Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: TOO MANY WORDS  (Read 62855 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re:TOO MANY WORDS
« Reply #150 on: March 06, 2007, 09:50:55 AM »

explains to Fox News
"'Faggot isn't offensive to gays; it has nothing to do with gays," Coulter said on "Hannity and Colmes" Monday night.

Now, just where does she buy her dictionary?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #151 on: March 06, 2007, 09:52:38 AM »

Only 38 posts and I'm a full member no more...

I'm kind of sad about that.

You can do it Cason, we have faith in ya...

BTW, Good job with Brain!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #152 on: March 06, 2007, 09:53:24 AM »

As far as the TOD goes --

I have a pair of blue athletic shorts that we had to buy for PE when I was in middle school - and being a bit heavier then, I opted for the large pair - and now, here we are about 9 years later and they still fit really well.  (I was about to say, I've grown into them...but I've learned I REALLY have to watch my words around here)

Definitely a nice "going out for a run"/"lazing around the house" part of the outfit.
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #153 on: March 06, 2007, 09:53:32 AM »

Page 6 dance!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #154 on: March 06, 2007, 09:54:45 AM »

explains to Fox NewsNow, just where does she buy her dictionary?

der Brucer

Every time I stumble across a TV program about the "end times" and "Armageddon" and the "anti-Christ", I cannot help but think of George Bush as the latter...and Ann Coulter as "the whore of Babylon."
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #155 on: March 06, 2007, 09:54:48 AM »

BTW, Good job with Brain!

Thank you very much!  Hopefully it isn't the last time I get to don the Planet X tunic...
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #156 on: March 06, 2007, 09:55:25 AM »

and Ann Coulter as "the whore of Babylon."

Hee-hah!  And Ron knocks it out of the park!

Miss Karen

« Reply #157 on: March 06, 2007, 09:58:26 AM »

DR Miss Karen, I noted you have done costuming work. What shows have you worked on in the theatre?

Strictly community theatre, so I'm no pro, but love it.  After 20 years of civic theatre, I've worked on tons of shows, but my favorites have to be children's theatre and period ones:

On the Town -- cause of all the 1950s period stuff (I love working with hats and accessories)
Driving Miss Daisy
Bell, Book and Candle -- cause we did it circa 1960s
Godspell
Tons of melodramas -- western styles and old-timey costumes which are fun to do
Hansel and Gretel
The Hobbit
Stone Soup
Little Hospital of Horrors -- an original musical that we did goth/horror style
The Butterfly -- the play I just completed -- lots of insects

and my most favorite was the one we did this past fall, the musical HONK!

(and I love dressing sets for the same reasons I enjoy costuming -- I think it's important to have an eye for detail -- I believe theatre is a total package and it bugs me to see crappy sets and costumes, and non-profit civic theatre is no excuse -- take the time to do it right)  Opps, off the soapbox, Karen, she just wanted to know what plays you've costumed, not your theories on theatre.... :-X

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: March 06, 2007, 10:00:04 AM »

[move=left,scroll,20, transparent, 100%]
***JUST GIVE ME TIME, DR Miss Karen!!!***
[/move]

[move=up,scroll,20, transparent, 100%]
JUST GIVE ME TIME, DR Miss Karen!!!***
[/move]

[move=left,scroll,20,transparent,100%] Is this a contest??
[/move]

[move=up,scroll,20,transparent,100%]
Or what?
[/move]

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #159 on: March 06, 2007, 10:00:14 AM »

Every time I stumble across a TV program about the "end times" and "Armageddon" and the "anti-Christ", I cannot help but think of George Bush as the latter...and Ann Coulter as "the whore of Babylon."

I have a tough time thinking of Coulter as the whore of anything.  I mean, who would want to?  And pay for it yet?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #160 on: March 06, 2007, 10:00:58 AM »

Great news about Craig!!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #161 on: March 06, 2007, 10:01:31 AM »

I have a tough time thinking of Coulter as the whore of anything.  I mean, who would want to?  And pay for it yet?

And the hits just keep on comin'!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #162 on: March 06, 2007, 10:01:39 AM »

Thanks, DR Cason....

:D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #163 on: March 06, 2007, 10:02:09 AM »

Thank you very much!  Hopefully it isn't the last time I get to don the Planet X tunic...

I hope you get to do it again...

Perhaps someday it will be a film

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #164 on: March 06, 2007, 10:02:36 AM »

...and some people can't even give it away.....

