Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: LOSING MY MIND  (Read 32595 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:LOSING MY MIND
« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2007, 09:05:10 AM »

Mothers are good at laying on guilt even if you only move two blocks away from home and give them grandchildren. It is one of our gifts.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2007, 09:05:36 AM »

DR Jason - Just remember, you can make a guilt-trip a two-way street.  ;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2007, 09:06:47 AM »

PAGE FOUR GUILT TRIP DANCE!!!

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 09:07:44 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2007, 09:09:30 AM »

OH!

It appears that JetBlue's Fall Airfare Sale is on right now.  So, if your heading to NYC...

*Of course, you'd be flying into JFK, but the cost differential could be worth the expense of a taxi/car service into the city.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2007, 09:11:44 AM »

And just why is Lindsay Lohan getting sooooooo much press?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

It's not like she's the only troubled-teen out there.  And she's not even the only troubled-famous-teen out there!  Where's my Britney?!?!?  ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2007, 09:14:17 AM »

Well, I need to run an errand or two on my way downtown, so...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2007, 09:17:26 AM »

It's not like she's the only troubled-teen out there.  And she's not even the only troubled-famous-teen out there!  Where's my Britney?!?!?  ::)
Lindsay clearly has the better publicist.

::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: July 25, 2007, 09:17:38 AM »

Question for BK:  what's become of the Sparkle, Neely, Sparkle play?  I don't recall you mentioning anything about it in many a moon.

The play, which is called Next December, is on the back-burner.  As some know, given the behavior of a then-friend, who one of the roles was based on, the whole thing got a little icky and I put it away.  It's pretty funny and a nice play, and I'll take it out and do it at some point.

MBarnum

« Reply #98 on: July 25, 2007, 09:18:50 AM »

And that's why MBarnum's mom is in "the home."   :o

LOL!

Although quite honestly, if I could afford a larger home..one where we could both have our own space... I would be fine with having my mom live with me. But I am remembering over that last year or so since she moved to Salem, exactly why it is I have never been that close to her.

I love her and we spend time together...we have dinner and I help her run errands every Wednesday...and I feel I have a  duty towards her, but I have never felt any kind of a bond between us. My sister feels the same way as I do and presumably so do my brothers, although we have never talked about it...but neither of my parents (nor my older sibling's father) were very close to their children. In fact when my father died in 2001 he hadn't seen his kids from his first marriage in close to 20 years and none of them came to his funeral despite their all living in Oregon.

Oddly enough all of my siblings have very close and happy relationships with their own kids, which is wonderful. They did not want to pass down the tradition (my mom, aunts and uncle were not all that fond of their own mother).

So there you go...more info about my family organization then you ever wanted to know. I feel no guilt about my relationship, or lack there-of, with my parents.

As I always say...you pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your family.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: July 25, 2007, 09:19:43 AM »

bk, didn't know if you'd seen THIS review of the production of Can-Can that you had commented on some days back in the notes.

I did see it.  It's getting divided opinion, although everyone seems to enjoy the production itself.

MBarnum

« Reply #100 on: July 25, 2007, 09:20:36 AM »

OH!

It appears that JetBlue's Fall Airfare Sale is on right now.  So, if your heading to NYC...

*Of course, you'd be flying into JFK, but the cost differential could be worth the expense of a taxi/car service into the city.

And be sure to hire Gudda in car # 2017. He will make you trip into the city most enjoyable.

MBarnum

« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2007, 09:22:01 AM »

My BK question of the day:

Why are you haveing your ANGIE episode put on DVD?

Why isn't that show already on DVD?

I loved ANGIE.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2007, 09:24:14 AM »

Here's a question for our esteemed BK:

Have you ever had hush puppies?  What did you think of them?

By which I mean, the corn meal treats sometimes served with southern cooking, particularly with pulled pork and the like.  Not the shoes, which I can't think would taste very good.

I served up some very good ham a few nights ago, and made hush puppies as the main side dish, using a recipe in the Lee Brothers Southern Cookbook.  Aside from my getting the oil too hot, the recipe made for a great number of very good hush puppies - perhaps too many for the two of us.

The problem is, I don't think it would be easy to halve the recipe, since it calls for just one egg.

I suppose we could share with the real puppies, the ones who need shushing every once in a while.   ::)

I've had hush puppies many times and I like them for a little while, then get bored.  I've also worn hush puppies.

