Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: BLURRY  (Read 36008 times)

Cillaliz

Re:BLURRY
« Reply #240 on: July 19, 2007, 02:24:05 PM »

But I was also interviewed for a profile in my hometown paper.  So that was cool. Hope I didn't say too much about how I feel about Congress and immigration, but it wasn't anything that my potential clients would get upset by.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #241 on: July 19, 2007, 02:25:36 PM »

Oh, I almost forgot, I got stuck in an elevator today.

How does one forget being stuck in an elevator?????
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Cillaliz

« Reply #242 on: July 19, 2007, 02:26:10 PM »

The interview was after I was stuck in the elevator, not during.... although that would have been a better use of the time. Pushing the emergency bell and shouting "HELLO!  I'M STUCK IN THE ELEVATOR" over and over did get me out of there.  

It was in the Orpheum building. No one actually fixed the elevator, but Joe, the maintenance guy was talking to me and was on his way to see if he could get me out. Just as he arrived it just decided to start working again.  Maybe they really do have a theater ghost there
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 02:27:09 PM by Cillaliz »

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #243 on: July 19, 2007, 02:27:42 PM »

PUNCH LINE CONTEST!

Q.  How many neocons does it take to screw in a light bulb?

A.  Neocons don't bother with light bulbs. They declare a War on Darkness and set the house on fire.

OR

A. None. God won't let their light bulbs go out. And it's an impertinent question.

OR

A. None. George Bush predicts the light bulb will be fully capable of changing itself within 3 months.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Cillaliz

« Reply #244 on: July 19, 2007, 02:28:49 PM »

The real fun was when I came back in that door and someone was holding the elevator for me....I said "No thanks" and as the door closed I added "I was stuck in there today...they just got me out"   LOL they got off at the same floor I walked up the stairs to and the looks on their faces were priceless!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 02:29:55 PM by Cillaliz »

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #245 on: July 19, 2007, 02:30:58 PM »

You could move the magazines   ;D

What a ridiculous idea. That would involve cleaning.  ;D

Actually, when there are no magazines there, she paces back and forth beside me on the bed, up and down, with her tail pointing to the left so it brushes over my face. Then when she turns to walk back down ti the foot of the bed, she does it so that she brushes my face with her furry hindquarters.

I prefer the ripping of the magazines.

Her first trick to get me up was to flip the metal catches on my dresser with her tail, which woke me up with a pinging noise. How do cats know these things?

The thing is, I can shut her out but then that deprives my love cat of sleeping with us. He can't stand sleeping with the door shut because he might be missing out on some cat activity.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

FJL

« Reply #246 on: July 19, 2007, 02:36:20 PM »

Cilla - I got stuck in an elevator not too long ago.  Not fun!  Glad all was OK.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #247 on: July 19, 2007, 02:37:31 PM »

Well, the storm passed over, and it wasn't too bad here.  However, I just saw some footage on the news, and parts of Richmond are without power, some parts got hail, and some parts have trees down.  Or all of the above.  Thankfully, my brother, Mike, missed all of the bad weather as he was driving back up to DC a few hours ago.
Make Your Own Luck.

3DDiffusion

« Reply #248 on: July 19, 2007, 02:37:33 PM »

Speaking of comic relief...

I'm a history buff, and do some writing for a website called Ghostgunsvirginia.

Today I got the bright idea of filming a travelogue instead, to put up at Youtube, which would invariable drive thousands of people to look at the site.

So I went to Yorktown Battlefield, which I live near.

Haven't been there in a year. No script, no rehearsal. I just winged it.

First video is 29 seconds, second is 3 minutes.

And if anyone is impressed by my mellifluous tones, I'm available for voice over work.    ;D

(That's a joke, as you'll hear if you watch the videos.  :'()

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIAzUVOaml0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5Tz_Kez_A4
I never look back. It distracts from the now.
---Edna Mode

Ginny

« Reply #249 on: July 19, 2007, 02:38:33 PM »

It was in the Orpheum building. No one actually fixed the elevator, but Joe, the maintenance guy was talking to me and was on his way to see if he could get me out. Just as he arrived it just decided to start working again.  Maybe they really do have a theater ghost there

And maybe the ghost is angry because you didn't move into his building!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

FJL

« Reply #250 on: July 19, 2007, 02:43:09 PM »

Ginny - It should certainly be possible to see BK's Brain from Planet X, Noel's Such Good Friends, and Last Starfighter between Fri 9/28 and Sat. 9/29.  

I know we have a performance of Last Starfighter on Sat. 9/29 at 1 p.m. at the Theater at St. Clements (46th not too far from 9th Ave.) and we do have a performnace on Fri 9/28, but I'm not sure exactly what time on the Friday.

They promise that a full schedule will be available within 48 hours.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #251 on: July 19, 2007, 02:44:55 PM »

Well... I'm heading back over to Steve's for dinner.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #252 on: July 19, 2007, 02:47:07 PM »

Ginny - It should certainly be possible to see BK's Brain from Planet X, Noel's Such Good Friends, and Last Starfighter between Fri 9/28 and Sat. 9/29.  

DR FJL - Richard and I will have some expanded time, because we're planning the whole week in the city, arriving on Sept. 29.  I have a conference at DR Ben's workplace on Friday and Saturday, October 5 & 6.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #253 on: July 19, 2007, 02:48:50 PM »

My guests will be arriving shortly, so I'm going to log out for a while.  I'll be back later tonight with a report on food contributions and reactions to Helen Mirren as Elizabeth I.

Bye for now!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #254 on: July 19, 2007, 02:55:56 PM »

John Simon's review reminds me, I must purchase the Legally Blonde cast album ASAP.

