Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: A SWIFT KICK IN THE PANTS  (Read 26207 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
A SWIFT KICK IN THE PANTS
« on: April 05, 2006, 12:26:09 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you know what color we're trying to change, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently giving each other a swift kick in the pants, just for the HELL of it.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 10:33:03 PM by bk »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:A SWIFT KICK IN THE PANTS
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 12:28:38 AM »

Cheering up and Bright sunshine vibes to bk
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 12:30:11 AM »

And the word of the day is: SPITTOON!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 12:31:32 AM »

Bk, Ron and I were having a lively discussion in the previous thread about earthquakes and perhaps you could shed some light....

It is referring to how people get out of studios if there is an earthquake and what is done?

The reason topic was bought up was due to watching Earthquake this past weekend...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 12:32:20 AM »

Ladies dont spit....

Only gentleman of the Victorian era in fine smoking jackets use them...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 01:06:17 AM »

There was an earthquake last weekend?

I've never been in a studio during an earthquake, but I'd have to imagine it's just like anywhere else.

Michael

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 04:45:58 AM »

TOD:
Which second season episode of Bullsh*t did you appear in?

Are you still on track for rereleasing Joan Ryan's cd (which is great btw)

You mentioned you might be releasing more of the STAGE recordings. Have all the shows been recorded?

Are there any guest star roles or pilots that are still missing from brucekimmel.com?
Never stop dreaming.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 04:53:34 AM »

TOD:
Which second season episode of Bullsh*t did you appear in?

Are you still on track for rereleasing Joan Ryan's cd (which is great btw)

You mentioned you might be releasing more of the STAGE recordings. Have all the shows been recorded?

Are there any guest star roles or pilots that are still missing from brucekimmel.com?

I think it was about recycling.

Yes, Joan's CD is still on track.

I don't know about all, but the last five years have been recorded, out of which only two have been released.

Not sure - have you added The Bob Crane Show?  I remember virtually nothing about it, but apparently I was on it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 04:54:41 AM »

Yes, it is five in the morning, and I've been tossing and turning and turning and tossing for most of the evening, unable to sleep.  I'm exhausted from all the tossing and turning, frankly, but there is too much going on in ye olde cranium.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 05:13:38 AM »

Ladies dont spit....

Only gentleman of the Victorian era in fine smoking jackets use them...
The rest of us use the floor.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2006, 05:29:41 AM »

Question for BK (and all):

What's your favorite advertising jingle?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 05:37:25 AM »

It's snowing here in Philly.  No lie!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ben

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2006, 05:40:01 AM »

Ah, yes. The weather has made a swift change from the weekend when we had lovely, sunny weather with moderate temperatures. It is now back to temps in the low 40s with wind and dampness. It is supposed to be nicer as the weekend approaches but we shall see.

Kerry

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2006, 05:44:20 AM »

No rain here-- just some cloudy skies off and on.  It was in the 80's over the weekend, so who knows what we'll get?
I am tired of cloudy.  I want either rain or sunshine-- none of this in-between stuff.
I like boat races.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2006, 05:45:42 AM »

Bright and sunny right now in Rehoboth Beach, DE.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2006, 06:03:24 AM »

Dear DR DakotaCelt: Earthquakes are, by and large, less dramatic than you have seen in the movies, particularly in California.  For one thing, while there is constant tremoring, the vast majority of the tremors are too faint to be detected by humans.  When the tremors are strong enough to be felt, most of the time it's a little jolt, and people look around and say "Oh, we must have just had an earthquate, tra-la!" and go on their merry way.

When the quakes are sizable, which doesn't happen that often, there can be some structural damage, but most buildings in California are built to withstand the shaking.  This includes the film studios.  If you've seen buildings falling down in films, it's because special effects wizards have designed sets to do that.  They rarely fall down and go boom in real life.

This is not to say that buildings don't fall down.  It's just that the buildings that fall down are usually located in Japan or the Middle East.

A side note: when I lived in California, which I did for most of my life, I rarely met anyone who was afraid of earthquakes.  Now that I've moved to Delaware, I've met several people who are afraid of them.  One of those people, Dixie (a front-end manager where I work) has repeatedly said how terrified she is of California's earthquakes...and then took a week's vacation in Las Vegas.  They have quakes in Nevada, too!  I had to laugh.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2006, 06:09:17 AM »

Hay fever has landed:  the dogwood - maybe it's a tulip tree - has blossomed outside my window and for the past three days my life has been a fuzzy throat, blocked sinuses, achey eyes and a desire for a heavy snowstorm.