Question for you: Did you get the shares e-mail?

FJL

« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2007, 09:25:09 AM »

Noel - Small world - Nick Borisjuk was the sound designer on Skip's show HERRINGBONE, which Roger Rees just directed last month at Williamstown.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2007, 09:27:33 AM »

Ask BK:  I thought you said you had misread the University guy's resignation letter and that he's not leaving until next year, or did I imagine that along with The Drowsy Chaperone's US closing (thanks, Ben, I saw your clarification)?  This can of course be counted as a rhetorical question.  :)

I did misread it, and he technically could be there until next year, but I know he doesn't want to be and they're trying to replace him right now, hence the panic.  He sent me an e this morning saying he's asked for a meeting with the check writing guy to get this done.  Hopefully that will happen this week.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2007, 09:30:11 AM »

At twenty-one, she's not a troubled teen, although twenty-one is clearly the new eleven.  She's pathetic and the fact that this idiot is a role model for teen girls is even more pathetic.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2007, 09:30:58 AM »

My BK question of the day:

Why are you haveing your ANGIE episode put on DVD?

Why isn't that show already on DVD?

I loved ANGIE.

I found the tape, and it's one of my favorite episodics that I ever did.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2007, 09:33:05 AM »

Clearly, Lindsay Lohan's mother is not doing a good job on the guilt trip thing.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Ginny

« Reply #108 on: July 25, 2007, 09:34:23 AM »

The title of today's notes is what I'm doing, because:

1)  PayPal is making it impossible for me to send my Brain share through them.  BK, I've tried several different computers and a couple of work-arounds and nothing worked.  Per your email, I'll put a check in the snail mail ASAP!

2)  Flights to New York, from either Dayton or Cincinnati (we're right between the 2 airports) are expensive and inconvenient.  Does anyone else find it absurd to fly from southern Ohio to Chicago, St. Louis, Charlotte, or Atlanta to get to NYC?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2007, 09:48:27 AM »

...As I always say...you pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your family.
Armistead Maupin, in comparing blood relatives versus the groups of people we gather in our lives, refers to the two as the biological family and the logical family.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #110 on: July 25, 2007, 09:50:56 AM »

Question for you: Did you get the shares e-mail?
I did not, but der Brucer was handling the shares from both of us, so you may have sent him the e-mail.  (Family habit - he handles the on-line spending, I do almost all of the food shopping.)

Ginny

« Reply #111 on: July 25, 2007, 10:00:08 AM »

One online transaction that has gone smoothly today has resulted in DH Richard and me becoming members of NYMF  :D
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #112 on: July 25, 2007, 10:03:38 AM »

I found the tape, and it's one of my favorite episodics that I ever did.

You are speaking DS Betsy's "secret" language--more can not be said on threat of spousal murder.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ben

« Reply #113 on: July 25, 2007, 10:17:12 AM »

This organization

Bi-Folkal Productions

has received a grant from the Carnegie (that's pronounced "carNEGie", not "CARnegie") Corporation toward production of a documentary on the role and image of librarians in film and society.

I know two people they could interview.  :D

Ben

« Reply #114 on: July 25, 2007, 10:19:13 AM »

In case you're interested that grant would be codes as follows

Field of Activity-B71 (Libraries (public))/A31 (Film/video)

no population group since we don't have a code for librarians

Type of Support-44 (Film/video/radio production)

singdaw

« Reply #115 on: July 25, 2007, 10:21:03 AM »

Carnegie (that's pronounced "carNEGie", not "CARnegie")

Try as I might, I have great difficulty in prouncing this correctly after hearing it incorrectly for so many years.  The correct way just sounds wrong.

Ginny

« Reply #116 on: July 25, 2007, 10:24:59 AM »

NO code for Librarians?

That's the title for my memoirs.

singdaw

« Reply #117 on: July 25, 2007, 10:26:07 AM »

And speaking of Carnegie,
have any of our NYC DRs ever been asked directions by a tourist and actually had the opportunity to use the old "practice, practice, practice" punchline?  ;)

singdaw

« Reply #118 on: July 25, 2007, 10:28:14 AM »

NO code for Librarians?

The amazing story of how massive doses of vitamin C and echinacea have kept librarians CODE-free for years!?!

Ginny

« Reply #119 on: July 25, 2007, 10:39:02 AM »

Actually, librarians (at least those of us who belong to ALA) DO have a
 Code of Ethics
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up