Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE CRUMBLING MIND  (Read 19821 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE CRUMBLING MIND
« on: September 16, 2006, 12:28:19 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were whatEVER, and now it is time for you to post until the crumbling cows come home.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 12:19:54 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE CRUMBLING MIND
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 12:33:28 AM »

And the word of the day is: USUFRUCT!

Tomovoz

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 02:20:56 AM »

Flamin' frangipanni, usufruct was not a word I expected to see used in such bonza company cobber.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 04:35:35 AM »

Good morning DRs Ben and Elmore.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ben

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 04:37:45 AM »

Good Morning Tom and Larry. Saturday morning at the office and a quick peek at HHW before I move on to the Goldman Fund.

Larry glad to hear the show is sold out in the evenings but that means I probably won't be able to see it.

Tomovoz

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2006, 04:45:37 AM »

Hope the day goes well for you DR Ben.

I attended a Wedding celebration today. OzDerek's friends Paul & Brad used the recent English law changes.
James Thurber 1957

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2006, 04:45:53 AM »

Good morning, all!  I am having the eMac blues today!  My email is not loading in on my server, which is Netscape.  I can retrieve it through Webmail and my Mac Mail, but my primary server is not working, and it's the email system I like.  I spent about 90 minutes on the phone last evening with Time Warner and nothing worked. In the past, someone in CustomerServiceLand (Canada, I think) tweaked and rebooted the modem and all was well.  Right now, I can retrieve about half the email in my Inbox and receive nothing new.  I hope this doesn't mean a new one, because at the moment - between the IRS, my health insurance, trips to Ohio, and no paying jobs coming along - baby needs bucks!

I also received, before all hell broke loose, an email from the drummer saying the sound was screwed up at yesterday's performance.  What the hell is the problem with these theatre "sound" people?  Jonathan Tunick hates them, I hate them.  Damn.

So, I am a very unhappy camper this morning.  Hello, DR Tomovoz!  Howdy, DR Ben!  I hope you two can cheer me up.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Tomovoz

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2006, 04:49:19 AM »

"Cheer Up Charlie" . You could have to sit through Depp's Wonka!  You could have to attend a four day ALW festival with Bernadette doing most of the singing. Life could be worse.   I'll buy you a meal in a week's time.
James Thurber 1957

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2006, 04:52:54 AM »

"Cheer Up Charlie" . You could have to sit through Depp's Wonka!  You could have to attend a four day ALW festival with Bernadette doing most of the singing. Life could be worse.   I'll buy you a meal in a week's time.

What do I have to do to get a Big eMac out of you?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Tomovoz

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2006, 04:53:07 AM »

Whistling the "Carmen Boogie" may cheer you up.
- a boogie with the Carmen touch -.

Everything is for the best in this best of all possible ....

Is there a connection between Bernstein's "Oh Happy We" and ALW's "Love Changes Everything"?

James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2006, 04:55:03 AM »

What do I have to do to get a Big eMac out of you?
I would not ask TCB that?

Giving an Apple a day is not part of my philosophy.  Maybe you need a pocketful of miracles.
James Thurber 1957

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2006, 05:04:48 AM »

Whistling the "Carmen Boogie" may cheer you up.
- a boogie with the Carmen touch -.

Everything is for the best in this best of all possible ....

Is there a connection between Bernstein's "Oh Happy We" and ALW's "Love Changes Everything"?

Petty larceny, perhaps?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2006, 05:05:27 AM »

And the word of the day is: USUFRUCT!
Poor Motel was confused.  He had CUT US FUR coats from what he had thought was a gift from Lazar Wolf, but Lazar then claimed that it was not a gift but a loan, and that Motel had violated that loan's USUFRUCT.  By golly, it was that whole horse/mule business all over again!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Tomovoz

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2006, 05:06:08 AM »

How many pettys add up to a grand?
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2006, 05:08:20 AM »

Goodnight DRs Elmore and SWoody.  Enjoy your Saturday.
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2006, 05:10:19 AM »

Things will get better, dear Elmore!

I'm just not sure when.   :-\
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2006, 05:14:45 AM »

Goodnight DRs Elmore and SWoody.  Enjoy your Saturday.
Thank-you, DR Tomovoz.  I should try to get another hour of shut-eye myself, for der B and I will have a very long day today.  (The pups are so used to their doggy-biscuit breakfast being served by seven that the deliberately woke me up!)

