Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down

Author Topic: PROFOUND PROFUNDITY  (Read 44088 times)

td

• td
Re:PROFOUND PROFUNDITY
« Reply #330 on: January 14, 2004, 07:12:19 PM »

Only the other day, we talked about some of the sublime transfers which Columbia has blessed us with on dvd; well, I just want to chime in with admiration for their transfer of Zeffirelli's THE TAMING OF THE SHREW.  I plugged this in a while ago, and, wow!  It is a very lovely transfer, and Liz and Dick are delightful.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Andrea

« Reply #331 on: January 14, 2004, 07:14:15 PM »

Almost every dog in Colorado has it to some degree. Picked up from drinking bad water, eating grass, etc..

I always thought it was good for dogs to eat grass? (Grass not that grass!).

That's my question of the day.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #332 on: January 14, 2004, 07:15:43 PM »

Yes.  You did.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

td

• td
« Reply #333 on: January 14, 2004, 07:17:22 PM »

I will translate Minx's response:

"Grrr.  Wooohooohoo.  Grrrfff.   Grrrf.  Wooo."

Translation:

Whenever I'm feeling poorly, I make td take me outside on the leash.  There I find lots of green, green grass.  I eat the grass; I feel better."
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Emily

« Reply #334 on: January 14, 2004, 07:24:01 PM »

LOL TCB! :)

Clothing Call: My Debbie Does Dallas: The Musical t-shirt and bilingual winter kitten pajama bottoms.  The latter has these cartoony kittens dressed up in scarves and tuques printed all over with those on the right leg saying "l'hiver venu même les chatons s'emmitouflent" and those on the left saying "winter chills and spills and thrills - always bundle up in hats and mittens, especially kittens".  I admit to the fact that the anglo kittens make little sense. :)    
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Emily

« Reply #335 on: January 14, 2004, 07:25:21 PM »

with this post I am only 10 away from god-dom (and sommorah - thanks for that LC) :)
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #336 on: January 14, 2004, 07:26:10 PM »

Miss Vickie likes nice fresh grass, too.

It apparently helps with her digestion.  And I find green blades of grass mixed in with hairballs and other matter she no longer wants to carry around with her.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #337 on: January 14, 2004, 07:28:18 PM »

It apparently helps with her digestion.  And I find green blades of grass mixed in with hairballs and other matter she no longer wants to carry around with her.

Gee, Ron.  Thanks for sharing.

:-\
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #338 on: January 14, 2004, 07:31:48 PM »

Keith just traced my family tree back to my 20th great grandfather who was born around 1135.   :o

Emily

« Reply #339 on: January 14, 2004, 07:32:41 PM »

I always thought people who blew their nose and then opened up the tissue to examine the... er... contents were gross.  Ron has officially brought voyeur grossness to a new level :P

Emily

« Reply #340 on: January 14, 2004, 07:34:45 PM »

Keith just traced my family tree back to my 20th great grandfather who was born around 1135.   :o

Some people listen to music when they get home from work.  Others watch tv.  Some might read.

And then there are those who embark on tracing the Medieval ancestral roots of their spouses.

The question remains - who is having the most fun? ;)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2004, 07:35:37 PM by Emily »

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #341 on: January 14, 2004, 07:35:03 PM »

Can some Californian H/K give me a definitive answer on the following question.  After having renewed my license by mail the last two times, I must now make an appearance in person at the DMV.  The renewal notice says:  During your visit at theDMV, you are required to: 1) pay a renewal fee of $24 dollars 2) take a vision test 3) have your thumb print and photo taken.

It says nothing about taking any abbreviated written test.  Seems the last time I was down there, it was merely a vision test and photo, but I can't remember.  

So...the question is:  Should I be boning up on the California Drivers Handbook in anticipation of having to answer some multiple choice or should I just take this notice at face value and expect no surprises?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #342 on: January 14, 2004, 07:35:11 PM »

Pogue: It wasn't a question of who was actually here or not - it was simply a question of narrowing down to who was listed (here or not) and who would be the likely person to have done it.  Likely person was the ONLY likely suspect.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #343 on: January 14, 2004, 07:36:30 PM »

Pogue II: I would make an anonymous call, and tell them the kind of notice you get and ask point blank if you'll have to take the test.

Jane

« Reply #344 on: January 14, 2004, 07:38:09 PM »

(yes, I'm collecting the state quarters, I admit my geekdom). I have yet to see Arkansas anywhere and I saw Maine once when it first came out. Lo and Behold (there's that phrase again) these were the two my BIL sent to me. Now Michigan is out but I haven't yet seen that quarter. I must persevere.

I must admit to collecting quarters.  I haven't seen the Michigan one yet, but then I really haven't been getting out much lately.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #345 on: January 14, 2004, 07:38:17 PM »

Gee, Ron.  Thanks for sharing.

:-\

y'wekkum

:D

(Ooh!  I just hit the "refresh" button again!"

This one's for you, Jay!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #346 on: January 14, 2004, 07:39:14 PM »

I always thought people who blew their nose and then opened up the tissue to examine the... er... contents were gross.  

And you DON'T????????????    ;D

How ever will you know what you've been exposed to if you don't look?  There's all kinds of crap in the air.

