Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: FLOGGED WITH A LINGUINI  (Read 30182 times)

td

• td
Re:FLOGGED WITH A LINGUINI
« Reply #240 on: November 24, 2003, 07:52:13 PM »

Are we having a lull? Or is it a pasta break?
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Emily

« Reply #241 on: November 24, 2003, 07:53:09 PM »

BK is drowning in his pasta tonight
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #242 on: November 24, 2003, 07:58:51 PM »

Big news will be in tomorrow's notes, along with Kritzer blurbs, but NOT if we don't get some postin' goin' on.  I'm not having pasta tonight (I had it yesterday) but I'm here to tell you this weekend I will be pastafied.

Laura II

« Reply #243 on: November 24, 2003, 08:10:55 PM »

First, good vibes to Sarah's sis, Jose's friend, and Jay:
[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

Second, I love sonnets. I'll go back and reread Sarah's sonnet and probably analyze it, too. How I love Mrs. Buckley for being such an excellent AP English teacher!

Pasta recipes: Ok, so I'm Italian(-American)...and I don't cook (yet). I LOVE pasta and bread. MMM just thinking about it makes me hungry. Anyway, I'll eat almost any pasta, except I don't like ricotta cheese, so I refuse to eat lasagna or ravioli. I love gnocchi and almost anything else. Usually I eat pasta with my grandma's gravy (that's tomato sauce for all of you non-Italians  :)) or with olive oil, fresh tomatoes, and fresh basil (and sometimes with zucchini). Zucchini is my favorite veggie, at least as of now. I can cook pasta if I want to (al dente, the best way), but I mostly leave that up to my mom.

Btw, I laughed so hard at MBarnum's recipe because that's like the only pasta I willingly make...except I follow the microwave instructions! One time during the summer, I was babysitting some girls who would only eat the mac and cheese if I boiled the water, and I had to boil two pots because right before I threw the pasta in the first bowl, I realized a spider had fallen in and died. I think I told the girls it was all because they made me boil the water and didn't let me take the shortcut.

Re Milk: I don't drink it. I take calcium supplements because I abhor it. Well, not quite abhor it, but I don't like it at all. Sometimes if I eat cereal, I use it. Occasionally, I'll drink it while eating oreos. I, however, rarely eat cereal or oreos. Oh, and sometimes I'll feel the need to drink chocolate milk, and I make sure I pour a whole lot of Hershey's syrup into my glass.

Also, congrats to Jason!
Jose--I loved the picture of your niece and nephew and the stories about your nephew, too!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2003, 08:47:07 PM by Laura II »
"I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me."

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #244 on: November 24, 2003, 08:26:29 PM »

I am a bread junkie. I would weigh 600 pounds if I let myself go because bread is one of my real weaknesses.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jennifer

« Reply #245 on: November 24, 2003, 08:33:49 PM »

DR Emily put page 8 in widescreen. But the pic is so nice. Please keep it (what's one page of widescreen).

What is CYGOPP again? (I told you to keep writing what it stands for! :) )

I mean I know it's Andrea's friend. And I know he runs one of McGill's student governments. But for some reason I can never remember what those initials stand for (some type of guy, of some kind of importance? :) )

Jennifer

« Reply #246 on: November 24, 2003, 08:38:40 PM »

Quote from: Jennifer on Today at 04:57:46pm
BTW THIS IS FOR DR MARK: I REALLY HOPE THAT FEMALES HITTING 500 POSTS WILL BE GODDESSES

Do not underestimate the power of a goddess scorned :)

Ha ha ha. Thanks for that laugh.  Yep I'm almost there. Maybe tomorrow?

Jennifer

« Reply #247 on: November 24, 2003, 08:40:27 PM »

Oh and I had pasta tonight.  Sort of a linguini with clam sauce with shrimps, as well as clams. Very nice. And garlic bread is good too.

Tomorrow I will try to make tzatziki again.

Jennifer

« Reply #248 on: November 24, 2003, 08:41:28 PM »

53 more posts to go, 53 more posts to go.

DR Emily, do you have a goddess dance?

Jennifer

« Reply #249 on: November 24, 2003, 08:42:53 PM »

Well I am going to sleep now. Will watch Letterman. I read Kelly Ripa and Clay Aiken are supposed to be on.

Btw, Survivor's Elisabeth was named the new co-host of The View today.

