Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31   Go Down

Author Topic: GOING AND DOING  (Read 74725 times)

Miss Karen

Re:GOING AND DOING
« Reply #360 on: March 28, 2007, 12:19:24 PM »

...oh, the inhumanity of it all !!

....(I've been waiting for the opportunity to use that line..)...

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #361 on: March 28, 2007, 12:20:17 PM »

BK asked how I found the site... I navigated here from kritzerland.com - and I navigated there from another board, where he knows me as Southall.

We like Kritzerland fans.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #362 on: March 28, 2007, 12:21:36 PM »

I drove by a terrible accident when I left Sioux City. Someone had been going the wrong way on the interstate and smashed into the cement rail at the beginning of a bridge.

At least they didn't go off the bridge like that bus of college kids here!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #363 on: March 28, 2007, 12:23:00 PM »

Ha ha!  I didn't even realize that!  I'm glad I've got you around here, DGM (Dear Goddess Mother)

Has DR CASON not read the Kritzer series??

I'm shocked!

Edisaurus

« Reply #364 on: March 28, 2007, 12:23:13 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] 8) [/move]
[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%] :o [/move]
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] ;D [/move]
[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%] :) [/move]
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] :-* [/move]
[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%] :P [/move]

Fancy, Sing!!! :D
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Miss Karen

« Reply #365 on: March 28, 2007, 12:25:31 PM »

Has DR CASON not read the Kritzer series??

I'm shocked!

See his post #272 today, if you haven't already...

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #366 on: March 28, 2007, 12:26:32 PM »

Southall!  I was worried when someone said UK that it might be that bad boy tallguy come to make trouble.

Mr. Southall wrote that lovely review of the Shire CD that I posted yesterday, and we welcome him with open arms and closed feet.

We certainly do welcome him! Glad to have you aboard!

Miss Karen

« Reply #367 on: March 28, 2007, 12:28:04 PM »

Fancy, Sing!!! :D

I'd call it showboating ..... or rafting...

(but then again, I'm a jealous, bitter, old Cro-Magnon Lady...)

Edisaurus

« Reply #368 on: March 28, 2007, 12:30:15 PM »

BUT Midwest has wide leather seats and chocolate chip cookies...

From now on, I'm flying Midwest!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #369 on: March 28, 2007, 12:31:12 PM »

Maybe DR MichaelS's cell phone and DR Elmore's DVD remote have run off together?

;D

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #370 on: March 28, 2007, 12:32:57 PM »

DR DtM - and others who might be interested - I slogged through Act One of THE SKIN OF OUR TEETH, but I didn't give up.

Act Two is coming along nicely and I like it much better....so time will tell.  I don't think Blair Brown is the perfect Sabina.....

I remember loving her in it, but as I was watching it again when I made the DVD, I thought she rushed through too much (and I'm not talking about the parts she was supposed to rush through.)  Also, that diva act she does at the beginning doesn't quite make sense.

The second act is fun, but the third is my favorite--I won't say more.

And congratulations for getting past the dinosaur's first line!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #371 on: March 28, 2007, 12:39:11 PM »

DR Jose - please say HI to DR Joy and tell her that we miss her!

Yes, please do!!

Edisaurus

« Reply #372 on: March 28, 2007, 12:41:06 PM »

Edi - The RSVP's keep rolling in.  vixmom and vixter will be joining the brunch group on Sunday, as will Rodzinski - not sure about TPunk yet, though.

I am thrilled to meet them all, and so grateful for you both for offering your home and hospitality to us to meet all these DR's. If only Singdaw could join us....

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #373 on: March 28, 2007, 12:41:12 PM »

I've been whistling Bill Conti's theme from AN UNMARRIED WOMAN almost all afternoon.  I wish this soundtrack was on CD.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #374 on: March 28, 2007, 12:43:57 PM »

Cilla you have reminded me why I should take an early morning flight instead of an early evening flight.  I don’t want to arrive in L.A. very late if my flight is delayed.  It is very difficult getting a non-stop flight out of here at a decent hour.  :P  Is this face a groan, a gagging expression or what-lol.  For now I will call it a groan.

Edisaurus

« Reply #375 on: March 28, 2007, 12:44:59 PM »

My partner Peter loves the reviews of a Villiage Voice fim critic named J Hoberman. When it turned out that he would be the one reviewing our film,  Peter was on pins and needles.

We just got a courtesy copy of his review, which will be in the Voice tomorrow.

Shall I post it?   ;D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #376 on: March 28, 2007, 12:46:16 PM »

Question for DR Jose:

Who is orchestrating/arranging ALL ABOUT US?
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
Not Me!!!!!!
[/move]

(Sob)
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #377 on: March 28, 2007, 12:47:21 PM »

Just thought I'd check back in and say hello again.

