Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: NAMELY MARCH  (Read 24132 times)

MBarnum

Re:NAMELY MARCH
« Reply #150 on: February 28, 2006, 02:50:56 PM »

DRMBARNUM - Monica didn't die in CARAVAN, did she?  The last I saw of her she was tied up and rolled off the bed onto the floor....but I might have missed something.  She had a great number that could have taught Ann-Margret a thing or two....and she did get the DVD cover picture!

I believe that Monica lived to dance another day...at least as far as I could tell!

MBarnum

« Reply #151 on: February 28, 2006, 02:55:22 PM »

So how many people here will watch tonight's 2 hour premiere of THE AMAZING RACE?  I know I can't wait.  This is one of my absolute favorite shows!

I haven't decided if I will watch it or tape it...depends on how tired I am...either way, I am really looking forward to it...such a fun show! And I look forward to seeing the different countries that the contestants visit.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #152 on: February 28, 2006, 02:57:55 PM »

Well... I'm off...

(But most of you already knew that.) ;D

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #153 on: February 28, 2006, 03:00:11 PM »

No rain yet. I don't think it's going to, either.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

MBarnum

« Reply #154 on: February 28, 2006, 03:03:22 PM »

Thank you for the vibes today...I just got up from a nice long nap and as I get more and more awake I think I am feeling better...I think...but I am downing a big bowl of chunky soup and will watch a few episodes of LOCK UP to ensure good health.

Ginny

« Reply #155 on: February 28, 2006, 03:07:43 PM »

DH Richard and I just finished a hearty dinner of beef stew that he had made a while back and we'd frozen.  I made fresh biscuits to go with it.  This was our second meal of the day - for brunch I fried bacon in my cast iron skillet and then scrambled eggs in the same pan - yum!  Our garbage disposal has also eaten well today, because I cleared the fridge of some tired leftovers and expired dairy products.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: February 28, 2006, 03:36:23 PM »

I'm in the edit bay now, waiting for my editor who is habitually late.  The later he is, the later I stay.  

The mix is finished and sounds splendidly splendid.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #157 on: February 28, 2006, 03:59:08 PM »

Won't that just make you dizzy?

Oh... At first I thought you had typed, "I need to hop on it!"...

Nevermind...

;D

The very thought of hopping is making me dizzy and nauseous.  Or it could be the side-effects of the Cipro that the doctor prescribed.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #158 on: February 28, 2006, 04:01:23 PM »

And my thanks, aussi, for the vibes sent today.  
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #159 on: February 28, 2006, 04:05:19 PM »

DR D-t-M, did you watch the conclusion of BLEAK HOUSE?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 04:13:35 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #160 on: February 28, 2006, 04:18:27 PM »

Is it queasy bein' green?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #161 on: February 28, 2006, 04:22:39 PM »

One thing about daytime TV.  It sucks.  I'm watching the old Battlestar Galactica on the Sci Fi channel right now.  "The Gun on Ice Planet Zero".  

I think I'm going to change over to the things I Tivoed over the past few days.  

Tell me about it!  Thank the Buddah for Tivo and TCM!

Glad that you are feeling better, DR Danise!  Be like a cat--take a lot of little naps and bask in the sun shining in through the windows.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #162 on: February 28, 2006, 04:29:46 PM »

DR D-t-M, did you watch the conclusion of BLEAK HOUSE?

Not yet.  I know what a tearjerker it's going to be and I want to feel a little more fortified before taking it in.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #163 on: February 28, 2006, 04:32:13 PM »

Is it queasy bein' green?

