Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE THICK OF NOVEMBER  (Read 30170 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:THE THICK OF NOVEMBER
« Reply #90 on: November 02, 2005, 11:24:41 AM »

And according to my Futurama calender ;), International Drum Month!
Drum, the instrument, or Drum, the comic strip?

:o
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

MBarnum

« Reply #91 on: November 02, 2005, 11:25:47 AM »

JRand55, my leaves are all stubbornly on the  ground!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #92 on: November 02, 2005, 11:29:46 AM »

I've been at the copy machine the past couple of hours.  Have to copy all files pertaining to three County leases for the Superior Court of California as they are entering "due diligence" preparatory to taking over the leases themselves.

I can only say, "I HATE STAPLES"!!!

And I mean those little wire thingies, not the office supply store.

Removing those staples takes far more time than the copying...and I have thousands and thousands of sheets of paper (more than 20 years worth in the case of one lease) to copy (between now and Nov. 21).
You need a Kelly Girl.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2005, 11:31:11 AM »

Wasn't George Chakiris a Kelly girl?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Tomovoz

« Reply #94 on: November 02, 2005, 11:41:23 AM »

Thank you for the Owl Photo DR Laura.  I shall show DP Colin.
it is spring here.  Owl be with him in Apple Blossom time.
(Well it is 6.60am and I have been sitting with the dogs for 90  minutes - thunderstorm).

« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 12:05:30 PM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2005, 11:44:40 AM »

I eventually watched the movie "Frida" last night. Disappointing!  Style over substance. I wanted to like the movie.
It needed Ruben Blades and an actress of the calibre of Sonia Braga.  
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jason

« Reply #96 on: November 02, 2005, 11:45:46 AM »

DR Ben:

I just got my COLOR PURPLE ticket in the mail for next Weds. I'm Rear Mezz F 6. Where are you sitting??

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #97 on: November 02, 2005, 11:48:06 AM »

OMG!  I just discovered that you can search pictures on Photobucket.com.  The personal pictures that people post!  I'd never have the nerve!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jed

« Reply #98 on: November 02, 2005, 12:00:46 PM »

Thank you for the Owl Photo DR Laura.  I shall show DP Colin.
it is spring here.  Owl be with him in Apple Blossom time.
(Well it is 6.60am and I have been sitting with the dogs for 90  imnutes - thunderstorm).

6:60am... that's like a friend of mine in high school who always used to say that her height was 5'12".
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Tomovoz

« Reply #99 on: November 02, 2005, 12:04:31 PM »

6:60am... that's like a friend of mine in high school who always used to say that her height was 5'12".
It's now 6.64.

I nede to proff raed!!
James Thurber 1957

Jennifer

« Reply #100 on: November 02, 2005, 12:34:22 PM »

I agree with you JMK....I can't for the life of me figure out why so many people I know disliked that family. But I guess they saw things I didn't.

My friend Ron told me to take off the rosie colored glasses when I watch TAR!

Ha, ha ha.  That last comment made me laugh.  Well yah, you always cheer for the goody goody team who usually cannot race well but seems nice.  I know i usually cheer for the team i think races the best.

I think it was probably only the first episode that made many of us not care for the Gaghans.  So perhaps people who missed that episode, or who didn't pay that much attention to each team (not like those of us who are obcessed with the show did!).  Or perhaps DR Jrand was right.  The Gaghans really symbolize the family aspect of the show, much more than the other teams.  I mean most of them are over 18, with only a few that are 15+ (and they didn't really seem like kids).

Anyhow I think on HHW we usually disagree with who we like and dislike.  Plus a lot of it is in the editing. We all agreed that the Paolos were horrible, and now that they are editing them better, most of us like them!

Jason

« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2005, 12:38:19 PM »

FYI for all TDF members: Tickets for Lea Salonga's solo concert at Carnegie Hall Monday night are on the site for $23. I just got my ticket... :)

Ben

« Reply #102 on: November 02, 2005, 12:41:44 PM »

Jason, I'll look at my ticket when I get home and either tell you here or tell you tomorrow if you're going to see East of Eden at Chelsea Classics.

I wonder why it took like 5 more days for you to get your ticket? I got mine early last week and I think we bought them on the same day.

Jason

« Reply #103 on: November 02, 2005, 12:47:31 PM »

Ben: I dunno why. The mail service is screwy. I had my ticket delivered to the office, so maybe that was the delay.

I'll see you tomorrow night at EAST OF EDEN.

:)

Tomovoz

« Reply #104 on: November 02, 2005, 12:50:35 PM »

"East of Eden" is DR Colin's favourite movie of all time!
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: November 02, 2005, 12:52:42 PM »

I'm back home and awaiting arrival of CDs.  Will it be one o'clock?  I'll keep you posted.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #106 on: November 02, 2005, 01:03:47 PM »

Back from lunch.  

Sticky rice, Siu Mai, Spring Rolls, BBQ Pork Rice Rolls, Shrimp Rice Rolls, Deep Fried Chive Dumplings, Deep Fried Mango Shrimp Rolls & Spinach Scallop Dumplings.

Jasmine tea.

