Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: TERMS OF ENDEARMENT  (Read 33741 times)

Tomovoz

Re:TERMS OF ENDEARMENT
« Reply #240 on: January 08, 2004, 04:01:37 PM »

Thanks Robin. Great idea for some stimulating activity this weekend.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jed

« Reply #241 on: January 08, 2004, 04:04:29 PM »

While I'm having a wonderful chuckle at Robin's suggestion, my taste buds are revolted just by the thought! :)
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #242 on: January 08, 2004, 04:05:03 PM »

I have a three hour wait before the figure skating short programs come on, so I think I'll head for the TV to find some DVD mischief to get myself into. I'll be back later (much later) with my comments on the skating.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #243 on: January 08, 2004, 04:05:28 PM »

Jrand, go start some threads on our DVD site - we know you love DVD so you can be a major force there.  MattH, too.  I think interesting threads would be - What do you want most on DVD, musicals on DVD, etc.

Matt H.

« Reply #244 on: January 08, 2004, 04:07:32 PM »

Remember that wonderful line by Jane Fonda in 9 TO 5 as she's telling her ex-husband off about her activities since they've been separated: "If I want to play sex games or do M&Ms, I will." And Lawrence Pressman, wonderful actor that he is, looks at her so  disbelievingly, "M&Ms?" I break up laughing just thinking about it now.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #245 on: January 08, 2004, 04:15:42 PM »

Hey, Gang!

I've been trying for three days to get to my house - snowed out, folks - and the plow-guy said it'll be days yet. Oy. Gotta get up there and get my stuff! Anyhow, I've been computer-less for a few days. Been staying at one or another quaint/rustic motels along Hwy 2, east of Monroe, WA. Quaint sometimes means NO PHONE. Oy.

The good news is that, as soon as I plugged in  few moments ago, I got mail from Bristol Riverside Theatre in Bristol, PA - 10 minutes south of Trenton, 20 minutes north of Philly - and my matinee is sold out, so they ADDED A SATURDAY EVENING SHOW!!! Oh, happy me. (Seattle Fringe Theater Fest absconded with ticket money from most of the shows in Sept, and I am still feeling a tad pressed for cash, dontcha know... and now, a double fee in February!!!) Hey, if any of yuz are anywhere near, please come see mah show, okay? Jeez, I didn't even ask if this shameless self-promotion was permitted here on HHW... hope you'll take no offense.

All the chicken recipes sound so tasty... I'm gobbling crap from the local market, don't even bother to heat it in this yarr microwave. Gimme back my stove and my house!!! But i digress, Babycakes, bubbeleh, Honey-Heinie. Okay, so that's it from the Cozy Rest Motel... love, Penny
PennyO

Matt H.

« Reply #246 on: January 08, 2004, 04:16:20 PM »

No sooner asked than done, bk.  :D

Tomovoz

« Reply #247 on: January 08, 2004, 04:22:59 PM »

DR Penny O. Thanks for the "Baby Cakes" reference and congratulations on the extra show bookings. Why Baby Cakes? Do any DRs know if "Baby Cakes" has been filmed yet in the "Tales Of The City" Series.- I did read (was it here?) that it was being made as a Telemovie rather than a series like the first three books.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jed

« Reply #248 on: January 08, 2004, 04:27:00 PM »

PennyO - A week in Gold Bar or Sultan?  Yeehaw, you know how to party. :D

Always nice to see yet another Washingtonian around here!

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #249 on: January 08, 2004, 04:28:02 PM »

In case anyone wants to see...me at the beach, proof that I was tan :)

Jennifer

« Reply #250 on: January 08, 2004, 04:28:14 PM »

Oh, and DR Jennifer - There was an ad for Shell stations that now have "ABMs" in them.  So...  And there was another ad on the page that referred to ABMs.  So.. ???

I'm assuming ABM is automated bank machine?

Why would a shell gas station have one?

I dunno, maybe that article was from toronto. Maybe they call them that there. Or maybe french people call them that? All i know is that I have never heard the term before.

Jed

« Reply #251 on: January 08, 2004, 04:29:59 PM »

Hope Laura II's (aka Cutie Pie) dinner party is going just smashingly.  Remember, I'm expecting pictures...or at least one! . :D

Jennifer

« Reply #252 on: January 08, 2004, 04:30:16 PM »

Oh yeah Ann. Love beach pics. YOu look svelte!
So glad you're back home safe.

And for DR Ron: It is -40C/-30F ... I think we DESERVE some warm vibes :)

Jennifer

« Reply #253 on: January 08, 2004, 04:31:56 PM »

Okay guys talking about chocolate (my weakness) is mean :)

But did you guys know that they have Atkins Reeses type peanut butter cups. And atkins caramel chocolates. They are sort of good.

Off to watch Friends and the Donald Trump show.

Try not to post another 400 messages tonight without me :)

Tomovoz

« Reply #254 on: January 08, 2004, 04:32:12 PM »

See you later everyone. I am off to buy my Skittles and M & Ms. I promise I won't post photos.
James Thurber 1957

Jennifer

« Reply #255 on: January 08, 2004, 04:33:26 PM »

Oh Laura 2 you never told us if Swishy was going to your dinner party.  I think I invited myself during chat. But you're thousands of miles away.

Do give us a report.

