Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE COCK CROWS  (Read 13324 times)

Cillaliz

Re: THE COCK CROWS
« Reply #210 on: June 14, 2011, 08:24:18 PM »

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #211 on: June 14, 2011, 08:29:52 PM »

;D
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #212 on: June 14, 2011, 08:30:31 PM »

Sounds like everyone has been having a super cool time.
 ;)
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #213 on: June 14, 2011, 08:31:26 PM »

Vibes  :) and love  :-* from this errant and truant person.

Sam

« Reply #214 on: June 14, 2011, 08:36:09 PM »

Spent a couple of days feeling sorry for myself.  The guy and I broke up twice last week.  So we are now on an extended break.  We'll see if either of us calls first.

Someone with 20 yrs in AA should not be in love with a practicing drinker. 
We are from the same world but from different planets in life.

I really had a good time, it will and is deeply missed.  :'(

Laura

« Reply #215 on: June 14, 2011, 08:38:13 PM »

Aww, Sam. I'm sorry.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Sam

« Reply #216 on: June 14, 2011, 08:39:28 PM »

Looking forward to bk's booksigning Saturday.  Will drive in from Ventura to Glendale for the day, hope it's not too hot.  

It's very foggy here right now, and cool.

Starting to get to know all the regulars that hang out on Main St., I'm trying to walk everyday.  

Would like to take off another 10 lbs.  Get down to 115 for my small frame would be perfect.

Sam

« Reply #217 on: June 14, 2011, 08:40:35 PM »

Thanks Laura.  :)

We had such a good time together, it was fun.

Sam

« Reply #218 on: June 14, 2011, 08:49:33 PM »

I was by myself from June 2002 (when my husband passed away) till March of this year.   I'll be ok alone.

The bad thing about Ventura is that it really is a bar town. 
The good thing about Ventura is that the AA meeting is across the street from me.
And it has a really good looking man .

Sam

« Reply #219 on: June 14, 2011, 08:50:14 PM »

Must go, need to get this phone call.

Mega vibes for everyone.

Lots of love. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #220 on: June 14, 2011, 09:40:10 PM »

Finished with my viewing for the evening.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #221 on: June 14, 2011, 11:11:42 PM »

I have finished AS YOU LIKE IT and must agree with DR Elmore that it's not my favorite Shakespeare comedy.  Just as when I was taking a Shakespeare course in college, I would not have gotten through just reading - listening helped a great deal.  Forty years ago, I'd go to the listening lab in the library and use LPs and huge headsets.  Tonight, I used a 2-CD version and the Sennheiser earphones that I bought at Tekserve in NYC.
I love As You Like It. I read it in the seventh grade and it was the play that turned me on to Shakespeare in a serious, never-look-back way. I had read Romeo and Juliet in the second grade and had no problem with the language. I grew up in a household that still reads the King James Bible, so the verbiage of a previous generation is not that far away.

Still, I picked up As You Like It a few years later and never looked back. I loved the comedy then and still thrill at the scene when all declare their misbegotten love, with Rosalind ending with "And I for no woman."

I wish I could take you back to the early 1970s and a life that has been differently lived since then so you could understand what that kind of comic mayhem would cause.   

It also helped that the year I read the play, I discovered a free Shakespeare in the Park that was presenting As You Like, Macbeth (which I also read that year because it was short) and Measure for Measure, which I hadn't read. The free part intrigued my parents, and we continued to go throughout my high school and some of my college years. They loved it, but they would never go without me. Somehow that made me sad.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #222 on: June 15, 2011, 12:11:35 AM »

Sam, am truly sorry. Vibes for a healthier match next time.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #223 on: June 15, 2011, 12:14:02 AM »

Am sad to say I think I discovered the cause of the high blood sugar (after the steroid and corn-soaked medicines). It's a lack of exercise. I swam twice yesterday and had the lowest blood sugar reading I've had so far, despite breaking the diet and having some nicities like fresh pineapple and coconut water.

I swam for more than an hour today plus some time in the ocean and some time in the hot tub. Let's see what tomorrow's readings bring.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up