Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: SPELLING OUT OUR NEEDS  (Read 52190 times)

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
Re:SPELLING OUT OUR NEEDS
« Reply #300 on: August 27, 2007, 04:59:33 PM »

110 in the shade

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #301 on: August 27, 2007, 04:59:58 PM »

DR Noel - Thank you for "Fine and Dandy".  The funny thing is is that when I was humming the tune, I was putting the words "fine and dandy" to the first part of the melody, but since I couldn't put/remember words to the rest of the melody, I didn't think it was that song.  Then I started thinking that "Fine and Dandy" had a different tune.  -Must have been the residual tequila.  ;)

I told you it wasn't Ashoken Farewell!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #302 on: August 27, 2007, 05:00:12 PM »

And just like that-Page 11

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #303 on: August 27, 2007, 05:03:43 PM »

Unless I'm getting my wires crossed with some other show, no, it was canceled after its first season.

The lead actor is on this fall's new show BIG SHOTS, I think.

He is listed in 6 out of the 7 episodes & is not one of the four male leads.  I guess I'll have to watch & see how big is role is.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #304 on: August 27, 2007, 05:04:29 PM »

This morning I went for a walk, and this is what I saw:

BEAUTIFUL!

Cillaliz

« Reply #305 on: August 27, 2007, 05:05:27 PM »

BK, re: Big Brother last night. I believe the person you were referring to was amber (who was not leaving btw, if she had left she would not be seen anymore). They were basically making a mockery of her praying and saying she wanted to be on America's Next Top model (while they showed her flabby body in a bikini).

I guess they figure since nobody likes her (she was on the news for making inappropriate comments against jewish people) they would do this.

But she cries all the time! She had said earlier that she asked God to let Jessica win not her and that's why it happened...oh puhleese...let's see... wars, famine, poverty....Amber's game on BB8...

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #306 on: August 27, 2007, 05:05:43 PM »

I am not allowed to say just yet, DR JRand57.

Is the subject known best for wearing one- or two-piece swimming suits?

Is the interview subject a disciple of physical culture and hustles in the parking lot of Gold's Gym around 1958?

Is it bigger than a bread box?

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #307 on: August 27, 2007, 05:12:33 PM »

DR LarryElmoore3003:

Spending an afternoon rummaging through empty apartments with Rodney Gilfry?????

You must have been a very, very good boy at some point in your life!

It's because the the pure, exemplary life I've led that Jesus is good to me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #308 on: August 27, 2007, 05:19:20 PM »

DR Jose - DP Colin hopes that you are rationing your Fredo consumption.

Everything in moderation.  Even Fredo Frogs.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #309 on: August 27, 2007, 05:20:32 PM »

Art Metrano
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Art Metrano (born September 22, 1936 in Brooklyn, New York) is an American actor, best known for his role as Capt. Mauser in Police Academy 2 and Police Academy 3. He left the series due to a serious fall at home on September 17, 1989, that seriously injured his spinal cord and left him disabled.

In the early 1970s, he frequently appeared on The Tonight Show as a "magician" performing absurd tricks (such as making his fingers "jump" from one hand to another) while constantly humming an inane theme song (named Fine and Dandy). This was referenced in Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story, when a character who had visited Jesus Christ in the past claims that "[Jesus'] abilities may have been exaggerated." The scene then cuts to Jesus performing Metrano's act, theme song and all.

Currently, he tours with his one-man show, "Jews Don't Belong On Ladders...An Accidental Comedy", which has raised more than $175,000 for Project Support for Spinal Cord Injury to help buy crutches, wheelchairs and supplies in lieu of medical research and long term solutions.

Attorney Paul Hittleman is now representing Art Metrano in his lawsuit against 20th Century Fox for using his comedy "magic act" in the aforementioned Family Guy Movie.

On YouTube.com, you can find young boys and girls aged nine through the college years mimicing Metrano's "magic act" and calling it the "Jesus Dance." His popularity has grown, but none of the young imitators know the truth of who originated this funny classic comedy routine due to the lack of his own YouTube channel and/or Internet presence.

[edit] External links
Art Metrano at the Internet Movie Database
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Metrano"

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #310 on: August 27, 2007, 05:21:29 PM »

DR elmore - Sounds like you had a good day with Rodney Gilfry.  And that's funny about Jose Llana being the realtor, although, there are a number of actors and musicians who are licensed realtors - a great way to supplement their income.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #311 on: August 27, 2007, 05:27:30 PM »

DRMiss Karen, yesterday you posted this:

The title of my next musical: Buttfluffsical! (of course, it would be for the Fringe Festival and DR ELmo would think it's crap...)

