Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: LOOKING AT THE WORLD THROUGH ROSE-COLORED GLASSES  (Read 22190 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
LOOKING AT THE WORLD THROUGH ROSE-COLORED GLASSES
« on: April 28, 2006, 12:22:56 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were rose-colored, and now it is time for you to post until the rose-colored cows come home.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 12:26:42 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:LOOKING AT THE WORLD THROUGH ROSE-COLORED GLASSES
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 12:23:11 AM »

And the word of the day is: ALABASTER!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 12:33:40 AM »

My sister had put a new light over her dining room table in her old house before she moved into her new house.  I'm now renting her old house.  The problem was that she loved the light in the dining room of what is now my house.  It's black iron and sort of sleek and has simple lines (whatever that means) and has a "faux alabaster" glass shade.  She loves that "faux alabaster" look (and I have to admit, that I like it too ;)).  Anyway, a couple of months ago, she said that we HAD to swap the light fixtures right then and there because she wanted her favorite light in her house...she paid for it and she wanted it.  So we switched the lights.  The one I got is brass (she hates brass fixtures) and takes five bulbs.  I don't really mind it at all, except that I can't find the light bulbs that I want.  But the point of the story is that the glass shade of the light fixture that she loves was "faux alabaster" and the word of the day is "ALABASTER."  Just had to share. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 12:34:54 AM »

I just had to post this....

« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 12:36:17 AM by DakotaCelt »
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 12:39:45 AM »

That's cute, DakotaCelt. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 12:42:39 AM »

Topic of the Day:

In my VCR:  nothing.  I have now caught up on all of the shows that I've taped over the last week and have no idea (yet) what I'm going to watch tonight.  I may need to tape some thing(s), but I have time before I need to find out.

In my DVD player:  I've only watched a little bit of Jerry Springer:  The Opera (mainly some of the bonus stuff), but none of Taboo that I got this week.  Hopefully, I'll be able to take some time to watch them this weekend.  I also have a couple of DVDs from Netflix.

In my CD player at work:  a whole bunch of things that I can't think of, but the ones that I can think of are a couple of compilation CDs that I'm putting together for myself.  I collect and assemble them on my harddrive then burn them in onto a CD-RW so that I can listen to them and change things without wasting non-re-recordable CDs.  I've gotten both pretty much in the order that I want them.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 12:43:37 AM by George »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 12:45:28 AM »

Media check at this hour of the Morning/night:

DVD: nothing at hte moment... could change as the day progesses
CD: Long Journey Home: The Chieftains; The Essential Chieftains
VHS: Are you being Served?"
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006, 12:48:03 AM »

A quesion...

I have no clue what got me thinking on this but here it goes:

ARe both Lorna Luft and Liza Minnelli Judy Garland's daughters?

George

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2006, 12:51:11 AM »

When I got home from work yesterday, I watched "Will & Grace" and then switched over to "American Inventor" (I don't know why).  Anyway, during that and part of "Commander and Chief," I cleaned up all of the recycling that had been piling up in my dining room for quite a while and put it in a really big box and set it out.  This morning is the recycling day.  I had a huge box of mixed paper and about half as much again in cardboard...and the regular trash, of course.  Trash is every Friday morning and recycling is every other Friday.  That took a long time, but it was very much needed.  Now I'm a little inspired to clean the rest of my living/dining room areas.  And maybe the rest of my house. ;D

George

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2006, 12:53:08 AM »

A quesion...

I have no clue what got me thinking on this but here it goes:

ARe both Lorna Luft and Liza Minnelli Judy Garland's daughters?

Yes, they are.  They have different fathers, of course.  Sid Luft and Vincent Minnelli.  Also, Lorna has a brother from the same father.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 12:54:39 AM by George »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2006, 12:54:56 AM »

My computer room is in dire need of my finishing what I started....

We have clean up week the first week of Fargo adn I need to haul an old monitor to the disposal place. We can't put them on the curb...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2006, 12:56:18 AM »

Yes, they are.  They have different fathers, of course.  Sid Luft and Vincent Minnelli.  Also, Lorna has a brother from the same father.

Now I understand... Is Lorna's brother also Judy's son?

George

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2006, 12:56:23 AM »

A couple of years ago, I got rid of an old monitor that had to have been at least 10 years old!  I don't remember how much we had to pay to take it to the dump, but it didn't seem to be cheap.

George

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2006, 12:57:27 AM »

Now I understand... Is Lorna's brother also Judy's son?

