Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: A SWIFT KICK IN THE PANTS  (Read 26727 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:A SWIFT KICK IN THE PANTS
« Reply #210 on: April 05, 2006, 04:54:42 PM »

FOLLIES opened on Broadway 35 years ago, yesterday!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #211 on: April 05, 2006, 04:55:35 PM »

Telly Trivia?

Movie Trivia??

80s Trivia??

Trekkie trivia?

Geography?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #212 on: April 05, 2006, 04:55:50 PM »

Page 8 Dance!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #213 on: April 05, 2006, 04:59:23 PM »

I Have a Smaller Than Normal Mouse - that it the name of my next book!!!

I wouldn't be braggin' ... if you know what I mean. ::)

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #214 on: April 05, 2006, 05:01:19 PM »

Last hour of my workday, by myself in Telephone Reference, no managers in our department tonight...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #215 on: April 05, 2006, 05:04:38 PM »

Last hour of my workday, by myself in Telephone Reference, no managers in our department tonight...

I am here at work until midnight... somewhat quiet tonight. Odd energy vibrating though....

Ginny

« Reply #216 on: April 05, 2006, 05:07:04 PM »

I am here at work until midnight... somewhat quiet tonight. Odd energy vibrating though....

It was a little odd (well, odder than usual) here earlier tonight, but it seems to have calmed down a bit.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #217 on: April 05, 2006, 05:15:18 PM »

It was a little odd (well, odder than usual) here earlier tonight, but it seems to have calmed down a bit.

Either the stars are misaligned or a very serious case of spring fever around here.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #218 on: April 05, 2006, 05:40:22 PM »

Penny, here is a re-sized version of the picture. If you right click with your mouse on that picture and choose "Save as..." option you can save the picture as a jpeg anywhere on your computer. Make sure you remember where you save it. You can save it to your desktop or a specific folder. Then you can go into "Edit Profile" and replace your current picture with the new one (very striking picture I might add).

Penny the new photo is striking, however, nothing wrong with having a younger version of you as your avatar.  So many of us do,  ;D mine whent up cause Bruce asked for a photo of me blond.  
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 05:42:27 PM by Jane »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #219 on: April 05, 2006, 05:47:46 PM »

Jane, I also like both photos of Penny, she is a very striking person both in beauty and personality!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #220 on: April 05, 2006, 05:48:36 PM »

Jane, that is a nice pic of you and  Keith... There is an old one of me on the net. It is actually on my website and it is rather scary looking.....

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #221 on: April 05, 2006, 05:48:48 PM »

Well, I'm having a last-minute dinner at Musso and Frank.  I didn't think I was going to have a meal tonight, so I ate a foot long meat ball sandwich at Subway.  Not a good way to lose weight, but I think I'll just have cracked crab tonight, and if I stick to the red sauce it will be almost no calories - no bread for sure, and no dessert.  Sound good?

Keep the home fries burning until my returning.  I'm hoping it won't be too too late because I am operating on two hours of sleep, and I must be refreshed for the reading tomorrow morning - I may, in fact, post the notes early and hit the hay.  We shall see.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #222 on: April 05, 2006, 05:49:47 PM »

Home again.

The day has turned glorious...cool breeze...blue skies, with cumulus clouds scudding along the horizon...the air smells sweet.

The old storm is moving out, making room for the new one that will be here tomorrow night or Friday.

I don't care.

I have today.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #223 on: April 05, 2006, 05:51:36 PM »

So...BK is outta here for a time.

And he may post tomorrow's notes early and go to bed.

Time's a'wastin'!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 05:52:22 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #224 on: April 05, 2006, 05:53:37 PM »

A new soundtrack from the glorious 1950s has been announced by Intrada out of Oakland.

A limited edition of Leigh Harline's score for Samuel Fuller's "House of Bamboo" is being issued on CD in full stereo.  There's nothing quite so glorious as scores out of the Fox music department in the 1950s!

« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 05:55:24 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #225 on: April 05, 2006, 05:57:42 PM »

Some of you may know that Leigh Harline won the Oscar for his score to Walt Disney's "Pinocchio", but you may not know he had a most prolific career as a film music composer.

Works that we have gotten on CD over the past few years include "Broken Lance," "The Enemy Below" and "Warlock."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #226 on: April 05, 2006, 05:59:34 PM »

New DVDs arrived today:

Francis of Assissi
The Nun's Story
Shoes of the Fisherman
The Miracle of Our Lady of Fatima (came in a box with the previous two...at a ridiculously great price)

I'm not feeling terrifically "religious," but those films are pretty good and have magnificent scores.

Oh, yeah!  And "Liza With A Z", which included a CD of the score...which I already had...but perhaps it's been remastered or has more music on it?

I won't know until I check it all out later this week.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 06:05:47 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #227 on: April 05, 2006, 06:01:06 PM »

Well...."American Idol" is now on the air on the East Coast...and someone will learn he or she is going home within the next 30 minutes.  

« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 06:01:19 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #228 on: April 05, 2006, 06:02:02 PM »

FOLLIES opened on Broadway 35 years ago, yesterday!

OMG...I was 22 and so full of ideals and hopes and dreams.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #229 on: April 05, 2006, 06:03:07 PM »

Do you ever get the feeling that a travelling salesman might stop in and disrupt things?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #230 on: April 05, 2006, 06:07:19 PM »

So sad to be posting all alone in the world.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #231 on: April 05, 2006, 06:07:36 PM »

But post I will.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #232 on: April 05, 2006, 06:07:51 PM »

I've another milestone to pass.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #233 on: April 05, 2006, 06:08:05 PM »

And it's waitin' down yonder...'round the bend.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #234 on: April 05, 2006, 06:08:22 PM »

It's not too fur a piece to amble toward...

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #235 on: April 05, 2006, 06:08:35 PM »

But I reckon it might tire some folks out...

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #236 on: April 05, 2006, 06:09:15 PM »

Right now, I'm listening to the companion CD of "Liza With a 'Z'," that I got yesterday with the DVD (well, anyone who bought the DVD gets the CD, too...I'm not the only one who got the DVD ;)).  I'd never heard it before.  It's Liza at her best! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #237 on: April 05, 2006, 06:09:26 PM »

nevermind... I'll get Keith to do this for me, in early May while I'm on my way North...

:D  

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #238 on: April 05, 2006, 06:09:27 PM »

But they can always just skim on by...

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #239 on: April 05, 2006, 06:09:38 PM »

It's what I sometimes do.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Up