Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE CRUMBLING MIND  (Read 20003 times)

FJL

Re:THE CRUMBLING MIND
« Reply #120 on: September 16, 2006, 05:55:46 PM »

And one for Millie!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: September 16, 2006, 05:58:36 PM »

I'm so tiiiired - so glad I got up at seven-thirty when I could have avoided the show today and just slept in.

FJL

« Reply #122 on: September 16, 2006, 06:02:07 PM »

Bruce -  Hope you already got the latest script (which will be what we go into rehearsal with) and the piano/vocals (for the numbers you'll be in) for Last Starfighter.

The tape of Skip playing the numbers you're going to be in should arrive via FedEx on Monday morning.

FJL

« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2006, 06:05:05 PM »

It's pretty much definite that the HHW gathering (in honor of Bruce's being in NYC) on Saturday, Sept. 30th around 8 will be at Joe Allen's on 46th between 8th and 9th.

Keep the RSVP's coming, preferably to my AOL address of DYLAN43RD.

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: September 16, 2006, 06:06:01 PM »

it's been one of thosed days that somehow disappeared. Got up early, as usual. Did all the usual morning things - including my walk - had to resist an entire street of garage sales. Then did a bit of writing and met a friend from Boulder for coffee. And - wait a minute - it's evening! I'm going out for dinner - either Greek or French - one of two restaurants in this neighborhood I haven't tried yet. Then a play. And that's the exciting story of my day.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #125 on: September 16, 2006, 06:06:21 PM »

Just got home from seeing "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels." Fun show. DR Sandra is singing "Great big stuff!"
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

FJL

« Reply #126 on: September 16, 2006, 06:22:40 PM »

Larry - Yes, Tomovoz, Colin and I will be at ...SINGING NUN on Friday night.  I'm sitting here joyfully with our coveted e-tickets in hand.  I couldn't believe my luck as I'd been trying and trying, but must have finally hit it just when something was released or exchanged or something like that.

François de Paris

« Reply #127 on: September 16, 2006, 06:28:25 PM »

Larry - Yes, Tomovoz, Colin and I will be at ...SINGING NUN on Friday night.  I'm sitting here joyfully with our coveted e-tickets in hand.  I couldn't believe my luck as I'd been trying and trying, but must have finally hit it just when something was released or exchanged or something like that.

I am GREEN with envy!

Lucky yous!!

François de Paris

« Reply #128 on: September 16, 2006, 06:31:03 PM »

Dick Van Dyke. The star of Mary Poppins, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Bye Bye Birdie and Diagnosis Murder. He was "Chairman of TV LAND", loaned his voice to the animated Curious George (2006) and Tubby The Tuba (1976) and was, of course, Rob Petrie of the classic The Dick Van Dyke Show.

But in 1956, Van Dyke was a struggling actor making his way in New York. One of his early breaks was signing a contract with CBS, and the opportunity to host a CBS network prime time TV series. However, the program in question turned out to be a showcase for the network's newly acquired animation library, with Van Dyke playing straightman to a collection of vintage Terrytoons.

Check this site and the first "YouTube" offerings!

1956! My! 50 years ago!!

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/archives/2006_06.html

François de Paris

« Reply #129 on: September 16, 2006, 06:37:24 PM »

Aren't those early sketches for Song of the South just precious?!

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/archives/jpmillermodelb.jpg

François de Paris

« Reply #130 on: September 16, 2006, 06:40:43 PM »

François' soliloquy:

"My little girl,
Pink and white and....."

François de Paris

« Reply #131 on: September 16, 2006, 06:41:19 PM »

I like to go swimmin' with women!

Yes I do!

François de Paris

« Reply #132 on: September 16, 2006, 06:41:58 PM »

The hills are alive

And it's pretty frightening!  (Thanks Barb')

François de Paris

« Reply #133 on: September 16, 2006, 06:42:50 PM »

In your Easter bonnet

With thrills ....

François de Paris

« Reply #134 on: September 16, 2006, 06:43:16 PM »

I go my way
By myself....

François de Paris

« Reply #135 on: September 16, 2006, 06:43:35 PM »

You brought a new kind of love
To me!

François de Paris

« Reply #136 on: September 16, 2006, 06:44:04 PM »

It does not look like HHW anymore!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: September 16, 2006, 06:45:04 PM »

Did I thank you for posting the "All That Chat" review?  I really appreciate it!  I think Andy will be happy that you're coming to see it.  Tomorrow night the show is at 8, not 9 so I will need to exit about 7; we'll hopefully have a new sound person.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

François de Paris

« Reply #138 on: September 16, 2006, 06:45:48 PM »

A Friend From Boulder For Coffee is the title of my new "how to" book:

How to grind coffee with a big rock and make friends!

François de Paris

« Reply #139 on: September 16, 2006, 06:46:38 PM »

Did I thank you for posting the "All That Chat" review?  I really appreciate it!  I think Andy will be happy that you're coming to see it.  Tomorrow night the show is at 8, not 9 so I will need to exit about 7; we'll hopefully have a new sound person.

I hope the new sound person is a... sound one!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: September 16, 2006, 06:51:21 PM »

I hope the new sound person is a... sound one!

Moi aussi!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #141 on: September 16, 2006, 06:59:52 PM »

Good Evening to all of the H/Ks and DRs here at the Living Room.

Dear BK -- I'm really sorry that the show turned out to be poopy.  There is nothing worse than being "at the table" at a very poorly attended event.....been there, done that.

Off to think about food now, and the evening.  I'll be thinking about the very festive festivities coming up in NYC soon.  Joe Allen's..Yum !!

Good luck with the sound-bitch Larry........yes, they come in both genders. :)

François de Paris

« Reply #142 on: September 16, 2006, 07:03:11 PM »

Tits and caf' (caffeine!)

Starbucks is celebrating its 35th anniversary. To mark the occasion, the coffee-to-go giant is adding its original logo, to the product packaging used by its shops in Washington and Oregon.

The vintage logo features a topless mermaid. And as we could have predicted, the very idea of female breasts -- even barely noticeable and not particularly attractive ones, at that -- has some folks in a tizzy. In fact, a Seattle Kent Elementary School principal is requiring her Starbucks-loving teachers to place protective covers over their Starbucks coffee cups.

One wonders if this principal also thinks children should not be allowed into art and science and natural history museums lest they see too much of the human form.

François de Paris

« Reply #143 on: September 16, 2006, 07:04:35 PM »

Good luck with the sound-bitch Larry........yes, they come in both genders. :)

You mean AC and DC?! ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: September 16, 2006, 07:09:17 PM »

FJL - music arrived, script hasn't.  I presume two separate packages, but I called today to see if anything else was there and there wasn't.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: September 16, 2006, 07:10:56 PM »

Frankly, I'm thinking of pie.  I had some Taco Bell earlier and am now thinking of pie.  Perhaps I'll go over to Gelson's, then across to Four and Twenty Pies - if there's nothing there, then perhaps Du-Par's.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #146 on: September 16, 2006, 07:18:41 PM »

Hmm, now I want pie...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

FJL

« Reply #147 on: September 16, 2006, 07:34:16 PM »

BK - The music (which already got to you) was sent priority mail, but for reasons that must amount to a brain fart on my part, the latest script was just sent regular first-class mail and it went out on Wed. morning, so it will (I hope) arrive on Monday.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #148 on: September 16, 2006, 07:53:31 PM »

Good heavens, François!  After reading Pages Four and Five, I feel like I have been mugged by Dan Dailey and Doris Day!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #149 on: September 16, 2006, 07:55:58 PM »

Two for tea?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up