Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: TERMS OF ENDEARMENT  (Read 33083 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
TERMS OF ENDEARMENT
« on: January 08, 2004, 12:02:49 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you know what's been announced, you know the topic of the day, you know what words we want to hear, so let's have loads of lovely posts, shall we?

;D :D :-*
« Last Edit: January 09, 2004, 12:02:36 AM by bk »

Laura II

Re:TERMS OF ENDEARMENT
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2004, 12:08:22 AM »

Chicken marsala--yum. I don't cook so I don't know recipes.
"I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2004, 12:09:10 AM »

Well, if you can't provide a recipe you'll just have to do a TRIPLE LUTZ.

Tomovoz

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2004, 12:10:08 AM »

Do we all get to dance the "Funky chicken" in honour of the DVD site? I am sure it will be of interest and value to the film buffs of HHW. Congratulations BK 1500+ posts and a new baby.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Laura II

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2004, 12:11:15 AM »

Oh! I must say I adore terms of endearment. I'm quite partial to "sweet pea." It is also one of my favorite fragrances at Bath and Body Works. I also like "honey" and "hun," but not "hon." "Cutie pie," "sweetie," and "darling" are nice, too. One time some guy called my friend "darling," and I laughed at his demonstration of affection. I now call her "darling," and it tends to bug/scare her!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2004, 12:12:20 AM »

I think the DVD thing will be lots of fun, but I want to reiterate it will in no way impact what goes on here EVER.

Also, I don't know why it's linking like it is, but it's taking you to the main page of accessworld.com - when you get there just click on the DVD icon on the left menu bar - that will take you right to our "Place".

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2004, 12:12:48 AM »

Congrats on the DVD Place, bk!

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2004, 12:13:49 AM »

...And good night.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2004, 12:14:36 AM by Panni »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2004, 12:14:23 AM »

I don't usually use terms of endearment (TOE in Internet lingo), but I've always like "Sweety-honey-baby-pussy-cat" from Little Shop of Horrors.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2004, 12:14:49 AM »

Oh, and chicken -

I like to cut up two count them two chicken breasts into chunky chunks.  I then like to cut up a decent number of mushrooms and then I like to dice an onion.  Then I like to melt some butter in a skillet and dump the whole thing in there, season it with salt, pepper, and a bit of Lawry's season salt, and sautee the whole damn thing up and serve it over a bed of rice.  If you haven't got a bed of rice, a futon of rice will do.  It's quite yummiliscious.  I call it Chicken Thing.

Laura II

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2004, 12:15:03 AM »

Yay for the DVD place! I don't watch a lot of movies, though, so forgive me for not posting about it earlier.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2004, 12:15:06 AM »

Hmm... chicken recipes...  Here's my favorite a la minute one:

Fry two or three pieces of good bacon in a saute pan over medium high heat.  Once bacon is cooked - nice and crisp - remove bacon from pan and crumble.  Pour off all but about two tablespoons of the bacon fat.

Saute one thinly sliced sweet onion in the bacon fat until translucent.  Move the onions to the side, then place two chicken breasts in the pan.  Cook on one side for five minutes - do not move the chicken or it will not sear properly - then cook on the other side.  Remove chicken breast to a warm plate.  Deglaze the pan - yeah, don't use a non-stick - with a few tablespoons of balsamic vinegar.  Once you have gotten all those good browned bits off the bottom of the pan, add the chicken breasts back in and cook over medium heat until done.  Transfer to a serving plate and top with the crumbled bacon.  Serve with vegetable and starch of choice.

-I think I may have left a detail or two out, but you get the point.  Oh, you can also "mount" the sauce with a pat of butter - or two.  Oh, and, of course, salt and fresh-cracked black pepper to taste.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2004, 12:16:57 AM »

Panni must give us a recipe for an authentic Hungarian chicken dish.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2004, 12:17:06 AM »

-And great news about DVD place!

-And, now, I, too, must say, "Goodnight".
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2004, 12:18:26 AM »

Panni must give us a recipe for an authentic Hungarian chicken dish.

Oohh.... Chicken Paprikash!  Although, I do love real Paprikash with beef!

Oh, didn't I say Goodnight already?

Goodnight, Already!
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2004, 12:21:59 AM »

I, too, must to bed, but before I go let me do just one final TRIPLE LUTZ.  The other late-night denizens can post away - can you imagine when the early to bedders get up and see that we actually beat the number of posts from the day before, plus all the head-start posts from tonight?  I do believe all those people will be doing TRIPLE LUTZES.

George

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2004, 12:24:48 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day (TOTD in Internet lingo), I've never cooked chicken.  However, I have had homemade food with chicken cooked by other people.  Anyway, here are some links to some low fat chicken recipes that sound really good :) (I hope the links work.  I can copy and paste the recipes if necessary):

Chicken and Apricot Curry

Chicken and Salsa Soup

Chicken Breasts with Burgundy Sauce
« Last Edit: January 08, 2004, 12:30:33 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2004, 12:27:23 AM »

I'll tell you one thing - I'm making one of these chicken dishes tonight when I get home from the Oaks of Sherman.