How, oh how, are we going to entertain DR Jose after the matinee of Cabaret?  Enquiring minds want to know!!!

(Keep the suggestions clean, folks!  We cannot afford a hotel room, and none of us is named Smith!)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2006, 05:17:01 AM »

Things will get better, dear Elmore!

I'm just not sure when.   :-\

All I have to do is outlive it!

Jennifer

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2006, 05:52:33 AM »

DR SWW, re: the cake pan situation. When i say i was livid, i do not mean that i yelled at the clerk.  I was mostly livid inside. But I did talk to her about the problem.

But the weirdest thing happened when i went back to pick up the pan. The clerk was the sweetest nicest clerk ever.

And she told me she was giving me the pan rental for free.

And she said it was a big mistake and not my fault.

And she talked to the manager of the store about it because she was upset that this had happened.

Took me totally offguard since i came in and did not say anything (except to ask if i was supposed to pay now or later).

I mean I guess i'm not surprised that this woman realized i was right (since i was).  I mean if i reserve a pan for friday and am told to pick it up at 10am. I obviously would not expect it to not be there at noon.

She was actually more annoyed with the weekend staff for not writing what they told me on their records.

And actually I had no idea that they would rent the pan the day before me. I've never rented a pan before. They put it at the counter implying that it would not be rented again before friday (i had no idea carebear pans were that popular).

Anyhow it is interesting how you see it from the clerk's point of you.  In fairness to the clerk i did not realize that she was the one who actually rented the pan the day before. She was very sorry (after) and said if she had known, she would have only rented it if the woman could assure that she would bring it back by 9am.

I guess the part that shocked me was the change in her attitude. But i think she hadn't realized really what had happened.  And only when she thought about it (and realized that 2 others had made similar complaints) did she hash it out with the manage.

Oh well problem solved. And I was actually really pleasantly surprised by her.

Jennifer

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2006, 05:54:27 AM »

DR RLP, I'll bet they rent cake pans in the US as well.  It's not really widespread here. But there are a few places that do it.  I think people mostly rent them here for theme cakes that you know you won't be making again.

Ginny

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2006, 07:04:49 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  DH Richard and I were out until 2:30am, retrieving my mother and her friend from the Cincinnati airport and delivering them to their homes at the retirement community.

Today, we have to take care of the other side of our generation sandwich - move our DS Rob back to the University of Cincinnati for the third (pre-junior) year of his 5-year computer science program.

I am so ready for a week's vacation in NYC.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

FJL

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2006, 07:11:31 AM »

And New York is ready for you, Ginny!  :)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2006, 07:25:03 AM »

Greetings one and all... I trust your week has been better than mine....

Have a pleasant day at the event and extend broken leg vibes to Matt and Kevin for their thespian endeavours...

BK, charm them the ladies with the effervescent smile!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2006, 07:26:03 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  DH Richard and I were out until 2:30am, retrieving my mother and her friend from the Cincinnati airport and delivering them to their homes at the retirement community.

Today, we have to take care of the other side of our generation sandwich - move our DS Rob back to the University of Cincinnati for the third (pre-junior) year of his 5-year computer science program.

I am so ready for a week's vacation in NYC.

Good luck to Ginny's DS Rob as he starts his third year in college....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2006, 07:29:07 AM »

Off to catch up on earlier notes...

FJL

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2006, 07:32:50 AM »

Very interesting (but with spoilers) chatter write-up of ...SINGING NUN on All That Chat.  Hope it's OK to link it here.

http://www.talkinbroadway.com/allthatchat/d.php?id=307082

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2006, 07:36:30 AM »

Lovely picture Jane of your new baby... He is precious!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2006, 07:36:49 AM »

George, cute avatar!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2006, 07:37:13 AM »

Good morning!

Another beautiful day in the neighborhood (a MR. ROGERS reference), and with such cool evenings, I won't complain about the highs in the 80s the next three days. After that, it looks like things are going to cool down, at least for awhile.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2006, 07:39:31 AM »

Thanks, DR DakotaCelt, for the good wishes. I really hate auditioning, but at least for plays, there is definitely less pressure than for musicals where you have to remember your song lyrics and hope your voice doesn't crack, you have to pick up the dance combinations quickly and not look like a stumble bum, and you have to do cold readings. With plays, you only do the latter.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up