Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: SHOW FOUR  (Read 9478 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: SHOW FOUR
« Reply #120 on: December 03, 2011, 04:40:54 PM »

Page Five!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: December 03, 2011, 04:41:40 PM »

At least I managed to get us to page five!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #122 on: December 03, 2011, 04:43:25 PM »

I need to start getting ready for bed.  The Big Ten Championship Game starts at 5:00 p.m. West Coast time.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #123 on: December 03, 2011, 04:44:28 PM »

I need to start getting ready for bed.  The Big Ten Championship Game starts at 5:00 p.m. West Coast time.

Last night it was great being all cuddled up in bed watching the PAC 12 Championship.  Nicky liked it, too.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #124 on: December 03, 2011, 04:45:39 PM »

Oh good, Cilla has arrived.  I hope you are okay, young lady, since we haven't seen much of you lately.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #125 on: December 03, 2011, 04:47:53 PM »

TOD: 
I don’t know where to start. The internet has changed things so much but it’s difficult to place one thing over everything else. I think one of the main advantages is that it has saved time. Pre-internet days it was difficult to research things or obtain information about so many things without having to write letters or make lengthy long-distance telephone calls or make personal visits to places. So much is now available at the touch of a keyboard. The computer itself has made it so much easier to type and print copies of documents (anyone remember the days of producing copies of documents by having to use inky stencils?) 

Remember mimeograph machines?  I used to actually *ask* my teachers if I could make the mimeograph copies down in the school office just so I could smell the ink.  Yes, it does explain quite a lot.

The smell made me sick.

I loved it

Cillaliz

« Reply #126 on: December 03, 2011, 04:55:03 PM »

Hi TCB!  I am fine. Just been busy, I guess. Not sure doing what.  I am spending more time practicing my flute as it became crystal clear to me that I needed a lot of practice before our 2 concerts next week.   I'm a lot more confident about the music now

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #127 on: December 03, 2011, 04:55:15 PM »

Go Michigan State!
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #128 on: December 03, 2011, 04:55:52 PM »

There has been some family drama and I'm more involved with some of the daily details of things mom and dad want.  So it's been a little time consuming.  Nothing out of the ordinary

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #129 on: December 03, 2011, 04:56:10 PM »

Hi TCB!  I am fine. Just been busy, I guess. Not sure doing what.  I am spending more time practicing my flute as it became crystal clear to me that I needed a lot of practice before our 2 concerts next week.   I'm a lot more confident about the music now

I think that is great that you have gone back to playing the flute.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #130 on: December 03, 2011, 04:57:06 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #131 on: December 03, 2011, 04:57:25 PM »

I also did some Christmas shopping, have bee reading and playing with the cats

Cillaliz

« Reply #132 on: December 03, 2011, 05:01:02 PM »

I'm glad I went back to playing the flute, but sheesh! I'm no where even close to where I used to be.  At first it really bothered me, now I'm ok with it.  The two people playing first music right now are both young high school band directors.  I'm fine playing second music. I like the harmony and with practice I'm getting all the notes.  I had to find my piccolo for next week.  We're doing a christmas song that has the "Stars and Stripes" piccolo part in it.   Holy moly, it's been even longer since I've played picc.   But it's really fun getting back into it.   

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: December 03, 2011, 05:01:31 PM »

Back from the matinee, which was fun - two-thirds full and a good crowd.  I picked up no packages and an important envelope and now I'm resting until tonight's show.

Cillaliz

« Reply #134 on: December 03, 2011, 05:03:23 PM »

Mom asked what I wanted for Christmas and all I could think of was a nice music stand.  LOL, I have a portable one, but it would be nice to have one to just leave up in the living room and take my portable stand when I need it to play some of the small gatherings we go to.

Cillaliz

« Reply #135 on: December 03, 2011, 05:05:04 PM »

We've had over 3 inches of snow today.  I'm really loving it.  There was no wind so it's really beautiful.  I think I may bundle up and go for a walk to see some of the Christmas lights in the snow.   We've had such nice weather that it seems like EVERYONE has lights....well,  not everyone but lots of people.

