Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DONUT KING  (Read 53613 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:THE DONUT KING
« Reply #180 on: March 26, 2007, 12:01:53 PM »

[shadow=color,glow width,#characters wide][size=8]
Page 7
[/size][/font][/color][/shadow]
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 12:03:15 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #181 on: March 26, 2007, 12:04:17 PM »

Man!  

Draggy day, thus far.

And I'm hungry.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #182 on: March 26, 2007, 12:05:02 PM »

The Monday night TV lineup is dreariness to the 7th power.

Whenever will "Heroes" return to brighten up the first day of the week?

Cillaliz

« Reply #183 on: March 26, 2007, 12:06:53 PM »

If a Donut King marries a Dairy Queen...

LOL Im sitting here eating a Dairy Queen Footlong and fries..and what's the first post that I see

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #184 on: March 26, 2007, 12:08:59 PM »

Synchronicity, DR CILLA LIZ.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Cillaliz

« Reply #185 on: March 26, 2007, 12:09:24 PM »

questions where you have to try to make one thing another....My mind cannot do that.....

Isn't that what acting is?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #186 on: March 26, 2007, 12:09:32 PM »

Yesterday was busy!

I was up at 5:50 a.m.  I stripped my bed and made a trip to a laundromat with pillows (two standard, two body), a quilt and three fleece blankets, plus a very substantial mattress pad that fluffed up so full after an hour's drying that I could barely fold it in half to carry it to my car!

I was back home by 10 a.m.   Even though I wash clothes weekly, my machine cannot handle large items like blankets, pillows, etc.   So for this week's laundry, I took everything else I'd normally wash at home.

My arms are plenty sore from all the reaching and stretching (to hold heavy wet items and get them to a large dryer) (to keep dried items off the floor while I folded them).  

The afternoon I spent watching the first disc of the first season of "Lost".  SPECTACULAR on my plasma HDTV.  I took a break to prepare my dinner, and then settled in and watched the episodes again with the commentaries on.  A very enjoyable evening that ended at 10 p.m.  

MBarnum

« Reply #187 on: March 26, 2007, 12:11:09 PM »

DR MBARNUM - did you say that Laurie Mitchell was doing a commentary track for the upcoming DVD release of QUEEN OF OUTER SPACE?

I know Yvette Vickers did one for ATTACK OF THE 50 FOOT WOMAN....with Tom Weaver.

Yes

Cillaliz

« Reply #188 on: March 26, 2007, 12:20:16 PM »

Well that is the last of my junk food for awhile.  It's time to diet. I'm trying to decide if I want to start really getting serious and training on my bicycle to ride a couple days in the Register's Annual Great Bike Ride Across Iowa (RAGBRAI). I've always wanted to ride a couple days, but have never really had the time. It's the week after I quit here, so no commitments.  The only thing is I'd need to get in shape, they average 68 miles per day.

Cillaliz

« Reply #189 on: March 26, 2007, 12:22:48 PM »

It's a city on bicycles - 10,000 people cross the state in one week.  I've been in the start cities and the over night cities a couple times, but never experienced the actual ride.

Cillaliz

« Reply #190 on: March 26, 2007, 12:23:59 PM »

Here's a link to the website
http://www.ragbrai.org/

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #191 on: March 26, 2007, 12:24:21 PM »

Well that is the last of my junk food for awhile.  It's time to diet. I'm trying to decide if I want to start really getting serious and training on my bicycle to ride a couple days in the Register's Annual Great Bike Ride Across Iowa (RAGBRAI). I've always wanted to ride a couple days, but have never really had the time. It's the week after I quit here, so no commitments.  The only thing is I'd need to get in shape, they average 68 miles per day.

Yeah, 68 miles on a bicycle per day would get you in shape.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #192 on: March 26, 2007, 12:24:49 PM »

It would give ME a heart attack, though.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

singdaw

« Reply #193 on: March 26, 2007, 12:32:59 PM »

That's way cool, DR Cillaliz; I hope you go for it.  But even if you do just a day or two, or even if you just consider it - there's no downside to that!

singdaw

« Reply #194 on: March 26, 2007, 12:35:19 PM »

Techno-geek question for any DRs:  Does anyone access this site via a Treo or Treo-like cell phone?

