Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SPLIT LICKETY  (Read 37947 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE SPLIT LICKETY
« Reply #210 on: June 06, 2007, 11:23:44 AM »

Shortly I shall be on my way to tech The Party Animals.  Has edisaurus seen the youtube I Heart Huckabees clips?  Has anyone?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #211 on: June 06, 2007, 11:24:20 AM »

Is the stage version the same as the movie version... I did not mind some of the music but I did not care for some of it. Olivia was not that bad but I did not care for the male singer and his name escapes me at the moment.

My favorite song from the movie version is "Have to believe in Magic"

My favorite is "Whenever You're Away From Me"....it's a GREAT track on the soundtrack.  It doesn't work as well, visually...for me.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #212 on: June 06, 2007, 11:24:36 AM »

I am checking the library catalog of FPL and Concordia to see if they have CURTAINS or GREY GARDENS

Listened to DAMN YANKEES a while back and I enjoyed that. I listened to the recording that had Tab Hunter and Gwen Verndon...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #213 on: June 06, 2007, 11:24:47 AM »

Will we ever get to Page 9?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #214 on: June 06, 2007, 11:26:06 AM »

Lunch tray report:

I am enjoying the company cafeteria's split pea soup for the third day in a row, because it is SO DARN GOOD!   :)

Said soup is one that actually improves with age.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

singdaw

« Reply #215 on: June 06, 2007, 11:28:28 AM »

Has anyone?

Sorry!  :)  Can't view YouTube clips from work.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #216 on: June 06, 2007, 11:29:12 AM »

Can someone tell me whatever happened to Radio Shack?

Am I misremembering....or wasn't there a time when Radio Shack was the place to go to get things "inexpensively" that were way overpriced elsewhere....especially comparing Radio Shack brand to "brand names"?

At any rate, I've come to terms with having to wait...up to 8 days, for my HDMI cable to arrive (although I hope only GOOD things will happen).

The thing is, I'm getting my HD DVD player TODAY (I think).  And I won't be able to fully integrate it into my system without the HDMI cable.

So...I went out on a power walk this morning....1.5 miles to City Center Plaza where there is a Radio Shack.

And what do I find?  The in-house prices range from $49.99 to $119.95...."What brand would you prefer?", I was asked.

"The one I ordered online for $5.61", I replied.  "I'll be patient and wait for it!"

Radio Shack....feh!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #217 on: June 06, 2007, 11:33:08 AM »

I HEART HUCKABEES clips:

Lily Tomlin

David Russell
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #218 on: June 06, 2007, 11:35:39 AM »

Radio Shack has had some problems.  

They were a contenduh at one time with their Tandy Home PC that certainly compared favorably with IBM's first models, but they got mired in lawsuits, bad management, and tried to expand too quickly.

Their computers were only available in their stores and by special order, why wait when you can go pick up one at another store?

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #219 on: June 06, 2007, 11:37:32 AM »

This is only part of the story...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Shack

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #220 on: June 06, 2007, 11:40:00 AM »

And for those who like explicit lyrics in their rap music:

I Fxxk Huckabees
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #221 on: June 06, 2007, 11:41:44 AM »

Radio Shack is my number one stop when I'm shopping for nine volt toy motor kits.
-- Anaïs Nin

Cillaliz

« Reply #222 on: June 06, 2007, 11:42:04 AM »

Boy if you think President Bush has problems with his cabinet - you should read DR LAURA's story from yesterday.

;D  

Cillaliz

« Reply #223 on: June 06, 2007, 11:43:35 AM »

Sleeping will be a bit difficult for awhile since we are still in that darn Jupiter retrograde.  You may as well stay awake and make plans for the summer.

And yes, DR SINGDAW....that would qualify as previse. :)

Hmmm I slept like a baby last night....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #224 on: June 06, 2007, 11:45:01 AM »

Those clips are scary.......

singdaw

« Reply #225 on: June 06, 2007, 11:45:20 AM »

Radio Shack is my number one stop when I'm shopping for nine volt toy motor kits.

I'm afraid to ask WHY...      ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #226 on: June 06, 2007, 11:51:33 AM »

RE: Curtains OCR - I have yet to give it a listen, but I do have to say the booklet is a bit lacking.  Just 12 "pages" (3 "folds).  Cast list and credits, synopsis, a note from Rupert Holmes, and some pictures.  -And not everyone in the cast appears in the pictures.  And poor Karen Ziemba is obscured by the "hub" in the middle of the CD holder.