Jennifer

« Reply #250 on: November 24, 2003, 08:45:05 PM »

Good night all. Sorry to whoever I made mad today.  Good vibes to all.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #251 on: November 24, 2003, 08:48:07 PM »

You made somebody mad?  Where in tarnation IS everyone?  Let's have a volley and a flurry, not necessarily in that order.  Some more recipes would be nice, so I can salivate.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #252 on: November 24, 2003, 08:51:53 PM »

I need to turn in, too. I'll be up bright and early to record those Marple movies. I don't want to trust the DVD recorder to do it automatically

Hope to see everyone back here tomorrow.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #253 on: November 24, 2003, 08:53:53 PM »

I gaze up, toward the sky, to seek your face
My heart beats as though time is soon to end
The dazzling mem'ry of our love's first trace
Is in my soul; upon it, I depend
The longing for your touch is much too strong;
A hand, a heart, are joined in perfect bliss.
Happiness is an enchanting song
That I myself could never bear to miss.
Your melody is ringing through my dreams,
A whisper in the moonlight is my guide,
And though your fire glows bright and warm, it seems
Our own passion must now be thrown aside
With absence of anguish, I start anew
Bidding my love a simple, sweet adieu.

Laura II and I sat down and edited it. It's much better than it was. Yay! I am SO getting an A.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2003, 08:55:52 PM by SwishySarah »
...Walk in the sunshine...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #254 on: November 24, 2003, 08:54:11 PM »

Sleepy Hainsies/Kimlets ain't we?  Well, hopefully we'll have some late night goings on.  And be sure to not miss one word of tomorrow's notes because they are chockful of interesting things.

Laura II

« Reply #255 on: November 24, 2003, 09:03:30 PM »

I forgot to answer the question about shopping on Black Friday. Yhe answer is yes. My aunt, bro, and I go shopping almost every year with all of the crowds in Philly. This year, if I get up and out of the house early, I can get a free cashmere scarf at Express (my fave store) with any purchase from 7-11 AM, I believe. What an incentive!

(Btw, don't you love Sarah's sonnet??? It's going to be an away message for me.)
"I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #256 on: November 24, 2003, 09:14:57 PM »

I'm waiting...

Tomovoz

« Reply #257 on: November 24, 2003, 09:21:54 PM »

Congratulations Matt H. Sorry to be so late. I have been out checking on the sinners and checking out they are suitable rewarded. Now to read 6 pages of posts.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #258 on: November 24, 2003, 09:21:54 PM »

I have gone shopping on "Black Friday" before, but it's not a regular thing that I do.  I don't mind crowds, unlike my sister.  She hates the idea of going to Disneyland (she didn't enjoy the couple of times that we've gone because of the crowds) but I can ignore the crowds unless someone talks to me...then I can pay attention.

When I go to the movies, I can usually tune out noisy people and concentrate on the movie, unless I'm with someone who also wants to talk.  Then I have to pay attention to that person (those people) and I miss what happens in the movie.  I don't like it when that happens.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2003, 09:22:39 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #259 on: November 24, 2003, 09:41:03 PM »

Good evening.

What an amazingly lazy day.  I ate.  I shopped.  I ate.  I napped.  I ate.  I'm watching TV.

Alas, no baking.  Hope I don't get whipped with a wet noodle - or other assorted pasta and macaroni product - when I step into the theatre tomorrow "empty-handed".   ;)

Dinner tonight was very nice.  Went to one of my favorite places - I'll be reeking of garlic for DAYS!  I didn't have pasta, but I did have polenta accompanying some amazing lamb sausages and white beans - oh, and broccoletti too!  Garlic, I tell you!  And my dining companion was very nice too.  Good conversation.  Good manners.  And Good looking to boot.   :D  Kind of caught me off guard.  We've been playing phone tag and trading e-mails for the past few weeks, and we finally got to meet tonight.  It was more a business-type meeting than anything else, but having a handsome man to look across the table at was a nice bonus.  All in all, a very nice evening.  He even picked up the tab!  *And that was after I insisted I would buy dinner.  And I even have a nice container of leftovers for tomorrow's lunch.   :D

DR Laura II - You're welcome for the pics and the stories...  He really is a "sweet, affectionate child" as Mrs. Lovett would say.  And he regular tells me, "I Love You, Uncle Jojo."   :D

And thanks to your DRs for your Richmond vibes... In short - and I don't mean to bring the board down - there was a murder yesterday here in Richmond (which might turn out to be a hate crime), and, thankfully, they made an arrest this afternoon.  Let the healing begin.

And just what/who is a CGYOPP?  I must have misssed that one...

OH - And the reviews for CAMELOT are starting to appear on the web... So far, so good... -Yes, I read reviews, good, bad, indifferent...  Growing up "classically", the amount of criticism and hyper-criticism is astounding - and unfortunate.  I developed a thick skin a long time ago.

