Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: EASE ON DOWN LA STRADA  (Read 25301 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:EASE ON DOWN LA STRADA
« Reply #150 on: November 20, 2003, 06:22:13 PM »

Ann:  You are right about a little bit of snow serving as a distraction, especially if you live in Western Washington where snow is not that common.  Normally I go through my whole day at work without ever going over to the window to check and see what is happening in the real world.  However, today I must have gone over to the windows a dozen times to see if it was still snowing, if had started to stick on the streets, etc.  Very weird.  

In addition, I was so distracted that I never responded to today's topic.  For the most part I also try to avoid confrontation.  After all, my face is my fortune.  But seriously, to quote the late thespian, Bill Bixby, "Don't make me angry.  You wouldn't like me when I'm angry."  Basically, I am a pretty easy-going guy, so I tend to try and ignore the jerks, idiots, and fools that I encounter on a daily basis.  But, when pushed too far, and it doesn't happen often, I can really loose it, but it is almost always verbal rather than physical.  However, there was that one Aussie I beat the crap out of because he tried to tickle my dingo.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jed

« Reply #151 on: November 20, 2003, 06:22:35 PM »

Ron - I could not have summed up the whole karma issue any better if I'd tried (but I was feeling lazy, so I didn't try :D ).

What is it about snowy weather that makes you want to blow off school work and curl up with a cup of hot chocolate and a book?

Are you sure it's the snow that makes you want to do that, and not the school work?  ;)
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jed

« Reply #152 on: November 20, 2003, 06:27:12 PM »

Ha!  TCB, how true about you "west siders." :D  I laughed when I heard that some schools were cancelled over there the last couple days.  In all my years in the Ellensburg schools, we only had one day cancelled for snow, and that was when 24 inches fell in 7 hours overnight!

François

« Reply #153 on: November 20, 2003, 06:29:39 PM »

No, no, no! God Ron!

Can't get a colonoscopy like that! One has to prepare one's body a full day in advance for that :P

I could make Matt H's remarks on how he deals with "cretins, morons etc..." mine! They get the WORST out of me and then I hate myself for not being in control...
I always try to avoid confrontations, but that ain't easy!

I'm crazy about Christmas music, pagan one more than religious one I have to admit....You do have wonderful Xmas songs in the US; far less in Europe!
I tend to collect it too; my favorite possessions are the two BK produced gems "Hollywood Christmas" and "Broadway Christmas", the three cds done by Dame Julie over the years (One with André Previn and the 2 others with Ian Fraser), one by the one and only Spike Jones, and the two terrific albums by the Carpenters that DR Tom from Oz mentioned earlier.

Btw, Richard Carpenter was very much inspired by the Christmas recordings done by Spike Jones....

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #154 on: November 20, 2003, 06:31:26 PM »

Oh, and I agree what Ron said about karma...you have summed it up perfectly

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #155 on: November 20, 2003, 06:32:50 PM »

As far as CHristmas Specials go...Charlie Brown is a must, of course.  And my own personal tradition is The Muppet Christmas Carol.  Nothing puts me in the Christmas mood like Kermit the Frog as Bob Cratchit, and Michael Caine as the best Scrooge ever...

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #156 on: November 20, 2003, 06:33:31 PM »

Hey!  I hit 100 posts!!! woohoo!!!

Andrea

« Reply #157 on: November 20, 2003, 06:39:47 PM »

Karma stuff: meh... one way or another... it can hardly matter... however... if Emily's karma ever goes down... you know you did it!

Clothes check: heels, ball gown and tartan sash.... I'm checking to see if everything is alright for tomorrow of course:)

Emily

« Reply #158 on: November 20, 2003, 06:40:58 PM »

Re: Karma

While I understand that I may have been one the people who have bitched and moaned about losing karma (although I prefer to think of it as tactfully mentioning my loss!) I also get Ron and several other DR's points re: karma.  

Frankly, karma discussions have taken up a lot of space on this board when we could have been discussing other more pressing inconsequentialities! :)

From now on, any karma movement on my part will be kept quiet unless explicitly addressed by another DR.  

In other news...

I spent the evening watching SURVIVOR (don't worry... no spoilers Mark!) and eating way too much junk food with my sisters.  

For all you Greek food fans picture the following:

a giant sandwich made of pizza dough for the bread and filled with homemade tzaziki sauce, gyro pieces, lettuce, tomatoes and onion.  It took arghaaghrahghaarghagha to another level.  :)
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #159 on: November 20, 2003, 06:41:35 PM »

Just finished with my scene.  I guess there's about a half hour to go til the end of the play.

Thank you, Ron!

I so want it to snow.  I want to go out and build a really malformed snowman as in days of yore!

Emily

« Reply #160 on: November 20, 2003, 06:41:57 PM »

Andrea is taking CYGOPP scottish country dancing tomorrow.

This could be defined as the climatic moment of their relationship... :)
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

François

« Reply #161 on: November 20, 2003, 06:43:19 PM »

Raw onions, Emily?

Jed

« Reply #162 on: November 20, 2003, 06:44:28 PM »

For all you Greek food fans picture the following:

a giant sandwich made of pizza dough for the bread and filled with homemade tzaziki sauce, gyro pieces, lettuce, tomatoes and onion.  It took arghaaghrahghaarghagha to another level.  :)

There simply nothing to be said other than...

