Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: A LETHARGIC LUMP OF NOTHING MUCH  (Read 3710 times)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
Re: A LETHARGIC LUMP OF NOTHING MUCH
« Reply #150 on: October 03, 2020, 08:48:10 PM »

Good night.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: October 03, 2020, 09:30:39 PM »

Honeydew is really hitting the spot.  I did cool the house down while at Gelson's.  Listening to the symphonies of Henri Sauget - very good and interesting composer.  The second symphony seems to have been playing for HOURS and yet I'm only 33-minutes into its 49-minute first half.  The second half is 39-minutes. 

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #152 on: October 03, 2020, 10:28:36 PM »

For Banned Books Week, I'm reading a YA novel called Speak, which gets challenged because it's about a girl who gets raped at a party. Think about that. We would rather cover these incidents up than deal with the fact that sexual assault happens to 20% of women.

That was an excellent book.  I think parent's wanting it banned should read it.

The first question a librarian asks when someone challenges a book is, "Have you read it?  All the way through?"  The answer is usually NO.

::)

Jane

« Reply #153 on: October 03, 2020, 10:29:52 PM »

I had planned to watch something good tonight, and was all rarin’ to go — when, in browsing through the movie shelves, I ended up cleaning up and reorganizing some things and never got to the watching part. And that turned out to be just as satisfying.

That's funny.

Jane

« Reply #154 on: October 03, 2020, 10:35:08 PM »

I agree wholeheartedly with BK about the lethargy. Ugh! It's starting to cool down here, but much more slowly than forecast. Our air quality is still unhealthy, too. And how can one not react emotionally to all the news events this past week?

I asked my brother about the air quality and he was surprised since he was able to jog and play tennis.  Normally he is sensitive to unhealthy air.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #155 on: October 03, 2020, 11:31:39 PM »

Thank you for the kind words regarding Sasha. She should be coming home tomorrow after her final check up.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #156 on: October 03, 2020, 11:37:47 PM »

Sasha is 13 months old.  She is a Domestic Shorthair.  I haven’t found out where she came from, but since they know her birthday, I am thinking she may have come from an abandoned litter.  She loves head and ear rubs, as I quickly found out during our time together,
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #157 on: October 03, 2020, 11:52:59 PM »

Well - some people keep shooting themselves in the foot.  Theatre Drama story to follow......

Our 60th season is next year (fingers crossed) - we kept ONE of the shows from this canceled season 'You Can't Take It With You' because it is popular with our audiences and a great opportunity for a LARGE cast and lots of folks to participate.

We jettisoned the other three.

The one Off-Board Director who was to direct the August musical about a princess and a pea....was told.....although we weren't going to mention it until the official announcement later this month.

He exploded and said some very hurtful things to other folks (they were all in that DREAM at the Park).  He accused us of purposely not doing HIS show because he had it all planned, etc.  Of course he had also precast the lead.  All summer both of them on their Facebook pages lamented the fact that they weren't going to get to provide audiences with the best entertainment that had ever been presented at said theater EVER!!!

Of course said precast "actress" was the one who had quit the "Flowers" play last year and is married to one of the goofs that caused all of that trouble last year.

He had at first decided he was coming to the annual meeting and nominated himself to be a member of the board so he could "clean this place up."  I would have handed him a broom.

He has now stated that he wants to attend our regular board meeting - following the annual meeting - and present his case for us including "his" musical on the program......

I like it better when the drama is onstage....ALL onstage.

The End.

~~~Vibes of Coping for Jrand!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #158 on: October 03, 2020, 11:53:14 PM »

Hi, Tom.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #159 on: October 03, 2020, 11:56:35 PM »

I've been home all day, doing practically nothing except I picked up Neve's ashes!  I've been waiting for the vet to call to let me know that they were ready, but they never called me, so I finally called them.  They did have them, and now I have them.

George

« Reply #160 on: October 03, 2020, 11:57:39 PM »

Here's a picture of the box:

George

« Reply #161 on: October 03, 2020, 11:58:27 PM »

And here are her paw prints:

George

« Reply #162 on: October 04, 2020, 12:01:50 AM »

I had them use Neve's previous name on the paw prints because I decided that I would give that to her original owner who had had Neve (Nevaeh, which is heaven spelled backwards) for 15 years.  She sent me an e-mail and told me that had to give her to her mom because she was having problems and couldn't keep Nevaeh. 

George

« Reply #163 on: October 04, 2020, 12:02:20 AM »

Then her mom didn't really seem to take care of her as well as she should so Larry, my sister's boyfriend, got her and when he went into the hospital and couldn't take care of her, I got her.

George

« Reply #164 on: October 04, 2020, 12:05:00 AM »

Anyway, I didn't expect a big plaque on the box, so it has Nevaeh instead of Neve...which is fine. 

George

« Reply #165 on: October 04, 2020, 12:05:37 AM »

I'll e-mail Neve's original owner and let her know that if she wants the paw prints, she can have them. 
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up