Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SPLIT LICKETY  (Read 38057 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:THE SPLIT LICKETY
« Reply #180 on: June 06, 2007, 10:44:13 AM »

Front page - above the fold.

http://www.bannergraphic.com/

Cinderella dance at link.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 10:44:41 AM by JRand56 »
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #181 on: June 06, 2007, 10:48:41 AM »

I'm listening to CURTAINS right now.  Did they have to include that much lead-in music for "Thataway"?  And all that dance music for "Kansasland"?  And then there's all that dialogue for lead-ins...  Not a sharply produced recording, IMHO.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #182 on: June 06, 2007, 10:49:25 AM »

I'm listening to CURTAINS right now.  Did they have to include that much lead-in music for "Thataway"?  And all that dance music for "Kansasland"?  And then there's all that dialogue for lead-ins...  Not a sharply produced recording, IMHO.

Maybe you got the Special Extended Edition.  8)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #183 on: June 06, 2007, 10:49:46 AM »

Just Amazon's way of saying "Thanks!"

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #184 on: June 06, 2007, 10:49:59 AM »

Laura, I hope you can resolve the issues with the vanity!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #185 on: June 06, 2007, 10:50:38 AM »

The dvd of Xanadu you are talking about, is the musical or the movie with Olivia Newton-John?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

singdaw

« Reply #186 on: June 06, 2007, 11:00:15 AM »

DR DakotaCelt, I think the movie with Olivia Newton-John IS a musical.

singdaw

« Reply #187 on: June 06, 2007, 11:01:07 AM »

DR JRand56:  **ALERT*  M. Wade Wingler is staging a surge!  :(

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #188 on: June 06, 2007, 11:01:28 AM »

Question #2 For Ask BK Day

Do you have any "Lost In Boston" Songs? (Other than Where is A Man from 1st Nudie Musical)

If you mean songs cut from shows I wrote - sure.  Stages' What A Night This Is Going To Be was cut and replaced with Opposites.  The Brain originally had a completely different Donna song in act one and Zubrick had a different song up until three days before the staged reading.  I can't remember if Together Again had any cut songs (I don't think so), but I know that Start At The Top did.

Ben

« Reply #189 on: June 06, 2007, 11:01:36 AM »

There is no DVD of Xanadu the new Broadway stage musical. It just began performances a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if anyone was talking about a DVD. Today we were talking about the new Broadway musical production and referencing the movie (on which it was based) as we spoke/wrote.

There is a DVD of Xanadu, the movie, with Olivia Newton-John, Michael Beck and Gene Kelly and there is a CD of the soundtrack but there is no Original Cast Recording of the new Broadway musical. It doesn't open until June 26.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #190 on: June 06, 2007, 11:02:27 AM »

Oh, just remembered that there WAS a cut song in Together Again - actually mostly musically - I retained a lot of the lyric of Annie's number in act one (Don't Let It Go) but it had completely different music and a different title originally.

Ben

« Reply #191 on: June 06, 2007, 11:02:32 AM »

Yes, Singdaw and DC, Xanadu with ONJ is a musical (though I use that term loosely).

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #192 on: June 06, 2007, 11:02:42 AM »

I think the title was something like Let It Happen.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #193 on: June 06, 2007, 11:02:53 AM »

I have had an amusing day today, so far....

ONe of the tracks of THE BRAIN keep running through my head and with books at the library being checked out by students being due on July 5, I keep saying the day in the melody of "Independence Day"....

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #194 on: June 06, 2007, 11:07:27 AM »

(I don't mourn the termite deaths that will occur today...)

And I thought you were a tender-hearted liberal....

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #195 on: June 06, 2007, 11:07:52 AM »

Boy if you think President Bush has problems with his cabinet - you should read DR LAURA's story from yesterday.

I read that and I got a chuckle out of SAndra's comment

I hope everything works out

DERBRUCER

« Reply #196 on: June 06, 2007, 11:09:26 AM »

I was able to get rid of the old one and get a new one. Problem solved.

I assume we are not speaking of family members.

der Brucer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #197 on: June 06, 2007, 11:11:46 AM »

Jericho' fans assail CBS with 25 tons of peanuts

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Fans trumpeting the cause of CBS' canceled drama "Jericho" have caught the network's ear.

