Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: A SWIFT KICK IN THE PANTS  (Read 27155 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:A SWIFT KICK IN THE PANTS
« Reply #240 on: April 05, 2006, 06:09:44 PM »

:D

Page 9....and all is well!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 06:10:09 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #241 on: April 05, 2006, 06:10:56 PM »

Let's hold a meeting on it:
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #242 on: April 05, 2006, 06:11:22 PM »

I just hope no blood is shed.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #243 on: April 05, 2006, 06:11:41 PM »

Ah...a corner has been turned.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #244 on: April 05, 2006, 06:16:10 PM »

Well...."American Idol" is now on the air on the East Coast...and someone will learn he or she is going home within the next 30 minutes.  

Hoping for Bucky to go!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #245 on: April 05, 2006, 06:20:48 PM »

Whew!

Fine Amazing Race with a not surprising but sad conclusion.

DR GINNY & DAKOTACELT - what with Venus and Pluto in sextile and the sun AND the moon both in Aries - no wonder EVERYTHING is crazy!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #246 on: April 05, 2006, 06:22:07 PM »

DR RLP - Alex North's score for SHOES OF THE FISHERMAN has always been one of my favorites of his....right up there with THE BAD SEED and CLEOPATRA.

I think MR BK mentioned getting this box set last weekend.

THE NUN'S STORY is a wonderful Hepburn performance, but not a patch on the book.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #247 on: April 05, 2006, 06:22:40 PM »

Dakota, Danise mentioned she might be too tired to post during her first week back at work.  I haven’t received email from her either.  If I don’t hear from her soon I’ll give her a call & report the news.

And how do I go to your website?

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #248 on: April 05, 2006, 06:27:01 PM »

BEN!!! You da man!!!
PennyO

FJL

« Reply #249 on: April 05, 2006, 06:27:54 PM »

Back from Philly, having done some business, also was able to take in the touring production of WICKED, which is if anything even more beautiful to look at in this larger theater with a more compact stage.  Thought it was going to be at the wonderfully named Kimmel Center, but it actually turned out to be at the Academy of Music two blocks from the Kimmel Center building, even though it seems to be a presentation of the Kimmel Center.  Lots of people made the same mistake.  The sound, which has been a problem for me the times I've sen the show at the Gershwin in New York, was actually quite remarkable at the Kimmel Center, I mean Academy of Music, and the piece overall really packs a wallop.  There were understudies or standby for four count 'm four of the main leads, including Elphaba, Glinda, Fiyero and Dr. Dillamond, and the sign announcing these seemed partially hidden behind the cast list in the lobby.  :)    

But I'd never seen a touring production of this big a musical, and was suitably impressed by the reconception of the vast scenic design.  The more compact set actually makes the physically tremendous show feel more intimate than the sometimes I-don't-know-where-to-look but still grand Broadway set.  At the Kimmel Center, I mean Academy of Music, it's easy to take the whole thing in as one beautiful series of stage pictures.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 06:30:28 PM by FJL »

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #250 on: April 05, 2006, 06:28:03 PM »

So, everyone, this is me, with the dyed dark hair cut off and the Botox injections having been ceased more than a year ago. This is me!!!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #251 on: April 05, 2006, 06:29:14 PM »

It wasn't even so hard to do!!! Good ol' Ben went through the steps for me on page 4 - which I just found. And I'll be hornswoggled if it didn't work, snap, just like that!!! Hahahahahahaaaaa!!!!!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #252 on: April 05, 2006, 06:29:43 PM »

Gosh, I feel so successful!!!!! Ain't life just GRAND!!
PennyO

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #253 on: April 05, 2006, 06:30:26 PM »

Dakota, Danise mentioned she might be too tired to post during her first week back at work.  I haven’t received email from her either.  If I don’t hear from her soon I’ll give her a call & report the news.

And how do I go to your website?

Turn of the volume before you go. I have a really annoying wave file i cant get disconnected...

I hope to rework it this summer.

http://www.geocities.com/ceoltoiri/

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #254 on: April 05, 2006, 06:31:39 PM »

Gosh, I feel so successful!!!!! Ain't life just GRAND!!

Love that feeling of accomplishment. Lovely picture!

Jane

« Reply #255 on: April 05, 2006, 06:32:10 PM »

LOL Penny your hair is almost the same color mine was.

FJL

« Reply #256 on: April 05, 2006, 06:33:40 PM »

Penny, your new avatar is so beautiful, open, warm and friendly.  What a lovely picture!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #257 on: April 05, 2006, 06:35:18 PM »

I know the results of the "American Idol" competition this week.

The bottom three were truly unexpected...and not one of them should have been there...in fact, two of them were top three for me.

The one who left was an even worse shock.  Had it been the other, I'd have been done with the show for this season.  But...there's still some room to wiggle, but there're still a lot of crappy singers in the pack...which proves to me it's about youth...and funkiness...and has nothing to do -- at least, not much to do -- with talent and singing ability.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #258 on: April 05, 2006, 06:35:35 PM »

But, then...we all knew that anyway, didn't we?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #259 on: April 05, 2006, 06:36:36 PM »

How else could one explain such things as a Justin Timberlake or Britney or Christina?

If anyone has heard any of those three truly "sing", I'm willing to hear you out. I haven't heard anything distinctive from any one of them.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #260 on: April 05, 2006, 06:37:41 PM »

The bottom three were truly unexpected...and not one of them should have been there...in fact, two of them were top three for me.

The one who left was an even worse shock.  Had it been the other, I'd have been done with the show for this season.  But...there's still some room to wiggle, but there're still a lot of crappy singers in the pack...which proves to me it's about youth...and funkiness...and has nothing to do -- at least, not much to do -- with talent and singing ability.

who got bumped...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #261 on: April 05, 2006, 06:38:12 PM »

that is what they are saying on another board. The bottom three are a complete surprise

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #262 on: April 05, 2006, 06:38:47 PM »

they dont have the results posted online yet....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #263 on: April 05, 2006, 06:40:24 PM »

not a fan of Britney, Christina or Justin..

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #264 on: April 05, 2006, 06:41:42 PM »

Penny, the picture is lovely!  The avatar turned out very nice. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #265 on: April 05, 2006, 06:42:44 PM »

DR RLP - Alex North's score for SHOES OF THE FISHERMAN has always been one of my favorites of his....right up there with THE BAD SEED and CLEOPATRA.

I think MR BK mentioned getting this box set last weekend.

THE NUN'S STORY is a wonderful Hepburn performance, but not a patch on the book.
Well...I trust you know about this CD release of North's score?

BK gets things in advance of their availability to the rest of us!

I've not read the book, but I do love Zinneman's film and Hepburn's performance (and Finch's) along with Waxman's glorious score.

Jane

« Reply #266 on: April 05, 2006, 06:43:48 PM »

DakotaCelt, it was fun browsing your site.  LOL- found your photo charming, not scary.  How long ago was it taken?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #267 on: April 05, 2006, 06:45:15 PM »

DakotaCelt, it was fun browsing your site.  LOL- found your photo charming, not scary.  How long ago was it taken?

10 years ago...

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #268 on: April 05, 2006, 06:45:18 PM »

they dont have the results posted online yet....

I patrolled the Idol message board....the 9 were broken into groups of three...top 3, middle 3 and bottom 3.

No one in the bottom 3 had been there before!!!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #269 on: April 05, 2006, 06:47:10 PM »

who got bumped...

You don't really want to know do you?

If so, I'll IM the result to you.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up