I've got two sax parts to complete, so I'm foreswearing Toyland and its environs today for the desk in my own little corner.  And a lot of writing!

Alex Rybeck and I may see THE DROWSY CHAPERONE next Wednesday night, so that's quite exciting.  

I've also heard that a celebrated conductor, a legend in his own mind, but well-known for his gigantic ego and arrogance, has been calling around town begging for work.

TOD:  Dear Friend BK, is your reading of the new show going to be recorded for reference to any future productions?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2006, 06:18:06 AM »

I'm seeing Drowsy Chaperone this Wednesday evening (this very night).

I saw Wedding Singer last night. Laura Benati was very good but I wasn't impressed with the show. It may be a hit if enough people who saw and liked the movie go to the theatre. There were many audience members last night who saw the movie and loved it and happily compared last night's performance to the movie with positive results. If they tell all their friends and the friends go to the show, it could survive any pans it may recieve from the critics. It's not bad (although it is too long at 2 1/2 hours), I just don't think it's very good even with Rita Gardner, the original Girl in The Fantasticks, playing a randy grandmother.

Just because a movie was a hit doesn't mean it will make a good Broadway musical!!!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 06:24:05 AM by Ben »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2006, 06:20:54 AM »

Question for BK (and all):

What's your favorite advertising jingle?

"You can feel the fit."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2006, 06:21:12 AM »

I'm guessing sleep is out of the question.  Oh, well.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2006, 06:22:16 AM »

Hay fever has landed:  the dogwood - maybe it's a tulip tree - has blossomed outside my window and for the past three days my life has been a fuzzy throat, blocked sinuses, achey eyes and a desire for a heavy snowstorm.

I've got two sax parts to complete, so I'm foreswearing Toyland and its environs today for the desk in my own little corner.  And a lot of writing!

Alex Rybeck and I may see THE DROWSY CHAPERONE next Wednesday night, so that's quite exciting.  

I've also heard that a celebrated conductor, a legend in his own mind, but well-known for his gigantic ego and arrogance, has been calling around town begging for work.

TOD:  Dear Friend BK, is your reading of the new show going to be recorded for reference to any future productions?

I wasn't planning on recording the reading - I will, however, most likely tape it when we get it up on it feet for the staged reading in May.

Ben

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2006, 06:27:15 AM »

Gene Pitney died while on tour in the UK.

He was in Cardiff, Wales.

Here is another obit

Pitney

« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 06:30:08 AM by Ben »

FJL

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2006, 06:47:09 AM »

Dan - Thanks for the Philly weather report.  I'm off to Philly for the day in a few hours and will bring appropriate attire for the weather.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2006, 06:52:45 AM »

Sad news DR BEN.

Yes DR RLP - my CHIPS cd set arrived on Saturday!  I thought I wrote about it...maybe not.

Sorry DRS SWW and WFO.....didn't check the original post when I added a link!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2006, 06:58:12 AM »

TOD:

"Everybody doesn't like something, but nobody doesn't like Sara Lee"

"Do you know how to eat an Oreo?  Well to do it, you unscrew it, very fast.

'Cos a kid'll eat the middle of an Oreo first and leave the chocolate cookie outside for last."

"Mother, may I have another Nutter Butter peanut butter sandwich cookie? Please?"

Nestlea's makes the very best Choooooooooooocolate!!!!!" (sung by Jimmy Dean and Farfel "natch)

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2006, 07:19:58 AM »

For some reason, I've been humming "Brylcreem, a little dab'l do ya..." for days and days. Oy.
PennyO

MBarnum

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2006, 07:19:58 AM »

Very sad about Gene Pitney....I love his songs.

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2006, 07:23:05 AM »

As soon as I read about Pitney, I heard his voice singing "Town Without Pity" - very distinctive sound he had. Wow. How did the decades go whizzing by so fast? I was a teen-ager to Gene Pitney's singing...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2006, 07:24:13 AM »

Maybe it's time to change this picture... Ah, if only I had the tech chops to do it... (for the little-old-lady pic of Penny, see www.jewishthighs.com...)
PennyO

Ben

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2006, 07:34:32 AM »

Penny, here is a re-sized version of the picture. If you right click with your mouse on that picture and choose "Save as..." option you can save the picture as a jpeg anywhere on your computer. Make sure you remember where you save it. You can save it to your desktop or a specific folder. Then you can go into "Edit Profile" and replace your current picture with the new one (very striking picture I might add).
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 07:37:28 AM by Ben »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Up