Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SECOND SESSION  (Read 15683 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:THE SECOND SESSION
« Reply #120 on: May 04, 2005, 03:04:13 PM »

Just got the two disc Phantom, so I'll watch it this very evening.
You're giving up on Alias?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2005, 03:07:51 PM »

I have no idea what kind of dance goes with Alias.  All I know is that I've suddenly got bright red hair.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #122 on: May 04, 2005, 03:10:08 PM »

Der B wants to head to the store.  Time to go.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2005, 03:11:25 PM »

Bruce what do you mean they aren’t that sort of establishment?  Don’t they pride themselves on quality and service?  I wouldn’t expect you to ask to be comped but after you complained I would have expected something, especially for a long time regular as yourself.  They might have at least offered free desserts.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: May 04, 2005, 03:21:58 PM »

Musso's is Musso's.  They don't give a crap, at least the host last night (a new face to me) didn't give a crap.  And it's not a cheap place, so I'm probably going to call at some point today or tomorrow.  

MBarnum

« Reply #125 on: May 04, 2005, 03:23:12 PM »

Of course I was sad to see Gretchen and Meredith leave :(   But I sure did enjoy them while they were in the game. Besides the boats what was the other choice? And why didn’t Romber and Ron/Kelly have to do the boats? Or did I miss something?

My guess is that Romber will win...I do think that Rob is a very good player....Amber does nothing...therefore I don’t think they should win...Ron and Kelly...well, Kelly really gets on my last nerve...she also does not do a whole lot, therefore I don’t think they should win...Uchenna and Joyce...now there is a couple who both really put there all into the game (and you know what...Gretchen and Meredith did also..just not with the same results! LOL)...and U and J work very, very well together...therefore I think and hope that they win!

Any way that it goes, however, for me, The Amazing Race is one of the most enjoyable, most entertaining game shows around and I am already looking forward to the next season!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: May 04, 2005, 03:30:58 PM »

So, when I was doing the Ray Courts show, I met a very nice gal who was sitting across the aisle - Claudia Wells, who played Michael J. Fox's girlfriend in Back to the Future.  She hands me a card for a store she owns and it turns out it's literally two blocks from my house, almost next door to the DVD place, and I've passed by it a million times.  The store is called Armani Wells and they specialize in male clothing that she gets from a variety of places - movie costume people, cast-offs, or however - the clothing is literally like new, and the brands are all major.  I told her I'd come in and she could make me a fashion plate.  Today I went in.

Outside on the half off rack was a really nice coat, marked at 175, which meant it was really less than ninety bucks.  Really cool, so I took that in.  Claudia was there, and she outfitted me with some great stuff.  I have no sport coat that I can wear (the one I own is from my super thin days and, as we all know, those days are gone and may not ever come back), so I got three great sport coats, one of them a 1500 dollar Armani which cost me $175.  Even if I wear them only occasionally it's a great deal.  The others were even cheaper.  Now, when I go to Crustacaen, where a sport coat is required, I won't have to wear one that's three sizes to small.  She picked me out six incredible casual shirts, the kind of thing that I like when I see, but which I never seem to be able to find in stores.  Retail on these shirts would surely be in the hundred to two hundred range - here they were all under thirty bucks.  I got three pairs of pants, average price about thirty-five bucks (one pair Armani), one pair of nice black shoes (so cheap I don't even want to mention it - they're plain, but it's nice to have a pair in case I should need them.  Finally, she threw in one more shirt as my first time shopping there gift.  I may go back in a couple of weeks and see if I can pick up a suit.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: May 04, 2005, 03:32:20 PM »

Got a very nice package from dear reader Hisaka in far off Japan, with a bag of some of her favorite other cookies.  These are called Leaf Pies, and they are great.  I had one - it was quite light and airy and absolutely yummilicious.  We hope that she will be back with us next week.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: May 04, 2005, 03:34:02 PM »

JMK: Unless Francis Farmer was on American Idol or The Amazing Race, I don't think it would be Jennifer doing the gaslighting.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: May 04, 2005, 03:34:48 PM »

ALABASTER, baby, ALABASTER!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: May 04, 2005, 03:35:02 PM »

And now - Dino at the piano.

