Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE VARSITY DRAG  (Read 32877 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re:THE VARSITY DRAG
« Reply #120 on: March 19, 2008, 12:18:44 PM »

Ron Pulliam DID NOT start Page 5:

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #121 on: March 19, 2008, 12:20:17 PM »

Welcome all to page 5

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: March 19, 2008, 12:23:11 PM »

Back from a good work session, but a strange e-mail, which now may throw a monkey wrench into the news.  I cannot believe it, but I'm not going to panic until I actually have a conversation.  Based on that conversation, I'll either send everyone their money back immediately or we'll be able to move forward.  The monkey wrench is so weird and off-putting that I'm agog, simply agog, and I wonder if it's because some peckerwood read the posts yesterday and called someone.  In a nutshell, it seems that the four songs might be included in a box set sometime in the distant future, from another label - the soundtrack of the songs.  What I find odd is that no one has mentioned this to me until today, long after I was told everything was fine.  They're not saying no to me, but it now could get so muddy that it will be impossible, especially if I have to go deal with the people who are supposedly doing the box.   Obviously, when I began pursuing this, no one acted as if another company had any interest whatsovever - it was just happiness at the thought that this might finally be released.  And now, suddenly, there's this Sword of Damacles and I'm just really annoyed about it.  And I just hope it wasn't because of yesterday's little pre-announcement.  I've told them it's a whole different thing - we'd be putting out the entire soundtrack, not just the songs, and it's a limited edition so it's not really going to hurt any box set.

I have to say, that if this falls apart I may just take it as a sign to close down Kritzerland - because I'm so weary of having to live from hand to mouth with the company never having any money.  This project was exactly what we needed to get a quick infusion of cash.  I've got two upcoming projects that I'll probably cancel at the end of the week, should this all fall apart.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 12:25:12 PM by bk »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #123 on: March 19, 2008, 12:27:16 PM »

I made mini banana muffins for my 2 year old niece's daycare Easter party tomorrow. I had no idea how long it would take to fill those little suckers!

Btw, speaking of recipes, has anyone ever tried the KFC imitation recipe for cole slaw or potato salad? (they are free at toprecipes.com). Very good.

DR Jennifer - Get the an ice cream scoop/disher!  They make portioning out batters for cupcakes, pancakes and waffles a much more easier and faster and consistent job.  I also use them for portioning out cookie dough for drop cookies.

As for those "imitation recipes" - Just a word of warning (from the son of a Registered Dietitian) - In general, what makes a lot of fast food taste so good is the amount of sodium and fat they load into their recipes.  Many of the "imitation" recipes actually have more sodium and fat than the original restaurant versions.  And since you're making a whole batch and not just getting a single serving container, you may be be bound to eat more than "normal".  I also think you should also just search out some traditional homespun recipes since most of the fast-food versions are just enhanced versions of classic recipes.  Yes, by making the "imitation" versions at home, you will be getting a fresher version, but you may not necessarily be getting a healthier one.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #124 on: March 19, 2008, 12:27:38 PM »

Bruce-VIBES!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #125 on: March 19, 2008, 12:31:00 PM »

Happy Birthday to ex DR Jay.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #126 on: March 19, 2008, 12:34:26 PM »

Ron Pulliam DID NOT start Page 5:

der Brucer

But I still won't drool!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #127 on: March 19, 2008, 12:35:53 PM »

But I still won't drool!

But it is your nose still dripping?
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #128 on: March 19, 2008, 12:35:56 PM »

One way to get rid of the bed-bugs:

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #129 on: March 19, 2008, 12:37:45 PM »

...much more easier...

Aaah - PAYBACK :D

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #130 on: March 19, 2008, 12:47:11 PM »

IDOL SPOO!

TMZ.COM

"Idol" Voters: What You See, Not What You Get

If you voted for "American Idol's" Michael Johns last night, you could have been influenced by a performance that was never even in the show.

At the end of the show, just before the voting began, Ryan Seacrest threw to a tape with highlights from the contestants. Michael Johns actually seemed better than when he sang earlier in the show. Fact is, it was better, because producers used Johns performance from his rehearsal earlier in the day.

Interestingly, after Johns performed live on the air, Paula remarked that she heard Johns during rehearsal and he had been a lot better then. So voters were left with the impression Johns was better than he actually was.

Ditto David Archuleta the week before, when he forgot the lyrics to "We Can Work it Out." When "A.I." played the highlight tape at the end of the show, David was seen during his rehearsal, when he was much better.

"Idol" tells us the entire montage at the end of the show is of rehearsal footage -- they simply don't have the time to turn around that video using live performances.

Shades of Iron Chef America!

der Brucer
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 12:49:43 PM by DERBRUCER »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #131 on: March 19, 2008, 12:47:20 PM »

Aaah - PAYBACK :D

der Brucer

I was just being colloquial, informal. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #132 on: March 19, 2008, 12:50:59 PM »

I was just being colloquial, informal. ;)

You learn too fast! :D

der Brucer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: March 19, 2008, 12:56:00 PM »

I have a feeling I won't hear anything today - the lawyer is in some big meeting.  I think what happened was some lurker saw the post, called the guy who's doing the box, who must have called Steve and here we are.  Or maybe I'm just reading more into what the e-mail said - won't know until I have the conversation.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #134 on: March 19, 2008, 12:57:39 PM »

IDOL SPOO!

http://www.tmz.com/2008/03/19/kristin-davis-sex-pics-ex-bf-sold-her-out/

"Idol" Voters: What You See, Not What You Get

If you voted for "American Idol's" Michael Johns last night, you could have been influenced by a performance that was never even in the show.

