Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: LOSING MY MIND  (Read 32614 times)

singdaw

Re:LOSING MY MIND
« Reply #120 on: July 25, 2007, 10:47:34 AM »

Thanks for that link, DR Ginny!  It's quite a wonderful document, really.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: July 25, 2007, 10:50:58 AM »

Clearly, Lindsay Lohan's mother is not doing a good job on the guilt trip thing.

;D

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #122 on: July 25, 2007, 10:54:07 AM »

And speaking of Carnegie,
have any of our NYC DRs ever been asked directions by a tourist and actually had the opportunity to use the old "practice, practice, practice" punchline?  ;)

I don't.  Nowadays, they let anyone play there.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #123 on: July 25, 2007, 10:57:04 AM »

I'm up...I'm up... Is it time to go back to bed yet?

Of course it isn't - it's nearly time to meet DR Jose for a day of fun! At least we HOPE it will be a day of fun. :)

I had hush puppies this week for the first time in many, many months. They were quite tasty and I would like some more, please...

I got an email from my dad today that was loaded with - I'm assuming - unintentional guilt. Something along the lines of "it was good to see you...your mom was lonely last night (he's out of town on business)...it would help if you were closer...etc." OY! Of course, she also asked me when I was going to get married and have her some grandchildren - again - and I was very confused by that because we've had this talk already...

The next time Mom asks this question, just smile sweetly and say to her, "Someday, Mom--when I find the right guy."
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #124 on: July 25, 2007, 11:02:18 AM »

I'm at the office now after having a breakfast of oatmeal and blueberries. I have read e-mail, the NY Times, Dilbert, Doonesbury and Calvin and Hobbes. I know they don't publish any more but they still run the strip on line at

Calvin and Hobbes

I laugh every morning at C&H

And now I must do things here at the office. I will be back.

For Christmas (if I remember correctly), I bought my sister The Complete Calvin and Hobbes.  I love this, too! (but not enough to buy myself the set ::))

Anyway, I go to Get Fuzzy all the time.  I love this comic strip! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: July 25, 2007, 11:05:30 AM »

I've been to Staples (to get copies of both right justified and right ragged versions of the book), have Fed Exed a package and shall now organize.

George

« Reply #126 on: July 25, 2007, 11:06:50 AM »

The next time Mom asks this question, just smile sweetly and say to her, "Someday, Mom--when I find the right guy."

...and it's legal. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #127 on: July 25, 2007, 11:16:16 AM »

Of course, she also asked me when I was going to get married and have her some grandchildren - again - and I was very confused by that because we've had this talk already...

My mom gave up on me years ago!

As my DH says, "Just because she gives you the ticket doesn't mean you have to take the trip."
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

MBarnum

« Reply #128 on: July 25, 2007, 11:23:32 AM »

Does anyone plan on getting this set next week?

singdaw

« Reply #129 on: July 25, 2007, 11:23:56 AM »

DR JoseSPiano, have you heard anything on last night's ACL with the new cast members?

MBarnum

« Reply #130 on: July 25, 2007, 11:25:49 AM »

Oh, and Route 66 is finally coming to DVD on October 23rd!

singdaw

« Reply #131 on: July 25, 2007, 11:29:48 AM »

"Someday, Mom--when I find the right guy."

;D

And - on a tangential topic - don't you just LOVE what Richard Rodgers does harmonically at the end of the show version of "I'm in Love with a Wonderful Guy", where Nellie and the girls keep tossing the repeating "I'm in Love" phrase back & forth, while the orchestra churns up & down the scale harmonically underneath them?  

A photocopy of that page of the score makes a wonderfully romantic stationary for a love note.  

Addressed to a man, of course.    

And keeping in mind that such photocopies are illegal.

:)

singdaw

« Reply #132 on: July 25, 2007, 11:31:15 AM »

I thought the Kathy Griffin bit on her show recently where she was standing next to her big poster outside Carnegie Hall and soliciting candid feedback from the random passers-by was most entertaining.  :)

singdaw

« Reply #133 on: July 25, 2007, 11:31:37 AM »

Oh, and Route 66 is finally coming to DVD on October 23rd!

Get your kicks!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #134 on: July 25, 2007, 11:36:11 AM »

;D

And - on a tangential topic - don't you just LOVE what Richard Rodgers does harmonically at the end of the show version of "I'm in Love with a Wonderful Guy", where Nellie and the girls keep tossing the repeating "I'm in Love" phrase back & forth, while the orchestra churns up & down the scale harmonically underneath them?  

A photocopy of that page of the score makes a wonderfully romantic stationary for a love note.  

Addressed to a man, of course.    

And keeping in mind that such photocopies are illegal.

Even if the key is changed?
-- Anaïs Nin

singdaw

« Reply #135 on: July 25, 2007, 11:38:23 AM »

Even if the key is changed?

Ah, that old song...