I'm actually listening to it right now. ::)

So far...I don't hate it. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #255 on: July 19, 2007, 03:00:13 PM »

Most absurd quote for today:

"I contend [abortion] affects you in immigration...If we had those 40 million children that were killed over the last 30 years, we wouldn't need the illegal immigrants to fill the jobs that they are doing today. Think about it."

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Cillaliz

« Reply #256 on: July 19, 2007, 03:15:04 PM »

Well, I think I'm out of here for today. I'm looking forward to a relaxing evening...

singdaw

« Reply #257 on: July 19, 2007, 03:21:30 PM »

Today I got the bright idea of filming a travelogue instead, to put up at Youtube, which would invariable drive thousands of people to look at the site.

What a great idea, DR 3D!  Hope you'll do more of this.

3DDiffusion

« Reply #258 on: July 19, 2007, 03:43:34 PM »

What a great idea, DR 3D!  Hope you'll do more of this.

Thanks!

It might also be a great idea for certain other people who might like to generate publicity for any theatrical shows to take place in NY in the near future..... mebbe....  ;D
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 03:44:29 PM by 3DDiffusion »
I never look back. It distracts from the now.
---Edna Mode

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #259 on: July 19, 2007, 03:49:28 PM »

I wanted to pop in for a minute, and say a very big THANK YOU to all of the DRs and H/Ks and studlies and lovelies here.  Many thanks for vibes, xylophones, celesta, saucer bells, and glass harmonicas !

The first part of my escrow stuff got all signed and recorded today..... HUZZAH.  This is progress, and moves life forward.

And as a wonderful bonus, dear DR Laura and I got to eat splendidly splendid pancakes and morning foods together this morning.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #260 on: July 19, 2007, 03:51:13 PM »

Dearest sweet Elmo..... I'm sending you very big vibes and thoughts of strength and fortitude for you......

.....~~~~~~~ for Elmo ~~~~~~ for Elmo ~~~~~ for Elmo ~~~~

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #261 on: July 19, 2007, 03:55:37 PM »

Congratulations on being interviewed, DR Cillaliz!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #262 on: July 19, 2007, 03:57:45 PM »

Visitors have come and gone and now it's back to proofing.

George

« Reply #263 on: July 19, 2007, 03:58:01 PM »

~~~Vibes for Elmore!!~~~

Cool news, Cillaliz!!

Great idea, 3D!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #264 on: July 19, 2007, 04:01:33 PM »

Here's my extended Topic of the Day list. ::) I couldn't just limit it to 10 (they're in alphabetical order):

1. Anywhere I Wander: Liz Callaway Sings Frank Loesser
2. The Brain From Planet X: original cast recording
3. A Collector's Sondheim
4. Extensions: The Manhattan Transfer
5. Follies - the original cast, but NOT the OBC: the complete show, from the soundboard (idea stolen from DR Singdaw!)
6. Gypsy: original Broadway cast recording
7. Live In Berlin: Ella Fitzgerald
8. Lost In Boston: the complete collection
9. Les Misérables: original London cast recording
10. Once On This Island: original cast recording
11. Show Boat: the complete recording with Jerry Hadley
12. Side By Side By Sondheim: original London cast recording
13. Unsung Musicals: the complete collection
14. Unsung Sondheim
15. My COMPLETE 17-Disc "Simultaneous Songs and Counterpoint" Compilations!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #265 on: July 19, 2007, 04:18:18 PM »

Anyone see this madness in the NY Post today:

July 19, 2007 -- A WACKO group claiming to "cure" gays of their homosexuality is running secret meetings for closeted Broadway stars, according to a new documentary, "Gay No More?" Bill Hussung - who produced and directed the film with his wife, Mashara Canino-Hussung - says audiences will be "shocked" to see 20 popular Broadway dancers and actors who belong to the Life Ministry support group meeting twice weekly in underground locations. "It's an ex-gay movement with the core belief that you are gay because of a sexual trauma in your background. When you discover what that is, you can release it and be cured of gay desires," Hussung said. "People will be shocked to learn how widespread among the New York theater community this is." While he wouldn't name names, Hussung says all the performers "outed" in his movie signed releases saying it was OK. He hopes to have it ready for a September release.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #266 on: July 19, 2007, 04:33:13 PM »

Anyone see this madness in the NY Post today:

July 19, 2007 -- A WACKO group claiming to "cure" gays of their homosexuality is running secret meetings for closeted Broadway stars, according to a new documentary, "Gay No More?" Bill Hussung - who produced and directed the film with his wife, Mashara Canino-Hussung - says audiences will be "shocked" to see 20 popular Broadway dancers and actors who belong to the Life Ministry support group meeting twice weekly in underground locations. "It's an ex-gay movement with the core belief that you are gay because of a sexual trauma in your background. When you discover what that is, you can release it and be cured of gay desires," Hussung said. "People will be shocked to learn how widespread among the New York theater community this is." While he wouldn't name names, Hussung says all the performers "outed" in his movie signed releases saying it was OK. He hopes to have it ready for a September release.

Where do I sign up?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #267 on: July 19, 2007, 04:34:08 PM »

Welcome twenty GUESTS.  Shares available.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #268 on: July 19, 2007, 04:49:57 PM »

And as some DRs may have noticed, OZDerek would have been celebrating his birthday today. I spoke with his sister Maureen today.

No wonder I was thinking about him this morning.  I planned on asking you how his sister is doing.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #269 on: July 19, 2007, 04:52:44 PM »

I think about OzDerek often.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Up