Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: LOOKING AT THE WORLD THROUGH ROSE-COLORED GLASSES  (Read 22305 times)

Jennifer

Re:LOOKING AT THE WORLD THROUGH ROSE-COLORED GLASSES
« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2006, 11:51:35 AM »

Wow, it seems like we have been on page 3 forever!

Jennifer

« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2006, 11:54:36 AM »

Did anybody else here watch SURVIVOR last night?

I was really disappointed with the outcome!  Not that I liked Courtney, but I really wanted danielle/courtney/terry to stick to their agreement.

I must say that at the beginning of the season I never thought Cerie (big black woman) would last this long.  But she is persuasive. She totally got danielle to change her mind!  And danielle was dumb enough to fall for it!

I'm hoping that terry and maybe aras will be able to come up with something next week. I really am not getting why nobody wants to vote terry off. I mean they know he has the immunity idol. But someone should force him to play it, by rigging the second highest vote (so it's not them). HE is the strongest player! (although maybe if he hadn't won immunity this week then someone would have tried it?).

Jennifer

« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2006, 11:55:55 AM »

My sister called last night to say baby megan crawled for the first time. Well more like crawl ... splat! :)

I hope she will perform tonight for me. Although last week she learned to clap but would only do so in private!

Jennifer

« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2006, 11:56:53 AM »

Is anyone else going to watch the Daytime Emmys tonight?  I will probably watch the first hour at my sister's house.

Jennifer

« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2006, 11:58:18 AM »

Also i believe there is a new Ghost Whisperer tonight. The blurb in the paper made it sound really good!

It's sort of weird because I can't really fathom that there are people out there who can see dead people. Yet I am totally addicted to both this show and Medium!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2006, 12:06:17 PM »

Is anyone else going to watch the Daytime Emmys tonight?  I will probably watch the first hour at my sister's house.

I doubt it...  but then I again I might tune in to see if Ron Raines wins....

Thank god the writing for Days and Passions was not nominated!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2006, 12:06:49 PM »

Hi everyone, it feels great to be back!

Tuesday was my last day of classes and I had the relief of turning in two huge papers that had been hanging over my head for the past month.  Now I just have one week of my internship left to go and I can say I am completely finished with graduate school.

Jennifer

« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2006, 12:07:14 PM »

Re: last night's SMALLVILLE that DR MattH commented on.

spoilers about last night's show and the show where one cast member dies.

I thought last night was one of the better episodes.  Much of the time I get really bored. But last night I wasn't bored at all.  I always love anytime Chloe works with clark on a case.  And this villain kept my interest.

I do think my favorite show this season was the death episode.  I was so happy when clark finally told lana. ANd i found it really sad when he went back and things changed. It was actually heartbreaking.  I suspect most people were saddened by the actual death. But I was more upset by how everything changed the second time around!

Jennifer

« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2006, 12:08:21 PM »

Re: the daytime emmys

I doubt it...  but then I again I might tune in to see if Ron Raines wins....

Thank god the writing for Days and Passions was not nominated!

I love Young and The Restless. So I watch to see what they win!

Jennifer

« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2006, 12:08:46 PM »

Congrats to DR TPunk!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2006, 12:09:07 PM »

I can't believe that I have such a short time left to work with my kids.  I have come so far in my skills as a therapist during the last nine months and have learned so much from this internship- especially my one on one work with the kids.  It has been so hard talking to them about leaving.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #101 on: April 28, 2006, 12:09:29 PM »

Thanks Jennifer!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #102 on: April 28, 2006, 12:11:38 PM »

I had a job interview last week to work in a similar type of program but with adolescent girls.  It would be great peace of mind to get the job and I think I would do well there- but I won't be broken hearted if I don't get it.  I made a list of pros and cons to keep myself balanced.  As nice as it would be to get a job before I even have my diploma in hand, I think it would be even nicer to have a bit of a break.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #103 on: April 28, 2006, 12:17:34 PM »

Oh, oh, here's a good one

Howard The Duck

Well, on second thought, maybe not  ;)

Did anyone here actually see that movie? I never did but I wonder how truly awful it was?

I never saw the movie, but I won a t-shirt because of it!  Many, many years ago, I was at work listening to the radio (at a time when we were allowed to do that) and a local radio station asked a question about a movie and the first person to call in and answer it correctly, won a radio station t-shirt.  I called and was the first caller to answer it!  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #104 on: April 28, 2006, 12:17:48 PM »

Apparently Rosie O'Donnell is going to replace Meredith Vieira on THE VIEW.  I don't think it's 100% confirmed. But I just read they will announce it tonight at the Daytime Emmys!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #105 on: April 28, 2006, 12:18:42 PM »

DR TPunk: DR Sandra read aloud while we drove last weekend. She read "There's a Boy in the Girls' Bathroom," and I thought of you.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

George

« Reply #106 on: April 28, 2006, 12:19:31 PM »

Apparently Rosie O'Donnell is going to replace Meredith Vieira on THE VIEW.  I don't think it's 100% confirmed. But I just read they will announce it tonight at the Daytime Emmys!