You've Got the Right Key, but the Wrong Keyhole.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #136 on: July 25, 2007, 11:40:46 AM »

Does anyone plan on getting this set next week?

No, but I will be getting this:

I love those old Popeye cartoons.  They are so trippy!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 11:41:34 AM by Dan (the Man) »
-- Anaïs Nin

singdaw

« Reply #137 on: July 25, 2007, 11:46:15 AM »

I watched the 1970 film Something for Everyone the other night.  Interesting story, and engrossing.  Hal Prince directed, and did a darn sight better with this than he did with the film of A Little Night Music.  Hugh Wheeler co-wrote the screenplay.  Angela Lansbury and Michael York both give magnetic performances.  But it's an unsettling story, just as The Page Turner was.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #138 on: July 25, 2007, 11:48:15 AM »

I watched the 1970 film Something for Everyone the other night.  Interesting story, and engrossing.  Hal Prince directed, and did a darn sight better with this than he did with the film of A Little Night Music.  Hugh Wheeler co-wrote the screenplay.  Angela Lansbury and Michael York both give magnetic performances.  But it's an unsettling story, just as The Page Turner was.

Hmmm...I've never seen this but I remember seeing posters and such that make it out to be a romp of a comedy.  Are you saying that it's not?
-- Anaïs Nin

singdaw

« Reply #139 on: July 25, 2007, 11:55:42 AM »

Well, there are some campy elements, but it's more of a black comedy, if a comedy at all.  Fairly dark.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #140 on: July 25, 2007, 11:59:56 AM »

I <heart> Goofus!

:D

Julie-Sherlock is a Bernese Mountain Dog.  The breed is originally from Bern, Switzerland where they were all around farm dogs, pulling milk wagons & herding.  They were not used as guard dogs but lived with the families so they are very sweet.  Sherlock’s temperament is classic, just a big calm sweet boy.

He is just beginning to respond to Goofus, maybe more for Keith than me since I don’t use it as often.  That is cute about Bella.

George

« Reply #141 on: July 25, 2007, 12:01:02 PM »

That last week of September -- I'm still deciding on the exact day to come -- I'd love to see opening night, but I'm Asst. Director for our theatre's musical here -- Suburb -- and that's our closing weekend (I'm thinking my work will be done by then -- but I haven't approached the director yet -- but they may not appreciate my not being there to help strike the set and clean up -- but they all adore Cason so maybe they'll cut me some slack) or then the 22 or 23 to Oct. 1 Can't wait to me you and all the NYC HHWers and others converging for the event!

Miss Karen!  Where are your priorities??  Won't this be Cason's NY acting debut??  Don't you feel that experiencing his (potential) opening night is more important than just being the ASSISTANT director of anything...regardless of strike??

Just my 2¢.

;)

George

« Reply #142 on: July 25, 2007, 12:03:37 PM »

I'm going to have three Buena Vista TV sets arriving probably tomorrow (THE MUPPET SHOW 2, HOME IMPROVEMENT 7, and EIGHT SIMPLE RULES 1), so that's going to be occupying my time for the next week or so.

That's why I'd love to get these musical DVDs today so I can begin watching them before the onslaught of sitcoms arrives. Of course, I'm greatly looking forward to THE MUPPET SHOW. Some of those episodes I haven't seen since they first aired almost 30 years ago. (That CAN'T be true!)

The Muppet Show Season 2??  It isn't supposed to be released until August 7...TWO WEEKS AWAY!!  How do you rate??

;)

George

« Reply #143 on: July 25, 2007, 12:04:03 PM »

I'm up...I'm up... Is it time to go back to bed yet?

If he's cute enough.

;D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #144 on: July 25, 2007, 12:04:55 PM »

No, but I will be getting this:

I love those old Popeye cartoons.  They are so trippy!
My problem with those cartoons was that I was always much more attracted to Bluto.  Even then.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #145 on: July 25, 2007, 12:05:40 PM »

DITTO! Sherlock of the Giant Paws is so adorable! If I knew how, I'd post a photo of my dog, who has many pet names -- one of which is Doofus!

LOL-Great pet name.  

If no one can explain(my details would be inadequate) how to post a photo you can email it to me & I will post it.  I would like very much to see Doofus.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #146 on: July 25, 2007, 12:14:38 PM »

Here's another one I will be ordering:

I never missed this show.  I loved the characters and the mysteries much more than those on Scooby-Doo.  I also liked the songs a lot--I even had the album!

Now all they need to do is release THE SPACE KIDDETTES on DVD to make my life complete!
-- Anaïs Nin

singdaw

« Reply #147 on: July 25, 2007, 12:14:46 PM »

I was always much more attracted to Bluto.
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

singdaw

« Reply #148 on: July 25, 2007, 12:15:42 PM »

I would like very much to see Doofus.

Me, too!   :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: July 25, 2007, 12:15:46 PM »

I'll have to get the Route 66 set for sure.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Up