Cillaliz

« Reply #136 on: December 03, 2011, 05:05:30 PM »

SO, hope all is well with everyone, I'll be back later

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: December 03, 2011, 05:07:56 PM »

Bruce Pomahac was quite impressed with EILEEN, I am very very very happy to report, and we have a good visit, a very good listen, and an excellent dinner at a steak house across from his apartment at 43rd and 10th. He had a cheeseburger and I had salmon.

I think I'll have some egg nog anf watch tv.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #138 on: December 03, 2011, 05:45:42 PM »

I have a feeling that Ginny left without signing out.

Guilty!  I've actually been puttering and eating dinner and watching TV.  Now we're watching the Big Ten championship.  I really have no preference, but I'll be for Michigan State because Rob's new in-laws went there.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #139 on: December 03, 2011, 05:47:18 PM »

A delivery company knocked on my door today and asked if I could take in a large parcel for next door because there was no reply. I said I'd take care of the parcel and they said they would leave a card to say I had it. My neighbour moved in recently but I don't see much of him. I think he comes from Eastern Europe but he doesn't seem to speak much English - he sort of grunts when I say hello. He hasn't called on me for the parcel so I went round with it to his front door. I saw a light on in the house but as soon as I knocked on the door the light went out. I knocked again - no response, so I came back home. Very odd. I don't know what I'm going to do if he doesn't come to collect the parcel.

Eastern European neighbor... Unclaimed package.......... Light goes out when you knock on the door.

Sounds like a good start for a Alfred Hitchcock film.

LOL - I was thinking a Tom Clancy novel!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #140 on: December 03, 2011, 06:26:02 PM »

Hello 51 Guests!

And now there is only one guest. 

Actually there is only one guest reading today's posts, but there are actually 43 guests viewing the entire board.

Where does it show the number of people viewing?

Click on HHW Community Forums at the top of the page; and then page down to the bottom and you will see the total number of Guests.

I don't know why that should be different than the guest list at the top of the page.  I doubt I will ever go looking there again but thanks for explaining.

Jane

« Reply #141 on: December 03, 2011, 06:27:32 PM »

Thank goodness I didn't run into any ice getting in and out of my car.  It took me close to 15 minutes just to get from my apartment, put the chair in the trunk, and then get into the car.

NO ICE VIBES FOR DR TCB!!!!!

I hope you are wearing shoes with a good grip on the bottom.

Jane

« Reply #142 on: December 03, 2011, 06:27:56 PM »

Hello 51 Guests!

And now there is only one guest. 

Actually there is only one guest reading today's posts, but there are actually 43 guests viewing the entire board.

Where does it show the number of people viewing?

Click on HHW Community Forums at the top of the page; and then page down to the bottom and you will see the total number of Guests.

Did you find it, Jane?

I left to eat dinner.

Jane

« Reply #143 on: December 03, 2011, 06:29:14 PM »

I think that is great that you have gone back to playing the flute.

Ditto.

Jane

« Reply #144 on: December 03, 2011, 06:33:03 PM »

Back from the matinee, which was fun - two-thirds full and a good crowd.  I picked up no packages and an important envelope and now I'm resting until tonight's show.

:)

Jane

« Reply #145 on: December 03, 2011, 06:33:56 PM »

Bruce Pomahac was quite impressed with EILEEN, I am very very very happy to report, and we have a good visit,

:)

Cillaliz

« Reply #146 on: December 03, 2011, 06:50:42 PM »

Decided not to go for a walk tonight.  I"m nice and warm in the house and decided I'd stay that way until tomorrow. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #147 on: December 03, 2011, 06:51:11 PM »

I'm watching "It's a Wonderful Life".   I forgot how much of the movie happens before George jumps off the bridge.

Ginny

« Reply #148 on: December 03, 2011, 06:52:54 PM »

Even though it's a great game, I'm probably not going to see the second half of the Big Ten championship.  5:30am comes pretty early, you know...

Ginny

« Reply #149 on: December 03, 2011, 06:54:53 PM »

'night!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up