CBS, deluged with calls, messages and shipments of nuts signifying viewer displeasure, is reconsidering its decision, a source close to the production said Tuesday.

The source spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to comment publicly. A decision on whether to bring the show back, probably for a midseason run, is imminent, the source said.

"We are tired of the networks (not just CBS) tossing aside quality programming," was the message carried by jericholives.com, one of several Web sites protesting the cancellation. "Enough! We're going to fight for this one."

I saw that and I will not comment on what some DAYS fans sent to Burbank
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 11:18:33 AM by DakotaCelt »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #198 on: June 06, 2007, 11:13:25 AM »

Back from a jog, which got some of the gunk sweated out of me.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #199 on: June 06, 2007, 11:16:39 AM »

DR DakotaCelt, I think the movie with Olivia Newton-John IS a musical.

Is the stage version the same as the movie version... I did not mind some of the music but I did not care for some of it. Olivia was not that bad but I did not care for the male singer and his name escapes me at the moment.

My favorite song from the movie version is "Have to believe in Magic"

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #200 on: June 06, 2007, 11:17:20 AM »

I am staying home from work today because I didn't feel very good yesterday...I think that is called a delayed reaction!  :D

Good lord!  I think that is called "the plague".
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #201 on: June 06, 2007, 11:18:03 AM »

Gene Kelly was good in the movie. He is not too bad of a clarinetist.  I did like the track where they had the 1940s flashback.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #202 on: June 06, 2007, 11:18:21 AM »

(as if you could get UPS delivery "without" signing for it).

You do have Urban blues.

Here in the hinterlands, the Post Office delivers all classes of mail, each and every day (save Sun and Hols) - if a package is too large for the mailbox, the carrier walks down the drive and deposits it on the front stoop. Likewise the UPS guy, he has no problem leaving deliveries by the door.

The above are probably examples of a rural disregard for rules and regulations that works well for the customer.

der Brucer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #203 on: June 06, 2007, 11:18:32 AM »

I think I will use my time today wisely...and watch some DVDs!!!

Take care of yourself....and feel better!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~Wellness Vibes~~~~~~~~~[/move]
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #204 on: June 06, 2007, 11:19:02 AM »

Question for BK:

How do you decide what gets uploaded to your iPod?  I usually transfer any new CD directly to mine, and then decide whether to keep it there or not after I've listened to it.  But you collect a heck of a lot more CDs than I do--you don't load everything to your iPod, do you?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #205 on: June 06, 2007, 11:21:10 AM »

bk, I just wanted to comment that I am really enjoying THE BRAIN!

SHakespeare on Broadway CD is excellent also!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #206 on: June 06, 2007, 11:21:52 AM »

Question for BK:

How do you decide what gets uploaded to your iPod?  I usually transfer any new CD directly to mine, and then decide whether to keep it there or not after I've listened to it.  But you collect a heck of a lot more CDs than I do--you don't load everything to your iPod, do you?

I don't decide, really.  I just load things into iTunes as I need them and then all of that gets put into the iPod.  But I never listen to new albums that way - I'm old fashioned - I love the moonlight, and love to play my new CDs in Ye Olde CD player.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #207 on: June 06, 2007, 11:21:56 AM »

You do have Urban blues.

Here in the hinterlands, the Post Office delivers all classes of mail, each and every day (save Sun and Hols) - if a package is too large for the mailbox, the carrier walks down the drive and deposits it on the front stoop. Likewise the UPS guy, he has no problem leaving deliveries by the door.

The above are probably examples of a rural disregard for rules and regulations that works well for the customer.

der Brucer

depending where in the rural areas you are derBrucer ;)

singdaw

« Reply #208 on: June 06, 2007, 11:22:06 AM »

UPS leaves everything in my neighborhood without a signature, UNLESS the shipper has specified that the package MUST be signed for.  Very convenient!  :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #209 on: June 06, 2007, 11:23:00 AM »

The reason I haven't mentioned the name of the musical is because I have learned over the years that people love to google and I'd rather not hurt the author's feelings with my candor.  Does John Kander have candor?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15   Go Up