I am sorry that my negative opinions for two turkeys I saw in this year's festival, neither of which you personally witnessed even if there were a bit of maternal attachment to one of the aforesaid turkeys, has tainted your conception of my outlook on the New York Fringe Festival.  I can say without hesitation that the Festival's wonderfully silly For The Love Of Tiffany, with its classic outlook "Let America Come," outrageously rude lyrics by the talented if unpleasant Amanda Green, remains one of my favorite moments of New York theatregoing.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 05:29:38 PM by elmore3003 »

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #312 on: August 27, 2007, 05:31:21 PM »

the realtor was actor Jose Llana of ON THE TOWN, the revival of FLOWER DRUM SONG, and currently wonderful THE PUTNAM COUNTY SPELLING BEE

Seems like Jose left The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee a dog's age ago.  Personally, I blame Jose.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #313 on: August 27, 2007, 05:31:45 PM »

Here it is! If I were a millionaire, I'd take this show to Broadway!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #314 on: August 27, 2007, 05:36:46 PM »

As to the Fringe "awards" it's already been pointed out elsewhere that they're not "awards" - just a bunch of friends and family voting and insuring their shows are "winners."  It's just silly - why they feel the need to do this sort of thing is anyone's guess - the shows are the shows and people like what they like.  But this way they can use in their adverts or fundraising "best musical" even though they're one of three.  Whatever works, I suppose.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #315 on: August 27, 2007, 05:37:39 PM »

And, for the record, seeing Bukowsical in LA was not one of my treasured theatregoing experiences.  But, there are those who love it, and that's what makes horseracing.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #316 on: August 27, 2007, 05:38:49 PM »

Watching something called How I Met Your Mother - bad jokes, and, like most comedies these days, it seems to be modeled structurally after Seinfeld.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #317 on: August 27, 2007, 05:40:26 PM »

Spoke to our very own Mr. Harvey Schmidt tonight, and he's being kind enough to arrange tix for The Fantasticks this week.  I'm also thinking about seeing Legally Blonde and maybe Xanadu.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #318 on: August 27, 2007, 05:40:59 PM »

Sour Cherry on Red Velvet?!?!?!  Hmm... I guess I could head down to Ocean City for a few days since I'm not working until Friday.
Which Ocean City?  NJ or MD?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #319 on: August 27, 2007, 05:41:19 PM »

WAtching Julia Louis Dreyfuss and a show created and produced by something named karilizer.  I rest my case.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #320 on: August 27, 2007, 05:42:58 PM »

As to the Fringe "awards" it's already been pointed out elsewhere that they're not "awards" - just a bunch of friends and family voting and insuring their shows are "winners."  It's just silly - why they feel the need to do this sort of thing is anyone's guess - the shows are the shows and people like what they like.  But this way they can use in their adverts or fundraising "best musical" even though they're one of three.  Whatever works, I suppose.

Well, aren't most "awards" voted on by a panel of their "peers and colleagues".  Whether they're silly or not, it's always nice knowing some people liked your show.  Or at least saw it.  ;)

Doesn't NYMF do a similar program? I think you have had to seen a certain number of shows in order to qualify to vote.  Are you going to pull Brain off the ballot?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #321 on: August 27, 2007, 05:45:35 PM »

Hmm... I was thinking of heading to Splash tonight, but I think I'm just doing fine and dandy sitting here in front of the TV with my laptop.
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #322 on: August 27, 2007, 05:45:35 PM »

Is the subject known best for wearing one- or two-piece swimming suits?

Is the interview subject a disciple of physical culture and hustles in the parking lot of Gold's Gym around 1958?

Is it bigger than a bread box?

None of the above DR Elmore...not this time anyhow!  ;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #323 on: August 27, 2007, 05:57:16 PM »

Doesn't NYMF do a similar program? I think you have had to seen a certain number of shows in order to qualify to vote.  Are you going to pull Brain off the ballot?

They do! Last year I pimped for THE TRAGIC & HORRIBLE LIFE OF THE SINGING NUN.

Tomovoz

« Reply #324 on: August 27, 2007, 06:02:39 PM »

So you are the Scarlet Pimp?

I really hoped for the show to have a future.  Is it still being "worked" DR Elmore?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #325 on: August 27, 2007, 06:03:29 PM »

Not to be confused with Ruby Red Pumps.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #326 on: August 27, 2007, 06:07:01 PM »

I'm off to visit a friend in hospital.
Back in a few hours.
James Thurber 1957

td

• td
« Reply #327 on: August 27, 2007, 06:08:19 PM »

Not to be confused with Ruby Red Pumps.
Which Aussie Helen Reddy wore with her Big Ole Ruby Red Dress.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #328 on: August 27, 2007, 06:15:03 PM »

It's because the the pure, exemplary life I've led that Jesus is good to me.

I'm sure you are paragon to be loved, chaste and pure from afar.   A single individual pure as the driven snow.

:-*
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

td

• td
« Reply #329 on: August 27, 2007, 06:19:28 PM »

I'm sure you are paragon to be loved, chaste and pure from afar.   A single individual pure as the driven snow.

:-*

I used to be snow white, but I drifted.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Up