However, there is a notation on the back of the CD guiding you to two websites where you can find the complete lyrics.

And even though Rupert Holmes does mention Peter Stone and Fred Ebb in his notes, it would have been nice to see a separate dedication to them.

-I guess if I had not picked up the OCR to the 110 In the Shade at the same with the typically lavish PS Classics packaging...

I can't disagree about the booklet, but I do like Rupert's liner notes.  I'm not one to read the lyrics so that doesn't bother me, but KZ should have had a prominant photo and you can't see her with the "hub" in the way

I do like that they recorded the lines leading into the songs to have some context.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #227 on: June 06, 2007, 11:52:48 AM »

We also bought some lump crab meat, which I'd better fix for our dinner tonight, and some summer squash.  I have no ideas as to how to prepare the crab.

Any crabby ideas out there?

Can't we just do something simple? Lettuce leaves, crab meat, and cocktail sauce (a very special version of which I also procured at the Farmer's market). If we want extravagent, put out a block of cream cheese and some good  crackers. (Maybe I should get a nice bottle of Rhine wine to serve.)

Of course when he gets home and discovers the Amazon box with the Lady In The Dark bio and Elmore's favorite, Morden's All That Glittered, he'll loose interest in cooking.

And Mr Amazon also deliverd THE CLOSETR Season 2 to keep me amused.

der Brucer

Cillaliz

« Reply #228 on: June 06, 2007, 11:53:26 AM »

From CillaI think I would be hesitant to put myself on You Tube.  Any other way I can watch the clip?

I keep thinking of the words from BIG YELLOW TAXI, "They paved paradise and put up a parking lot".

Jane, there is a link to the building news story on page 3 of the posts today. If that doesn't work let me know and I'll email a link to you

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #229 on: June 06, 2007, 11:53:28 AM »

You don't want to "toy" with any of his motions?

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #230 on: June 06, 2007, 11:55:57 AM »

Well, where do you go for your nine volt toy motor kits?
-- Anaïs Nin

Cillaliz

« Reply #231 on: June 06, 2007, 11:56:41 AM »

Cilla it was fun to see you on video, the reason is so sad.  I enjoyed the close ups of the building detail.  I’m sure it is even prettier in person.

Ah, ignore the last post, you found it.  Yes the building is better than the footage. It has decayed and needs some TLC, but with a little TLC it would be fabulous again. It's structurally sound it was designed by William Steele who was big in the Prairie Style of architecture.  We have a alot of examples of his work in Sioux City, but I believe this was one of his last.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #232 on: June 06, 2007, 11:57:34 AM »

I don't think Guy will be making an appearance, no.

It would have been nice if he could have come out and performed in moody silhouette lighting.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

singdaw

« Reply #233 on: June 06, 2007, 12:00:32 PM »

It would have been nice if he could have come out

Is there something bk isn't telling us?    ;) ;) ;)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #234 on: June 06, 2007, 12:04:50 PM »

I have never enjoyed watching the Tango, nearly as much as watching the brothers.  Wonderful!  Thank you.

Love those hermosos!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #235 on: June 06, 2007, 12:18:50 PM »

Those clips are scary.......

New words of wisdom:  whenever you are feeling angry, take a deep breath, count to ten and then imagine what the YouTube video would look like.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 12:19:13 PM by Dan (the Man) »
-- Anaïs Nin

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #236 on: June 06, 2007, 12:19:32 PM »

CillaI think I would be hesitant to put myself on You Tube.  Any other way I can watch the clip?

Cilla, the above comment referred to your stint as a weather person :).  I thought the u tube comments were about that, not the building story.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #237 on: June 06, 2007, 12:20:12 PM »

It would have been nice if he could have come out and performed in moody silhouette lighting.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I totally agree Edi... The man is totally cool!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DERBRUCER

« Reply #238 on: June 06, 2007, 12:21:19 PM »

No, the joke had nothing to do with NAMBLA. I don't know if Woody was being serious or not but it's just a funny line, that's all.

Trust me, he was kidding; if he were serious, we'd have had a multiparagraph rant.

der Brucer

And I, too, would have laughed at the line.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #239 on: June 06, 2007, 12:22:28 PM »

Dakota - are you watching out for the weather? There is a tornedo warning block over your area.

der Brucer
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15   Go Up