Lovely.............yummmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #107 on: November 02, 2005, 01:05:08 PM »

The day started off like a Fall day back east, with partly cloudy skies and a crisp breeze.

Now it's grey and gloomy.  And the rain the weatherman said would not materialize seems to be looming.

But...who knows?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #108 on: November 02, 2005, 01:07:24 PM »

Today is the fifth day since vixmom's last post.

Does anyone know what's going on???

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #109 on: November 02, 2005, 01:09:08 PM »

Man, oh, man!  I sure hope my "Star Wars III" arrives today.

Everything I watch on Wednesday evenings is a repeat tonight.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #110 on: November 02, 2005, 01:13:07 PM »

DR MattH, I had no idea Veronica Mars was a repeat tonight. :(

Thanks for the warning.

It's not a repeat. It's not on at all.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #111 on: November 02, 2005, 01:13:24 PM »

All right, vixmom!  I see you lurking.

You've got some 'splainin' to do!!!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #112 on: November 02, 2005, 01:14:58 PM »

It's not a repeat. It's not on at all.

It's airing here in Oakland on UPN tonight...at least, that's according to my SBC Yahoo homepage TV schedule for Wednesday, Nov. 2.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 01:15:56 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #113 on: November 02, 2005, 01:16:58 PM »

Hey, Jane!  Hey, Jed!

I see you both.  You're probably catching up.

Matt H.

« Reply #114 on: November 02, 2005, 01:17:38 PM »

General word is that the producers are NOT happy with the results of this particular edition and are VERY aware that regular fans of the show are also VERY unhappy.  8)

The fact is that the ratings are down for this edition, and that's what has made the producers so unhappy. If the show had better ratings than the two last season, we'd see another family edition next year, but since the ratings have not been very good, they're going to go back to the tried and true.

Matt H.

« Reply #115 on: November 02, 2005, 01:22:06 PM »

"East of Eden" is DR Colin's favourite movie of all time!

It's a marvelous film, and I think it's James Dean's best performance. I'm not sure I wouldn't have voted for him over Ernest Borgnine in MARTY had I been an Academy member in 1955. The three other nominees were James Cagney in LOVE ME OR LEAVE ME, Spencer Tracy in BAD DAY AT BLACK ROCK, and Frank Sinatra in THE MAN WITH A GOLDEN ARM.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #116 on: November 02, 2005, 01:22:14 PM »

Hello, DR Matt H.

Are you in fine fettle this afternoon?  Did "Two for the Road" arrive in the mail?

Matt H.

« Reply #117 on: November 02, 2005, 01:25:11 PM »

I spent the entire afternoon with TWO FOR THE ROAD. The picture has been restored and compared to the laserdisc looks astoundingly good. Now, if I had my druthers, I might have wished for punchier colors, but there is a restoration comparison on the DVD that shows what it has looked like in various stages of its video life, and what we have now overall is unquestionably the best.

When that exquisite Henry Mancini main title sweeps around you in vibrant surround stereo, it's sheer heaven.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #118 on: November 02, 2005, 01:25:34 PM »

Today is the fifth day since vixmom's last post.

Does anyone know what's going on???

Thanks for asking.  I just finished catching up, but I must sign off again .

On Friday night we had a Halloween party and one of  children mentioned feeling "dizzy and funny"  but he was weariing a heavy plastic mask and sunning around so his mom told him to take the mask off and settle down.  The Vixter, as the oldest of the children was the self apponted babysitter in the games room and kpet all the kids entertained and took particular care of this littel boy.

On Saturday and Sunday after her 8:45 AM dentist appointment, she had to rebuild her catapult for tech class  becasue two boys fooling around in class on Friday managed to knock it off the desk and smash it beyond repair.  Although her tech teacher saw the whole thing and told her not to worry about it, this week they were actually gpoingto be launchin gtheir missels and she didn't want to miss the action so she got vixdad to take her to the hobby shop  bought all the materials and spent her whole day doing  what had taken her the whole semester to do the first time.  She finished up in time for bed.

Sunday morning she was the acolyte at church then home to complete her Anne of Green Gables  final project whichj took her to dinner time and then her Youth Group  party.  Because she was using the computer for typing her paper in between setting up the catapult and pasting things on her "Anne" poster I was effectivly banned from using the computer!

She worked until 6;30 then quickly donned her  POTO costume and went to the church Youth Group  Costume Party

Monday morning  she went to school complaining about a slight couigh and a minor sore throat.  At 10 Am I got a call from the school nurse.. she feels funny and dizzy and she has a temp of 102 F

So off to get her and off to the DR who says possible streph throat  and puts her on anitbiotics.  Home we go wher she lies on the couch watching  The NIght mare BeFore Christmas.

Saddest part of the day... she asks me. " Is it ok if I don't go trick or treating? Please can't I stay home?"

:'(

Then yesterday I stayed home with her.  Today she stayed home with my folks.  

And now I must go deliver something for work.

Laters!!

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #119 on: November 02, 2005, 01:25:45 PM »

Golly.

No one will talk to me.

Maybe I'm dead and don't know it.

I must be invisible.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up