At the end of the show, just before the voting began, Ryan Seacrest threw to a tape with highlights from the contestants. Michael Johns actually seemed better than when he sang earlier in the show. Fact is, it was better, because producers used Johns performance from his rehearsal earlier in the day.

Interestingly, after Johns performed live on the air, Paula remarked that she heard Johns during rehearsal and he had been a lot better then. So voters were left with the impression Johns was better than he actually was.

TMZ.COMShades of Iron Chef America!

der Brucer

They've been doing that for years.  Although I do have to wonder with the statement that "AI" compiles the complete montage from the rehearsal footage.  It used to be that any one who sang in the final two slots of the episode had footage used from their dress rehearsals - it would just require too fast a turn around to get the "last" clips into the final montage.  I still remember one clip from a few seasons back that was vastly different from the live performance.  They would have to have one version of the wrap-up montage already put together before they go live just in case something goes wrong with the taping. It's insurance.  -Perhaps DR edisaurus may have a better insight on this topic.

In any case, I'm sure most voters know who they're going to vote for even before the show ends.  Heck, some know who they're going to vote for before the show even begins.  I don't think those final clips could sway that many vote(rs).
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #135 on: March 19, 2008, 12:58:43 PM »

OY!  I'm not sure if what I just typed made any sense, and I'm just a bit too brain dead - a.k.a. lazy - to change it right now, so....

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #136 on: March 19, 2008, 12:59:07 PM »

And now it's time for me to head to midtown for a short work session.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #137 on: March 19, 2008, 12:59:31 PM »

Do you mean fill the muffin wrappers or did you put a filling inside the muffins?

I thought she meant filling up the two-year-olds.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #138 on: March 19, 2008, 12:59:49 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
to BK. That's awful news.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #139 on: March 19, 2008, 01:01:53 PM »

BK, perhaps anything you want to announce to just us could be done in a live chat instead of a post. Especially if we need a password to get in. That would keep the lurkers out.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #140 on: March 19, 2008, 01:23:10 PM »

OY!  I'm not sure if what I just typed made any sense,

Bad news - it made perfect sense to me.

der Brucer
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 01:24:33 PM by DERBRUCER »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #141 on: March 19, 2008, 01:24:31 PM »

The rain still hasn't arrived yet, but I expect it any time. Fairly warm outside, though. That's nice.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #142 on: March 19, 2008, 01:29:44 PM »

The monkey wrench is so weird and off-putting that I'm agog, simply agog, and I wonder if it's because some peckerwood read the posts yesterday and called someone.  In a nutshell, it seems that the four songs might be included in a box set sometime in the distant future, from another label - the soundtrack of the songs.  What I find odd is that no one has mentioned this to me until today, long after I was told everything was fine.  They're not saying no to me, but it now could get so muddy that it will be impossible, especially if I have to go deal with the people who are supposedly doing the box.   Obviously, when I began pursuing this, no one acted as if another company had any interest whatsovever - it was just happiness at the thought that this might finally be released.  And now, suddenly, there's this Sword of Damacles and I'm just really annoyed about it.  And I just hope it wasn't because of yesterday's little pre-announcement.  I've told them it's a whole different thing - we'd be putting out the entire soundtrack, not just the songs, and it's a limited edition so it's not really going to hurt any box set.

I have to say, that if this falls apart I may just take it as a sign to close down Kritzerland - because I'm so weary of having to live from hand to mouth with the company never having any money.  This project was exactly what we needed to get a quick infusion of cash.  I've got two upcoming projects that I'll probably cancel at the end of the week, should this all fall apart.

:'(

I hope things sort themselves out in a positive way for you...and us!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #143 on: March 19, 2008, 01:29:50 PM »

I believe you are correct, DR Jose. Some of the footage in the final montage is from "live performance" of the early placed singers. Later singers have footage of dress rehearsal inserted. It has always been this way. Nothing nefarious about it. In the case of Michael Johns, there may have been a problem with the live footage and they had to use the dress rehearsal stuff. Would any vast number of people base their votes of those few seconds of performance? I doubt it.

Matt H.

« Reply #144 on: March 19, 2008, 01:31:42 PM »

I watched another NUMBERS episode while I cooked and ate lunch. A very lazy mystery dealing with a hit and run accident of a Chinese woman who had actually been a mole for the government, the show's killer was SO easy to figure out.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: March 19, 2008, 01:31:43 PM »

Well, I'll tell you, if they don't sort it out in a positive way, I may still decide that those who ordered can get it.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #146 on: March 19, 2008, 01:32:20 PM »

But it is your nose still dripping?

No! No pre- or post-nasal drip!

And no gushing of any kind, either!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #147 on: March 19, 2008, 01:33:14 PM »

Well, I'll tell you, if they don't sort it out in a positive way, I may still decide that those who ordered can get it.

If that's the case, can my pre-order quantity be adjusted?    ;)

Matt H.

« Reply #148 on: March 19, 2008, 01:33:50 PM »

I then watched THE YOUNG PHILADELPHIANS. An excellent 1950s soap opera with a great cast: Paul Newman, Barbara Rush (always like her), Robert Vaughn (well deserved Oscar nomination), John Williams, and Billie Burke in a scene stealing turn that should have netted her an Oscar nomination, too.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #149 on: March 19, 2008, 01:34:05 PM »

Bad news - it made perfect sense to me.

der Brucer

That is rather distressing news, DR Jose.  Try harder to obfuscate for der Brucer!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up