Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: UNSEEMLY BUTTOCKS  (Read 20225 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
UNSEEMLY BUTTOCKS
« on: March 12, 2005, 11:58:48 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, you know the vibe of the notes, you know the xylophone of the notes, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home dragging their Unseemly Buttocks.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2005, 11:58:34 PM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:UNSEEMLY BUTTOCKS
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2005, 12:01:37 AM »

And the word of the day is: FLIBBITIGIBBIT!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 12:01:51 AM »

Has Ann caught up?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2005, 12:02:11 AM »

Any FLIBBITIGIBBITS out there?

Tomovoz

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2005, 12:10:00 AM »

Only will-o'-the-wisps here.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2005, 12:11:26 AM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2005, 12:10:10 AM »

Well, everyone is just sitting on their Unseemly Buttocks like so much fish, so I think I shall toddle off to the bedroom environment, as I am very overtired and must try to get a good night's sleep.

And remember - FLIBBITIGIBBIT!

Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it.

Jed

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2005, 12:11:18 AM »

Groove for Thought, eh George?  Their bass, Jeff, is a friend of mine from college.  Also know the group's founder, Kelly (sings baritone in there, I think), a bit.  Haven't heard them in about two years, but were always solid.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2005, 12:11:35 AM »

Dear BK: I looked up the word for the day, and was told no such word exists.  I then went for an alternate spelling, and came up with the following:

flib·ber·ti·gib·bet
Pronunciation: "fli-b&r-tE-'ji-b&t
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English flepergebet
Date: 15th century
: a silly flighty person
- flib·ber·ti·gib·bety /-b&-tE/ adjective
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2005, 12:14:19 AM »

The pups are at long last settling down.  When last spotted, Benny had his nose sticking out from under one end of der Brucer's bed, and Bax had his tail sticking out from the other end.

Time to tuck them in and hope for a restful sleep.   ::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2005, 12:15:03 AM »

Groove for Thought, eh George?  Their bass, Jeff, is a friend of mine from college.  Also know the group's founder, Kelly (sings baritone in there, I think), a bit.  Haven't heard them in about two years, but were always solid.

They were very good.  They were absolutely the best group of the evening, even though I only saw them perform one song!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2005, 12:20:54 AM »

As Frank Loesser wrote:

"Well, it's been a long, been a long, been a long, been a long day!"

I'm very tired so I'm going to bed.  Good night all! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2005, 12:21:43 AM »

But before I go...how do you solve a problem like Maria?? ;)

George

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2005, 12:22:00 AM »

'Night!

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2005, 01:24:45 AM »

It’s snowing! In the middle of March, we have the snow!
Worried about whether young pitiful buds of cherry blossoms can bear up under this cold…

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2005, 05:36:15 AM »

Good morning, fellow Dear Readers.

After church, I shall spend the rest of the day in a board meeting. Last month's meeting went five hours. Ugh.

DR SWoody -- are you going to keep Peggy and the pups? Or if you adopt them out, are you responsible for finding them homes? Or does the shelter take them back and put them up for adoption? (When we fostered, the shelters took them back -- we didn't need to find homes.)
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Michael

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2005, 05:44:08 AM »

BK: How about Mr. Ron Raines for your male singer?
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2005, 05:45:33 AM »

Are not Mr. Harvey Schmidt and Mr. Tom Jones a FLIBBITIGIBBIT?
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2005, 05:48:05 AM »

If not them at least Lizzie Curry aka Milasande is a FLIBBITIGIBBIT!
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2005, 05:59:26 AM »

Yes DRMS I saw the MOON OVER BROADWAY dvd.  I agree that the play was not so hot.  And once Carol Burnett came on board, the dynamics were skewed.  They didn't see her as the asset she was.  It was disconcerting to see her try to change dialog and try to paraphrase - but of course the things she was being made to say weren't so hot to begin with.

It is an interesting documentary that would be of interest to anyone working in theatre.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2005, 06:01:47 AM »

I think Lillie Ann Beasley was the flibbertigibbit. Sashaying around....oh I just love a man in a bow tie!

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2005, 06:13:41 AM »

Good mawnin' to all East Coast denizens, and early risers everywhere!

We had such a great rehearsal yesterday. I feel so good about this show. Whatta team we are!!!

Jose was quite relaxed and In The Zone - he played so beautifully, it quite took my breath away. The underscoring for the monologues is so delicate - supportive without intrusion, and Maestro Simbulan pulls exquisite phrases from that beaten up cigar box they call a piano, in the 72nd St. Studios. Oh, the man has HANDS!!!

So, today Bill (tech guy) and I run out to Bristol PA to borrow the set furniture from last year's production of this show - it's such a nice day for a drive!!! And tomorrow we load in and hoist and shlep and build and hang, Tuesday tech all day, Tuesday night tech run-thru, Dress Rehearsal on Wednesday at 1, and open Wednesday night. WOWIE!!! Time just hurtles by, doesn't it, anymore... hop into the flow, or miss life, completely...

hey, Vixmom!!! Jane copied your post to me - I'm so happy you laughed!!! I just LOVE it when they laugh!!! (Sagittarians are rather known to be clowns - just ask BK...)