Oh, and what a lovely number of posts to catch up on... It may seem like I'm lurking, but I'm actually reading.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jason

« Reply #260 on: November 24, 2003, 09:46:35 PM »

I just love "Auntie Mame." Such a great movie! I laughed out loud on more than one ocassion, and I'm sure my neighbors must have thought I'm a total freak. Of course, they probably already think that from the hours they've had to endure listening to me sing showtunes...

Charles P.: You're totally right. Stupid of me to mention it, but just to clarify, it isn't a bootleg. It's a press reel, but I went ahead and removed my first posts about it. I appreciate the concern/warning. Just me not thinking...

Has anyone heard any recent news about the movie coming out with all the interviews of Broadway celebrities? I forget the name of it, but it seems like everyone was supposed to be in it. I kept hearing things about it and then all of a sudden--nothing. Just curious.

MBarnum: Your mail shall go out tomorrow. I promise. I swear it. I'm still having mail issues here at home. I don't know why, but I should have received at least two NetFlix movies and I haven't. I don't know if it's just running slow or if they're being delivered to the wrong address or what. A friend of mine gets his movies in 2 days. I have one that should have been here on the 17th and it STILL isn't here. What's that about?

Emily

« Reply #261 on: November 24, 2003, 09:48:58 PM »

Jennifer, did you notice how Rupert was "unavailable" to do the kicked off Survivor spot of Letterman tonight?

I think this confirms suspicions that the big guy is indeed going to take part in CELEBRITY SURVIVOR! Yippee!  I can't wait to see him threaten Jenna from last season!

BTW we all love you Jennifer very much!  :)
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Emily

« Reply #262 on: November 24, 2003, 09:49:23 PM »

What am I doing up at quarter to one in the morning?  this is sick!  sick I tell you!

Emily

« Reply #263 on: November 24, 2003, 09:50:46 PM »

What is CYGOPP again? (I told you to keep writing what it stands for! :) )

I mean I know it's Andrea's friend. And I know he runs one of McGill's student governments. But for some reason I can never remember what those initials stand for (some type of guy, of some kind of importance? :) )

Jenn, it's "CERTAIN YOUNG GENTLEMAN OF POLITICAL POWER"

write it on a post it or something and stick it to the side of your computer monitor :)

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #264 on: November 24, 2003, 09:58:25 PM »

I am eating Wacky Noodles.  I approve.  I must make these more often

Tomovoz

« Reply #265 on: November 24, 2003, 09:59:11 PM »

Thought this may be of interest:
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #266 on: November 24, 2003, 10:09:14 PM »

May I wish you
A bright and Beautiful Thanksgiving Day?
May the morning
Fill your day with delight,
this beautiful day!
May the laughter
Of a host of happy children
Echo in your ear!
May the music of their voices
Warm you all the year!

Aren't you glad you're alive
This glorious Thanksgiving Day?
Weren't you glad
To see the morning arrive
This glorious day?
Did you notice
That the winter sky was smiling
As you left your bed?
And the winter sun was shining
High above your head?

All the things we take for granted
Every day we live
Today we can acknowledge
With the thanks we give!

So let's give thanks
For the joy of living
On Thnaksgiving Day!
Gather 'round

And give your thanks
With the joy of giving
Today!
And remember
When you watch each winter sunset
Why our thanks are due!-
We give Thanksgiving thanks
For a world that's always new!

Not a holiday that is celebrated here in Oz but I wondered how many DRs were familiar with this song and its source
« Last Edit: November 24, 2003, 10:11:17 PM by Tom from OZ »
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #267 on: November 24, 2003, 10:13:12 PM »

Ann, tell these people more about Wacky Noodles.  Describe them in intimate detail, lovingly.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #268 on: November 24, 2003, 10:15:24 PM »

Hello fellow dear readers. I have been busy all day, but we got a lot done: probate court and banking. Then a 2.5 hour church meeting.

Laura's tip for the day: Write up a will.

Pasta: I like to saute onions, garlic, mushrooms in olive oil. Then toss the pasta with the vegetable mixture, add some fresh grated parmesan cheese and freshly ground pepper.

Poor Sandra. She has a group project due tomorrow (the one about the poem). Her partner has never answered her emails, so who knows what will happen.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #269 on: November 24, 2003, 10:18:19 PM »

Sandra has a partner?  Do tell.  Yummiliscious-sounding recipe, Laura - we knew you could do it.  I may have to try that one on Friday
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up