Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SPLIT LICKETY  (Read 37948 times)

singdaw

Re:THE SPLIT LICKETY
« Reply #270 on: June 06, 2007, 02:41:46 PM »

DR elmore3003 -  CONGRATULATIONS on your good news!!!  and...

***OFFICE SPACE VIBES***

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #271 on: June 06, 2007, 02:41:53 PM »

Great news, DR Elmore!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #272 on: June 06, 2007, 02:45:53 PM »

Heading down now to begin evening viewing.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #273 on: June 06, 2007, 03:08:33 PM »

I'm at work, ordering some non-fiction books for the library and I just came across this title that we're ordering:  Sacco and Vanzetti: The Men, the Murders, and the Judgment of Mankind.  Here's the cover:

Edi, do you know about this book?  Do you care? ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #274 on: June 06, 2007, 03:12:39 PM »

And MBarnum, do you know about this book that I'm also just ordering:  King of Bollywood: Shah Rukh Khan and the Seductive World of Indian Cinema?

Here's that cover:

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #275 on: June 06, 2007, 03:18:28 PM »

Hey all.  School is finally coming to a close.  One more graduation to do and I'm done... forever!!!  I should be able to check in more here at HHW and I will definately keep you all posted on the plans for the big move in October.

For reasons I'm tired of rehashing, I have found myself with an extra copy of "The Creature Wasn't Nice", if any DR is interested in this extra copy, I'll be happy to send it to them.  There is even a signed CD booklet.  Send me a PM and I'll take the first PM I receive and get it out to you.  It's a ton of fun!

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #276 on: June 06, 2007, 03:19:28 PM »

Also, news flash: Barry Corbin will play Brenda's father. Perfect---I love him!

A refugee from "the other" Closer.

der Brucer

PS There are now two teasers (that I have seen) now running for the new Closer season - one I like very much, one I dislike very much! Were they both done by the same person/team?
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #277 on: June 06, 2007, 03:20:57 PM »

And MBarnum, do you know about this book that I'm also just ordering:  King of Bollywood: Shah Rukh Khan and the Seductive World of Indian Cinema?

He knows all about having been "seduced", that's for sure.

I think maybe Elmore will have to hire a deprogrammer once MBarnum hits NYC.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #278 on: June 06, 2007, 03:21:43 PM »

Any crabby ideas out there?

Why not a crab quiche (whoops, real men don't eat quiche) souffle?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #279 on: June 06, 2007, 03:28:04 PM »

OK...  So I got DRs Ginny and MusicGuy NYC dates...

DR MBarnum - when exactly are you coming in again?  I seem to recall June 28-July 1.

Why does Ginny need a NYC date, she's got a husband?

And I thought you were MBarnum's date (at least for an hour).
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #280 on: June 06, 2007, 03:32:15 PM »

While it is TRUE that I've been greatly enjoying the post-TV season programming lull, I do look at daily schedules to see if anything tempting might lure me away from my DVD watching.

Fortunately, I have to say I've not been so tempted.

In fact, after looking at this evening's schedule, I have to say that network television seems to be a crap heap of awfulness.

Or, Woody, you could serve a crab heap of awfulness.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #281 on: June 06, 2007, 03:32:42 PM »

I think maybe Elmore will have to hire a deprogrammer once MBarnum hits NYC.

For me! when he leaves.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #282 on: June 06, 2007, 03:33:54 PM »

And I thought you were MBarnum's date (at least for an hour).

I believe DR MBarnum is afraid of being alone with DR Jose for more than two or three minutes.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #283 on: June 06, 2007, 03:36:25 PM »

Why not a crab quiche (whoops, real men don't eat quiche) souffle?

Tomorrow may end up crab day - Woody has had his sentence extended for four hours - pick up at eight (If I'm a realist, I should take him another shirt and suggest dinner out - our favorite Bistro has a Customer Appeciation night - 15% off of all the food and half-price bottles of wine).

der Brucer

Spoo - that's tomorrow- tonite is plain ole burger night!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 03:46:45 PM by DERBRUCER »
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #284 on: June 06, 2007, 03:54:14 PM »

Back from rehearsal at the Avalon.  A little history: When I was a teen, the Avalon (located on Vine, just above Hollywood Blvd) was called the El Capitan (the Paramount movie theater would not be renamed the El Capitan until Disney bought it).  It was dark and, as far as I know, there hadn't been shows in there for several years.  But they used to leave their doors open for some reason, so I used to sneak in there with my friend (the one portrayed in Kritzerland) and used to play with the lighting and do little made-up shows on the stage.  Flash forward, and the El Capitan became the Hollywood Palace, where many TV shows were taped, including the long-running Merv Griffin Show, which I appeared on in 1972.  

