Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: SPELLING OUT OUR NEEDS  (Read 52193 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:SPELLING OUT OUR NEEDS
« Reply #210 on: August 27, 2007, 11:57:44 AM »

It really sux!  I had been having trouble with both the internet connection and interference on a couple of channels and had Comcast come to fix it a few days before I left.  All the guy did was replace the signal splitters and then give me a story about replacing my analog service with digital (which would be a waste of time since my neighborhood and house are not yet wired for fios.)  They will be getting another call from me today, that's fer shure!

I hope you get a credit for all the time that you've been gone since it still doesn't work!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #211 on: August 27, 2007, 11:58:17 AM »

WELCOME BACK DANtheMAN!  It doesn’t sound as if you were thrilled, with parts of your vacation.  ??? The chocolate upcakes looks yummy, much better than Magnolia’s.  

Do you normally check email when you are traveling?  I know many people who prefer not to.  I like to, if I can.

Singdaw you did a fine job of recapping our HHW news.

Miss Karen you did a very humorous job of recapping our HHW news.

George

« Reply #212 on: August 27, 2007, 12:02:27 PM »

...And I'm now officially on the Mary Poppins stage management e-mail list.  :)

Congrats on the officiality of being on the list!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #213 on: August 27, 2007, 12:12:04 PM »

And a BIG Welcome Back to Dan (The Man)!! :D

Jane

« Reply #214 on: August 27, 2007, 12:23:43 PM »

Bruce have you watched BURN NOTICE?  I think you might like it.

My current favorite shows air in the summer, THE CLOSER & BURN NOTICE.  I also enjoy EUREKA.

I’m looking forward to the return of BONES & THE DRESDEN FILES.  

Top shows I have enjoyed but aren’t sure if they will hold up for another season are; HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER, BOSTON LEGAL, HOUSE & STARGATE: ATLANTIS.

Since we couldn’t get a decent connection during the original broadcasting, we have been watching STAR TREK, ENTERPRISE.  We have seen almost all of the early episodes & are waiting for the later ones to be shown.

td

• td
« Reply #215 on: August 27, 2007, 12:29:21 PM »

It's so nice to have a Dan(theMan) around the house!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Ginny

« Reply #216 on: August 27, 2007, 12:29:32 PM »

TOD - Not much time in my schedule these days to watch TV, but I do try to see:

Jeopardy!
NCIS
The Closer

Some Food Network programs
Michigan Football - GO BLUE!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

singdaw

« Reply #217 on: August 27, 2007, 12:33:12 PM »

It's so nice to have a Dan(theMan) around the house!

Everybody ought to have a Dan(theMan)!   :)

singdaw

« Reply #218 on: August 27, 2007, 12:36:32 PM »

TOD:

During the past television season, I only watched Desperate Housewives - not great tv, just a fun guilty pleasure - and Lost, until it moved to 10:00 PM.  Now that I have a DVR, perhaps I'll pick that up again.  Not sure that bk would enjoy either one.

Some series that I have enjoyed on DVD are Six Feet Under, South Park, The Closer.  I hear good things about The Office, but haven't seen it - only the original British version, which I liked a lot.

td

• td
« Reply #219 on: August 27, 2007, 12:45:08 PM »

TOD:
LOST.  Which I only began watching once the first season was released on dvd, as that season's scheduling was a total fiasco from the start. But, once on the island, the show became my all-time favorite television drama.  The characters, the backstories, the frontstories, the locale, the writing and direction are all above average.  After season three's finale, I've decided that LOST owes a lot to James Hilton's LOST HORIZON.

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES.  Not always the best show, but, much better now that Joe Keenan is writing and co-producing(?).  Great cast from top to bottom, too.  Has a great re-watchability factor.

GREY'S ANATOMY.  I'm not always happy with the direction of the show - it relies too much on pop music (like SMALLVILLE) to tell its tales.  I often get irritated with the characters, and am in complete hate with one, but, that's the joy of character driven drama, isn't it?

CALIFORNICATION.  I watched the first episode only because of David Duchovny, I'll watch the remaining episodes to see how this anti-anti-hero plays out the season.

KYLE XY.  I just wish the show would make up its mind as to what it is.  I've skipped most of this season, but have backup discs to view later.

JOHN FROM CINCINNATTI.  recommended to me by a friend, and she was right.  Surfer dudes, spiritualism and Rebecca deMornay.  Sad to say that one season was all HBO could do with it.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #220 on: August 27, 2007, 01:00:52 PM »

WELCOME BACK DANtheMAN!  It doesn’t sound as if you were thrilled, with parts of your vacation.  ??? The chocolate upcakes looks yummy, much better than Magnolia’s.  

Do you normally check email when you are traveling?  I know many people who prefer not to.  I like to, if I can.

Singdaw you did a fine job of recapping our HHW news.

Miss Karen you did a very humorous job of recapping our HHW news.

The second week of my vacation, spent with my sisters, my nephew, my neice and great neice in Ocean City, was a bit of a drag.  It rained five of the seven days we were there and it was difficult to convince the crew that we could do things other than go to the beach or the water park or boardwalk.  I wound up watching far too many WILL & GRACE reruns.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jane

« Reply #221 on: August 27, 2007, 01:03:38 PM »

Too bad & a shame you didn't have internet access.  Did you enjoy your first week of vacation?