Currently, I'm paging through some monologue books -- looking for ones that I can adapt to make good scenes for my reel.  Since my mother and I have some knowledge of filming and editing, we decided that we'd do it ourselves rather than waiting for me to work on several student films, hope that they were of good enough quality that I'd LIKE to use them, and then hope that it was material that really showed off my range, then drop some dough to have someone edit the darn thing.  :D

Not that I am going to tax anyone, but if any of you actors out there have any favorite monologues that are worth looking into, lemme know...
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #378 on: March 28, 2007, 12:52:19 PM »

Oh, but we do -- our gratuitous posts are so important and so vital .. how can you function without every last morsel of information we impart?

The fact that you don't live to read every one of my posts is... well, hurtful...where is my tissue box... :'(...look what've you done, you made DR Karen cry...

Yeah, RIGHT!

8)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #379 on: March 28, 2007, 12:52:34 PM »

And just who is this new DR ANIMALMAGNETISM who joined us last night?  I do hope he returns. A Brit? Maybe he's a fan of British drama.

I do so hope he's not a particular Brit currently at University of Toronto, and that's all I will say on the subject.  For now.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #380 on: March 28, 2007, 12:54:21 PM »

MBarnum - clean out your inbox!  I was trying to send you a nice note, but it says that there was an error because your inbox was too full.

I will be good . . .

I will be good . . .

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #381 on: March 28, 2007, 12:56:15 PM »

Not Me!!!!!!
[/move]

(Sob)

For some godforsaken reason, they did not want the best.
-- Anaïs Nin

Edisaurus

« Reply #382 on: March 28, 2007, 12:59:07 PM »

Not Me!!!!!!
[/move]

(Sob)

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
Chinchy Bassas!!!!!!
[/move]

« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 01:00:39 PM by Edisaurus »

Ben

« Reply #383 on: March 28, 2007, 12:59:15 PM »

I do so hope he's not a particular Brit currently at University of Toronto, and that's all I will say on the subject.  For now.

The person to whom you refer is a registered member of this board (sometime in 2004) but he never posts. If I recall correctly, a long time ago well before you joined and before the board switched over to the current format he did have a post or two (or more). He is much more vocal at rec.arts.theatre.musicals and, as you know, he has been know to make a post or two at castrecl  ;)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 01:00:08 PM by Ben »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #384 on: March 28, 2007, 01:00:54 PM »

Hi there.  I'm original from the Midlands (near Birmingham) but now reside in Bristol.  Being English, I have been partying like there's no tomorrow ever since the weekend in celebration of Sir Elton John's 60th birthday.

BK asked how I found the site... I navigated here from kritzerland.com - and I navigated there from another board, where he knows me as Southall.

I look forward to participating here once I get the lie of the land.  It is probably an opportune moment to announce that I like cows - and frequently enjoy cow-based produce.

As Don Ottavio sings in Don Giovanni, "respiro!" Welcome, DR AnimalMagnetism.  Did you order a copy of THE BRAIN FROM PLANET X?

MBarnum

« Reply #385 on: March 28, 2007, 01:02:11 PM »

And a big welcome from me also, DR (Dear Reader) AnimalMagnetism

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #386 on: March 28, 2007, 01:02:38 PM »

I will be good . . .

I will be good . . .

;D  That'd be a first.
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #387 on: March 28, 2007, 01:02:53 PM »

Finally caught up on today's posts.  (With distractions.)

Yesterday was kinda interesting at work.  It started out normally enough, a bit slow because the weather was wonderful (everyone wants to head to the beach, not shop).  Then we had a mini-crisis.  

Andre, our cart wrangler during most of the week, got a call from home - family emergency - and had to leave.  So I was asked a) if I could wrangle carts, and b) if I could stay an extra couple of hours.  The answers were yes and yes.

So I got to get outside and enjoy the wonderful weather.

For dinner, I made us hamburgers, with fries, a wedge of iceberg (topped by thousand island dressing), and cole slaw.

I have no idea whatsoever about what dinner tonight will be.  I suppose I should pull something from the freezer to thaw.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #388 on: March 28, 2007, 01:03:02 PM »

Yes, welcome to the par-tay, DR AnimalMagnetism!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #389 on: March 28, 2007, 01:07:16 PM »

DR DtM - and others who might be interested - I slogged through Act One of THE SKIN OF OUR TEETH, but I didn't give up.

Act Two is coming along nicely and I like it much better....so time will tell.  I don't think Blair Brown is the perfect Sabina.....

DR JRand56, I wasn't crazy about the production, and I love the play, so I would agree with you on the DVD.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31   Go Up