George

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2004, 12:28:25 AM »

And here's a low-fat Chicken Marsala recipe.  I've never had Chicken Marsala at all, so I have no idea what it's like.  Sounds real easy, though.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2004, 12:29:41 AM by George »

Laura II

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2004, 12:30:18 AM »

Sleep. is. good. I am so tired. I will probably be errant and truant tomorrow *tear,* so don't have too much fun without me! My friends are coming over to sup with me...I just said sup. Anyway, there will be about 12 or 13 of them (including Drew!), and then there's me. My poor parents and bro. :) Take care, everybody!

George

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2004, 12:39:40 AM »

And finally (since I am now leaving the HHW universe for the comfort and quietude* of my bed), Great News on the new DVD website, BK!  I'm sure that that will quickly become one of the most pop-you-lar sites on the Internet!

*quietude (a Manhattan Transfer reference!)

Jed

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2004, 12:55:27 AM »

Good golly, it takes quite some time to catch up on 600 posts!

Terms of endearment... I use "sweetheart" fairly often, but not much beyond that.

Chicken recipe... I'll try to come up with one later when I'm not tired.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jed

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2004, 12:57:48 AM »

I gotta say, I'm quite pleased with this new (to me) computer of mine.  Pages load faster, better sound quality, it isn't prone to all-too-frequent freeze-ups, and I finally have MSN Messenger back in my life.  It has a DVD drive, too, so I'll have to check that out shortly.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Tomovoz

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2004, 01:12:33 AM »

Congratulations on making it through all the posts Jed. Will Ann be able to cope with the "catch up" I wonder? Good night Washington.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2004, 02:54:02 AM »

Whew!  Again!

I have bookmarked the NEW DVD place and will do more reading later today....but I had to get through all the posts!  

And I will also have to think a bit about a chicken dish.

DREAM LOVERS by Dodd Darin is a nice remembrance of his parents Bobby Darin and Sandra Dee.  It is NOT a hatchet job but it doesn't spare either of them by covering over flaws.  It is a very personal look at the two of them and their lives together and apart.  If you are a fan of Bobby and/or Sandra, it is worth looking for.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Tomovoz

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2004, 03:11:21 AM »

Thanks Jack. I shall hunt for it. I doubt if it is available in OZ. I knew there was a reason for me to read posts at this time.
James Thurber 1957

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2004, 04:34:21 AM »

DRJed - I got a new computer last August to replace my 1998 vintage system....and it is great.  Just a WalMart ComPaq special (and I had to return the first one to get one that works) but yes a new computer makes a world of difference.  I can even make my own CD's!  Of course the 1998 model replaced a Radio Shack Tandy 1500 that used 5 1/4" floppy disks!  Technology....and now MR BK is talking about Memory Sticks!  We ARE the Jetsons.

TOMOVOZ - you won't be sorry you searched for the book.

Hmmmmmmmmmm......I like chicken breasts served on pasta alfredo.....with sliced tomatoes.  :)

As MR BK noted, if you can post at Broadwayworld.com you can use your same screen name and password at the new DVD site!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2004, 05:02:09 AM by JRand53 »
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ben

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2004, 05:28:54 AM »

From BK last night.

"Won't those who went to sleep thinking haineshisway.com had seen the best of what it was going to see be surprised".

Oh, I knew it was going to happen. I could feel it in my bones so it was no surprise this morning when I logged in and found 7 more pages to read before coming to Thursday. All I have to say is Welcome new DR Evil Twin. I think it's Swishy who says "Welcome to the Cookie Jar".

I recorded my reviews for Radio Wales. The first one will be broadcast next Wednesday, January 14th. It's a capsule (i.e. 90 second) review of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, which we saw on Christmas Eve in London. The show is a lot of fun. It's a big spectacle. They are very true to the movie although they did cut a couple of songs, including Truly's love song, which I missed. There are live dogs, a sweets factory,  a flying outhouse and a flying car and some excellent performances. It was a great Christmas Eve treat.

I have some pictures to post. I will do it sparingly so as not to hamper the viewing ability of those with dial-up connections. I also needs must post because people (as noted a day or two ago) are breathing down my neck, post-wise. I need to boost my numbers. I'll never catch up to the initial gods, but I'll have a good time trying.

Ben

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2004, 05:34:44 AM »

JRand, I remember the early Radio Shack computers. I even worked on on that used 8" floppys. And they had their own version of MS-DOS called TRS-DOS (pronounced terse dos for those of you who are even remotely interested). My first major computer (after the Timex 1000 with a membrane keyboard and a whopping 1K of memory) was an Atari 800XL in 1984. I stuck with Atari for a while thinking they would be one of the players in the PC battle but in the late 80s realized that they were falling into a niche category and while they did amazing things with games, Atari would not be a survivor in the computer world.

Chicken. I like most kind of chicken. I'm partial to chicken breast, usually marinated in a honey/mustard kind of sauce and sauteed or broiled, and served with fresh green beans. I also love Chicken Marsala, though I have never made it. If it's on the menu at a restaurant, I will usually order it.

Now, on to futzing with pictures so I can entertain you people.

Ben

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2004, 05:45:34 AM »

OK. Here's a picture of my arrival at Paddington Station. We had been on the plane since 8pm the previous evening so I make no apologies for my tired expression. It was about 8am London time. We took the Heathrow Express from the airport to Central London (a bit expensive but worth it IMHO). Since we came to Paddington Station and because Anthony likes to play with the photo editing program, you can see he scanned in the tag from our Paddington Bear and added it to my coat.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2004, 05:48:04 AM by Ben »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go Up