Jennifer

« Reply #222 on: August 27, 2007, 01:03:55 PM »

BK, re: Big Brother last night. I believe the person you were referring to was amber (who was not leaving btw, if she had left she would not be seen anymore). They were basically making a mockery of her praying and saying she wanted to be on America's Next Top model (while they showed her flabby body in a bikini).

I guess they figure since nobody likes her (she was on the news for making inappropriate comments against jewish people) they would do this.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #223 on: August 27, 2007, 01:05:23 PM »

And when I do the week with my family, I generally stay away from computers and such so that my nephew and great-niece get the idea that the internet is not vital to one's life (though that's not always an easy thing to do when I'm going through withdrawal pains myself.)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #224 on: August 27, 2007, 01:07:28 PM »

As for the TOD, I have a number of favorites: (soap) Young & The Restlesss, (drama) Heroes, Lost.

My favorite reality show is The Amazing Race.

Two of my favorites got cancelled last season (Veronica Mars and Gilmore Girls).

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #225 on: August 27, 2007, 01:07:39 PM »

Too bad & a shame you didn't have internet access.  Did you enjoy your first week of vacation?

I enjoyed the first week very much.  Better weather and plus I discovered that you don't necessarily need to be drunk or stoned to participate in debauchery! :)
-- Anaïs Nin

George

« Reply #226 on: August 27, 2007, 01:08:25 PM »

And when I do the week with my family, I generally stay away from computers and such so that my nephew and great-niece get the idea that the internet is not vital to one's life (though that's not always an easy thing to do when I'm going through withdrawal pains myself.)

Just tell them, "Do as I say, not as I do!"

;)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #227 on: August 27, 2007, 01:08:53 PM »

Oh, you guys are making me blush!  

:-*
-- Anaïs Nin

Jane

« Reply #228 on: August 27, 2007, 01:14:54 PM »

;D

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #229 on: August 27, 2007, 01:18:41 PM »

Just the tiniest bit cooler feeling outisde today. Not great, mind you, but not nearly as swelteringly hot and miserable as last week.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #230 on: August 27, 2007, 01:21:36 PM »

Welcome home, Dan-the-Man.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matt H.

« Reply #231 on: August 27, 2007, 01:22:46 PM »

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, DR Jane, but THE DRESDEN FILES was canceled after its first season.

DR td, Joe Keenan is no longer associated with DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES. He asked to be let out of his contract at the end of season three. I'm assuming he and Marc Cherry just couldn't see eye-to-eye on the tone for the show or where they wanted it to go, and since it is basically Cherry's to do with as he pleases, well, Keenan left.

Jane

« Reply #232 on: August 27, 2007, 01:23:04 PM »

Sherlock & I are off for his training class.  He loves to go to class.  Today we move up to the next stage of training.  After a two week absence I fear he won't deserve to be in the class-my fault of course if he doesn't behave.

Jane

« Reply #233 on: August 27, 2007, 01:24:06 PM »

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, DR Jane, but THE DRESDEN FILES was canceled after its first season.

:-[  I thought it had been renewed.  My brother will also be disappointed to hear this.

Matt H.

« Reply #234 on: August 27, 2007, 01:24:27 PM »

When I got in from lunch, I watched last Friday's MONK. It was a very funny episode. The mystery wasn't much, and the give-away clue was much too obvious from the start, but it still made me laugh a lot.

Matt H.

« Reply #235 on: August 27, 2007, 01:25:14 PM »

:-[  I thought it had been renewed.  My brother will also be disappointed to hear this.

Unless I'm getting my wires crossed with some other show, no, it was canceled after its first season.

The lead actor is on this fal's new show BIG SHOTS, I think.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 01:25:55 PM by Matt H. »

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #236 on: August 27, 2007, 01:29:01 PM »

This morning I went for a walk, and this is what I saw:

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matt H.

« Reply #237 on: August 27, 2007, 01:29:05 PM »

Next, I watched the first of the two Disney Channel DVDs which came in today - RETURN TO HALLOWEENTOWN.

It's amazing that the current generation of preteens has this whole world of Disney favorites that have nothing to do with the Disney of old (Mickey Mouse, Herbie the Love Bug, etc.)

This is the fourth TV movie set in Halloweentown with these characters (though a new actress is playing the leading witch). And who knew that Debbie Reynolds has been making these TV-films for Disney? I didn't.

Matt H.

« Reply #238 on: August 27, 2007, 01:31:19 PM »

When I go back down, I'll finish the TV-movie (Millicent Martin is also in it), and then watch whatever special features are on the disc. I know there is a making of featurette. I'm not sure if there is anything else or not.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #239 on: August 27, 2007, 01:32:22 PM »

I guess they figure since nobody likes her (she was on the news for making inappropriate comments against jewish people) they would do this.

I believe her comments were made to Jameka.  To my knowledge, Jameka has never told anyone, so none of the others would know.

Also, bear in mind that Amber has never been "America's Choice" for eviction, so far as I know, since she made those comments (based on sheer ignorance, more than anything).
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15   Go Up