Arghaaghrahghaarghagha!!!

Emily

« Reply #163 on: November 20, 2003, 06:45:39 PM »

actually François, the onions were cooked.

Although the bad garlic breath from the tzaziki may explain why I have been banished outside of the family den and into my basement to brush my teeth :)

François

« Reply #164 on: November 20, 2003, 06:50:05 PM »

Sorry, but for our French Speaking D readers :o
Arghaaghrahghaarghagha!!!
doesn't translate very well??? ;D

Andrea

« Reply #165 on: November 20, 2003, 06:53:31 PM »

On a sidenote.... I have too much karma! take it away! Take it away!

Andrea

« Reply #166 on: November 20, 2003, 06:58:26 PM »

ok... I think I'm done my picture posting thing..

Naturally we all know why I'm doing this: Jed must be able to see my beauty everywhere he looks ;)

And Jed dear, I have know idea what closets you were talking about... the madames chaperoned us all the time!

Jed

« Reply #167 on: November 20, 2003, 07:02:50 PM »

ok... I think I'm done my picture posting thing..

Naturally we all know why I'm doing this: Jed must be able to see my beauty everywhere he looks ;)

Oh, how I wish I could, my dear Andrea, but I'm sadly seeing only those little red X's!  :(

Michael

« Reply #168 on: November 20, 2003, 07:03:41 PM »

Watch the restore version of Once Upon a Time in the West. I think it is a beautiful restoration and 5.1 sound mix will not obvious added to the watching immeasurable. After seeing the film again and I think for the first time in its complete form, I have to say that Ennio Morriconne is my favorite film composer. He is so different from Williams, Goldsmith, Mancini, Newman (all of them), Goldenthal, Shore, Horner, Barry etc etc. He has such a unique sound to his music score thanks to the unusual instruments and vocalise that are used.

One of my favorite moments is the scoring as a character is dying. When he takes his last breath the music momentarily stops with last exhale of breath and then continues. I thought that was brilliant.

Highly recommend this film.
Never stop dreaming.

Andrea

« Reply #169 on: November 20, 2003, 07:05:00 PM »

ah... as do I see little red xxxs....

Mark... when you can draw yourself away from Maya, explain how I get no little xs?

Andrea

« Reply #170 on: November 20, 2003, 07:09:20 PM »

Alright.... here is me:) Hopefully...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Andrea

« Reply #171 on: November 20, 2003, 07:09:40 PM »

Jed? Does that work?

Jed

« Reply #172 on: November 20, 2003, 07:13:14 PM »

Ah yes, much better!  I can see you now, Andrea!

Emily

« Reply #173 on: November 20, 2003, 07:13:30 PM »

I see it m'dear

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #174 on: November 20, 2003, 07:13:38 PM »

My all time favorite Christmas song is CAROL OF THE BELLS! I can listen to it over and over and over and over. My dream CD would be 25 different versions of CAROL OF THE BELLS sung by different people/performed by different orchestras. Maybe it already exists??!!! If so I want it now!
Be wary of the ground on which you tread.  Carol of the Bells is a favorite of mine, as well.  One time, when I was putting together tapes of Christmas music for the office lunch/party, I listened to perhaps ten different versions, back to back.  Der Brucer nearly threw me out of the house.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Andrea

« Reply #175 on: November 20, 2003, 07:16:33 PM »

Yeah! And now you all must suffer through another picture of my dearly departed boys, Reggie and Golden

Jennifer

« Reply #176 on: November 20, 2003, 07:16:51 PM »

Wow, it looks like the All-Star Survivor will be put in a great time slot, February 1st right after the Super Bowl.

http://jam.canoe.ca/JamSurvivorPearl/nov18_survivor-ap.html

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #177 on: November 20, 2003, 07:19:02 PM »

Just got back. At least we've gotten to page 6. You people need to start posting more (says the girl that hasn't even hit 75 yet)!

Andrea: CUTE picture!

Ron and everyone else summed up my viewpoints on the karma thing wonderfully. It's not that I get MAD, just a little taken aback. Any karma is better than NO karma! And as a side note: it's only karma. Your life doesn't depend on it, and if you lose some, just keep telling yourself, "It's not real. It's merely a number on my computer. It's not real." We shall all be happy as clams. I've never understood that phrase.

Just after getting better from my never ending voice issues, I have a fershluganah cough. This weather needs to even out, because 30 degrees one day, and then 80 degrees the next day is NOT doing anyone any good. I shall go make myself content with JRB, which I have been neglecting.

Have I mentioned that you are all wonderful?
...Walk in the sunshine...

MrMarkBakalor

« Reply #178 on: November 20, 2003, 07:20:15 PM »

ah... as do I see little red xxxs....

Mark... when you can draw yourself away from Maya, explain how I get no little xs?

There will be no xxx on HainesHisWay.

I have no idea what you're doing. Are you talking about modifying your User Image or something else? If I know what the situation and problem is I'll do my best to help. But I refuse to draw, sketch or paint  myself away from karmalicious.

MrMarkBakalor

« Reply #179 on: November 20, 2003, 07:21:06 PM »

Hm... it appears all is well and you seem to no longer need my help.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up