I read that yesterday!  It'll be interesting to watch the dynamic of the show when she joins. :) I loved Rosie's talk show and watched it all the way to the end.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #107 on: April 28, 2006, 12:19:41 PM »

Interesting,,,, a dog I used to have loved grapes and cheese.

We had a foster kitten that ate Q-tips and styrofoam packing peanuts.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #108 on: April 28, 2006, 12:24:29 PM »

Oh holy crap!  But how are they going to make her wear make-up?

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #109 on: April 28, 2006, 12:26:33 PM »

DR TPunk: DR Sandra read aloud while we drove last weekend. She read "There's a Boy in the Girls' Bathroom," and I thought of you.

I just looked this up at BN.com- it sounds like a good story, maybe something to use with my older kids.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #110 on: April 28, 2006, 12:28:08 PM »

We had a foster kitten that ate Q-tips and styrofoam packing peanuts.

Killbot adores Q-tips but doesn't eat them.  Walty loves to eat plastic.  I have to admire his committment, no matter how many times he throws up after ingesting it, he continues to follow his passion and eat as much as he can get his hands on.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: April 28, 2006, 12:28:10 PM »

Oh holy crap!  But how are they going to make her wear make-up?

Maybe she'll wrestle with Star Jones over Star's beard, husband, whatever he is!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #112 on: April 28, 2006, 12:30:41 PM »

Maybe she'll wrestle with Star Jones over Star's beard, husband, whatever he is!

Or invite him to come on her cruise.

I'm sorry, so catty.  I LOVED Rosie on her talk show and I am very interested to see what she'll do differently now that she is out.  But I have such a negative image of her in my head from everything I heard about (and experienced one night at) Taboo.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 12:31:06 PM by TPunk »

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #113 on: April 28, 2006, 12:36:01 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]! ! ! ! !  CONGRATUALTIONS TO DR TPUNK  ! ! ! ! ![/move]
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: April 28, 2006, 12:39:28 PM »

I attended the Daytime Emmys a few years ago in NY. An experience totally wasted on me in terms of celebrity sightings, as I don't watch daytime TV. A Showtime film I wrote was up - why for a daytime Emmy, you may ask (as I did)... It seems that aside from the regular Prime Time showings, it was snuck in at some strange hour to make it eligible for daytime (as were a number of other excellent films). ...So we were lucky enough to win and marched onstage. I have no idea who handed over the award. I know she's well-known in daytime, but she was just another pretty face to me. That, actually, was the overall impression I got of the daytime celebrity crowd - very pretty - both the men and the women. Our film did well - picking up, among other things, a best actress, best director and best film award in its category. My date, unfortunately, was someone I didn't know terribly well, but who happened to live in NY. He was not in the business of show and had a TERRIBLE time. Was bored out of his mind. Which, naturally, annoyed me. Here I was all hyped up, dolled up, and excited. And this man sitting beside me is yawning and checking his watch. Too bad I didn't know DR Elmore back then. What a sparkling couple we would have made!

Okay - back to the most boring task in the world. Getting stuff ready for my accountant for my corporate taxes. If there's anyone in the world who keeps sloppier records than I, she wins a prize. And then once a year it catches up with me and I have to turn the house upside down to find everything. It's all there - somewhere. And I moved six months ago to make things even more interesting.

George

« Reply #115 on: April 28, 2006, 12:39:57 PM »

Or invite him to come on her cruise.

I'm sorry, so catty.  I LOVED Rosie on her talk show and I am very interested to see what she'll do differently now that she is out.  But I have such a negative image of her in my head from everything I heard about (and experienced one night at) Taboo.

Experienced??  Do tell!

Ginny

« Reply #116 on: April 28, 2006, 12:50:30 PM »

Friday afternoon greetings!  My week of Foundation Center-ing is complete.  Today was a meeting of people from all over the midwest who have the same kind of job I have.  It was pretty poorly attended, but we did have one person here from Terre Haute, Indiana, and another from Minot, North Dakota.  Saw some of the Spiderman 3 filming activity, but nothing major.  Did hear some great stories from people who work in that building about things they've seen over the past several days.

TOD - CD(car) - audiobook, The Jane Austen Book Club, by Karen Joy Fowler.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #117 on: April 28, 2006, 12:51:36 PM »

Congratulations to DR TPunk on completing graduate school!

Congratulations to The Vixter on being one point short of perfect - I'd call her perfect.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #118 on: April 28, 2006, 12:56:19 PM »

So TPunk, does this mean that you are almost graduated from Grad school? That is wonderful!!

MBarnum

« Reply #119 on: April 28, 2006, 12:57:11 PM »

And Vixmom, I am so very happy for Vixter's almost perfection!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up