The lobby still looks nice, and they've managed to keep most of the interestingly designed interior walls.  The proscenium is still there, but the stage has been moved way back from it and it's much higher than it used to be.  Then, all the downstairs seats have been removed, and there are some booths at the back, along with a bar.  Upstairs where the balcony is is basically the same.

Rehearsal was fun, and the sound is 1000% better than the Colony - this is a real rock-and-roll venue - the head mics sound great for dialogue, and the music sounds incredible.  Plus, they've got incredible lighting - I didn't even have to talk to the guy, he just started doing stuff and knows exactly what he's doing.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #285 on: June 06, 2007, 03:54:49 PM »

My voice will hold for tonight, I think.  It was pretty weird this morning, but it's been coming back all day.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #286 on: June 06, 2007, 03:56:16 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Back from the matinee of A Chorus Line.  The Key 3 book is a very easy.  :)  So much so, that I didn't even bother to take the spare copy to make a practice copy of the book - and the assistant conductor was totally fine with that, she agreed.  So, I'll probably go in tomorrow before tomorrow night's show, run through the book a couple of times, and then play Saturday's matinee in order to get "designated".  And then we'll see how often I get scheduled after that.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #287 on: June 06, 2007, 03:58:42 PM »

Back from Whole Foods - a.k.a. Whole Paycheck.  I bought some things I needed, and some things I really didn't need - can you say "exotic chocolate bars"?  -The Vosges Chocolate Bars were on sale!

And if I'm good, I should be able to have all my meals at home for the rest of the week now that my cupboard and fridge is stocked.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #288 on: June 06, 2007, 03:59:38 PM »

As for the NAMBLA comment made earlier... I'm pretty sure it was not meant seriously, but just in case other DRs may not have been sure how to take that...  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #289 on: June 06, 2007, 04:00:19 PM »

I believe DR MBarnum is afraid of being alone with DR Jose for more than two or three minutes.

Correction: Two or three seconds.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #290 on: June 06, 2007, 04:01:13 PM »

DR elmore - Great news!  And I do hope you start sleeping better.  You need to rest up for DR MBarnum's visit.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #291 on: June 06, 2007, 04:01:24 PM »

Cilla, the above comment referred to your stint as a weather person :).  I thought the u tube comments were about that, not the building story.

They were, but I thought you were also referring to seeing the other story.

Cillaliz

« Reply #292 on: June 06, 2007, 04:02:18 PM »

Would preserving the facades (like they do in London) be an acceptable solution?

der Brucer

It's one of the proposals, and yes, it's actually what everyone wants if they aren't going to save the whole building

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #293 on: June 06, 2007, 04:03:53 PM »

As for the "two faces" of Mr. Andrew Speaker... The picture that was going around on the news services when the news came out was from a college yearbook or something like that.  Not that recent a photo.  As for the recent photo, I think if you take out the red eyes, then he would look much better.  I think he looks better "now" then he did "then".  Of course, "then" he didn't have TB.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #294 on: June 06, 2007, 04:04:20 PM »

DR elmore - Great news!  And I do hope you start sleeping better.  You need to rest up for DR MBarnum's visit.

Well, the lease has yet to be signed but things are looking better.  As to DR MBarnum's invasion, I mean visit, I need drugs, heavy meds, not sleep.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 04:07:07 PM by elmore3003 »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #295 on: June 06, 2007, 04:06:35 PM »

As for the extra material on the Curtains CD...  Well, I'd always rather have more than less on CDs nowadays.  I'm still sort of amazed that some pop CDs still have an LPs worth of music on them - 48 minutes or less.  Usually less.  And they now list at $19.99!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #296 on: June 06, 2007, 04:08:39 PM »

What's happened to his nose?  I might have to re-classify him from "exceptionally handsome" to "kind of has that Harry Connick thing going but eh".

I think I know what you mean by that "Harry Connick thing", but I also think it all depends what angle Mr. Connick is photographed from.  And whether or not his biceps are exposed.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #297 on: June 06, 2007, 04:08:47 PM »

As I was walking to my car tonight, two people arrived at the ramp the same time I did. The very heavy man looked at me for a few minutes then looked at the woman and said..."Boy, it's sure a lot longer to walk here than the other parking place" she obviously hadn't watched the news last night and said "I don't think so, maybe 2 steps" then he said "Well, we have to cross 2 streets, it's a lot more dangerous"  Oh puhleese.  This guy works at the bank, I'm going to find out who he is.  He can't walk 1/2 block and cross 2 streets with streetlights!!!  I am really disgusted now... I didn't say anything. He just wasn't worth it

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #298 on: June 06, 2007, 04:11:51 PM »

The infamous TB guy...

Which makes me the famous TB guy
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #299 on: June 06, 2007, 04:12:35 PM »

You're right.  The second photo is much more fetching.  The top photo makes it look like he's missing the front of his hair.

Well, the bottom photo looks like he's trying to mask his high forehead.  The top photo is more like "truth in advertising".  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Up