Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: UNSEEMLY BUTTOCKS  (Read 20260 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:UNSEEMLY BUTTOCKS
« Reply #150 on: March 13, 2005, 09:18:06 PM »

OK - I believe my "squatting" time has come to an end here at Jou Jou Cafe...  -They keep opening the front door to air out the place - to let the cold air in - since they're baking up some fresh goodies for the late night staff across the street at the hospital...

And I've used up a good chunk of battery power too on my laptop too...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #151 on: March 13, 2005, 09:19:40 PM »

Hmmm... I'm thinking Lower East Side for tomorrow.  Maybe the Donut Plant.  Indian food.  2nd Ave Deli.  Pizza.  Maybe take the N or the R over to Brooklyn.  The Chip Shop.  Fried Twinkies!  Fried Mars Bars!  Fried Snickers!

The possibilities are endless...

;)

Laters... from the apartment...
Make Your Own Luck.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #152 on: March 13, 2005, 09:31:38 PM »

Impression from California:
Well, driving down to LA from the North was awesome. I like how people out there are like, "it will be a pretty boring drive". Of course it was scenic and gorgeous the entire way (except my ill-fated stop in Ventura to get gas). I think you need to have driven through Illinois to understand what a boring drive really is.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #153 on: March 13, 2005, 09:45:08 PM »

OH!

And Welcome Back to NYC, DR Rodzinski!

Would you like a Cream Puff?

Shame on you, Jose.  Rodzinski has a girl friend!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: March 13, 2005, 09:49:03 PM »

I remember John very well.

And of course MBarnum's paperback covers were splendidly splendid.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #155 on: March 13, 2005, 10:02:17 PM »

Well, driving down to LA from the North was awesome. I like how people out there are like, "it will be a pretty boring drive". Of course it was scenic and gorgeous the entire way (except my ill-fated stop in Ventura to get gas). I think you need to have driven through Illinois to understand what a boring drive really is.
I'm going to assume you didn't go through Bakersfield.

::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #156 on: March 13, 2005, 10:07:34 PM »

On the plane, the movie was FINDING NEVERLAND, which I had mildly wanted to see, recommended as it was, by the Gal.

Well, it was okay. I mean, after about 20 minutes, it is all there. The wife is cold and unpleasant. The kids are fun and intelligent, except for the morose one who needs to learn to BELIEVE. The kids' mom is sick. Her mom is The Villain...

Generally well-acted, especially by the youngsters, who tear up nicely,  Is Dustin Hoffman supposed to be English or not? I dunno. All told, just okay, but needed more bite to it.  

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #157 on: March 13, 2005, 10:10:02 PM »

I'm going to assume you didn't go through Bakersfield.

::)

Ha! No, that route is a little more Illinois-esque. I once drove from Tucson to Sacramento in one day, going through the desert, and coming out in Bakersfield. Poor Bakersfield.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #158 on: March 13, 2005, 10:24:21 PM »

FINDING NEVERLAND was one of my favourite movies of the year.  It, SIDEWAYS, and THE HOUSE OF FLYING DAGGERS.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #159 on: March 13, 2005, 10:27:28 PM »

Or I-80 across the top of Ohio.  I've done the drive a few times, and I don't really remember any major city right off the interstate.  Lots of Rest Areas, but no major cities, landmarks, building, etc.  "Are we there yet?"

Or across Texas.  Three times.  On a bus.  With 28 other actors and musicians.  And no matches in the bathroom.  :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #160 on: March 13, 2005, 10:31:01 PM »

OOhhh... Just read this on the AP Wire:

Mario Vazquez Drops Out of 'American Idol'[/i]

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Fan favorite Mario Vazquez withdrew from "American Idol" on Sunday, and producers called in the son of a baseball Hall of Famer as backup.

Vazquez, 27, cited "personal reasons" for his withdrawal and no other details were available, Fox announced in a statement. The New York City singer, who works with emerging musical artists, had been picked by many fans and three fellow finalists as a favorite to win the competition.

Fox bumped Nikko Smith, the son of baseball great Ozzie Smith, into Vazquez's spot because Smith got more votes than Travis Tucker when both were voted off Wednesday, the network said.

Smith, 22, of St. Louis, Mo., said in an interview before Sunday's announcement that he wasn't surprised to have been voted off.

"I wasn't as disappointed as people thought I would be because I've made it so far," he told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. "I'm happy to get all that exposure. Millions and millions of people watch the show, and hopefully somebody saw me and liked what they saw."

Now, viewers of the No. 1-rated series will get a chance to reconsider their votes as Smith and the other 11 finalists perform next Tuesday.

Vazquez is not the first to leave "Idol" unexpectedly, though few have done so willingly. Last year, George Huff was called back to Los Angeles when contestant Donnie Williams was cited for DUI. And in 2003, three contestants were dropped by Fox, two for failing to disclose arrest records and another for posing on an adult-oriented Web site.

I hope all is well with him and his family.

-And I guess I really hadn't read that much about the finalists.  I didn't realize Nikko was the son of Ozzie Smith.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #161 on: March 13, 2005, 10:34:19 PM »

And there's also the news about Christina Applegate breaking her foot during the performance of Sweet Charity over the weekend.  Her understudy took over for her in Chicago.  However, for the show's Boston run this week and next, the Weisslers are flying in Charlotte d'Amboise.

Hmmm...

