Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: ALL THINGS FRUIT  (Read 23975 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:ALL THINGS FRUIT
« Reply #150 on: June 11, 2005, 07:01:50 PM »

My least favorite fruits are FIGS... <SNIP>

I have to love FIGS...I know so many! ;) ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: June 11, 2005, 07:02:03 PM »

Maragritas?????

Too many of those Mexican "daisies" I guess, DR Larry! LOL!

Marguerites in French!

And one for Mahler! :D

Touche, DRFrancois!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #152 on: June 11, 2005, 07:02:16 PM »

The Lovely Wife and I actually spent the afternoon in the Wood of Holly on the boulevard of the same name.  venerable Book City where I first worked when I came out here has lost its lease and is closing its doors.  You might want to stop down there, BK.  The owner gave me a fifty percent discount on stuff.  Don't know whether that's regular discount or just for me, but they are a-wheeling and dealing.  Trouble is Book City's prices are somewhat high on a lot of stuff and a lot of good stuff is long gone.  But  I'm sure you can still find great deals.

I'll be sorry to see another icon leave Hollywood Boulevard.  When I first came out there were probably a dozen great bookstores of H.B. well over half great used bookshops.  Once Book City leaves, only Larry  edmunds will be left...and even it is a shadow of its former self.  

In fact the whole character of the street has changed.  Even though it was a tad seedy, it was individualistic and unique.  Now it's become so homogenized.  We walked up to the mall on the corner of Hollywood and Highland and it could be almost anyplace in America, shop-wise.  Sad.  Sad.  Sad.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: June 11, 2005, 07:03:41 PM »

And isn't Margeurite in Germany known as Faust elsewhere?

;)

Oui!  Those Germans don't want Charles Gounod polluting their Goethe.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: June 11, 2005, 07:04:18 PM »

... where they only drink Shirley Temples!

td's favourite drink has to be... Shirley Bassey! :o

Hot chocolate?

George

« Reply #155 on: June 11, 2005, 07:09:24 PM »

No one did as far as I remember. But isn't that what they did with the Grease and Wonderful Town for Brook Shields?

Yup.  They just recorded her vocal tracks and the rest of the CD was from the original release/cast.  Kiss of the Spider Woman and the Pearl Bailey Hello, Dolly! were entirely new recordings.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: June 11, 2005, 07:15:58 PM »

Yup.  They just recorded her vocal tracks and the rest of the CD was from the original release/cast.  Kiss of the Spider Woman and the Pearl Bailey Hello, Dolly! were entirely new recordings.
With the Pearl Bailey HELLO DOLLY!, the entire cast was replaced by an all-black cast; it wasn't a case of bringing in a new star.  When I saw Ginger Rogers do HELLO DOLLY!,  some original cast members like Sondra Lee were still in it.  I have no idea why BMG did a whole new cast with Vanessa Williams; perhaps it was contractual?

George

« Reply #157 on: June 11, 2005, 07:16:49 PM »

Well, I'm back from Super Saturday at The Evergreen State College.  I walked around and bought my Demo Burger and Diet Pepsi, then I had a chocolate turtle crepe.  It sounds better than it was, though.  It wasn't bad, but just not great.  Anyway, I didn't buy anything, but there was a lot to be bought.  There were several stages around the campus with performers performing all day.  Talk about festive! ;D

George

« Reply #158 on: June 11, 2005, 07:18:44 PM »

After that I was planning on going to a co-worker's 60th birthday party, but I'm just not in the mood.  I wanted to take a nap, but I started looking on the Internet for the answers to the Unseemly Trivia Contest and was distracted.  I was able to answer all of the questions!  I e-mailed BK a few minutes ago and even got the "Returned mail: see transcript for details" e-mail.  I really hope that BK actually got the e-mail.  I got all the answers!! (as far as I know ::)) One of them was very difficult (for me, anyway).
« Last Edit: June 11, 2005, 07:18:58 PM by George »

Ben

« Reply #159 on: June 11, 2005, 07:19:47 PM »

Wow, Mr. Moore    ;)

Ben

« Reply #160 on: June 11, 2005, 07:22:10 PM »

Here is more about Ann's place of employment courtesy of the Web site.

http://www.acapchildservices.org/frame1.html

It used to be called Auburn Christian Action Program (ACAP) Daycare Association but the name was changed to ACAP Child and Family Services.