Jed

« Reply #256 on: January 08, 2004, 04:41:06 PM »

Do all y'all realize that if we have a strong evening of posts, we will have averaged about 300 posts per day for the last week?  And to think BK was worried about the December doldrums! :D
« Last Edit: January 08, 2004, 04:41:46 PM by Jed »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #257 on: January 08, 2004, 04:42:16 PM »

Babe on the beach alert!  I'm gonna try to exit at five-thirty since I didn't take a lunch break at all - and I'm definitely making chicken tonight.  Don't try and stop me, Horace, please!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #258 on: January 08, 2004, 04:55:15 PM »

Yes, the blue bags are indeed the Crispy M&M's.

I want to start a letter writing campaign to bring back Mint M&Ms all year round.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #259 on: January 08, 2004, 04:57:45 PM »

Thanks for the pic Ann!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #260 on: January 08, 2004, 05:03:30 PM »

Babe on the beach alert!  I think that calls for a triple lutz!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #261 on: January 08, 2004, 05:03:45 PM »

Are we on a dinner break now?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #262 on: January 08, 2004, 05:04:18 PM »

Do all y'all realize that if we have a strong evening of posts, we will have averaged about 300 posts per day for the last week?  And to think BK was worried about the December doldrums! :D

Ahhh, Jed, this is January!
“One thing’s universal,

Jed

« Reply #263 on: January 08, 2004, 05:06:54 PM »

Of course this is January, which is precisely when we told BK that things would pick back up again better than ever.  And by gum and by golly, we were right!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #264 on: January 08, 2004, 05:07:13 PM »

It turns out to be fairly consistent - our January a year ago was very big, too.  I LOVE it.  Other sites are feeling the heat and starting useless threads to bump up their number of posts.  Yes, they're feeling the HEAT, baby, darling, dearest, luv, dimples.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #265 on: January 08, 2004, 05:12:22 PM »

Well done, JMK, you did stump us all.  I looked at House of Flowers, but didn't recognize Holder's name.  I bow to your superior (this time :)) trivial mind!

The first time that I heard of him was in Rex Harrison's "Doctor Dolittle."  He played Willie Shakespeare.

Shortly after I saw that movie for the first time (in the 1970s), he started doing the 7Up commercials.  "7Up...doesn't have caffeine.  Never had it...never will.  Never had it...never will.  Never had it...never will.  Never had it...never will."  I will always remember that he said "Never had it...never will" four times in the commercial.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #266 on: January 08, 2004, 05:13:04 PM »

Ya gotcha new threads there, Blanche....lookin' forward ta sum good replies!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #267 on: January 08, 2004, 05:18:21 PM »

Babe on the beach alert!  I think that calls for a triple lutz!

And if it was a picture of me on the beach would it call for a triple salch-cow?
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #268 on: January 08, 2004, 05:22:03 PM »

My Sal Cow.  Who made up these stupid ice-skating terms?  Honestly.

I'll soon be on my way to Gelson's to buy CHICKEN for tonight's din din.

Danise

« Reply #269 on: January 08, 2004, 05:24:09 PM »

Good evening , Everyone!

I'm happy to say that I'm feeling much, much better and am  typing this on the bus ride home.

I'm sorry, Bruce, but I didn't  get the chance to start your book.  It was all over the page and I was fiddling with the screen adjustments to make it fit.  Then I found out I should have converted it into something called “tag format” to make it fit the PDA's screen.  That will be tonight’s task when I get home.

I should have known it wouldn't be as simple as just an upload to the PDA.  Sigh!

One other bit of news.  The director of our department came over to my desk and said he was very sorry to hear about my fish dying.  You could have knocked me over with a feather!  I never expected him to say anything.  

He asked if I was going to get another one and I said I wasn't sure.  He said that if I did, he knew it would be well taken care of.  That was very nice of him, don't you think?    

Oh, and before I forget, we have a little difference of opinion about something in the office so I thought I would ask you.  When you write a letter and you put xxx's and ooo's on the bottom that means hugs and kisses, right?  Well the question is, which are the hugs and which are the kisses?  I say the x is the hug, the o the kiss but some say it's the other way around..  What do you say?

My bus stop is next!

Well, now I’m home and have been playing with the PDA to try to get the Adobe Reader to take the “tag format” without any luck.  I guess I’ll have to try again this weekend.  I did everything I could think of but it says it can not be converted.    Sigh.  Guess I should have just got the hardcopy.  The only convert you have to do is from the page to the brain.

Welcome to the new people!  “Evil Twin” is an unusual name.   ;)

I don’t remember reading that Errol Flynn’s son made a movie.  Is it available anywhere?  Was he a chip off the old block, looks wise?

I would like to visit Errol’s grave someday and put some flowers on it if it would be allowed.

As far as endearments go, the only reason I have a problem with them is if they are not meant or used as way to be demeaning or condescending.

I looked at the new site for just a second because I was trying to work with the PDA and am very impressed.  Will the DVD section just be about current releases or can we talk about old favorites as well?

I read where some of you are having a problem signing on.  If you look at the thread on Broadway World.com  Rob said it wasn’t ready for the general public yet but those with a BBW sign on could get on the board.  Correct me if I’m wrong but that might be why your having a problem signing on.

Well I want to go have another look/see at the new place but I will be back.

XXXXX  OOOO
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Up