Bugs get trapped up in there...give their lives....drown in your nose!!!

« Last Edit: January 14, 2004, 07:43:05 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Laura II

« Reply #347 on: January 14, 2004, 07:40:41 PM »

DR TCB, thank you!!! :D

DR Charles, hope your head feels better!

DR Ben (and non-reader Anthony :)), I love the pictures!

Good vibes to Dan and Archie! ~~~~~~~~~~

Glad your car started, Jenn!

Uncle Woody, I didn't even notice the wine bottles! No worries! I think you're a very cute uncle! :) Also, good vibes to you and der Brucer!
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]
"I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me."

Jane

« Reply #348 on: January 14, 2004, 07:43:10 PM »

There's an alternative, BK!

Just do away with it.

If you give folks a choice, what is the justice in chastising them for exercising that choice?

YES, TAKE IT AWAY!  The boo option anyway.  I think the karma's are fun to give.

Andrea

« Reply #349 on: January 14, 2004, 07:44:09 PM »

Our reform Rabbi would not marry my brother to his Catholic wife, yet he considered my mother Jewish who didn't convert in the traditional manner.  I have been told by a Conservative Rabbi I and my children are not really Jewish, something I find very insulting.

While we're on this topic... anyone want to translate "bubala"? My google searches aren't coming up with anything.

CYGOPP (the bf) likes to pretend I'm jewish for the sake of his mother. I'm sure the rabbis would love that  ;)

Jane

« Reply #350 on: January 14, 2004, 07:45:15 PM »

I shall be off too. At last The Return Of The King. (I hope!).

Did you like it?  We FINALLY saw it today.

Jennifer

« Reply #351 on: January 14, 2004, 07:46:02 PM »

The karma-taking is about to backfire, however.  Apologies, of course, will be accepted (I'm not just speaking about MY karma - I could give a flying Wallenda - I just find it totally subverts what this site is about and frankly or even normly, I'm bored and tired of it) and the whole matter forgotten.  That is, if the karma-taker has what it takes to do such a thing.

Bruce,  I had also figured out how to tell who is taking the karma by looking at who is online.  The only problem is you have to notice exactly when it happens.

Personally I am actually quite hurt that I seem to lose 2 to 3 points every three days.  I'm pretty sure it's the same couple of people doing it over and over. And I agree, I find that childish.  Plus it's pretty hard to ever gain points when you lose 2-3 every few days :(

I am glad that you are making it game of it. Sounds like fun :)

MBarnum

« Reply #352 on: January 14, 2004, 07:46:59 PM »

T-shrit, shorts, 45 year old rayon bathrobe, slippers.

Now I must fix my dinner and watch, ta dum, FINDING NEMO which someone at work loaned me (she was amazed that I had not seen it yet).

Jane

« Reply #353 on: January 14, 2004, 07:47:59 PM »

Oh, Sherlock Kimmel, how sure-fire is your karma deduction?  I mean sometimes I come to the site and  

Anybody who can recommend an inexpensive, local computer genius/advisor send him my way.  

If only you lived in Portland I would send my son to build you a new computer.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #354 on: January 14, 2004, 07:48:21 PM »

Well, BK, that was hardly the definitive answer I was looking for....And have you ever tried to get a human voice at the DMV (or pretty much anywhere these days on the phone)?

Andrea

« Reply #355 on: January 14, 2004, 07:50:07 PM »

Clothing Check of today:

Bright green leggings under jeans with striped toe socks. Pink camisole. Black 3/4 length top. Beige Sweater. Blue hoody. Black sweater. Yellow down vest. Blue gap jacket. Red gloves. Black scarf. Green scarf. Blue hat. Black hat.

Please send good vibes to my brother... he's having trouble adjusting to living alone for law school.

Jane

« Reply #356 on: January 14, 2004, 07:54:31 PM »

Shiksa Goddess!

LOL, but Jewish all the way.  I just look like a Shiksa-comes from my mother's English side.

Jane

« Reply #357 on: January 14, 2004, 08:03:34 PM »

And that, DR Jane, is why organized religion drives me NUTS. Sorry if i insult any DR's - but ALL organized religion drives me nuts.

I'm not insulted.  I'm laughing.  That is what Keith told my rabbi when we had our pre-wedding meeting.  I had known the rabbi since I was very young and wanted to hide, but he asked Keith his views and Keith answered honestly.  I think the person I strive to be is based on the beliefs of the reform temple, or at least what I have taken from it.  But then I probably would have come to the same conclusions without organized religion.

Jennifer

« Reply #358 on: January 14, 2004, 08:07:15 PM »

Um DR Andrea I don't think you spelled it correctly.  I think my grandmother used to say that. To me it means "nice sweet girl".

Oh and you guys will never believe what I"m wearing. It is so cold.  I have like 3 layers on. But I have this soft long sleeved Seussical thingie that I love. That's what I'm wearing :)

Jennifer

« Reply #359 on: January 14, 2004, 08:14:19 PM »

Hey where did everybody go?

Where is Laura II to talk about The Bachelorette with?

Btw, I was jumping up and down cause the guy from Montreal (I won't give his name in case anyone is still watching) made it to the next round. Yeah!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up