Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: IN MY ELEMENT  (Read 4994 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re: IN MY ELEMENT
« Reply #150 on: March 21, 2014, 09:03:28 PM »

And our library is proud to have KING KONG ESCAPES and ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE available for rent. Now, how many other libraries can say that?
"proud" might not be the right world.

Maybe "honored?"

maybe "reluctantly admits to"

:)
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: March 21, 2014, 09:04:28 PM »

Back from another long day - had a great lunch with David Wechter, then went directly to another day and evening of mixing and hiding problems.  And I have to say we have done so - right now, there are two tracks where I might want to replace just about eight bars in each track, although I can live with them the way they are.  Other than that, depending on whether I actually want to use play outs (we recorded all of them) - if I don't, then so far we only have one short horn redo - if I do, then we've got three short horn redos.  But it's day two's stuff that will tell the tale, but whatever it is we will have MUCH less to do than I thought and most likely with great players, we'll be able to do it in one three hour session or less.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #152 on: March 21, 2014, 09:20:25 PM »

DR Ryacko -  I am so sorry for your loss - it sounds as if your Mom was a remarkable woman.  May the celebration of her life and reveling in those memories bring you some peace and comfort
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #153 on: March 21, 2014, 09:35:38 PM »

My condolences to DR Ryacko.  Your mother's letter is something to cherish always.  You and your family are in my thoughts and my prayers.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #154 on: March 21, 2014, 09:52:26 PM »

They've started buying Blu and Rays at the library here. A few of the more select titles, like Frances Ha, were only on Blu-Ray. Now it seems to be a mix of the two and the question is, which one is going to come in faster. I've been waiting forever it seems for The Long Ranger Blu-Ray -- and I want to see it only because the star, Armie Hammer, lives here in town and is fairly nice guy.

Armie Hammer is also a hottie!
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: March 21, 2014, 09:54:04 PM »

There was indeed a problem with the eBook of Red Gold - it will get fixed next week - for now, they've discontinued it.

ChasSmith

« Reply #156 on: March 21, 2014, 09:59:29 PM »

Okay, I'll wait, then that will be my tryout of Kindle. 

ChasSmith

« Reply #157 on: March 21, 2014, 09:59:52 PM »

Or, I should say, the Kindle APP.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #158 on: March 21, 2014, 10:14:47 PM »

Congratulations to TCB on your milestone!
You have one coming up shortly.

Well, it's a very modest milestone, but thanks for noticing, DR JohnG!

Now, now, Kevin; size doesn't matter.
“One thing’s universal,

ChasSmith

« Reply #159 on: March 21, 2014, 10:20:43 PM »

A bit quiet here tonight?

ChasSmith

« Reply #160 on: March 21, 2014, 10:20:54 PM »

I do need to turn in soon, myself.

ChasSmith

« Reply #161 on: March 21, 2014, 10:21:06 PM »

But first, remind me to fire that chauffeur.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: March 21, 2014, 10:37:11 PM »

The thing about the Kindle version they did - it's absolutely right - and that's a first - it's literally the book in Kindle form, with all of its correct fonts - that part is great but because of their very weird specs in turning in the pdf - Grant has to position the 6x9 book in the middle of an 8 1/2 x 11 page, and that's why the eBook has so much white space around the text.  So, what Grant feels may work perfectly is for him to send them a pdf of the actual 6x9 size - then that should translate to full pages on the Kindle.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #163 on: March 21, 2014, 11:24:51 PM »

Back from another long day - had a great lunch with David Wechter, then went directly to another day and evening of mixing and hiding problems.  And I have to say we have done so - right now, there are two tracks where I might want to replace just about eight bars in each track, although I can live with them the way they are.  Other than that, depending on whether I actually want to use play outs (we recorded all of them) - if I don't, then so far we only have one short horn redo - if I do, then we've got three short horn redos.  But it's day two's stuff that will tell the tale, but whatever it is we will have MUCH less to do than I thought and most likely with great players, we'll be able to do it in one three hour session or less.

That's great, BK!  And I think you should use the play outs.  It should be a truly "complete" recording. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #164 on: March 21, 2014, 11:28:06 PM »

There was indeed a problem with the eBook of Red Gold - it will get fixed next week - for now, they've discontinued it.

I had ordered it, but was able to return it for a full refund.  I'll reorder it when it's fixed.  It is, however, still listed on Amazon.com.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #165 on: March 21, 2014, 11:34:16 PM »

This evening after I left work and fed my friend's cats, I went to Fred Meyer and bought a couple of sheets.  Tomorrow night, Theater Artists Olympia (TAO), the theater group whose board I'm on, is having a toga party fund raiser and I'm going to use the sheets to make a toga for the toga party!  I bought two in case I'll need to sew them together to make it long enough to wrap all the way around myself thoroughly.  I will also wear a t-shirt and jeans shorts under it.  I don't show skin.

;)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up