Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BLOOMIN' GOR BLIMEY NOTES  (Read 19643 times)

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
Re:THE BLOOMIN' GOR BLIMEY NOTES
« Reply #210 on: April 16, 2005, 11:45:34 PM »

Hello everyone!  My profound apologies for being so E&T this week.  Between overtime at work and doing Elijah with the Seattle Symphony  , I've barely had time for sleep!  I've done a quick skimming of the last few days of notes, so now I'm at least partially caught up.  I'll try to do better now.

I am also doing Elijah right now. We'll be performing it on May 1. Are you playing in the orchestra or are you singing Ann?
There is no music without silence, only noise...

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
« Reply #211 on: April 16, 2005, 11:49:05 PM »

I also must make a disclaimer on my earlier Relay for Life comments. The $5000 and $13000 were the totals for all the teams at the Ball State Relay for Life. Individual teams were much lower. I want to set up a committee to handle the details for next years relay so our team can raise quite a bit more money.

I must be off to bed. I have to be up in 6 hours! Goodnight.
There is no music without silence, only noise...

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #212 on: April 16, 2005, 11:51:13 PM »

It's funny how the lack of really good songwriting today causes one to adjust one's past standards. My dad used to listen to Paul Simon's "Still Crazy After All These Years" LP all the time when I was a kid, and I didn't much care for it. I put it on today, same exact copy, in fact, and the sensation overwhelmed me: who is writing songs for adults like this anymore?

Tomovoz

« Reply #213 on: April 16, 2005, 11:58:22 PM »

Paul Simon and Randy Newman are still writing quality material.  I think I'm the only one buying it though!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up