Jennifer

« Reply #131 on: May 04, 2005, 03:35:27 PM »

AMAZING RACE POST:

SKIP THIS POST IF YOU ARE NOT A TAR FAN>

DR JENNIFER - I think that Rob should have Yielded Uchenna & Joyce - I think that more than likely would have knocked them out.  Ron & Kelly were not that far behind them and no matter what they did were going to come in second last night.

I've been thinking about who they should have yielded.  My gut says that they made the right choice to yield R/K.  First off Romber did not know that Ron and Kelly took a taxi and were 1 hour behind them.  Rob wanted to make sure that he yielded his toughest competition. And he wanted to ensure that they would win that leg of the race.

Also, they did not know exactly how far behind U/J were.  So by yielding Ron and Kelly there was still a chance that they would finish last (and it almost worked since U/J and M/G both arrived shortly after Kelly started the bus challenge).

The only reason they would have had to yield U/J would be to ensure that they went home.  And that would leave rob and amber to play the finale against a weaker team (G&M).  However it would mean they would definitely have to face ron and kelly.

Actually i'm happy that they didn't yield U/J. Because i would not have wanted them to lose (or Gretchen and Meredith) to stay simply because of the yield.  I don't mind if the yield is used to slow teams down. But i hate the idea that anybody would lose strictly because of it.  And i definitely think that Uchenna and joyce are much more deserving to be in the finale than G/M.

Jennifer

« Reply #132 on: May 04, 2005, 03:47:36 PM »

Of course I was sad to see Gretchen and Meredith leave :(   But I sure did enjoy them while they were in the game. Besides the boats what was the other choice? And why didn’t Romber and Ron/Kelly have to do the boats? Or did I miss something?

Romber and R/K chose the Sherlock Holmes detour.

DR Mbarnum, I knew you'd be sad to see Gretchen and Meredith go. :(

Too bad that she didn't do drive the doubledecker bus.  That would have been funny. :)  

My guess is that Romber will win...I do think that Rob is a very good player....Amber does nothing...therefore I don’t think they should win...Ron and Kelly...well, Kelly really gets on my last nerve...she also does not do a whole lot, therefore I don’t think they should win...Uchenna and Joyce...now there is a couple who both really put there all into the game (and you know what...Gretchen and Meredith did also..just not with the same results! LOL)...and U and J work very, very well together...therefore I think and hope that they win!

I don't want to say who I think will win (since I accidently read the betting spoiler - which may or may not be correct).  But I do think that Rob and amber are the best team.  So I would like them to win.  Ron and Kelly have been very close to them all season, so one would think they would be close behind.

However near the end it really depends a lot on flights.  Probably one team will take a chance, and that could pay off or cost them big.

I actually totally agree with what you said about Uchenna and Joyce.  I really like them as a couple. And they have shown more and more each leg.  And i love how they interact as a couple.  They are so positive and lovely.  The only problem that I have with them is that they are clearly not as strong as the other two teams.  They have made plenty of errors and finished in the middle much of the time.  However if romber doesn't win, then i hope they do.

I also sort of agree with you about Ron and Kelly. I don't care for them.  But they grate on my nerves equally.  I find ron to be very cold.  Although he clearly tried to be supportive of kelly in the cab last night, and she pushed him away.  I hate how she airs their dirty laundry on this show, and I would be amazed if they were still together.

And of course you know how i feel about romber!  So will you watch their wedding on tv in 2 weeks? :)

Any way that it goes, however, for me, The Amazing Race is one of the most enjoyable, most entertaining game shows around and I am already looking forward to the next season!!

I agree.  It is by far my favorite prime time show.  Just LOVE IT!

MBarnum

« Reply #133 on: May 04, 2005, 03:53:15 PM »

I don't know if I will watch Rob and Amber's wedding or not...if the special is more then just the wedding itself, then I might...in other words I want to history, some interviews with guests, family, friends, etc.

It all might be fun for curiousity sake.

Of course if Meredith and Gretchen are attending, then surely I will watch! LOL!

I think they should do a special next time Meredith and Gretchen have an anniversary...I would watch. Of course I might be the only one.

