Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: A REALLY BIG SHEW  (Read 11600 times)

Danise

Re: A REALLY BIG SHEW
« Reply #90 on: March 04, 2012, 05:03:33 PM »

One thing about having a small house, you don't have any closet space so I am constantly taking things to the local Goodwill.  My problem is kitchen gadgets.  I don't know why I have to buy those things but I do. 

At least I don't buy as many cookbooks as i used to.  Now that we have the net, I can look up whatever I want.  I spend a lot time on different web sites looking for something new to try.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #91 on: March 04, 2012, 05:09:25 PM »

i wanted to ask you folks something.  I see Anderson Cooper has a page on Facebook.  I would very much like to say thank you to him for all the wonderful things but I don't want to start anything -- you know feed any animals out there.  Do  you think I should post something?
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Cillaliz

« Reply #92 on: March 04, 2012, 05:20:34 PM »

Having trouble watching TAR.  Nothing makes me more disgusted than bragging macho border patrol agents...I think it's an occupational thing
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 05:38:14 PM by Cillaliz »

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #93 on: March 04, 2012, 05:20:47 PM »

I have been watching some of PHANTOM - but will switch over to The Amazing Race......

Bob Merrill.....I LOVE his songs from New Girl In Town.....

Roll Your Socks Up
Did You Close Your Eyes?
Ain't No Flies on Me

And "Prettybelle"

I Met a Man
Manic Depressives
The No-Tell Motel
When I'm Drunk I'm Beautiful

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jennifer

« Reply #94 on: March 04, 2012, 05:21:22 PM »

I'm watching the 25th Anniversary Phantom of the Opera from the Royal Albert Hall.  They are showing it during our public tv fundraising festival.
I recorded this last night.

John G.

« Reply #95 on: March 04, 2012, 05:21:50 PM »

i wanted to ask you folks something.  I see Anderson Cooper has a page on Facebook.  I would very much like to say thank you to him for all the wonderful things but I don't want to start anything -- you know feed any animals out there.  Do  you think I should post something?

What is your Facebook profile like? Is it private or can anybody read it? If it's private, then I don't see anything wrong with posting anything.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2012, 05:22:16 PM »

Now, I have to force myself to start writing some of my papers.
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2012, 05:26:26 PM »

Danise, I don't think it hurts if you post something, but didn't they give you any contact information through the show so you know that he would see your note?

Cillaliz

« Reply #98 on: March 04, 2012, 05:27:10 PM »

Good point about the private profile.

Danise

« Reply #99 on: March 04, 2012, 05:50:02 PM »

Watching POTO.  It's flat.  Not a good at all. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #100 on: March 04, 2012, 05:53:55 PM »

Danise, I don't think it hurts if you post something, but didn't they give you any contact information through the show so you know that he would see your note?
  Yes but I didn't know if it would be nice to post something on the public board.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #101 on: March 04, 2012, 06:02:14 PM »

I can't help you DR Danise.  The only FB celebrity I'm friends with is Bruce.

Jane

« Reply #102 on: March 04, 2012, 06:03:38 PM »

I downloaded an eBook from my library today I doubt I can read.  The print is extremely small & light.  When I attempt to open the page for size, front, etc all I get is multiple pages from the book lined up at the bottom of the page where the font, etc info should be.

Danise

« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2012, 06:05:01 PM »

It's the FB page for the show.  You just have to look for Anderson Cooper to bring it up.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #104 on: March 04, 2012, 06:08:51 PM »

He appears to have a number of pages.  I went to the one Cilla "likes" & didn't find any comments except under his photos.

Jennifer

« Reply #105 on: March 04, 2012, 06:14:39 PM »

DR Jane re: ebook prices and if they drop.

I definitely don't think that the price of a new book would drop for a while. But if there is a book you want I would say just keep checking. Because I think sometimes the prices change for a very short time.

Since the older books were priced higher I was concerned the price would go up after it was released.  I guess I'll find out for sure in a couple of days.
I have seen where books have been cheaper if you pre-order way in advance. How long till your ebook comes out?  If you see the price drop you can probably get the difference back. But since it only cost three dollars you ae probably good.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #106 on: March 04, 2012, 06:15:08 PM »

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jennifer

« Reply #107 on: March 04, 2012, 06:21:13 PM »

I am guessing that he does not have anything to do with the show's facebook page. If you want to thank the show then i would post there. Can you send private messages to the page?If so this is what I would do. Or I bet the show's website has a contact email and they could forward your message to him. Does he have a personal facebook page?One that he actually writes. I do follow him on twitter and it definitely seems like he does his own tweets.

Michael

« Reply #108 on: March 04, 2012, 06:21:39 PM »

Yes but I didn't know if it would be nice to post something on the public board.

You can always send him a private message and that way no one else will be able to read it.
Never stop dreaming.

Danise

« Reply #109 on: March 04, 2012, 06:28:35 PM »

I think so.  I'm just not sure what the correct protocol is.  I noticed that no other guest on the show has posted and I went back several shows so I'm thinking it might be wrong to do so.  I don't want to do something wrong but I don't know how exactly to say thank you without looking like I'm trying to keep myself in the public eye.  I guess the old fashion card/letter might be the best way to go about it.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #110 on: March 04, 2012, 06:33:00 PM »

DR Jane re: ebook prices and if they drop.

I definitely don't think that the price of a new book would drop for a while. But if there is a book you want I would say just keep checking. Because I think sometimes the prices change for a very short time.

Since the older books were priced higher I was concerned the price would go up after it was released.  I guess I'll find out for sure in a couple of days.
I have seen where books have been cheaper if you pre-order way in advance. How long till your ebook comes out?  If you see the price drop you can probably get the difference back. But since it only cost three dollars you ae probably good.

They will be released in two days.  I'm guessing the $2.99 book is similar in size to the Lisa Gardner book that was also only released as an eBook.  The $9.99 book is the newest novel.   

Jane

« Reply #111 on: March 04, 2012, 06:33:58 PM »

I think so.  I'm just not sure what the correct protocol is.  I noticed that no other guest on the show has posted and I went back several shows so I'm thinking it might be wrong to do so.  I don't want to do something wrong but I don't know how exactly to say thank you without looking like I'm trying to keep myself in the public eye.  I guess the old fashion card/letter might be the best way to go about it.

A card is always nice.

Jane

« Reply #112 on: March 04, 2012, 06:34:52 PM »

He might appreciate an update once the work is done.

Jane

« Reply #113 on: March 04, 2012, 06:35:30 PM »

If you send a card it can be addressed to his staff as well.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #114 on: March 04, 2012, 06:38:05 PM »

I would send him a note by snail mail.  That way he will probably see it, and the creeps won't see it.
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #115 on: March 04, 2012, 06:39:05 PM »

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #116 on: March 04, 2012, 06:40:17 PM »

What about me?
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

« Reply #117 on: March 04, 2012, 06:40:25 PM »

Well, I have almost a paragraph written. And the phone keeps ringing.
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #118 on: March 04, 2012, 06:40:56 PM »

Another vote for snail mail DR DANISE.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: March 04, 2012, 06:41:35 PM »

No, DR Danise. I think you should send him a card at the production office address. It's more personal, and that Facebook page is not run by him; he's far too busy.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up