It will be time for me to get a new phone in a few months, and I'm wondering if I should spring for a plan that includes Internet - and whether you could access this site [satisfactorily] on a Treo or a Blackberry or such.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #195 on: March 26, 2007, 12:35:20 PM »

Is that kinda like having Eva Peron sing "Another Suitcase in Another Hall" in the movie?

Exactly!

:P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

singdaw

« Reply #196 on: March 26, 2007, 12:36:39 PM »

Actual quote from a manager, just heard on a real conference call:

Let's get the meat, and then go back and do the potatoes.

singdaw

« Reply #197 on: March 26, 2007, 12:38:29 PM »

I was just informed I'll have to provide a photo to be included in an upcoming client presentation for work, so perhaps I'll join the avatar-changing trend!   [kicking and screaming...]

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #198 on: March 26, 2007, 12:38:41 PM »

And the word of the day is: OMNIFARIOUS!
To think that all the cows can say is MOO IS UNFAIR - their language skills are more OMNIFARIOUS than that!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #199 on: March 26, 2007, 12:40:26 PM »

DerBrucer - There are no bones to be picked about it.  This board has made no secret of wanting career advancement for Cason.  If it means we might have to watch him take his clothes off in order for us to be supportive, that's just the way it is.

Hey, I'll take all the help I can get at this point!
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #200 on: March 26, 2007, 12:49:57 PM »

OMG, all these new avatars!  

Maybe I'll dig up a photo from the year Der Brucer took that seafarer picture, but still - I kind of enjoy having Toby and Dylan as my avatar.
I'm the one to blame for der B's new avatar.  We were in Austria at the time.  Circa 1987/88, something like that.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #201 on: March 26, 2007, 12:54:57 PM »

I've written a little over three pages, and have moved onto the next chapter.  

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #202 on: March 26, 2007, 12:55:17 PM »

TOD - My Dinner With Andre.   ::)

(Well, maybe the exact opposite of the TOD.   8))

singdaw

« Reply #203 on: March 26, 2007, 12:57:03 PM »

We were in Austria at the time.  Circa 1987/88, something like that.

How long have the two of you been together, anyway?  If you don't mind my asking.  It seems like it would be an estimable number of years.

Cillaliz

« Reply #204 on: March 26, 2007, 12:58:48 PM »

To think that all the cows can say is MOO IS UNFAIR - their language skills are more OMNIFARIOUS than that!

the cows here say "Eat Chicken"

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #205 on: March 26, 2007, 01:00:44 PM »

Techno-geek question for any DRs:  Does anyone access this site via a Treo or Treo-like cell phone?

It will be time for me to get a new phone in a few months, and I'm wondering if I should spring for a plan that includes Internet - and whether you could access this site [satisfactorily] on a Treo or a Blackberry or such.

DR Singdaw, check to see if the Treo uses Blazer as its web browser.  I have a Palm TX that uses Blazer, and while it does access this here site very well, it does not allow for posting because the Submit button does not work.  I've been looking for another browser to install but it seems a complicated affair.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

singdaw

« Reply #206 on: March 26, 2007, 01:02:17 PM »

Thanks very much, DR Dan (the Man)!  :)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #207 on: March 26, 2007, 01:03:41 PM »

I'm casting stones right now.  There are times I've wanted to stone casts, that much I can tell you.

Would you cast Pearls before Swine?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #208 on: March 26, 2007, 01:03:53 PM »

If a Donut King marries a Dairy Queen...
...would Pat Robertson approve?

singdaw

« Reply #209 on: March 26, 2007, 01:04:10 PM »

It seems like it would be an estimable number of years.

And I mean that in the sense of "worthy of esteem", not "capable of being estimated."   :)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18   Go Up