Tomovoz

« Reply #134 on: May 04, 2005, 04:36:54 PM »

I'm having more RAM added to my computer today.. I don't think that is quite the same as having sheep loose in the top paddock. (Australian saying similar to being a sandwich short of a picnic).
I hope to back on line in time for the new notes if not before.   For those who watch Carnivale - my computer technician is a close relative of Sampson. Good thing I don't have the same phobia as Snow White's Prince.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #135 on: May 04, 2005, 04:36:58 PM »

;D ;DNo doubt all the "field research" has resulted in short-term memory loss--so the public has simply forgotten they saw Version A two nights ago, and go out again to see Version B.   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Version A of what?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #136 on: May 04, 2005, 04:53:01 PM »

Der B and I have already been booked for the next two days, transporting dogs up the highway to be picked up by other groups.

Friday will be a boxer.

Thursday, tomorrow, will be a very pregnant ... something.  We haven't been told what she is, but she is apparently very very expecting.

Der B is half tempted to tell them "Oh, why don't you let us take her in for a few days!"  It would be something new for both of us.

Jane

« Reply #137 on: May 04, 2005, 06:16:43 PM »

Not only won't you get much sleep but you will have tons of laundry to do.  Which reminds me, don’t forget to put towels or a blanket down in the car, just in case those puppies are born while you are transporting the mother.  I would put a plastic liner under the towels.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #138 on: May 04, 2005, 06:37:11 PM »

Skip this post if you do not like to read about skipping posts.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #139 on: May 04, 2005, 06:48:03 PM »

I just finished listening to the original London cast recording of Mary Poppins.  I don't know the movie very well (so I don't have a great affection for it...feeling that any stage version will not be worthy), but the CD of the London cast is absolutely delightful.  Even though I had the songlist listing the composers in front of me as I was listening to it, all of the movie songs were familiar, so I actually knew without looking which were new and which were the original movie songs.  The new songs seemed to fit right in, but some were a little bit darker.  I assume that they're closer to the tone of Travers' original books (which I've never read).

Anyway, the booklet has the complete lyrics (no synopsis, though) and lots of good pictures.  The set looks wonderful.  And instead of Mary and Bert singing along with animated penguins during "Jolly Holiday" (that's the song that they sing with animated penguins in the movie, isn't it??), they have statues that come to life.  Highly recommended. ;D

Does anyone else have this and not like it?  Just curious.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Danise

« Reply #140 on: May 04, 2005, 06:51:39 PM »

Hi all!

Hate to post and run but I had a very busy day today.  I'm up much later then I should be.  

I will be here tomorrow for the par-tay!   ;D

Have good evening!

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #141 on: May 04, 2005, 07:16:15 PM »

George you just sent me a search to read about the original Mary Poppins books.  Seems the nanny was not a very likable character and not as sweet as Julie Andrews.;D

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #142 on: May 04, 2005, 07:26:45 PM »

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE VIBES!!!

Oh you wonderful wonderful people...vibes really do work!  

I am very pleased to annouce that I am now employed!  My interview was at 10:30, the first one anyway, and not two hours later I got a call offering me the job!  I didn't even have to go to my second interview...this was the one I wanted in the first place.  So starting Monday, I officially join the ranks of the employed!  yay!!!

Now we just need to get DR Jed a job....
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 07:28:24 PM by Ann »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: May 04, 2005, 07:41:40 PM »

Congratulations, and you may now come down from Boot Hill.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #144 on: May 04, 2005, 08:17:32 PM »

No problems at all with the person voted off AMERICAN IDOL tonight.

And I have to say that tonight's "Bridge Over Troubled Water" was the best group song BY FAR that this year's idol contestants have done.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #145 on: May 04, 2005, 08:21:32 PM »

I will also say that ALIAS pulled a surprise or two tonight that I quite enjoyed. It's gearing up for a nice season finale, I think.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #146 on: May 04, 2005, 08:22:52 PM »

Congrats Ann!!! That is FANTASTIC NEWS!!!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #147 on: May 04, 2005, 08:23:56 PM »

I love JRand's persistent pleas for photos. They never fail to make me smile.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #148 on: May 04, 2005, 08:24:35 PM »

Hi MattH. Did they ever finish casting your show?

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #149 on: May 04, 2005, 08:27:11 PM »

Question for BK and/or others:
I have never heard a good thing about AOL, aside from happy people on TV commercials. I have heard only bad things from real people. Therefore, why have AOL? Has it any redeeming qualities?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up