizzards, and I have to say, I should have gotten a small.  I tried their new "French Silk" one - I really like the bits of pie crust.  It was very good, but it really was a lot, almost too much, frozen ice cream treat.

Then a second round of storms started up, so I camped out at Steve's place for a bit until it passed over.  We watched a video of the latest Richmond Men's Chorus concert.  It was the first time they had had one of their concerts recorded.  And it was the first time they used this particular audio/video company.  Alas, it looks like it will be the last time.  We both got dizzy watching the video - we hadn't seen so much panning since Lestat opened last season.  ;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #327 on: July 19, 2007, 08:49:29 PM »

I got more CLOSER scripts today. Yes, this week's episode wasn't the strongest of the season, but I can say that the rest of the season looks fantastic---best yet!

I rewatched it yesterday (forgot to mention it in one of my posts), and I finally recognized Nina Foch as the lady selling the house! I didn't notice her screen credit when I watched Monday night, and I puzzled and puzzled over that familiar face.

I still thought it was a pretty ingenious murder plot, actually.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #328 on: July 19, 2007, 08:50:10 PM »

Definitely, you should complain, Jason!  And glad you arrived safely!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #329 on: July 19, 2007, 08:51:19 PM »

And since we're so close...
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up