Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down

Author Topic: BREEZY  (Read 40645 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re: BREEZY
« Reply #330 on: October 29, 2012, 08:58:13 PM »

Thoughts and prayers to everyone on the east coast... Stay safe!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #331 on: October 29, 2012, 08:58:25 PM »

Page 12!!!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #332 on: October 29, 2012, 09:04:40 PM »

Battery Park is under 14 feet of water.  According to the newscast.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #333 on: October 29, 2012, 09:06:33 PM »

DR Ben is gone.  Can anyone answer my question regarding W. 12th Street?

Yes, it is a block north of W. 11th Street.

and it has no power. I understand that con Ed has turned off the power below 39th Street.

Thanks.

Jane

« Reply #334 on: October 29, 2012, 09:07:35 PM »

One hears such conflicting reports.  I have to stop even looking at Facebook, for as irritating as the political posts have been, these jokers who keep posting the same fake photos are really beginning to piss me off.  Why do reasonably intelligent people do this?

And why does anyone forward those kinds of photos or posts for that matter without checking them out first.  When I said the power was out in New York City that was based on coverage on my local news program showing a whole bank of skyscrapers that were dark.  And then the newscaster said that NYC had apparently gone dark.

I searched and found your photos but no real news on the black out.  Odd since you saw it on the news.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #335 on: October 29, 2012, 09:08:07 PM »

The barometric pressure in the storm was the lowest ever recorded on the East Coast.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #336 on: October 29, 2012, 09:08:37 PM »

I keep seeing all these photos and hearing all these reports, and yet I know not one person in NY who is seeing these problems.  It's weird.  I've heard of blinking lights and obviously Con Ed has shut down the power in part of the city, but certainly in the mid-town to early uptown areas things seem quiet.

Jane

« Reply #337 on: October 29, 2012, 09:08:38 PM »

OMG, this looks fake but isn't.

That is so sad.

But where and what are we looking at?

Sorry, it said ground zero.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #338 on: October 29, 2012, 09:09:40 PM »

I think newscasters are as bad as people posting on Facebook - I truly think they either make it up, misinterpret, or are told things and then don't check before saying them.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #339 on: October 29, 2012, 09:23:34 PM »

I did get to meet former President Bill Clinton tonight...

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #340 on: October 29, 2012, 09:23:49 PM »

One hears such conflicting reports.  I have to stop even looking at Facebook, for as irritating as the political posts have been, these jokers who keep posting the same fake photos are really beginning to piss me off.  Why do reasonably intelligent people do this?

And why does anyone forward those kinds of photos or posts for that matter without checking them out first.  When I said the power was out in New York City that was based on coverage on my local news program showing a whole bank of skyscrapers that were dark.  And then the newscaster said that NYC had apparently gone dark.

I searched and found your photos but no real news on the black out.  Odd since you saw it on the news.

Elmore posted earlier that power had been shut down south of 39th St., due to flooding in lower Manhattan.  This isn't the same view I saw on the news, but this is similar.  It is taken from Brooklyn looking at lower Manhattan.

“One thing’s universal,

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #341 on: October 29, 2012, 09:25:29 PM »

Wow!

Cillaliz

« Reply #342 on: October 29, 2012, 09:25:58 PM »

BK, go to the NY Times website or CNN or any of the news sites, you'll see lots of photos

Cillaliz

« Reply #343 on: October 29, 2012, 09:27:16 PM »

Glad you enjoyed your evening and got to meet President Clinton.  I've seen him a couple times.  He has so much charisma and is really a joy to see in person

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #344 on: October 29, 2012, 09:27:38 PM »

Very cool.
“One thing’s universal,

MBarnum

« Reply #345 on: October 29, 2012, 09:31:16 PM »

All those phony hurricane photos, hard to know which are real and which aren't.

I am still trying to find out if this one is for real, before I post it on Facebook. Don't want to embarrass myself.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #346 on: October 29, 2012, 09:31:42 PM »

Well, my work here is done.

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #347 on: October 29, 2012, 09:31:53 PM »

That man oozes with charisma. He is a remarkable speaker...Others could learn speaking finesse..

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #348 on: October 29, 2012, 09:32:37 PM »

I am still trying to find out if this one is for real, before I post it on Facebook. Don't want to embarrass myself.

GODZILLA!   

LOL

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #349 on: October 29, 2012, 09:33:41 PM »

Mike, I am sure that one is real!
“One thing’s universal,

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #350 on: October 29, 2012, 09:41:49 PM »

For some odd reason I keep thinking of the line in musical, Brain from Planet X....

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #351 on: October 29, 2012, 10:11:06 PM »

Home from rehearsal and caught up with the sad posts.  Continued vibes to the east coast

DRJohnG - Cassarole was a success!!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #352 on: October 29, 2012, 11:19:27 PM »

Very cool.

Ditto!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up