I need a healthier looking avatar...
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: February 28, 2006, 04:52:24 PM »

The DSL lines here are like molasses.  AOL won't even connect properly.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #165 on: February 28, 2006, 05:04:21 PM »

~~~Recovery VIBES~~~ for Dan the Man

and DR CP and DR Penny O and DR Ginny's DH Richard & MIL and especially for dear Danise
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #166 on: February 28, 2006, 05:07:35 PM »

We bought a DVD set of Hill Street Blues Series One about a month ago and have just started watchingit over the past few days.  Disc Two is exhibiting problems, pixelating and freezing.... we no longer have the receipt.  Do yu think we could contact Fox directly and get a replacement disc or are we  just outa luck?
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #167 on: February 28, 2006, 05:14:52 PM »

We bought a DVD set of Hill Street Blues Series One about a month ago and have just started watchingit over the past few days.  Disc Two is exhibiting problems, pixelating and freezing.... we no longer have the receipt.  Do yu think we could contact Fox directly and get a replacement disc or are we  just outa luck?

If you paid with a credit card, the store (I assume that you got it at a store and not on-line) might (should?) still have a record of the transaction and let you get a new set since it's defective and not just something that you didn't like.  It certainly couldn't hurt to ask.  Good luck!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #168 on: February 28, 2006, 05:40:07 PM »

Today is Zero Mostel's birthday.  He was born in 1915.  He would have been 91 years old, if he were still alive.

Sunday was Jackie Gleason's birthday.  He was born in 1916.

I don't know when either of them died.

And that's Today's Useless Trivia of the Day. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #169 on: February 28, 2006, 06:17:21 PM »

We've had 2 phone calls today from the MiL - in the second one she told me that the sister-in-law who last night said she'd get some things (like clean clothes) from Grandma's apartment had not yet shown up.  I know for a fact that it does not take 24 hours to accomplish a task as simple as that.

Ain't family grand?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #170 on: February 28, 2006, 06:19:32 PM »

Speaking of family, DR Joy, your potential wedding scenarios read like a choose-your-own-adventure novel.  I hope all parties remember that the day is about the bride and groom and everyone else should just smile and have a good time (or act like they are).

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #171 on: February 28, 2006, 06:25:57 PM »

I am glad you enjoyed if DR Ginny! I wish my sister and brother-in-law would return my copy...they can't seem to find it. They didn't care much for the movie....my sister, evidently, doesn't "get" musicals...I think I will have to disown her.

Well, at least we know that she isn't gay!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

MBarnum

« Reply #172 on: February 28, 2006, 06:27:52 PM »

I got a disc from the Season one of VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA from Netflix today. It has the episode that my interviewee (and Allison Hayes best friend) Sara Shane guest starred in. She plays some sort of underwater queen or something. She said it was not her finest moment! LOL!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #173 on: February 28, 2006, 06:42:06 PM »

I was at Jane and Keith's wedding, and i do remember: Jane's mother WAS, indeed, sober throughout. Plus, she actually paid for our less-than-flattering-but-better -than-most bridesmaids' dresses... She had her issues, but she was basically pretty decent.

My mother had a great heart, when she was sober.  She was a bit like the girl with the curl. :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #174 on: February 28, 2006, 06:49:14 PM »

Back home - tomorrow we redo about four VO lines and then I re-deliver and then I can invoice and get paid.  

This is a way to send off February - with everyone sitting on their complacent butt cheeks?

George

« Reply #175 on: February 28, 2006, 07:04:14 PM »

I'm now leaving work.  Off to forage for food.  Later. :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #176 on: February 28, 2006, 07:31:59 PM »

7:30 and it's just Ann and I in the jernt.  The WUSSBURGERS are out early tonight, aren't they?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #177 on: February 28, 2006, 08:04:56 PM »

Good Evening!

Well... I was able to sort of crash the group sales presentation for Mary Poppins, and managed to snag some swag in the process too: a CD sampler, and a parrot-head umbrella(!).  Actually, I snagged two - with the assistance of DR Jason.  I'm keeping one for myself, and then giving one to Steve since he is the one who introduced me to "Mary Poppins" in the first place.  *I hadn't seen the movie in it's entirety until about five years ago.  And since I'm heading back down this weekend, I can present it to him sooner than later.
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #178 on: February 28, 2006, 08:05:25 PM »

Still no rain.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #179 on: February 28, 2006, 08:06:56 PM »

Does anyone else want to see Jane's wedding photo including PennyO in the less-than-flattering-but-better -than-most bridesmaids' dress?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up