George

« Reply #161 on: June 11, 2005, 07:24:31 PM »

And yesterday in the mail, I got my latest eBay acquisition:  the limited edition soundtrack to "Mame" with Lucille Ball.  Except mine isn't a numbered limited edition, it has a hole punched out of the barcode.  It stated that in the listing, but I didn't read it that carefully.  So, I got a promo copy and no number.  I wonder...if there are fewer promo copies, does that make it more limited, even though it's not numbered, or do they make so many promos that the entire run of CDs really isn't that rare? ::)

Ben

« Reply #162 on: June 11, 2005, 07:25:38 PM »

Had a wonderful and laugh-filled and relaxing evening with the wonderful, laugh-filled and sweet Mr. Moore. We stuffed ourselves on Mexican food and in the process had two, count them, two margaritas! Oh, my, I can get tipsy on one. Larry just had to walk 3 blocks back to his apartment (with an elevator) but I had to walk to 79th Street and take the subway. It was good for me. It cleared my head. BTW, we each had two margaritas because it was two for one night and the waitress just brought that second one and we couldn't waste it, could we??? Even though the glasses had salt and we asked for no salt. The food was good and the company was even better. I turned on the air conditioning in the bedroom and I'm getting the laundry ready for tomorrow. Anthony is still out with the Forum cast celebrating his and Nick's birthdays (which were yesterday).

I will go now but I may return later this evening.

François de Paris

« Reply #163 on: June 11, 2005, 07:34:58 PM »

Touche, DRFrancois!

DR Sandra loves that expression!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: June 11, 2005, 07:35:49 PM »

DR Sandra loves that expression!

Vraiment, maragita!

François de Paris

« Reply #165 on: June 11, 2005, 07:39:30 PM »

Here is more about Ann's place of employment courtesy of the Web site.

http://www.acapchildservices.org/frame1.html

It used to be called Auburn Christian Action Program (ACAP) Daycare Association but the name was changed to ACAP Child and Family Services.

Don't they also have one for music called... ASCAP? ;)

François de Paris

« Reply #166 on: June 11, 2005, 07:43:07 PM »

That's what happens when DR BEN drinks too many Margaritas (or Maragritas for DR Larry!)

Spoo si Oops delleps sdrawkcab!

Unseemly, right? LOL!

François de Paris

« Reply #167 on: June 11, 2005, 07:46:24 PM »

All what DR Larry could tell the waitress (well, HE saw 2 of them actually!!) was:

What is it, fish?

Sad, isn't it????

Michael

« Reply #168 on: June 11, 2005, 07:49:14 PM »

With the Pearl Bailey HELLO DOLLY!, the entire cast was replaced by an all-black cast; it wasn't a case of bringing in a new star.  When I saw Ginger Rogers do HELLO DOLLY!,  some original cast members like Sondra Lee were still in it.  I have no idea why BMG did a whole new cast with Vanessa Williams; perhaps it was contractual?

Actually BMG did not record VW's Kiss. Her own record label did and they also recorded her St, Lousis Woman that was part of a Encore's season. (Usually DRG records them)
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #169 on: June 11, 2005, 07:57:28 PM »

Actually BMG did not record VW's Kiss. Her own record label did and they also recorded her St, Lousis Woman that was part of a Encore's season. (Usually DRG records them)

Well, knock me down!

Tomovoz

« Reply #170 on: June 11, 2005, 07:58:33 PM »

Great decision.  I much prefer the 2nd KOTSW. Better male leads too.  I was disappointed when I got to Broadway and Chita had been replaced but I was truly "knocked out" by the performance of Ms Williams.  If only her performance in the TV "Bye Bye Birde" had been as good!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #171 on: June 11, 2005, 09:11:36 PM »

My last post must have been the kiss of death!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #172 on: June 11, 2005, 09:26:06 PM »

I'm back from work, but my feet are so tired I can't type.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Tomovoz

« Reply #173 on: June 11, 2005, 09:29:07 PM »

So you type with your feet?  Someone had to ask.
Perhaps that allows you type more corn.
James Thurber 1957

François de Paris

« Reply #174 on: June 11, 2005, 09:37:03 PM »

Type your troubles away... I guess!

François de Paris

« Reply #175 on: June 11, 2005, 09:41:42 PM »

I'm back from work, but my feet are so tired I can't type.

Use your hands! That usually works better, even after 2 margaritas!! ;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #176 on: June 11, 2005, 09:51:43 PM »

Back from the movie and dinner, about which more later.

I hate the Hollywood and Highland mall, and from what I understand, it's almost a complete bust.  It's one of the most confusing places I've ever been to - if they'd done something like The Grove there, it might have worked, but as it is, I would never ever visit there again.

François de Paris

« Reply #177 on: June 11, 2005, 09:54:42 PM »

My favourite ELIXIR:

Margaritas!

Elixir, baby, elixir!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #178 on: June 11, 2005, 11:06:46 PM »

I'm quite full right now.  I'm watching a DVD, which I won't finish until tomorrow.

Tomovoz

« Reply #179 on: June 11, 2005, 11:10:16 PM »

Hopefully there will be a report from DR Ann soon. We may find out if Annie got her gun.
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up