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #165 on: March 06, 2007, 10:02:39 AM »

As far as the TOD goes --

I have a pair of blue athletic shorts that we had to buy for PE when I was in middle school - and being a bit heavier then, I opted for the large pair - and now, here we are about 9 years later and they still fit really well.  (I was about to say, I've grown into them...but I've learned I REALLY have to watch my words around here)

Definitely a nice "going out for a run"/"lazing around the house" part of the outfit.

Be prepared for the inevitable onslaught of offers.

Oh, and BTW--your inbox is full.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #166 on: March 06, 2007, 10:02:50 AM »

I just ordered 6 [count them, six] of BK's books from Amazon.

Perhaps our esteemed Global Moderator will be able to take us all to lunch on the royalties.   8)

GOOD FOR YOU, DR SINGDAW!! Gettin' with the program!

Soon you'll understand "What is it, fish?" and other such hhw-isms.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #167 on: March 06, 2007, 10:02:55 AM »

I am not a fan of Ann Coulter... She irritates me greatly!

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #168 on: March 06, 2007, 10:03:26 AM »

I hope you get to do it again...

Perhaps someday it will be a film

Oddly enough, I was thinking about that yesterday as I was listening to the album as I drove back here to LA...Hmmmmm...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #169 on: March 06, 2007, 10:04:16 AM »

Jeanne, wrote up my presentation for a librarian that is doing research also in the social sciences and mediated community.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #170 on: March 06, 2007, 10:04:16 AM »

My friend Cassie actually got to meet two of the guys from the band. Steve Kemp and his twin brother.

Steve Kemp? I knew a Steve Kemp once. He wasn't a programmer from San Diego, was he?

Miss Karen

« Reply #171 on: March 06, 2007, 10:04:22 AM »

[move=left,scroll,20,transparent,100%] Is this a contest??
[/move]

[move=up,scroll,20,transparent,100%]
Or what?
[/move]

Yep, and plenty of contestants here for "Who's The Biggest Show-Off"..... :P

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #172 on: March 06, 2007, 10:04:37 AM »

Be prepared for the inevitable onslaught of offers.

Oh, and BTW--your inbox is full.

I know...you would think I'd learn...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #173 on: March 06, 2007, 10:05:42 AM »

Steve Kemp? I knew a Steve Kemp once. He wasn't a programmer from San Diego, was he?

Don't think so... This guy went into acting and was on Eastenders for awhile in Britain.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #174 on: March 06, 2007, 10:06:11 AM »

Yep, and plenty of contestants here for "Who's The Biggest Show-Off"..... :P

who me?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #175 on: March 06, 2007, 10:06:56 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Miss Karen is a lovely person![/move]

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #176 on: March 06, 2007, 10:08:39 AM »

and back to continue on these band parts!

Speaking of which:

I chatted up Alex's (4th grade Grandlad) Music teacher about the lessons to be offered next year. It is true that "keyboard" will not be an option. (I told her about Alex's Dad's refusal to allow him to play, in his house, any musical instrument that makes noise.) I have a fairly nice keyboard he could use with headphones to keep everybody happy. Well, all the instrument choices (Clarinet, Sax, French Horn, Flute, Trumpet, Drums) have no electronic counterparts (I know of).

She agrees that keyboards would answer the parental objection and also provide Alex with good grounding in music (a hell of a lot better than Drums!)

So what's the problem:

The school purchases their music arrangements in a band package which does not include keyboard charts!

I told her I would pay for the music if she could acquire it.

She will investigate.

(I think I worked a successful guilt/sympathy trip on her.)

der Brucer

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #177 on: March 06, 2007, 10:09:10 AM »

Very nice.  Our department has just had a combo status meeting/pizza party, so I don't have to bundle up and head out into the unforgiving cold and wind to get lunch.

For the record, I had one slice of plain and one of Ultra Vegetarian.
-- Anaïs Nin

Miss Karen

« Reply #178 on: March 06, 2007, 10:09:34 AM »

I just ordered 6 [count them, six] of BK's books from Amazon.

Perhaps our esteemed Global Moderator will be able to take us all to lunch on the royalties.   8)

:-* (the closet icon I could find for "kiss-up").....We're gonna have to watch this new kid, or we'll out be out of bk's will in no time....so how many Brain CDs have you ordered?  Huh, Mr. Trying to Be BK's Favorite?...

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #179 on: March 06, 2007, 10:11:28 AM »

;D
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23   Go Up