Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down

Author Topic: ABBREVIATED  (Read 38122 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:ABBREVIATED
« Reply #330 on: July 20, 2008, 11:01:06 PM »

I guess I'll write some notes.  I'm kind of hungry but thankfully there's nothing whatsoever in the house.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #331 on: July 20, 2008, 11:01:22 PM »

Well, no one can say we didn't get to page twelve.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #332 on: July 20, 2008, 11:27:42 PM »

File this in the "How Hollywood Thinks" file...

500-000 Pounds?-Mr-Spielberg- Sorry-Ive-got-date-Beeb- says-new-Dr-Who-writer

A couple of quotes...

<SNIP>

Now, let's see...

The Hollywood insider hasn't heard of Doctor Who, which has been around for almost forever in one form or another, and in it's current form is one of the biggest hits on the BBC, getting ratings of something like forty-six and a half percent of the audience, which here in America is something American Idol has trouble achieving.

How much does anyone want to bet the exact same Hollywood insider has never heard of Tintin, either, except as some project that Spielberg is interested in?  (And Tintin has been around longer than the Doctor!)

In fact, let's conduct a little poll.  Some honesty here, please:

Who out there has heard of Doctor Who, prior to reading this post?

Who out there has heard of Tintin, same criterea?

And who do you love more, Snowy or K9?

I'd heard of Doctor Who when I was much younger, but never watched it until the "new" Doctor Who started with Christopher Eccleston.  I've known about Tintin for a long time, but I've never been a fan.  At the library where I work, we get just about every new edition.

So...K9, all the way!

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JulieC40

• Always keep your options open!
« Reply #333 on: July 20, 2008, 11:34:53 PM »

Okay, it's 11:25 p.m. here in the lovely Pacific Northwest.  Got home about 10:30 p.m. from the Ringo Starr concert.  It was amazing!  That man is 68 years old but one would never know it.  He looks fantastic!  Since it was an outside concert there was a couple of obnoxious beer drinkers but they weren't as bad as at some concerts I've been too.  Did have to wait in a really long line in the hot sun for about 45 minutes so that part wasn't fun but other than that it was worthwhile definitely!

Now, since I worked that one week for a temporary service and they cut me out of that job, I may have to week an extra week for the unemployment to kick in again...oy!  I have to call tomorrow to find out about it before we leave for New York tomorrow night.  Just something extra to have to worry about.

Then my teeth have been extra sensitive today and hurting.  After eating, they were a little worse but then seemed to lessen.  After concert came home, were really aching on the bottom left then realized it might have been the light ice cream I just ate (dummy me)! *Ha!*  

Anyhow please think positive vibes or pray or whatever everybody does that my teeth don't bother me while in New York.  Will check in tomorrow before I leave.  Flight isn't until 11:59 p.m.  Will be sleeping on the plan if we're not too excited!  Just checking in.  Night, all! :)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #334 on: July 20, 2008, 11:54:56 PM »

~~~Teeth and Travel Vibes for JulieC40!!~~~

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up