Yes.  They are "full" brother (I forget his name) and sister to each other and they are Liza's half-brother and half-sister.

Tomovoz

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2006, 12:58:00 AM »

TOTD:
DVD: Howl's Moving Castle (which I found to be the least satisfying of the SG movies - I have 12).
CDs: Bobby McFerrin "Paper Music"
         "Beautiful Dreamer" Songs of Stephen Foster.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2006, 01:00:19 AM »

A couple of years ago, I got rid of an old monitor that had to have been at least 10 years old!  I don't remember how much we had to pay to take it to the dump, but it didn't seem to be cheap.

The city has a place where we can dispose of them during clean up week free of charge.

George

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2006, 01:01:18 AM »

"Beautiful Dreamer" Songs of Stephen Foster.

If you (or anyone) ever need sheet music, I have a collection of EVERYTHING Stephen Foster ever wrote or arranged. :) Numbered, limited edition, too.

Tomovoz

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2006, 01:01:43 AM »

Forgot:  We also watched "Liza with a Z" last night.  I'd never seen it before.  I'm not really a Liza fan (nor really a Judy one either).  
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2006, 01:01:50 AM »

Yes.  They are "full" brother (I forget his name) and sister to each other and they are Liza's half-brother and half-sister.

Now I understand... Thanks for clarifying it for me George.

George

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2006, 01:02:48 AM »

The disposal was based on weight, so I think everything that we got rid of all added up to what seemed (to me) to be a bit of money.

George

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2006, 01:04:24 AM »

I thoroughly enjoyed "Liza With a Z."

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2006, 01:06:53 AM »

If you (or anyone) ever need sheet music, I have a collection of EVERYTHING Stephen Foster ever wrote or arranged. :) Numbered, limited edition, too.

Cool!! I like his music...

Oddly Iam a popular person on a soapboard... I have the sheet music for three different songs that were used in the 80s. Two of them I got  by accident and one I got as a gift and it is autographed.

Tomovoz

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2006, 01:06:55 AM »

Thanks George. Musician I am NOT.
I can recommend the Cd though - Beth Nielsen Chapman, Roger McGuinn, Susy Bogguss, Alison Krauss et al.
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2006, 01:07:56 AM »

Thanks George. Musician I am NOT.
I can recommend the Cd though - Beth Nielsen Chapman, Roger McGuinn, Susy Bogguss, Alison Krauss et al.

I like Beth Nielsen Chapman, Suzy Bogguss and Alison Krauss.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2006, 01:09:26 AM »

Lyrics from All I Have....   (BEth Nielsen Chapman)

You can say you love me
And I'll believe that's true
Trusting you is easy
'Cause I believe in you
There is nothing I would miss
As long as we're in love like this

CHORUS:
All I have is all I need
And it all comes down to you and me
How far away this world becomes
In the harbor of each others arms

I feel like I've known you forever and ever
Baby that's how close we are
Right here with you is where my life has come together
And where love has filled my heart
You know I'd go anywhere
As long as I have you to care

CHORUS

Ooh-and with the love you bring
I never want for anything
I found what I've been searching for in you

CHORUS

___

For classic soap fans this was the song that Days once used for Jack and Jennifer...
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 01:13:17 AM by DakotaCelt »

Tomovoz

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2006, 01:11:20 AM »

The first song I heard from B N-C. Beautiful.
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2006, 01:11:31 AM »

Cool!! I like his music...

Oddly Iam a popular person on a soapboard... I have the sheet music for three different songs that were used in the 80s. Two of them I got  by accident and one I got as a gift and it is autographed.

That's great!  I have quite a bit of sheet music (shh...don't tell anyone, but a lot of them are photocopies), and quite a bit of songbooks and vocal scores.  I have every Stephen Sondheim piano/vocal score that's available...that I know of. :D

George

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2006, 01:12:39 AM »

Well, I'm all tuckered out...I must be off to bed.

Good night, DakotaCelt and good evening, Tomovoz.

Tomovoz

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2006, 01:14:26 AM »

Nite George.  It's just after 6.00pm here.
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2006, 01:17:55 AM »

That's great!  I have quite a bit of sheet music (shh...don't tell anyone, but a lot of them are photocopies), and quite a bit of songbooks and vocal scores.  I have every Stephen Sondheim piano/vocal score that's available...that I know of. :D

I have a whole box of sheet music that is from the 1970s.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up