-Frankly, I'd like to see Ms. d'Amboise do the role more than Ms. Applegate.  At least I know Charlotte can Sing.  And Dance.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #162 on: March 13, 2005, 10:36:19 PM »

Is it I-80 across the top of Ohio?  Whatever I-## it is, it's booooooooooring!
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #163 on: March 13, 2005, 10:36:47 PM »

Or I-80 across the top of Ohio.
Or across Texas.
Ah, yes, Texas.  And Oklahoma.

We played lots of CDs during that leg of the trip east.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #164 on: March 13, 2005, 10:49:48 PM »

Epilogue to "Sunday In New York With Jose"...

While walking around the city the past few days, I've had this feeling of comfortability.  Of ease.  Of familiarity.

:)

I'm not feeling like a tourist this time round.  And I don't mean "tourist" in the bad sense.  What I do mean is...  I have no real want/need to see a show this time round.  I didn't even bring my camera with me, and I'm not really regretting "forgetting" to pack it.  And since I've finally figured out the whole Express deal with the subway trains...

Yes, I'm still discovering new things about the city, but I don't feel like an outsider.  -Heck, there have been some articles about how even so-called, self-proclaimed "jaded New Yorkers" are still discovering all the riches - literal and figurative - in the new Time Warner Center.  *I shall have to splurge on a cocktail in the 35th Floor lounge of the Mandarin Oriental.  Apparently, the view is spectacular.

I also have a lot of friends up here.  "Far" friends, and close friends.  Moreso than I have back in Richmond and DC actually.  I did have one "down" moment today as I was walking up 9th Avenue - it would have been nice to have Steve by my side since the past few times I've been up here in the city, he's been with me.  -Well, now, I have new things to show him the next time he comes up for a visit.

Where was I?  Ah, yes...  Liaisons...

???  Um.... No...

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm truly getting into that "New York State of Mind".  Manhattan is starting to feel like home.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #165 on: March 13, 2005, 10:53:39 PM »

Oh...and in the Karma department...

I received word from back home that they are still looking for a keyboard player for the show I was "supposed" to be doing at this time.  And they open soon.  Real soon.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #166 on: March 13, 2005, 10:54:56 PM »

Btw, the Green Tea Flavored Cream Puff was wonderful!

-Sorry, DR Rodzinksi, guess you'll have to get your own!
Make Your Own Luck.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #167 on: March 13, 2005, 10:55:36 PM »

Yeah, I-80. I've driven that entire thing, and it doesn't really go through anywhere great. It goes around some places, but usually not close enough to see them. Interstates just ain't the way to learn about the country.

Hey, Jose, during an audition, do you find you give points to a person for choosing something really rare or unique to perform? Assuming, of course, that they do it justice.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #168 on: March 13, 2005, 10:57:34 PM »

Hmmm.... Looks like it's just you and me, DR Rodzinski...

Jou Jou Cafe stays open until 4:30AM... Or there Tipico up at 180th, I believe. Open 24 hours.  Some yucca con chicarron would really hit the spot right now!

If you start walking south, and I start walking north...

-Sheesh, I still don't like word problems.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #169 on: March 13, 2005, 11:02:51 PM »

Yeah, I-80. I've driven that entire thing, and it doesn't really go through anywhere great. It goes around some places, but usually not close enough to see them. Interstates just ain't the way to learn about the country.

Hey, Jose, during an audition, do you find you give points to a person for choosing something really rare or unique to perform? Assuming, of course, that they do it justice.

And I always do a major double take and direction check when I see those signs for Toledo on both "ends" of the interstate.  Always causes me to wonder, "Did I turn around at the last rest area?"

As for auditions.  Yes.  But as I always counsel singers, sometimes something is "rare or unique" for a reason.  It's bad a song.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #170 on: March 13, 2005, 11:14:56 PM »

Toledo is everywhere. It is all around us.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #171 on: March 13, 2005, 11:15:50 PM »

Yes, well those looking for unique audition songs need to also have a good ear.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #172 on: March 13, 2005, 11:18:46 PM »

I can't get to bed before 2am no matter what coast I'm on!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #173 on: March 13, 2005, 11:19:34 PM »

Jed, your Huskies are a #1 seed in the NCAAs.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #174 on: March 13, 2005, 11:19:44 PM »

OK...  Well, all the walking and eating and walking and eating has caught up with me...  And since I plan to do some more walking... and eating tomorrow...  -Actually, I'm hoping to go for a run in the morning, check out the Cloisters, Triton Park area.  And I'm hoping not to eat too much tomorrow.  Today was truly a splurge day both dietetically and financially, so...  And since I did buy some groceries the other day, it would be a good thing to eat them.

Off to the land of the Wussburgers...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #175 on: March 13, 2005, 11:23:59 PM »

So tired.  I shall post the notes at midnight and go directly to bed so I can try to get close to eight hours.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #176 on: March 13, 2005, 11:24:44 PM »

Toledo is everywhere. It is all around us.
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]The Toledo Is Coming!  THE TOLEDO IS COMING!!  AAAAAGGGHHHH!!!!![/move]

*splat*

« Last Edit: March 13, 2005, 11:26:20 PM by S. Woody White »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #177 on: March 13, 2005, 11:27:53 PM »

Tonight's chile has given me gas.  I think it was the bell peppers.

Oh well.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #178 on: March 13, 2005, 11:28:58 PM »

A new horror film:
UNHOLY TOLEDO

Now, I wuss.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #179 on: March 13, 2005, 11:31:05 PM »

A reminder to Jose:

New Good Eats on Wednesday: Dr. Strangeloaf!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up