Y'all have a sweet happy day!
PennyO

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2005, 06:14:43 AM »

Oh, I forgot to mention...

Jose has a surprise for y'all on Saturday night... It's a good one! I guarantee you'll like it!
PennyO

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2005, 06:32:33 AM »

DR SWoody -- are you going to keep Peggy and the pups? Or if you adopt them out, are you responsible for finding them homes? Or does the shelter take them back and put them up for adoption? (When we fostered, the shelters took them back -- we didn't need to find homes.)

The SPCA operated shelter has washed their hands of the animals - it was their intent to destroy them, and our Animal Rescue League (ARL) came to their aid. It was ARLs intent to ship them off to some other rescue that had their own shelter accommodations, but so far no takers. We're stuck with them until "someone" finds them homes.

I complicated the issue when I said that I did not think it would be good for the animals to go back to a "shelter" environment - they have learned to be "family" and re-kenneling would not be a good idea (particularly not for the pups who need regular daily animal/human contact if they are to mature into social critters. Considering the bad rep pit bulls have, our ability to give personal testimony as to their socialbilty is important. When the weather warms and we can take them for strolls along the boardwalk or off to cafe patios for drinks , maybe we'll find some "takers".

der Brucer

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jennifer

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2005, 06:33:55 AM »

Hey DRs Stuart and Ron, I finally got to see the finale of Wickedly Perfect last night.  And I read your comments from Thursday.  Wow, we all agreed on something.  Crazy ending.  And I agree what the heck was Bobby thinking?  He is a chef and he voted for the woman who served him food everybody thought was gross.  She should have lost IMO just for that.

I think the show had an interesting concept.  But it was lacking in many areas.  I especially hated the way the contestants could vote out the stronger players.

I was happy that David considered past performance when voting for Mitch.  Kimberly did nothing all season.  She only came into her own when she was shown doing the Early Show.

I don't see how she could get her own show. I think that the Martha Stewart Apprentice show will eat her alive.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2005, 06:43:42 AM »

BK: How about Mr. Ron Raines for your male singer?

Mr Ron Raines will be in LA with some GUIDING LIGHT promo.

Good morning, all!  As i type this, I'm listening to a couple of Mozart masses to complete my religious enlightenment for the week, K 66, Mass in C, and K 49, Missa Brevis in G.  Then, who knows?

Yesterday was a bizarre day at Barnes & Noble, in which I had a brief glimpse of DRJose moving through the store, rubbed elbows poorly with manager Patty, whom I really adore, and the difficult floor manager who was instrumental (although I can't prove it since it's all gossip) in breaking up a friendship with another clerk.  Then the icing on the cake was hearing some news about the false friend mentioned in the above sentence which, even though the friendship fell apart two years ago, proves that wounds don't necessarily heal but lie dormant waiting to erupt and toss your security and contentment into hell.

Last night, I watched THE SEVEN LITTLE FOYS, which I hadn't seen since I was around 7 or 8 years old.  I loved the kids, I love Bob Hope, but I watched it primarily to see what it showed on the Iroquois Theatre fire of 1903.  The answer, very little, and very inaccurately.   Then I watched ABOUT ADAM, with Kate Hudson and Stuart Townsend, which would have been improved by an amoral rewrite by someone like Joe Orton.  I never got to the end; I was neither amused nor interested enough to continue.

I have a book meeting today around 1:00, so this morning it's housecleaning.

I will come back and sing CARMEN again!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2005, 06:48:47 AM »

Yes DRMS I saw the MOON OVER BROADWAY dvd.  I agree that the play was not so hot.  And once Carol Burnett came on board, the dynamics were skewed.  They didn't see her as the asset she was.  It was disconcerting to see her try to change dialog and try to paraphrase - but of course the things she was being made to say weren't so hot to begin with.

When the Kennedy Center attempted to begin an Encores!-like series, the author of MOON OVER BROADWAY did the concert adaptation of WHERE'S CHARLEY?, replacing a lot of George Abbott's book and it's innocent look at Victorian conventions with smarmy lines like Charley in the Aunt Lucy drag saying to Amy and Kitty when they kiss his cheek "I haven't had so much fun since I bathed with my sister."   I've never forgiven him.

Did I sing the Habanera yet?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2005, 06:52:27 AM »

Tonight, I watched “Rhapsody In Blue” on DVD. I really enjoyed it and learned a few things about American musical films and also some trivias on George Gershwin, like the Gershwins were in neighborhood (or in a same residential diestrict ) of the Marxs when George was young and/or An American from An American In Paris meant himself. Besides those things, I liked to see many legendary actors and actresses which appeared in the roles of themselve in it.  
A good movie for the day.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2005, 07:30:07 AM »

Is this Rodzinski beating a hasty retreat?

der Brucer

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2005, 07:37:37 AM »

Watching ROSEMARY'S BABY which I haven't seen since its original release....actually sometime later since it was at the drive in where I saw it - on a double bill with THE ODD COUPLE.

Creepy stuff.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2005, 07:38:09 AM »

could be Der Brucer....could be.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up