Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SPLIT LICKETY  (Read 37110 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re:THE SPLIT LICKETY
« Reply #420 on: June 06, 2007, 11:44:47 PM »

The imdb even let me add a "mini-biography" for Skip, which was very convenient.

"mini"???

It's longer than the first act of Les Miz ;D

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #421 on: June 06, 2007, 11:54:53 PM »

I predict late notes again tonight due to partying.
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #422 on: June 07, 2007, 01:02:14 AM »

I'm back from performance and partay and shall now write Ye Olde Notes.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #423 on: June 07, 2007, 01:05:55 AM »

I'm now off to attend Harlequin Productions' Volunteer Appreciation dinner and to see the final dress rehearsal of their revue, "Soul On Fire!"  I'm so glad that I'm seeing this for free!  Their ticket prices are $34-$38!  For local theater!  And it's a revue that they created! ::) But it'll be very good. :)

Well, the Harlequin show was...the final dress rehearsal. ::) It's just a revue of songs and after reading about how BK put together "What If?" and the need for a "point" to a revue, it's VERY obvious that this doesn't really have a point, just song after song after song.  The band was fantastic...they are all professionals from the area and I've worked with most of them on shows in the past.  The singers for the most part were very good.  The three women singers were fantastic.  The two men...not so much.  Vocally, the guys were pretty good, but neither of them really had much rhythm when it came to dancing.  For the first 15 or so minutes, I felt like I was watching an amateur review.  After that, it got a bit better.  The second act was much better than the first.  I want to usher for it late in the run after they've gotten through more performances (and audiences).  Tonight was the first time that they had an audience, and I'm glad I didn't pay.  I know that the performances will get better, but I don't think that the show itself will.  We'll see.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 01:07:26 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #424 on: June 07, 2007, 01:12:13 AM »

I can't speak for David, but he has a very healthy ego so I doubt he agrees with me.  I don't think he's be interested in rewriting it, and certainly I wouldn't it, so I'm afraid we live with it.  If you want to hear the main title music I used in the temp track - it's Dimitri Tiomkin's Main Title to The Thing.

Thanks for the info.  I haven't watched this in quite a while and (I'm ashamed to admit) I don't remember the theme. ::) I can get the DVD from the library. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #425 on: June 07, 2007, 01:14:32 AM »

One thing more about "Soul On Fire," most of the audience there LOVED it...or at least acted like they did and I'm sure that it'll be a money-maker for them, which is not a bad thing.  Harlequin Productions is probably the best theater company in the area.

George

« Reply #426 on: June 07, 2007, 01:20:35 AM »

I do know of this book DR George. Shah Rukh Khan is one of my least favorite of the current Bollywood actors...however I am in the minority on that in that Mr. Khan is probably the # 1 box office draw in India and abroad.

Of course I have only seen him in film clips, having never sat down to watch one of his films. Let me know what you think of the book.

Well, I hadn't planned on reading the book.  I was just wondering if you knew about it or were interested in it.  I suppose I could request it and thumb through the pages a bit...maybe look at any pictures. ;)

singdaw

« Reply #427 on: June 07, 2007, 01:28:04 AM »

Sooo close! Sooooo close!

Oh, DR DearReaderLaura - nothing has gone smoothly on this!!!!  I feel so sorry for you and your family.  But the light is dawning!   :)

Tomovoz

« Reply #428 on: June 07, 2007, 01:33:18 AM »

Really a case of mercy buckets for Dear Reader Laura. And merci beaucoup for the bucket.  

Ok it's late and it's dinner time and I'm not good at bilingual puns
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 01:33:51 AM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #429 on: June 07, 2007, 01:33:35 AM »

Gratuitous Post # 428 429!!

;D
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 01:33:53 AM by George »

Adriana Patti

« Reply #430 on: June 07, 2007, 01:34:49 AM »

oddly enough I am not tired
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Tomovoz

« Reply #431 on: June 07, 2007, 01:34:56 AM »

If you order Duck at a restaurant are the gratuities included in the bill.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #432 on: June 07, 2007, 01:35:38 AM »

Oh, and since it's still Wednesday's day of posting, today (Wednesday ;)) I received my copy of the OBC recording of Curtains and the CD, "This Ordinary Thursday:  The Songs of Gerogia Stitt."  I'll have some fun (and interesting, I'm sure) listening for tomorrow!

Adriana Patti

« Reply #433 on: June 07, 2007, 01:35:46 AM »

It feels like we are much farther down the page than we actually are.
-Thomas Edison

Tomovoz

« Reply #434 on: June 07, 2007, 01:36:22 AM »

Old joke - how do you get down from an elephant?

You don't - you get it from a duck.
James Thurber 1957

Adriana Patti

« Reply #435 on: June 07, 2007, 01:36:32 AM »

If you order Duck at a restaurant are the gratuities included in the bill.

I had to read this three times before I got it...maybe I am tired...
-Thomas Edison

Tomovoz

« Reply #436 on: June 07, 2007, 01:37:10 AM »

I think it is really from a Goose.
James Thurber 1957

Adriana Patti

« Reply #437 on: June 07, 2007, 01:37:26 AM »

Again with the double reading! Time for me to go to bed!
-Thomas Edison

George

« Reply #438 on: June 07, 2007, 01:37:39 AM »

There's no such thing as an old joke if you haven't heard it before.  I'd never heard it before...it was funny! :D
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Up